6 Bucks a gallon in California....

6 Bucks a gallon in California....

Posted in the Caruthersville Forum

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 6, 2012
Southern Californians are paying the highest prices in the nation currently. And experts say that pain at the pump will last a little while longer.

One station in Calabasas is charging the highest rate in LA County — nearly $6 for a gallon.

Reporting for CBS2 and KCAL9, Amanda Burden went to the station and called it a virtual ghost town.

She said cars peeled in but peeled right out when they saw the sign for $5.79 a gallon for regular. Said one customer,“I can’t believe this!$5.79 a gallon? Oh my God!”

Said another,“Crap! I’ve never seen it so high. This is unbelievable.”

It gets worse. Super costs $5.99.

Tanya Barkhordar and her family own Low-P Gas. They had to close shop Wednesday when they ran out of fuel and couldn’t get another delivery from refineries.

Says Barkhordar,“They were telling us there was no gas in the last 48 hours. We couldn’t get gas in on Tuesday if we wanted to.”

While some stations shut down to ride out the price increases, Burkhordar said when fuel became available Thursday she took the plunge and bought up a lot of fuel at a high price.

AAA is monitoring the price increases — on average nearly 10 cents in just the past 24 hours.

At these prices, customers are inclined to fill up their tanks. Said one,“I’m going to stop filling it up because I don’t want to spend any more money right now.”
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#2 Oct 6, 2012
The excuse is because of refinery explosion shut down. Noticed you didnt mention that FACT.

Hater
justsayininmo

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2012
Even with that there is no excuse to price it that high!!!
FYI

Caruthersville, MO

#4 Oct 7, 2012
ComradeWinston wrote:
Southern Californians are paying the highest prices in the nation currently. And experts say that pain at the pump will last a little while longer.
One station in Calabasas is charging the highest rate in LA County — nearly $6 for a gallon.
Reporting for CBS2 and KCAL9, Amanda Burden went to the station and called it a virtual ghost town.
She said cars peeled in but peeled right out when they saw the sign for $5.79 a gallon for regular. Said one customer,“I can’t believe this!$5.79 a gallon? Oh my God!”
Tanya Barkhordar and her family own Low-P Gas. They had to close shop Wednesday when they ran out of fuel and couldn’t get another delivery from refineries.
Says Barkhordar,“They were telling us there was no gas in the last 48 hours. We couldn’t get gas in on Tuesday if we wanted to.”
While some stations shut down to ride out the price increases, Burkhordar said when fuel became available Thursday she took the plunge and bought up a lot of fuel at a high price.
AAA is monitoring the price increases — on average nearly 10 cents in just the past 24 hours.
At these prices, customers are inclined to fill up their tanks. Said one,“I’m going to stop filling it up because I don’t want to spend any more money right now.”
I lived in CA for years. California has a pollution law that requires a special blend of cleaner burning gasoline from April to October. Then on Aug 6 a fire at a Chevron refinery in Richmond, CA that left one of the largest refineries producing at a reduced capacity and a Chevron pipeline that moves crude oil to Northern California also was shut down. Then on Monday a power outage at a Southern California refinery that reduced supply made matters worse. Its price gouging thats all. So if your looking for something to blame Obama for look again. Theres plenty more out there than the price of gasoline.
Gene

Caruthersville, MO

#5 Oct 7, 2012
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in CA for years. California has a pollution law that requires a special blend of cleaner burning gasoline from April to October. Then on Aug 6 a fire at a Chevron refinery in Richmond, CA that left one of the largest refineries producing at a reduced capacity and a Chevron pipeline that moves crude oil to Northern California also was shut down. Then on Monday a power outage at a Southern California refinery that reduced supply made matters worse. Its price gouging thats all. So if your looking for something to blame Obama for look again. Theres plenty more out there than the price of gasoline.
No your wrong because Comrade Jesus Junior knows all and tells all. So with all due respect, before you tell the truth in here make sure you get it approved by the Communist Teabilly party representative Comrade Jesus Junior Winstead....or as I refer to him as,...CUMRAG! Thats about all hes good for. Wiping it up!

Location hidden

#6 Oct 7, 2012
Gene wrote:
<quoted text>
No your wrong because Comrade Jesus Junior knows all and tells all. So with all due respect, before you tell the truth in here make sure you get it approved by the Communist Teabilly party representative Comrade Jesus Junior Winstead....or as I refer to him as,...CUMRAG! Thats about all hes good for. Wiping it up!
Bless you my son...
1961 Alumni ROLLA MO

Rolla, MO

#7 Oct 7, 2012
Here you go again with another LIE Comarde!

Your report of $6,oo for a gallon of gas in California sounded little suspect to me - so I did a little research. The truth of the matter is:

In AAA's daily update which was Friday Oct.5 2012 -

In California, a gallon of regular unleaded gas was averaging $4.65 a gallon.(Oct 5, 2012)

However, it did say that one station in Long Beach was selling gas at $6.65 a gallon (of course everything cost more in Long Beach) and this is an isolated incident - perhaps the result of price gouging by that one gas station.(Oct 5, 2012)

The AAA report also listed gas selling for $3.49 in San Pablo CA.(Oct 5, 2012)

NOW, LET'S ROLL BACK THE CLOCK & LOOK AT AAA's 2008 GAS PRICES:

In AAA's daily update which was on JUNE 8, 2008 -

The average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gas is $4.00 or more in 14 states & the district of Columbia.(June 8, 2008)

California pays the most for gas - averaging $4.43 a gallon.(June 8, 2008)

With Alaska & Conneticut both at $4.29 a gallon.(June 8, 2008)

Other states above $4.00 per gallon are: Hawaii, ILL, Mass, Michigan, Nevada, New York, & West Virginia.(June 8, 2008)

Missouri had the lowest average price at $3.80 per gallon - followed by South Carolina at $3.80 per gallon.(June 8, 2008)

Gas prices have risen more than 10% from $3.68 a gallon a month ago and are nearly 29% higher than the $3.10 average a year ago.(June 8, 2008)

Comrade, you keep reminding us that Bush left office gas prices were averaging under $2.00 per gallon.

That is true. But, the only reason GAS PRICES DROPPED SO LOW - WAS THAT OUR ECONOMY TOOK A NOSE-DIVE WHEN BUSH LEFT OFFICE - AND GAS PRICES DIVED RIGHT ALONG WITH IT...

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Oct 7, 2012
Just wait until Romney and cronies invade Iran. You will think $8.00 is cheap.
But on the upside. It will make his puppet masters, AKA the Koch brothers millions in extra profits.
Doug E

Caruthersville, MO

#9 Oct 8, 2012
ComradeWinston wrote:
Pity to see a grown man? Act so immature that they grasp any subject and twist and spin it to use against those who the hate so dearly with a passion. yet call themselves Christian?

Tell me, how do you stand the heat on that pew when you go to church and put on your holy face with all the lies deceit and trash you put in Topix? Dont tell me God tells you to do this. Dont blasphemy the Lords name anymore than you've already done so far in Topix.

Location hidden

#10 Oct 8, 2012
Doug E wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity to see a grown man? Act so immature that they grasp any subject and twist and spin it to use against those who the hate so dearly with a passion. yet call themselves Christian?
Tell me, how do you stand the heat on that pew when you go to church and put on your holy face with all the lies deceit and trash you put in Topix? Dont tell me God tells you to do this. Dont blasphemy the Lords name anymore than you've already done so far in Topix.
Bless you too, my son...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr kulpeska 3 hr guest 33
Richie/Teresa 3 hr Blind 45
Drop a word add a word 4 hr Monkey Toes 37
Please help Sat Monkey Toes 6
Anyone seen William Edwards from class of 1988? (Aug '08) Sat Kelsie Edwards 36
Heather prise Sat guest 41
Henry Holt Passes Way (Dec '08) Fri Lisa 31

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance