Obamacare saves goverment
well

Amherst, OH

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Lower than projected premiums under the Affordable Care Act will save the federal government $190 billion over 10 years and increase the law’s deficit reduction by 174 percent to almost $300 billion, a new analysis from the Center for American Progress has found. The report, from Topher Spiro and Jonathan Gruber, bolsters President Obama’s claims on Monday that despite the ongoing technical problems surrounding HealthCare.gov ,“the product of the Affordable Care Act for people without health insurance is quality health insurance that’s affordable.”

In fact, the emergence of new insurers and increased competition within the law’s marketplaces has lowered premiums below Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projections from March of 2012. While the nonpartisan office estimated that the average second-lowest-cost individual silver plan premiums would cost $4,700 in 2014, the actual average premium turned out to be $3,936 or “16 percent lower than projected.” The savings are significant because the law pegs its tax credits to the cost of the second-lowest silver plan.“If premiums for that plan are lower, then the cost of tax credits will also be lower.”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 23, 2013
I'm bumping you back up front

Just cause I can. hehehhaha
AlvinTostig

San Jose, CA

#3 Nov 27, 2013
A month ago, we just THOUGHT you two were idiots.

Now we KNOW you're idiots.

hehehhaha
and with that said

Kabul, Afghanistan

#4 Nov 28, 2013
well wrote:
Lower than projected premiums under the Affordable Care Act will save the federal government $190 billion over 10 years and increase the law’s deficit reduction by 174 percent to almost $300 billion, a new analysis from the Center for American Progress has found. The report, from Topher Spiro and Jonathan Gruber, bolsters President Obama’s claims on Monday that despite the ongoing technical problems surrounding HealthCare.gov ,“the product of the Affordable Care Act for people without health insurance is quality health insurance that’s affordable.”
In fact, the emergence of new insurers and increased competition within the law’s marketplaces has lowered premiums below Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projections from March of 2012. While the nonpartisan office estimated that the average second-lowest-cost individual silver plan premiums would cost $4,700 in 2014, the actual average premium turned out to be $3,936 or “16 percent lower than projected.” The savings are significant because the law pegs its tax credits to the cost of the second-lowest silver plan.“If premiums for that plan are lower, then the cost of tax credits will also be lower.”
Ok. So this is coming from the same Jonathan Gruber who said that he wants America to know that the mess that is Obamacare, which he built, is not his fault.
voter

Caruthersville, MO

#5 Dec 1, 2013
Who cares?
and with that said

Kabul, Afghanistan

#6 Dec 5, 2013
voter wrote:
Who cares?
Who cares? Well for one you should. This is going to effect you directly, if not now, in the very near future.
Tsalagi Awanita

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Dec 6, 2013
Well my insurance company is dropping us because of the new law....I paid $1487.00 a year for my insurance now it is going to cost $3936.... so to have the same thing I had I am paying almost 3 times the amount....oh let me guess I am buying my insurance plus two bums that won't get off their ass and work to buy their own.....let the government give to them....oh the government is giving it to us all.....as the old saying is God helps those who help themselves and the government helps those that don't
and with that said

Kabul, Afghanistan

#8 Jan 13, 2014
Tsalagi Awanita wrote:
Well my insurance company is dropping us because of the new law....I paid $1487.00 a year for my insurance now it is going to cost $3936.... so to have the same thing I had I am paying almost 3 times the amount....oh let me guess I am buying my insurance plus two bums that won't get off their ass and work to buy their own.....let the government give to them....oh the government is giving it to us all.....as the old saying is God helps those who help themselves and the government helps those that don't
This is one example of many as to why the ACA is a complete disaster. And this is only one of millions. But yet according to the statists (aka Dems) this healthcare law benefits us all. Tell that to Tsalagi Awanita.

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 30, 2014
As the deadline for 2014 enrollment nears, Obamacare is increasingly growing unpopular, especially among the uninsured. A new Kaiser Family Foundation survey finds that about twice as many uninsured people have an unfavorable view of the health-care law than have a favorable one.

Among the uninsured, 47 percent view Obamacare in a negative light versus the 24 percent who view it favorably. That’s a change from 43 percent who viewed it unfavorably last month, and 36 percent who viewed it favorably. Overall, half of Americans view Obamacare unfavorably, while just over one-third have a positive take on the law. ​

More of the uninsured also said Obamacare made them worse off (39 percent) than improved their situation (26 percent), according to the poll.
idiot watcher

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Jan 30, 2014
ComradeWinston wrote:
As the deadline for 2014 enrollment nears, Obamacare is increasingly growing unpopular, especially among the uninsured. A new Kaiser Family Foundation survey finds that about twice as many uninsured people have an unfavorable view of the health-care law than have a favorable one.
Among the uninsured, 47 percent view Obamacare in a negative light versus the 24 percent who view it favorably. That’s a change from 43 percent who viewed it unfavorably last month, and 36 percent who viewed it favorably. Overall, half of Americans view Obamacare unfavorably, while just over one-third have a positive take on the law. ​
More of the uninsured also said Obamacare made them worse off (39 percent) than improved their situation (26 percent), according to the poll.
The only truly happy people are the six million people that were added to Medicaid. SIX MILLION!!!!!!
GENE THE GREAT

Caruthersville, MO

#11 Jan 30, 2014
Poor ol Comrade. He cant post a single post without using someone elses words. Always copied and paste comments and when he does post something on his own its usually cursing at someone. What happened to all those great scripture quotes Comrade? What happened to that squeaky clean holier than thou image you first came in Topix with?

MR I WALK ON WATER!!!!

Then we have "idiot watcher"..living in Dyersburg, thats a full time job

Looking forward to follow up post from one of Comrades clones he claims he knows none of like guest, Squid Billy Gene, Alvin Tostig, The Walrus,...free wifi help dont it Doug?

Steele, MO

#12 Jan 31, 2014
That is funny, I remember when you went through your copy and paste period after someone showed you how to do it. Once you learned how you started copying and pasted everything.
LMAO

Florissant, MO

#13 Jan 31, 2014
well wrote:
Here. Read something other than democrat propaganda.

https://www.google.com/search...
tiger high

Rayville, LA

#14 Feb 1, 2014
GENE THE GREAT wrote:
Poor ol Comrade. He cant post a single post without using someone elses words. Always copied and paste comments and when he does post something on his own its usually cursing at someone. What happened to all those great scripture quotes Comrade? What happened to that squeaky clean holier than thou image you first came in Topix with?
MR I WALK ON WATER!!!!
Looking forward to follow up post from one of Comrades clones he claims he knows none of like guest, Squid Billy Gene, Alvin Tostig, The Walrus,...free wifi help dont it Doug?
now, you are "the great" - your greatness comes in 50 lb bags which i use in my rose garden

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 1, 2014
How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky--

1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people

2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.

5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)

6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.

7) Religion – Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools

8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
well

Amherst, OH

#16 Feb 1, 2014
WRONG AGAIN CW

Saul Alinsky NEVER WROTE How to create a social state

The above-quoted list of steps for "How to create a social state," circulated in January 2014, is another example of a political linking of the names of Saul Alinsky and Barack Obama.

It's not something taken from the actual writings of Saul Alinsky, though, and to those familiar with his background it doesn't even sound like something he would have written (e.g., the line about "controlling health care" is anachronistic for his era, and the idea of "increasing the poverty level as high as possible" is the very antithesis of what Alinsky worked to achieve).

This piece is simply a modern day bull sh!t the right wing feed to their followers who will eat all they are given without questions. They just open up and swallow.

CW, shut your mouth and open your eyes.
idiot watcher

Dyersburg, TN

#17 Feb 1, 2014
GENE THE GREAT wrote:
MR I WALK ON WATER!!!!
I was going to invite you over to see what living in a real town is like, but I've just found out that
we don't have a sheltered workshop and we have enough people sponging off the government,
so stay in the boot hell and enjoy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious 9 hr smartass 2
Wheretheygo Thu Mister Magoo 16
PaPa John’s Thu Really 10
Mayoral candidates (Jan '15) Thu Really 129
City Elections Thu Really 43
Franklin Eugene Travis Thu Really 14
Churchill Thu Really 16

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance