Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mil...

Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

6,402 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

sendthelite

Yates Center, KS

#7378 Mar 26, 2014
boston terrier lover wrote:
does anyone know if doggone kennels is a puppy mill in Willard Missouri?
I am fed up with Responable breeders being called puppymills ! It is time that the Responable dog breeders stand up and do something about this. We raise family pets .We are state and usda licensed .And we pay for these license.We pay tax s.We support the vets the feed stores We shop at the local super market. These breeders who do not have a state or usda license never get inspected because the inspectors don't know how to find them.However due to lack of knowledge given to the public.ALL DOG BREEDERS HAVE BEEN PUT IN THE SAME CATAGORIE . GET educated on licensed dog breeders and unlicensed dog breeders .
Looking for country

Memphis, TN

#7379 Mar 29, 2014
vote yes wrote:
I worked to gather signatures so we could get this on the ballot. I think you should take a moment to read the bill instead of trying to scare people into thinking there is more to it then protecting animals. I would urge people to make suprise visits to some of these mills, if after seeing the conditions these poor animals are in and you still vote against the bill, you have no heart. And where are you getting information that the cost of meat will go up? That has nothing to do with this, and is untrue. Thats why its the puppy mill cruelty protection act. All we want are better conditions for the animals, is that asking to much? Why should a dog have to give birth over and over only to be killed when she cant produce any longer. Its disgusting!!!
The police told me that every dog,or animal on a person's property must be vaccinated by a licensed vet yearly. Have u checked the price of a vet lately? Over a hundred dollars just for visit. Also,this includes caged animals also. I've been taking in strays for years,but No More. I can't afford to have them all inoculated. And don't look for shelters to help. They are full or won't call back. They don't want the strays. That's how I ended up with them. The cops also said all dogs and cats must be fixed. Can't afford that either. Guess theirs gonna be even more starving animals out on the back roads if laws like this pass. Did you also know that the cops come onto your property when your not home and count your animals. No warrent . Disgusting.
Fact

Lenexa, KS

#7381 Mar 29, 2014
Well I know that if u are a licensed breeder and your inspector does not like you.That inspector will write you up for everything possable So to shut down another mo business.Heads up FARMERS ! The right to farm bill will be on the 2014 ballot.If you want to continue to farm don't let this right be taken away. MAY GOD BLESS YOU !
jeff m

Bevier, MO

#7382 Mar 31, 2014
Fact wrote:
Well I know that if u are a licensed breeder and your inspector does not like you.That inspector will write you up for everything possable So to shut down another mo business.Heads up FARMERS ! The right to farm bill will be on the 2014 ballot.If you want to continue to farm don't let this right be taken away. MAY GOD BLESS YOU !
If your doing your job you shouldn't get wrote up and if hes doing his job you should get wrote up if you give him a reason to write him up. If you would devote as much time to doing things right instead of complaining I really think you would be better off.
Fact

Olathe, KS

#7383 Apr 2, 2014
jeff m wrote:
<quoted text> If your doing your job you shouldn't get wrote up and if hes doing his job you should get wrote up if you give him a reason to write him up. If you would devote as much time to doing things right instead of complaining I really think you would be better off.
You dpn't have a clue yet !
Make up your own mind

Osceola, MO

#7384 Apr 2, 2014
humane anyone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he shouldn't have anything to worry about. Should he. I vote on the issue not all the nonsense unprovable fears of what could happen. If the agriculture laws change it will be because a majority of the people want the laws to change. In the meantime dogs deserve food and water and clean shelter and clean space to move around, away from their poo- DAILY.
The problem is the people that the law makers say this will stop already know how to get around it. Like so many other laws out there, this one would only hurt the people who actually follow the laws. there have been similar laws in affect for more than fifteen years, and according to the original proposition B, these topics where covered, and already supposed to be in affect for the last four. Be a leader not a mouthpiece. Educate yourself, read the bill, AND understand how it relates to the laws. DO NOT just believe the media, social or other wise. MAKE AN INFORMED CHOICE, and you will help the animals more than you are right now.
burp

Kansas City, MO

#7385 Apr 4, 2014
Make up your own mind wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is the people that the law makers say this will stop already know how to get around it. Like so many other laws out there, this one would only hurt the people who actually follow the laws. there have been similar laws in affect for more than fifteen years, and according to the original proposition B, these topics where covered, and already supposed to be in affect for the last four. Be a leader not a mouthpiece. Educate yourself, read the bill, AND understand how it relates to the laws. DO NOT just believe the media, social or other wise. MAKE AN INFORMED CHOICE, and you will help the animals more than you are right now.
Sneeze
Michael Vick

Clinton, MO

#7386 Apr 4, 2014
I just got my bill from the puppy mill. $5.00/lb for ground up puppies is ridiculous. My will have to sell my pits if prices stay this high.
Michael Vick

Clinton, MO

#7387 Apr 4, 2014
Looking for country wrote:
<quoted text>
The police told me that every dog,or animal on a person's property must be vaccinated by a licensed vet yearly. Have u checked the price of a vet lately? Over a hundred dollars just for visit. Also,this includes caged animals also. I've been taking in strays for years,but No More. I can't afford to have them all inoculated. And don't look for shelters to help. They are full or won't call back. They don't want the strays. That's how I ended up with them. The cops also said all dogs and cats must be fixed. Can't afford that either. Guess theirs gonna be even more starving animals out on the back roads if laws like this pass. Did you also know that the cops come onto your property when your not home and count your animals. No warrent . Disgusting.
You need to move.
Concerned Citizen

O Fallon, MO

#7388 Apr 6, 2014
Thanks for the break down. Great post.
CitizenTopix wrote:
Missouri Proposition B: Dog Breeding Regulations, also known as the Puppy Mill Bill.
A "YES" vote will amend Missouri law to require large-scale dog breeding operations to provide each dog under their care with sufficient food, clean water, housing and space; necessary veterinary care; regular exercise and adequate rest between breeding cycles. The amendment further prohibits any breeder from having more than 50 breeding dogs for the purpose of selling their puppies as pets. The amendment also creates a misdemeanor crime of "puppy mill cruelty" for any violations.
A “NO” vote will not change the current Missouri law regarding dog breeders.
How will you vote on November 2?
Concerned Citizen

O Fallon, MO

#7389 Apr 7, 2014
Please vote Tuesday.
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#7392 Apr 10, 2014
Is this thread ever gonna die
Mama

Sparta, MO

#7393 Apr 10, 2014
Yeaaahhhhhh! I just had a preggo dog dumped in my yard. No one wants this damn thing or it's 6 pups! What should I do? Go pay the local shelter 30 bucks each to take them, redump them or kill them all? WTF? I didn't ask for this. You are all a bunch of dumb ass hillbillies if you are buying a dog from the mills. You just make the problem worse for people like me who live out in the country and get all your unwanted pets when your attraction fizzles.If you don't want the dog, drown it, suffocate it but quit dumping the damn things. It's your problem if you asked for it.
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#7394 Apr 10, 2014
Don't go to one
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#7395 Apr 11, 2014
Does this apply to all animals
Fact

Kansas City, MO

#7396 Apr 11, 2014
guest wrote:
Does this apply to all animals
If we lose the right to farm.It will apply to all animals. Oh some folks don't realize that a lot of their food comes from the farmers. I wonder ! Hmm where will our food come from.
SURPRIZE

Kansas City, MO

#7397 Apr 11, 2014
Prop B was never about the welfare of the dogs. Are the Yes voters getting it yet ! Well maybe not yet. May take a little bit longer.
guest

Murphysboro, IL

#7398 Apr 14, 2014
Love pets
SURPRIZE

Yates Center, KS

#7399 Apr 14, 2014
guest wrote:
Love pets
Any Animal can be a pet .I like all animals.However my favorite are chickens. And they are butchered and eaten everyday.
guest

Murphysboro, IL

#7401 Apr 17, 2014
Let's take action people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
word game (May '09) 1 hr PeanutButtercup 959
new word game (Mar '09) 1 hr PeanutButtercup 1,526
Dylan Smith 1 hr mad 5
$2.00 a gallon gas. Thanks Obama 2 hr American Patriot 1
Brea who 3 hr guest 13
Bitter sweet revenge is swift 5 hr guest 6
How To Keep A Man (Feb '15) 5 hr janie 100
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages