cville native

United States

#42 May 3, 2007
Steve was not her brother. He was John's brother who was married to Lisa.
Is it

Monroeville, AL

#43 May 3, 2007
dog lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have the right Billy. He was brother to Karen Malin, Lisa Swofford, Donald Johnson. I know there are more siblings but not sure of their names.
My word, I'm sorry to hear that. What happened to Billy. Yes I remember Karen, Lisa and Donald and their mom and dad Bill and Wanda. Is Mr. and Mrs. Johnson still living?
Is it

Monroeville, AL

#44 May 3, 2007
cville native wrote:
Steve was not her brother. He was John's brother who was married to Lisa.
Your are correct.
BillysSister

Caruthersville, MO

#45 May 3, 2007
Yes, you are right! It was the brother to Karen Malin. It never seems right to bury someone younger than you in your family. We lost Lisa's husband John, I think in 2001 or 2002, then my nephew Tony Moore in 2005 and then Billy in 2006. Tony's death and Billy's were only about 10 months agart. Those three were always together in the years before John died. Now all three are gone. Maybe someday I'll understand why. For right now I just do the best I can to live with the situation. In cases like this you never understand you just have to do what is best for the ones that are left behind. And sometimes its hard to even know what that is. I loved my brother dearly. More than he ever knew I'm sure. And I will continue to miss him and continue to love him just the same. He was my baby brother and will always be my baby brother. What can I say? Only God himself knows how I love my family. Although sometimes they think just the opposite. You may not always agree with everything that someone does but it does not stop the love for a brother or sister. The old song "He ain't heavy he's my brother." It's so true. A person will go the distance if need be for a loved one. Even if it causes pain or hurt feelings in the end. Nothing can stop the love that family members such as siblings have for one another. And sometimes it takes a tragedy to bring it all back into perspective. Maybe if the world took the time to show that love there would be less time to learn to hate. What happened to the good times that families spent together? It seems that time is always spent on trying to accomplish more in the worldly realm instead of trying to keep families together and growing strong in the morals that mean somthing. Today it's all about how much time can I get away from my family and do the things that ususally end up getting one in trouble. When the structure of the family becomes destroyed so will the teachings and wisdom that family ties bring also be lost. And by the time you realize that somewhere you made a wrong decision. It's too late to fix the problem. Oh, well, I've said enough. God Bless you!
BillysSister

Caruthersville, MO

#46 May 3, 2007
Bill Johnson, my dad is deceased. He died in 1987. Wanda Johnson is still pressing on. She will be 82 years young in September. Dorothy Banzhaf, my oldest sister, lives in Iowa. Betty Moore, 2nd in line, Tony's mom, lives out in the country here in town. Frances Heathcock Shelton,#3, lives in Finger, TN where her childred reside. Donald Johnson,#4 still lives with mom. But could be found in a deer stand in TN when the hunting season is in. David Johnson,#5, lives in Yorkville, TN. Karen Malin,#6, lives here in C'ville and works for Jim DeReign. Billy was #7. And of course,Lisa Swofford,#8, the baby of the family is now Lisa Walker. She has remarried in 2004, and is now living with her husband Rance Walker (yes, Rance Walker) and they both live in the house with mom. We had quite a large family. The grandchildren and great grandchildren are around 60 persons in all I think. We even have a set of twins in the family. I would say we were a blessed bunch of folks. God Bless!
Is it

Monroeville, AL

#47 May 3, 2007
I'm sorry that I didn't remember Mr. Bill passing away. I didn't leave Cville until 1992. Therefore Bill passed away before I left. Now that I think about it, Bill and Mr. Harrison both passed away before I left Cville. I'm still in shock from reading the post stating that Tony passed away too. My parents (both deceased now) were friends with Bill and Wanda. I worked with Wanda, Karen, Frances, Donald, Betty and Tony at the shoe factory. I went to school with Lisa & Johnny. Steve (Johnny's bro.) and I were in the same grade together. For some reason I can't place David's or Dorothy's face. Didn't Johnny work at the factory too? Bless Ms. Wanda's heart...I didn't realize her age. I did the same job as Wanda and Frances (tuff stay) at the factory. That was the first "real" job I had. I sat directly across the table from Wanda..she is the one that trained me on the tuff stay job. Lord have mercy, that cement was awful! Ms. Wanda still live in the big house down from the factory?
Is it

Monroeville, AL

#48 May 3, 2007
Cant Tell wrote:
"Booger Red" Michael Middleton
I'm trying to place "Booger Red."
Gene

Saint Louis, MO

#49 May 3, 2007
Tim Teal drowned while trying to save his wife who also drowned ,at the boat club about 15 or so years ago, also Donny Viar, Perry Malone and awhile later his wife Terri died, Alvin Utley & Bob (chicken) Littles, Brian Mathenia, Mike Ward, Terri Dale, too many young lives lost they are missed
Handsome Jimmy

United States

#50 May 3, 2007
BillysSister wrote:
My little brother, Billy Johnson, died May 1, 2006. It has been the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. To see my baby brother for the last time was a cut to the heart. I still hurt to this day and somehow nothing seems to make it any better. They same times heals a broken heart and the hurt will go away. I even used to say that to others myself. But, now, as I go to visit his grave the hurt is still very real. And my heart longs to see my baby brother and hear his laugh. It's not something I will forget very easily. I would like to say that I very much felt the pain when others were lost after him. The young ones that I did not even know caused me to feel the pain of Billy's death all over again. The only consolation I have is that I know that Jesus sees every tear that I cry and he knows how my heart aches for the loss of my brother. Through the strength that only Jesus can give I know I will somehow be able to stand the pain and remember the good things about our family times that we shared. I hope that some of you would allow the Lord to be your comfort too. If it wasn't for Him I don't know what I would do. May God Bless every family and friend who is suffering over a lost loved one and I pray that God will somehow comfort your aching heart.
God Bless.
I was sorry to hear about Billy he was like a brother to me, I know he had a good heart and was a fun person to be around. We had a lot of fun as kids and even more as we got older, I miss all those guys who use to come over to the house for my BarBQ'S Billy and Bert, John and Lisa, Tony, Cecil Wayne and Cathy, Dennis Lewis, and James Herren, They were all good friends also I'D like to mention Randy (Reddy) Wimberly and Mrs,Red JC herren and Clarence Woods. But the one person I miss more than anyone is my bro Mickey Jean (God Rest Their Souls)
Just the way it is

Monroeville, AL

#51 May 4, 2007
Handsome Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>I was sorry to hear about Billy he was like a brother to me, I know he had a good heart and was a fun person to be around. We had a lot of fun as kids and even more as we got older, I miss all those guys who use to come over to the house for my BarBQ'S Billy and Bert, John and Lisa, Tony, Cecil Wayne and Cathy, Dennis Lewis, and James Herren, They were all good friends also I'D like to mention Randy (Reddy) Wimberly and Mrs,Red JC herren and Clarence Woods. But the one person I miss more than anyone is my bro Mickey Jean (God Rest Their Souls)
Seems like I remember Sheila (JC's ex) telling me about James. Is Cecil Wayne and Dennis gone too? Big Calvin passed away didn't he? And Heavy Duty too?
Is it

Monroeville, AL

#52 May 4, 2007
Seems like I remember Sheila (JC's ex) telling me about James. Is Cecil Wayne and Dennis gone too? Big Calvin passed away didn't he? And Heavy Duty too?

“Cvillian”

Since: Apr 07

Caruthersville

#53 May 4, 2007
Randy Wimberely & Mrs. Red are my parents! Dads good he works for the city driving the dump truck right up his alley, ya'll know how he likes old junk(smile)he is with cindy conway (south). Moma (debbie) moved to tn. when they got devoriced when i was 13. My brothers is over there with her. She is doing real good. But i look back and never thought they would split up they were a cute couple. sorry about getting steve swofford confused, i was young when i heard of him. again sorry.
tony

Saint Louis, MO

#54 May 4, 2007
Handsome Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>I was sorry to hear about Billy he was like a brother to me, I know he had a good heart and was a fun person to be around. We had a lot of fun as kids and even more as we got older, I miss all those guys who use to come over to the house for my BarBQ'S Billy and Bert, John and Lisa, Tony, Cecil Wayne and Cathy, Dennis Lewis, and James Herren, They were all good friends also I'D like to mention Randy (Reddy) Wimberly and Mrs,Red JC herren and Clarence Woods. But the one person I miss more than anyone is my bro Mickey Jean (God Rest Their Souls)
Randy Wimberly,clarence woods, cecil wayne, dennis lewis bert,lisa, james are still alive today i see them all the time...or did you mean to say they were folks you remember period .....?
Is it

United States

#55 May 4, 2007
tony wrote:
<quoted text>Randy Wimberly,clarence woods, cecil wayne, dennis lewis bert,lisa, james are still alive today i see them all the time...or did you mean to say they were folks you remember period .....?
Thanks for the clarification.
Paula

Bragg City, MO

#56 May 4, 2007
My brother, Little Joe Tate II is dearly missed.

United States

#57 May 4, 2007
so sorry about your brother
Handsome Jimmy

United States

#58 May 4, 2007
snowbunnie wrote:
Randy Wimberely & Mrs. Red are my parents! Dads good he works for the city driving the dump truck right up his alley, ya'll know how he likes old junk(smile)he is with cindy conway (south). Moma (debbie) moved to tn. when they got devoriced when i was 13. My brothers is over there with her. She is doing real good. But i look back and never thought they would split up they were a cute couple. sorry about getting steve swofford confused, i was young when i heard of him. again sorry.
Iremember when you were little, sorry about your mom and dad they were a cute couple, if you see them tell them Jimmy Jean says hello.
Handsome Jimmy

United States

#59 May 4, 2007
tony wrote:
<quoted text>Randy Wimberly,clarence woods, cecil wayne, dennis lewis bert,lisa, james are still alive today i see them all the time...or did you mean to say they were folks you remember period .....?
No I meant to say that about the ones that have passed, Tony what is your last name.
Tony

Saint Louis, MO

#61 May 5, 2007
Handsome Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>No I meant to say that about the ones that have passed, Tony what is your last name.
damn GOOCH i aint telling ya who i am, gonna let ya take a guess at that, we sure did have some damn good times though, late 70's early 80's used to come to your house often and hang out
BillysSister

Caruthersville, MO

#62 May 6, 2007
Jimmy Jean, It's been a long time since I've seen you. Remember when your dad used to drive all us kids to school? Debbie was going with Billy Hollis. Sometimes I got to ride with them. And your brother Johnny! WOW! I wont' ever forget how good looking that man was. It's a shame I wasn't a little older back then. HA! Your mom made the best biscuits I have ever eaten. As a matter of fact I don't ever remember anything she cooked that wasn't good. I'm trying to figure out who Tony is. I know I am older than you but it seems I should remember. I see your sister's from time to time.(Debbie and Teresa) And I do think alot about Mick. Especially when Tuffy has to work on my car. Ha! He is so much like his dad. I remember the day he had his wreck. My brother Billy was so upset. You know billy was there holding Tony when he died. I wish I would have been there to stop Billy from pulling that trigger on himself. I think when Tony died, and John had already been dead for a few years that it just done something to him. He just couldn't bare the thought of it. The neighborhood is not the same anymore. It seems that the drugs and drinking have just gotten out of hand in this town. Back in the day (70's & 80's) people got high to have fun. Now everyone is packing a gun, getting crazy on meth or crack and completely loosing it. I'm glad I got out of all that. I won't tell you that I didn't have fun because I did. But, I will tell you that I am so glad I changed for the better when I started going to church and left that life behind. I lay down at night and rest. I pray for my friends from back in the day all the time. Even though the heartaches come I have someone to lean on in Jesus. This world can be a lonely place. Now that I have come to know the Lord I don't have to be alone. I still have hard days or bads things to happen but at least I know for sure I have someone who cares. I hope you're doing good Jimmy. I'm also glad to know that you are still alive. Maybe next time you come down you can stop and visit and see mom. I know she would be thrilled to see Jimmy Jean. Sometimes I laugh at how many times she used to get our butts about getting in the ditch. Remember that? Somehow we just kept right on gettin in it anyway. HA! And I'm sure she knew that too! I miss all the good times. Sometimes I wish we could go back and do it again. Some things I would change but others I would leave them just the way they are. Have a Great Day, Later!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cricket Wireless 9 hr guest 5
best friend 9 hr Understanding 3
Why does Caruthersville Sonic suck? (Dec '14) 18 hr Guest 21
Worst President Ever!! Sun Really 115
farah Sun guest 8
kenneth flanagan Sun Jason 4
Jamie schoolcraft Sun Blinky 1

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance