United States

#1 Jan 11, 2008
wow that story in paper about audit made me go to montee's web site and read it...county needs to work on lots of stuff..makes for an eye opening reading too
ben too

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jan 12, 2008
where is this web site
Instant Karma

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Jan 12, 2008

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2008
thanks Karma that is quite some read...I think shame on them except maybe Achison guy who is new...vote them out...sounds like they do what they want...

“change is possible”

Since: Nov 07

Caruthersville

#6 Jan 12, 2008
Instant Karma wrote:
http://www.auditor.mo.gov/pres s/2007-83.htm
Could this start the shake up that everyone has been wanting to happen? I heard back in the summer or early fall that things would change in Caruthersville, that is all the two people had to say on the subject.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#7 Jan 13, 2008
I read the State Auditors report and was impressed by the professionalism of their report and depressed by Pemiscot County's ability or lack thereof to manage their own affairs.
As usual, much like with the "Road Rage Riggs" incident, nothing will be done.
That reminds me. I saw nothing in the report about the sheriff's department and their expenses.
Instant Karma

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Jan 13, 2008
tarp wrote:
<quoted text>Could this start the shake up that everyone has been wanting to happen? I heard back in the summer or early fall that things would change in Caruthersville, that is all the two people had to say on the subject.
I don't know about a "shake up" per se. Does everyone REALLY want change? It seems to be the "same ol',same ol' " here. I think when Cville finally hits rock bottom there may be change. A change has to start from the top on down. Guess we'll see come election time.
WIRED

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 13, 2008
Very interesting and alarming......
tarp

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 13, 2008
Instant Karma wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about a "shake up" per se. Does everyone REALLY want change? It seems to be the "same ol',same ol' " here. I think when Cville finally hits rock bottom there may be change. A change has to start from the top on down. Guess we'll see come election time.
I was referring to how bad most people have been talking about the elected officals, if you change all or most of the elected officals it is considered a "shake up". It will be the same until people start voting for a change, it is like this town is addicted to its leaders. You hate what they are doing for the town but you put them right back in office. Like an alcoholic doesn't want to drink but does, he will not quit drinking until he changes his decision on drinking. God bless

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2008
1tiredpup wrote:
I read the State Auditors report and was impressed by the professionalism of their report and depressed by Pemiscot County's ability or lack thereof to manage their own affairs.
As usual, much like with the "Road Rage Riggs" incident, nothing will be done.
That reminds me. I saw nothing in the report about the sheriff's department and their expenses.
the only ting listed was changing the way the commissary funds were handled if not picked up, if you readpaper it says that sheriff's office helped lower deficit I think, sales tax from building and federal prisoners brought in money

Shame that the county clerk and officials can't play right with the tax money....run or vote out those in and maybe it will be cleaned up, there was stuff from the last audit that the county did not fix...or go to meetings on mondays and speak up loud and clear..
Instant Karma

Poplar Bluff, MO

#12 Jan 13, 2008
tarp wrote:
<quoted text>I was referring to how bad most people have been talking about the elected officals, if you change all or most of the elected officals it is considered a "shake up". It will be the same until people start voting for a change, it is like this town is addicted to its leaders. You hate what they are doing for the town but you put them right back in office. Like an alcoholic doesn't want to drink but does, he will not quit drinking until he changes his decision on drinking. God bless
Yup, I agree. It always makes me wonder, with all the griping, how many people actually vote?

“Let's Go Blues!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Caruthersville

#13 Jan 13, 2008
The State Auditor's report was very interesting. Maybe the citizens of Pemiscot County should hold these county officials accountable at election time. After all, it's the citizens of Pemiscot County's money that they are wasting.
Blah

United States

#14 Jan 13, 2008
sounds like Hazzard county to me...how much did that silly shit on the riverfront and the helicopter cost?
Guest101

United States

#15 Jan 13, 2008
From the way I understood the reading was....
they are REPEAT offenders in miss placing where the money is going??
Is this the take anyone else got ??
Didn't they say they had told them before about reciepts etc. and where they should be post under.?????? How hard is that??

Agree with the above posters..
election time is coming up!
Excerise your RIGHTS get out and VOTE !

United States

#16 Jan 14, 2008
I just re-read audit and stuff in paper, How can a treasurer get such a raise, and county commissioners not pay backa raise? How can the county commissioners sit back and not do what was suggested four years ago in the last audit? It is like our elected officials are thumbing their noses at the voters...and all you above are right, they can thumb their noses because we don't vote them out....speak up folks, read the audit and write letters or go to meetings...let the elected officials know they messed up.
Yada Yada Yada

Caruthersville, MO

#17 Jan 14, 2008
Blah wrote:
sounds like Hazzard county to me...how much did that silly shit on the riverfront and the helicopter cost?
Repeat after me. I am a dumbass, I don't deserve to breed, I have no idea what I am talking about. I don'tknow the difference between city and county. I promise to keep my mouth shut and never speak in public again. I hope no one else notices how stupid I am.
light bread man

United States

#19 Jan 16, 2008
I am an ex employee of pemiscot county.The county jerk ,I mean clerk and the two commissioners need to RESIGN. The only thing they want is money and power. Neither one of them knows anything about roads or bridges.They tried to screw me out of 1027 hrs and even reported to the auditors of paying out $16200 to me when I retired.1027 times $8,64 doesnt add up to $16,200.They forced me into retirement and replaced me with a younger man .That is just part of the discrimination and this may not be over with yet// come election time ,I will be out campaigning for the opponents. You need to VOTE them out and give Mr atchinson a chacne to pull the county back together ,if it is not too late already.
Guest101

United States

#20 Jan 16, 2008
when is the next election... and who will be replaced ? That is IF PEOPLE will get out and VOTE!
Seriously tho.. who will be up for re-election?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knoxís Closing 3 hr Guest 3
PaPa Johnís 9 hr Customer 1
lookin for masturbation partner. (Apr '11) 17 hr college F fest 26
Mayoral candidates (Jan '15) 21 hr The good people 125
Biased Journalism Tue Guest1 21
Snow amount? Tue jez 1
Iím sorry Melinda Mon Slim shady 7

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance