What are they doing at the River?

What are they doing at the River?

Posted in the Caruthersville Forum

curious

Farmington, MO

#1 Jul 5, 2014
What are they doing at the sea wall and to the steps behind the sea wall in Caruthersville? I don't listen to the local news and haven't seen anything in the paper. Just wondering.

Prairie Village, KS

#2 Jul 5, 2014
Was on the front page a while back with plans and everything. Said they are doing renovations. Putting in pavilion and picnic tables and moving flag pole. I think bigger parking lot too.

Farmington, MO

#3 Jul 5, 2014
They are putting more of our tax money in the bank property.
curious

Farmington, MO

#4 Jul 5, 2014
Don't buy the paper or the beacon every week, sometimes I miss things!

Thanks!:)
Well well

Farmington, MO

#5 Jul 6, 2014
The city doesnt own the park, they deeded it to Fitst State Bank and trust a long time ago, you have to have their permission to use it

Caruthersville, MO

#6 Jul 6, 2014
Well well wrote:
The city doesnt own the park, they deeded it to Fitst State Bank and trust a long time ago, you have to have their permission to use it
The City did not deed the park to the bank. Mr. Michie is over the park board and has worked many hours with the Corps of Engineers on upgrading this park. They are removing the flag pole and steps. They are expanding the walking track. I'm not sure about parking. This stage of the project was approved by the Corps for 250 thou. This will be a great improvement to this park.

Farmington, MO

#7 Jul 6, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The City did not deed the park to the bank. Mr. Michie is over the park board and has worked many hours with the Corps of Engineers on upgrading this park. They are removing the flag pole and steps. They are expanding the walking track. I'm not sure about parking. This stage of the project was approved by the Corps for 250 thou. This will be a great improvement to this park.
It has been said before that the bank DOES own the park, NOT the City. So which is it?? I can see them doing the work IF it belongs to the city, but NOT if it belongs to the bank.
Well well

Farmington, MO

#8 Jul 7, 2014
Well when I wanted to use the park, I HAD to get permission from bank. Then Mayor Sayre said the city had nothing to do with it! I saw that lady related to grizzly jig guy.....diane did it in secret

Farmington, MO

#9 Jul 8, 2014
So who does own it???? Anyone know the answer
Well well

Farmington, MO

#10 Jul 9, 2014
I am telling you, managed by Corps of engineers, owned by First State Bank. If you want to have an event you have to have it approved by bank, I couldn't have my family reunion there
Kid

Jackson, MO

#11 May 11, 2015
Are they ever going to finish the job? It seems that all they did was ruin a perfectly fine park.
joker

Dexter, MO

#12 May 11, 2015
I have to agree with you . They started something now they need to finish that eye sore ! It's awful! I would be ashamed !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thief 3 hr Disgrace 25
6 foot Tranny 4 hr Disgrace 25
Carla Kinnison 5 hr Guest 2
Dumpster Diver Chick 11 hr Love - able 5
mary Watson Pritchett Thu MaryHater 24
who is billy carleton (Nov '09) Thu Guest 6
Legalizing atv's/utv/side by sides in the count... (Apr '12) Jun 28 guest 24

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance