Mitt Romney Told 27 Lies In First Debate!!!
Posted in the Caruthersville Forum
#1 Oct 5, 2012
Yes, that's right in 38 short minutes, Mitt Romney told a total of 27 lies! Below, I will list most of these lies.
To veiw the full list of Romney's lies key in (THINK PROGRESS) & click on "ROMNEY TOLD 27 LIES IN 38 MINUTES".
You can also go to a website called "Mitt Romeey Told 27 Lies in 1st Debate" and watch a video on the David Pakman Show.
BELOW IS A PARTIAL LIST OF ROMNEY'S LIES IN 1ST DEBATE:
1. "I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut."
2. "We ought to provide tax relief to people in the middle class, But, I'm not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people."
3. "There will be no tax cuts that adds to the deficit.
4 "I will not raise taxes on middle-income families."
5. "I saw a study that says you're going to raise taxes by $3,000 to $4,000 on middle income families."
6. "All the increase in natural gas & oil has happened on private land, not on government land. On government land, your administration has cut the number of permits & licenses in half."
7. "The president put it in place as much public debt - almost as much debt half by the publica as all prior presidents combined."
8. "That's why the National Federation of Independent Businesses sadi your plan will kill 700,000 jobs. I don't want to kill jobs in this environment.
9. "What we do have right now - is a setting where I'd like to bring money from oversees back to this country.
10. I'd like to take the Medicaid dollars that go to states & say to a state, you're going to get what you got last year, plus inflation, plus 1%, and then you're going to manage your care for your poor inthe way you think best.
(More Lies contunued on another post)
#2 Oct 5, 2012
(contiuation of LIES told by MITT ROMNEY by 1st debate)
11. "I want to take that $716billion you've cut from Medicare & put it back in Medicare - but the idea of cutting $716billion from Medicare to be able to balance the additional cost of Obamacare is, in my opinion, a mistake.
12. "What I support is no current change for current retirees & near retirees to Medicare."
13. "Number two is for people coming along that are young, what I do to make sure that we can keep Medicare in place for them is to allow them either to choose the current Medicare program or a private plan. Their choice. They get to choose - and they'll have at least two plans that will be entirely no cost to them.
14. "And by the way, the idea cam not even from Pau Romney or Senator Wyden, who's the co-author of the bill with Paul Ryan in the Senate, but also it came from Bill Clinton's chief of staff."
15. "Well, would I repeal & replace it, we're not going to get rid of all regulation. YOu have to have regulations. And there are some parts of Dodd-Frank that make alll the sense in the world."
16. "But, I wouldn't designate five banks as too big to fail & give them a blandk check. That's one of the unintended consequences of Dodd-Frank. We need to get rid of that provision because it's killing regional & small banks. They're getting hurt."
17. "And, unfortunately, when you look at Obamacare, the Congressional budget offic has said it will cost $2,500 a year more than traditional insurance. So, it's adding to the cost."
18, "It (Obamacare) puts in place an un-elected board that's going to tell people ultimately what kind of treatments they can have. I don't like that idea."
19. "Right now, the CBO says up to 20 million people will lose their insurance as Obamacare goes into effect next year. And likewise, a study by McKinsey & Company of America businesses said 30% of them are anticipating dropping from coverage."
20. "I like the way we did it (health-care) in Massachusetts - what were some differences? We didn't raise taxes."
(More Lies continued on another post)
#3 Oct 5, 2012
(continuation of LIES told by MITT ROMANY in 1st DEBATE)
21. "It's why Republicans said, do not do this, and the Republicans had - had the plan. They put a plan out, a bi-partisan plan. It was swept aside."
22. "Pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan."
23. "In one year, you provided 90 billion in breaks to the greeen energy world. Now. I like green energy as well, but that's about 50 years worth of what oil & grease recieves."
24. "I think about half of (the green firms Obama invested in) of the ones have been invested in - have gone out of business. A number of them happened to be owned by people who were contributors to your campaign."
25. "If the president's re-elected, you'll see dramatic cuts to our military."
(To see the full list of Mitt Romney's lies in the first presidental debate on Oct. 3, 2012 - key in "THINK PROGRESS" & the click on - "Romney Told 27 Lies In 38 Minutes")
On this same website you will also see the real FACTS - which clearly proves that Romney lied on 27 different issues during his debate with Obama...
#4 Oct 5, 2012
Ok if he is such a liar how come. Super smart Obama didn't call him on it. Oh wait cause he is the liar and incompetent Or cause he is above all that. If our president is weak enough to allow someone to lie to the American people and let them get away with it then he is a coward and will back down to any foreign ruler. So which is it is Romney a liar and Obama is incompetent as our leader or is Romney telling the truth. Or is Romney lying and Obama is too stupid to even know Romney is lying
Saint Louis, MO
#5 Oct 5, 2012
They all lie. Its seems like that is the name of the game. I tell you whatever you have to hear to get elected and then I do what I want. I don't care for Romney either, but the current president was a junior senator from the most corrupt state in the union. When they aren't shaking your hand and kissing your child they are stealing the kids candy.
#7 Oct 5, 2012
As if your rants and ravings were not indication enough, you have just proven yourself to be an extreme lefty progressive, just like your hero President Obama.
Think Progress is a left wing site and they want the President to be re-elected so they will say anything to get it done.
This comes directly off of the Think Progressive website. "ThinkProgress was voted “Best Liberal Blog” in the 2006 Weblog Awards and chosen as an Official Honoree in the 2009 and 2012 Webby awards." If they are liberal they are NOT non-biased and nonpartisan.
FactCheck.Org is non-biased and nonpartisan and they reported five lies spoken by President Obama at the debate and four non factual error were made by Governor Romney.
To use just one your lie allegations, FactCheck said this about the $5 trillion tax cut.
"The president said Romney was proposing a $5 trillion tax cut and Romney said he wasn’t. The president is off base here"
Alumni, you have been caught and more over you lied. You said that YOU HAD THE DEBATE AND YOU WERE YOU HAD FOUND 14 LIES AND WERE GOING TO POST THOSE.
YOU DIDN'T DO THAT. YOU GAVE US A CUT AND PASTE FROM A LEFTY WEBSITE!
Here are some facts for you that are coming from commentators on television and that includes, surprisingly, Democrats and CNN.
A Total of 67% of those who watched think Governor Romney won the debate. More over, it is having an effect on the election. A democratic strategist by the name of Tappin who monitors on line voter registration said that the rate of Republican registrations is up by 47%.
To go with that realclearpolitics, a nonpartisan web site is report Governor Romney is rising in the polls. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/lates...
I have a real important question here: Is this Think Progressive site you referenced one of those "Legitimate" news sources that you cited in other posts? Think Progressive in not a legitimate anything except a legitimate part of the left wing propaganda machine.
If I had posted from right wing sites or posted information from Fox News you would be all over me for doing so. How about you use non nonpartisan sites for your information. Sites such as the CBO and FactCheck.org instead of lefty propagandists.
You see that the big difference between you and me is highlighted here. I want the truth and I get it from nonpartisan sources. You don't want the truth, all you want to hear or read are things that agree with your opinion. I can admit when Governor Romney made mistakes and I have done so here. Governor Romney made four factual errors during the debate. You can't or won't admit to the truth when President Obama lies as he did five times during the debate.
I admit to the mistakes and all you do is spew the party line and defend the lies.
#8 Oct 5, 2012
One final comment on your raving rant here. You list 27 quotes from Governor Romney that you have labeled lies but you offer nothing to prove that these are lies and you don't cite a single fact from a nonpartisan site to prove it. To quote Walter Mondale from a debate with Gary Hart, "Where's the beef?"
#9 Oct 5, 2012
The proof is obvious for those educated in Presidential Politics, Mitt Romney has said one thing all summer and the decided he would completely turn his campaign on his head for the debate. This could be due to his plunging chances for winning. Educate yourself, do your own fact-checking, go to factcheck.org Americans are so lazy, they won't everything handed to them.
#10 Oct 5, 2012
If you had read the post that I made right before the one you quoted you will see that I advocated using factcheck.org over using the lefty site of Think Progessive. I have advocated doing research at nonpartisans and I do. I use the CBO, I use the page on the Congressional Website where you can read the actual legislation that is being considered and so on.
Think Left is only going to spout the lefty propaganda.
#11 Oct 5, 2012
If you would go to the website: "THINK PROGRESS" & click on: "ROMNEY TOLD 27 LIES IN 38 MINUTES".
You will find a list of all Romneys LIES at the debate & you will also find out - WHAT THE TRUTH REALLY IS BELOW EACH LIE.
If you are getting your facts from factcheck.org this explains a lot - because factcheck.com is a conservative biased website!!!
You need to check out my newest thread on this forum to learn more about factcheck.org & its CONSERVATIVE CONNECTIONS.
#12 Oct 5, 2012
Let me tell you conservative schmucks something. Romney wont win, and you know why? Because he cant carry the vote. Obama has the black vote, the Hispanic vote, the poor vote, and partially the middle class vote. What does Romeny have? The rich and middle class.
Well according to all of your own posts, the way unemployment is and judging by your falsified numbers you morons put out in here....looks to me the black Hispanic and poor out number the wealthy and partial middle class.
Oh sure he done a great job during the debate. Obama is a cool customer. His body language showed calm collective. Romney showed anger with his hand gestures and his arms swinging about.
Just what you idiot morons feed off of. Hate Hate Hate.
Its going to be close but I wouldn't puff my chest out just yet. Its soooooo easy to get under your skin though :))
#13 Oct 5, 2012
Alumni, that is the worst spin you have done in a rant.
1. The partisan site is THINK PROGRESSIVE as it is a left wing site. How do I know that, I went to it.
2. Everyone recognizes factcheck.org as non-biased and nonpartisan by ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN. They even report information from factcheck.org as reputable news.
3. I said that YOU GAVE US NO PROOF and you didn't. If you are going to copy and paste you really should copy everything.
Finally, with THINK PROGRESSIVE being partisan and factcheck.org being nonpartisan who tell the truth and seeing as I want the truth I'll let you guess which site I believe.
#14 Oct 5, 2012
Oh Alumni I forgot something.
THINK PROGRESSIVE challenges some of Governor Romney's statements about his tax cut plan based a report for the Tax Policy Center. This was the first report that they issued and later, as the Center learned more of the facts and mechanics, they issued a new report that revises the old and report and the Center has admitted that Governor ROmney's plan could indeed work and perform as he stated.
Perhaps if you want to say someone is lying or a liar you should use the most recent and corrected data instead of the old, outdated information
#15 Oct 5, 2012
INTELLIGENT, WISE MEN DON'T WADDLE IN THE MUD WITH PIGS!
#16 Oct 5, 2012
I was so proud of my President being the Adult in the Room!
He is such an honest, strong, wise, leader.
I trust him and he has integrity.
Qualities others do not possess!
Maturity is a necessity and sound decisions are a must.
Thank you Mr. President.
In a day when adults are behaving like juveniles, you are a breath of fresh air.
#17 Oct 5, 2012
A Liar is o good for Anything!
What a disgrace!
RobMe shames America.
#18 Oct 5, 2012
I do believe you are the biggest Idiot on this forum! I have given you proof that factchek.org is conservative biased - and yet you dismiss the information I gave as worthless left-leaning trash.
SO, WHAT YOU ARE REALLY SAYING IS - THAT ANY INFORMATION THAT DOES NOT AGREE WITH CONSERVATIVE THINKING - IS WORTHLESS LEFT-LEANING TRASH!!
Look, I started going through the whole debate yeaterday (I spent a lot of time on it - picking out the obvious lies I could spot). I found 14 lies.(I remembered most of them from having watched the debate).
Since, this seemed to be quite a time consuming project - today, I started surfacing the internet - so I could find a site that might list all the lies - I knew there were more(from watching the debate), but, I couldn't remember them all. And I did not want to spend anymore time than I has already spent. Luckily, I was able to find all the lies & a few I had forgotten - and that site was "THINK PROGRESS".
There was another thing Romney said, I seriously questioned as being true that I didn't see on this list of 27 lies. Romney said that 15% of hospitals around the nation would start refusing Medicare patients & 50% of doctors would deny treating Medicare patienst if Obamacare in enacted (because of the reduced payments they would be getting from Medicare). Personally, I do not believe this is true! Because, Medicare patients make up about 40-50% of all hospital & doctor's patients!
If you will go to the "Think Progress" site you will find the proof of these lies below the lie itself. DO YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH SENSE TO DO THAT???
#19 Oct 5, 2012
Are you going blind or just being obtuse? I told you I had been to THINK PROGRESS site. I'm telling you now, that it is a left leaning site and I proved that in one of my posts with a quote directly off the web site. When you dragged out alleged proof of factcheck.org being a conservative website, I disproved it. You have made no mention of the fact that so-called mainstream media, ABC, CBS, NBC, and the left leaning CNN all report information off of factcheck as a valid facts and true.
I swear, you are the most selective reader I have seen. Anything that agrees with you, you are capable of reading, comprehending and agree with. Anything that fits into you liberal delusional world you dismiss as being nothing. Anyone who doesn't agree with you, you classify as stupid and you call them an idiot. You demand respect when you are incapable of giving any and you accuse people of doing things that were not done.
On a thread I was having a nice civil debate with another poster about the Voter ID laws and you jumped all over me saying I was disrespecting you. YOU WEREN'T EVEN MENTIONED.
Find a non-biased website to back you up. Find a nonpartisan site to back you up. Start backing your rants with facts and try being civil and you might just find your opinions are better received and some respect. My God, you reactions to things and your rants make it seem as if you are a relative of President Obama or his mistress or something.
#20 Oct 5, 2012
Obama intelligent??? Wise???? I love the way you welfare recipients think. Bet you think Forrest gump was a rocket scientist. Only difference Forrest knew how to make money and create jobs. Obama can brew beer and golf.
#21 Oct 5, 2012
Lefty, since you are one of those wallowing pigs, you are not worthy of my intelligent response. You are beneath me.
How's that trailer coming?
Add your comments below
|Riot in Caruthersville results in arrests (Sep '06)||3 hr||DeAngelo Joe||59|
|what a coincidence||3 hr||guest||24|
|kenneth flanagan||3 hr||rambler||7|
|best friend||8 hr||lonley heart||4|
Find what you want!
Search Caruthersville Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC