horrible road conditions
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dosomething

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Dec 6, 2013
What is up over there in MO? I have friends and fam who have to drive to work over there and theyre all saying the roads are horrible! Even the freaking interstate? The TN side is fine to drive on but as soon as you cross into MO, they are horrible! Whats up with this? Are there no salt trucks over there? No ppl to help clear the freaking roads off or are they just to damn lazy to do anything??? Get on your shit mayor or city ppl, whoever can actually call some shots over there, and get on the job!!! Get the freaking roads cleaned up at least a little bit, hell! What are yall thinking anyway? Do yall just not give a damn since yall dont have to get out and drive in it or what? Yall arent worth a damn in my book! Just sayin...
Really

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 6, 2013
dosomething wrote:
What is up over there in MO? I have friends and fam who have to drive to work over there and theyre all saying the roads are horrible! Even the freaking interstate? The TN side is fine to drive on but as soon as you cross into MO, they are horrible! Whats up with this? Are there no salt trucks over there? No ppl to help clear the freaking roads off or are they just to damn lazy to do anything??? Get on your shit mayor or city ppl, whoever can actually call some shots over there, and get on the job!!! Get the freaking roads cleaned up at least a little bit, hell! What are yall thinking anyway? Do yall just not give a damn since yall dont have to get out and drive in it or what? Yall arent worth a damn in my book! Just sayin...
The main roads in town WERE salted. I don't think the city of Caruthersville has any control over MODot either...
In Other News

Caruthersville, MO

#3 Dec 6, 2013
dosomething wrote:
Maybe get a job in your own state and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2013
dosomething wrote:
are you freaking kidding me? We have had ice and snow and there are not enough trucks to clear all of the roadways. I heard that the Tennessee roads were just as bad, so stop bad mouthing MO. Get a job in TN if you don't like how we take care of things. JUST SAYIN!!!
Citizen

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Dec 7, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>The main roads in town WERE salted. I don't think the city of Caruthersville has any control over MODot either...
I've always wondered for years why our city can't buy a surplus MODot truck to plow snow and apply the salt solution. We waste lots of
money on everything else.... Certainly we wouldn't need it every year
but we don't need the tornado sirens every year either, but I like
the security of having them. Aren't clear streets a public safety issue?
DAYZ OFF

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Dec 7, 2013
Mayor Morgan has promised the day after Christmas off for city employees. Employees got the day after Thanksgiving off...for the 1st time ever. This sets a bad precedent. WHAT IS THE COST? IT'S NOT FREE! We effectively add another day of pay at 50% more for EVERY full-time essential personnel (policemen & firemen). If you think it's only the guys scheduled to work that new holiday that we have to pay...you're wrong. The guys not scheduled to work get another day off of which we must pay overtime for those guys.

Please council have the clerk calculate the actually cost for each extra holiday. Overtime, social security, retirement, employment tax, etc.
YOU WILL BE AMAZED!
Hohum

Dexter, MO

#7 Dec 7, 2013
Give it a break the city employees are paid pennies on the dollar around here really !
You complain about a day off ! Give them pay raises !

United States

#8 Dec 7, 2013
DAYZ OFF wrote:
Mayor Morgan has promised the day after Christmas off for city employees. Employees got the day after Thanksgiving off...for the 1st time ever. This sets a bad precedent. WHAT IS THE COST? IT'S NOT FREE! We effectively add another day of pay at 50% more for EVERY full-time essential personnel (policemen & firemen). If you think it's only the guys scheduled to work that new holiday that we have to pay...you're wrong. The guys not scheduled to work get another day off of which we must pay overtime for those guys.
Please council have the clerk calculate the actually cost for each extra holiday. Overtime, social security, retirement, employment tax, etc.
YOU WILL BE AMAZED!
Are you kidding me? You are bitching because they get two days off at Christmas? Wow they have to work Christmas Eve, and you don't think they deserve to be with their family. How many days off do you get?? Just curious.
curious

Sikeston, MO

#9 Dec 7, 2013
What does days off have 2 do with the road conditions? If the people of pemiscot county weren't so ignorant we may be able 2 get something done but they can't even stay focused on the subject presented 2 them. I have been wondering where the damn county & state trucks are myself. Haven't seen not one. They used 2 be out all the time cleaning the roads. Who can I call about this?
Hohum

Dexter, MO

#10 Dec 7, 2013
If you have read it is very dangerous ! Stay off the roads . There have been major cut back with the MoDot complain with your State Rep or for the county workers complain to our county commissioners. Hello
But if it's not necessary to get out stay home ! Don't risk your life or those of others just for the sake to get out . There will be other days to shop!
cvillian

Sikeston, MO

#11 Dec 7, 2013
Blame the government. How dare they not provide shuttle service for us also. Better yet, deliver milk and bread to our doorstep.
DAYZ OFF

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Dec 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? You are bitching because they get two days off at Christmas? Wow they have to work Christmas Eve, and you don't think they deserve to be with their family. How many days off do you get?? Just curious.
At what cost? Diane never did give extra days off. What would you say is reasonable amount? Maybe we could afford a used plow truck.

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Dec 7, 2013
Hohum wrote:
If you have read it is very dangerous ! Stay off the roads . There have been major cut back with the MoDot complain with your State Rep or for the county workers complain to our county commissioners. Hello
But if it's not necessary to get out stay home ! Don't risk your life or those of others just for the sake to get out . There will be other days to shop!
That would be better to stay off the roads, but sometimes you need to
Why can't we clean the streets? We have a street dept.

Farmington, MO

#14 Dec 7, 2013
DAYZ OFF wrote:
YOU WILL BE AMAZED!
He is not mayor. He is mayor pro tem. That's why we don't have a mayor. He does want to be mayor and if he stays where he is and runs, the city will elect him and the city will stay exactly where it is now and continue to die.
wow

Farmington, MO

#15 Dec 8, 2013
actually he is President of the Board, there is no mayor pro tem, or mayor pro tem pro tem. soon be sign up time and can't wait until April
Buford

Malden, MO

#16 Dec 8, 2013
How many snow plows did Diane buy for the city?
Mee me

Caruthersville, MO

#17 Dec 8, 2013
DAYZ OFF wrote:
YOU WILL BE AMAZED!
U r an idiot. City employees worked on their Veterans holiday so they could take it the day after Thanksgiving. The city offices will be open the day after Christmas. And just so u know Mayor Morgan does not make all the decisions for the city. The council has to approve everything too. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it&#128539;

Farmington, MO

#18 Dec 8, 2013
wow wrote:
actually he is President of the Board, there is no mayor pro tem, or mayor pro tem pro tem. soon be sign up time and can't wait until April
This is what it says from the minutes of the council meeting. Might have changed, I don't know, but I guess in your position you would.
Frank Morgan Mayor Pro Tem
junior

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Dec 8, 2013
You peoples are ignorant. Clean the got damn roads.

New Madrid, MO

#20 Dec 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be better to stay off the roads, but sometimes you need to
Why can't we clean the streets? We have a street dept.
They worked on them friday morning? felt sorry for the man in the bed of the black truck he was cold. Can only do what they can with the items they are given. I thank them for trying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Twisters Cafe 21 min Go Caruthersville 16
Altice 2 hr Wowww 1
Brad Clark 2 hr mememe 1
Rhonda 3 hr Mad as Hell 3
Recordings of Mayor 5 hr Bad Billy Walton 88
Tracy Lee 7 hr What to know 1
chrissy (Apr '15) 13 hr guest 14

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance