Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mil...

Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

6,421 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Murphysboro, IL

#7402 Apr 18, 2014
You are sick
SURPRIZE

Lenexa, KS

#7403 Apr 20, 2014
Anybody out there keeping up with the reports on the Bundy Ranch in NV. where the cows were taken off the Bundy Ranch .
Same

United States

#7404 Apr 24, 2014
guest wrote:
You are sick
Yes I am sick

My fake boobs are rotting
Agriculture

Tarkio, MO

#7405 Apr 24, 2014
I'm not against puppies, but wait til they expand to cows and hogs
mok

Kansas City, MO

#7407 May 7, 2014
lol
Carl

Mokane, MO

#7409 May 20, 2014
I think we all can agree that there are bad breeders out there who should be shut down. I've seen one of those puppy mill dogs in person. Cute little mini dachshund. It took the owner a couple of years to get the dog used to the fact that not all people are bad people. The dog came from an old woman who was taking care of 100 dogs confined in rabbit cages.

Yes I'd like to see outfits like that shut down but sometimes we make these laws as a one size fit's all law. If this is a one size fits all law it will probably affect honest owners more than it will the bad ones.

What usually happens after laws like these are passed is that the little guy can no longer afford to get in the business of raising dogs. I would love to raise dachshunds because I love the breed. Only those companies that can afford the start up costs will be in the dog business.

People don't realize this but many small businesses get put out of business by Govt regulation. My little town once had a meat market. The Govt. put it out of business because they wanted fewer places to inspect. They wanted and still want businesses to be concentrated in large facilities where they can keep a better eye on them.

The fellow who ran our market made a decent living here. Now he makes hot dogs at the Oscar Meyer plant for less money.

I am going to study this bill. If it meets my requirements I'll vote yes. If it don't I'll just sadly shake my head and vote no.

Like I said earlier I'd love to raise a few quality dogs. They would not be for show. I'd go for health and personality. The Dachshund breed is being ruined by bad breeders. I have no intention of being one who contributes to that.
SURPRIZE

Yates Center, KS

#7410 May 20, 2014
Carl wrote:
I think we all can agree that there are bad breeders out there who should be shut down. I've seen one of those puppy mill dogs in person. Cute little mini dachshund. It took the owner a couple of years to get the dog used to the fact that not all people are bad people. The dog came from an old woman who was taking care of 100 dogs confined in rabbit cages.
Yes I'd like to see outfits like that shut down but sometimes we make these laws as a one size fit's all law. If this is a one size fits all law it will probably affect honest owners more than it will the bad ones.
What usually happens after laws like these are passed is that the little guy can no longer afford to get in the business of raising dogs. I would love to raise dachshunds because I love the breed. Only those companies that can afford the start up costs will be in the dog business.
People don't realize this but many small businesses get put out of business by Govt regulation. My little town once had a meat market. The Govt. put it out of business because they wanted fewer places to inspect. They wanted and still want businesses to be concentrated in large facilities where they can keep a better eye on them.
The fellow who ran our market made a decent living here. Now he makes hot dogs at the Oscar Meyer plant for less money.
I am going to study this bill. If it meets my requirements I'll vote yes. If it don't I'll just sadly shake my head and vote no.
Like I said earlier I'd love to raise a few quality dogs. They would not be for show. I'd go for health and personality. The Dachshund breed is being ruined by bad breeders. I have no intention of being one who contributes to that.
great post.
SURPRIZE

Saint Louis, MO

#7411 May 21, 2014
Well it look s like the chickens are comning home to roost. HSUS true colors are starting to bleed threw. It was never about the puppies.Thanks to the Ringling Brothers for not backing down. Donate to local shelters.They need your help !!!!!!!
Jennifer

Blue Springs, MO

#7413 May 26, 2014
SURPRIZE is right. If you send your money to HSUS, it's much more likely to be used to lobby than it is to take care of animals. HSUS should remove the animals from their commercials and replace them with sad little overpaid lawyers.

Support your local shelter. Do not support HSUS or PETA.

United States

#7414 May 27, 2014
no one should have more than 10 dogs even as a breeder. you can not keep up with their health and exercise needs let alone some real one on one playtime i am a breeder. i have 7 dogs. their needs are my first priority and they do not go without. they are not confined to a kennel unless they are in season. i do not believe this bill is anything more than the goverment wanting more control over everything in our lives. they got rid of so many jobs by allowing companies to move across to other countries. now they are looking to get ride of all the livestock farmers. so we can pay oil prices for food in the country. people get real the goverment does not care about your dogs and cats. this is about some politician trying to line pockets by ruining peoples lives. he/she don't live and work on a farm, so why should they care where our food comes from. some underpaid servant is preparing their food that probably already comes from somewhere else. everytime people think they are helping defenceless animals. they are only helping more greedy people.
SURPRIZE

United States

#7415 May 27, 2014
Guest is right.The government does not care about dogs,cats and Etc.Have anyone noticed that the hsus and aspca were ordered to pay the Ringling Brothers a settlement of 15.9 million owed by hsus and aspca is to pay 9.4 million.Why! Because they brought animal abruse charges against the Ringling Brothers.The Ringling Brothers pushed back and won.But this info has not been reported by any news team team that I am aware of. I have noticed that their has been a lot of dog breeders shut down by the Attoney General. Also know that the kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything that they don t like.Wish leads to the breeder getting shut down.More lost jobs.
hgs827

Gulf Shores, AL

#7416 May 28, 2014
They should just start grinding up all the puppies and selling it as hamburger. Screw the yapping little mutts.

Since: Feb 07

Village of Claycomo, MO

#7418 Jun 16, 2014
hgs827 wrote:
They should just start grinding up all the puppies and selling it as hamburger. Screw the yapping little mutts.
Welcome to Arkansas.

Since: Feb 07

Village of Claycomo, MO

#7419 Jun 16, 2014
hgs827 wrote:
Or Alabama...
Sure

United States

#7420 Jun 19, 2014
SURPRIZE wrote:
Guest is right.The government does not care about dogs,cats and Etc.Have anyone noticed that the hsus and aspca were ordered to pay the Ringling Brothers a settlement of 15.9 million owed by hsus and aspca is to pay 9.4 million.Why! Because they brought animal abruse charges against the Ringling Brothers.The Ringling Brothers pushed back and won.But this info has not been reported by any news team team that I am aware of. I have noticed that their has been a lot of dog breeders shut down by the Attoney General. Also know that the kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything that they don t like.Wish leads to the breeder getting shut down.More lost jobs.

Breeding is not a "job". Also it's there not their. We euthanize 10k animals a day in the US. I have three purebred rescue dogs. We don't need more "breeder releases" to shelters. Breeders are not doing shelters favors. My vet bill last year was $4,200. Get a real education and a real job.
Old Guy

Raleigh, NC

#7421 Jun 24, 2014
We used to go the purebred way years ago. Then we'd have the little rascals spayed or neutered anyway - we never cared about having pups - just the dog. We have three... A Jack, a Rat and an ankle biting Chihuahua. What a combo.

Nothing wrong with shutting down a puppy mill if it's not caring for the animals they have. I'm not too big on home breeders either. But, if they take care of their responsibility... Okay.
Farm girl

Olathe, KS

#7422 Jun 24, 2014
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Breeding is not a "job". Also it's there not their. We euthanize 10k animals a day in the US. I have three purebred rescue dogs. We don't need more "breeder releases" to shelters. Breeders are not doing shelters favors. My vet bill last year was $4,200. Get a real education and a real job.
Really !!!!! So Breeding cattle to produce milk and meat is not a job ! Maybe you should get education on where your food come's from.And where you will get your next pet from.
twosday

Carthage, MO

#7424 Jun 26, 2014
Warning labels: motor oil transmission fluid-avoid prolonged contact with the skin. If you develop a rash or boils swelling discomfort consult your doctor immediately, in tests has been known cause cancer, prohibited in the state of California. WHAT TESTS??
Picture a helpless innocent puppy forced to lie and sleep on a floor of motor oil, Days months till it dies suffering from poisoning from petroleum distillates. Missouri also allows kitty mills. We are run by sadistic heartless soulless non compassionate greedy slithering rich a-oles.
Daisey

Saint Louis, MO

#7425 Jun 28, 2014
August 5 th Amendment 1 is the right to farm bill.Please go to the polls to vote.Support your local farmers.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#7426 Jun 29, 2014
Farm girl wrote:
<quoted text> Really !!!!! So Breeding cattle to produce milk and meat is not a job ! Maybe you should get education on where your food come's from.And where you will get your next pet from.
Cattle? A dog is not a cow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cindy herrin 29 min Allday 7
bsmith 1 hr Tired of it 26
just moved here hi iam Roseanne Davis iam 34 1 hr guest16 2
Jerry Lynn Carr 13 hr sweetcake 30
Just like her sisters 16 hr Guest01 3
Bad Wreck..... (Nov '07) Fri Greek 58
looking for johnny stevens!!!!! (Oct '10) Fri Yep 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages