Cats being found dead all over Cooter...

Cats being found dead all over Cooter in SEMO

There are 57 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Mar 29, 2011, titled Cats being found dead all over Cooter in SEMO. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

COOTER, MO The Cooter Police Department in Pemiscot County Monday told Region 8 News it is investigating the deaths of at least 11 animals over the last two weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GirlyGirl

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2011
This is sad! If an individual is doing this, they are truly disturbed. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do this. If it is someone doing it, I hope they found out who they are soon!
i wish

Ballwin, MO

#3 Mar 30, 2011
they would come take care of the cats in caruthersville cause the animal shelter won't do anything about it
boy

Wiggins, MS

#4 Mar 30, 2011
It is sad! Police must spend all their time investigating animal crime. We need to hire a dog and cat catcher to prosecute those responsible for the loose animals, they are to blame.
boy

Wiggins, MS

#5 Mar 30, 2011
The cop in Cooter is taking care of animal control in his town, wish Hayti had a dog catcher, maybe we could hire him.
Huh

United States

#6 Mar 30, 2011
Find homes for the animals, not kill them! What's wrong with you people????
Owned by a dog and a cat

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Mar 30, 2011
I can't believe someone is sick enough to do this. If you know who is doing this, please tell someone.
animal lover

Ridgecrest, CA

#8 Mar 30, 2011
if you know who is doing this post on here

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Mar 30, 2011
Well let me assure you that the cop in Cooter isn't only investigating animal crime. I think whoever prompted him to send out the citywide notices a month or so ago probably should be looked at. And if no one prompted then my bet is on him.
STINKCAT

Barking, UK

#10 Mar 30, 2011
i wish wrote:
they would come take care of the cats in caruthersville cause the animal shelter won't do anything about it
The local nut house should take care of U
absolutely

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Mar 30, 2011
Guest wrote:
Well let me assure you that the cop in Cooter isn't only investigating animal crime. I think whoever prompted him to send out the citywide notices a month or so ago probably should be looked at. And if no one prompted then my bet is on him.
If the people that owned the cats would take care of them, this wouldn't happen. The lease law is for the saftey of cats and dogs, not just to keep them from running loose. Their are some towns, that inorder to own a cat or a dog you have to have a license and a tag and collar and a fenced in area with a top on it, for the cats to run in and do their business. It is for the protection of the animals. It is also to keep the people that choose not to own pets from being bothered by other peoples animals. If you have ever stepped in cat pooh, or cut your grass and ran into a pile of dog pooh, you know what I mean. Take care of your animals.

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Mar 30, 2011
Guest wrote:
I thought the very same thing after I read this article.

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Mar 30, 2011
I have never understood people just letting their pets run loose. I hope they catch this person. Too bad they couldn't be force to drink anti-freeze!!!
Owned by a dog and a cat

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Mar 30, 2011
I would have no problem paying for a city license for my dog and cat. It might even generate a little money for the city to hire a part time dog catcher.
antoine dodson

United States

#15 Mar 31, 2011
I never heard adults complain about cats until this place. For real cats? Of all the wild animals in your yard every night you complain about cats. Pathetic. Grow up and get a life.
i wish

United States

#16 Mar 31, 2011
If you lived next to a house filled with cats and had to smell the horrible stinch all the time you would have a different attitude. I've reported it and NOTHING was done.
just this way

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Mar 31, 2011
boy wrote:
The cop in Cooter is taking care of animal control in his town, wish Hayti had a dog catcher, maybe we could hire him.
I see dogs and cats runnin around town every day so don't tell me that the chief is taking care of Animal control he is NOT.
Buford

Catlin, IL

#18 Mar 31, 2011
People that do not take care of their animals and let them damage and/or destroy other people's property are the dumb animals, not the cats and dogs. These will be the same people you see in the Wal-Mart with their shopping carts sideways in the isle blocking the way for others while they spend ten minutes trying to decide which brand of toliet paper to buy. They have no respect for others and are oblivious to the concerns and needs of others. They should be shot, not the cats and dogs.

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Mar 31, 2011
antoine dodson wrote:
I never heard adults complain about cats until this place. For real cats? Of all the wild animals in your yard every night you complain about cats. Pathetic. Grow up and get a life.
Antoine--"They killin our animals up in here!" Hide yo momma dog, hide yo cat...they killin everybody up in here!
lol

United States

#20 Apr 5, 2011
The last time this was going on BH was doing it. Why not put 2&2 together and look into him.
Laughing at the insanity

UK

#21 Apr 5, 2011
Pedophilia FTW

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiger bball 2 hr Tiger fan 1
Brad Clark 4 hr Truth 9
What would you like to see happen to the old Wa... 9 hr Guest 16
James White (Bubba) and Ginger Lee Duggins Jan 20 Friends 12
Bert Ellison (Jun '14) Jan 20 guest 39
Country Jan 20 Lisa 2
Deadbeats Jan 19 Guest 5

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance