Pemiscot Counties 2 New Tax Praposal ...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Voter2

Saint Louis, MO

#82 Feb 22, 2014
I VOTE yes on raising taxes for the hospital. Eveyone may not like going the PMHS, but if you are having a heart attack, wouldn't you rather go some place close, get stabilized then get shipped out to a bigger hospital. If you or your child received serious burn, where do you go? To PMHS for immediate help ????

Caruthersville, MO

#83 Feb 22, 2014
Why would you go to PMHS for a heart attack when they can't even draw labs half the time to see if you had a heart attack. With their outdated equipment, are their labs, xrays, and other tests even accurate? I was there once when they had to send the labs to Kennett Hospital. Why not just go to Kennett? As far as burns, its not going to hurt to go to Kennett hospital either. Call the ambulance and get immediate care while they are transporting. Vote no to taxes for the hospital. They can't manage their own business.
Idiot Watcher

Humboldt, TN

#84 Feb 22, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
How much longer are you going to cry on here? So when they shut the hospital down, and you need 911 on your cell phone to know where you are in a emergency, and they dont know where you are......next time you complain we have no hospital or county sheriff's dept, the reason that would be ....are idiots like you
Whats with you inbreds in Steele? All I ever read in Topix from ALL of you people is childish immature rants and raves and none of you EVER look into the subject matter before you post your backwards hick replies. You just let your fingers run off on the keyboard because its going to cause your property tax 1.5 cents on the dollar.
Its a small amount to pay for better services for ALL of the county not just law enforcement and the hospital alone. When they close the hospital, and 100's of jobs are lost..we can thank inbred idiots like you.
Not a lot of taxes on public housing , and EDB cards is there?

Caruthersville, MO

#85 Feb 23, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
When you look at the work force at the hospital, most of the people who work there do not even live in Pemiscot County. So a tax raise is going to keep people in a job that do not live here, work here, or buy goods here and quite frankly could care less about the people of Pemiscot County. This is the same administrator and group of managers that ran the hospital in the ground giving the people of Pemiscot County poor care these past years and are still there doing the same thing. The hospital should stand alone as a business. I understand that we service a large majority of Medicaid and Medicare patients, however, if the services were done correctly then Medicaid and Medicare would pay the hospital for those services. If the hospital gave good care in the first place, then more people who had other insurance would feel comfortable going there for healthcare. Lying in the ER for 8 or 12 hours for something is ridiculous. Not paying their bills so that the workers have supplies they need to run lab tests or cover an injury with a dressing is ridiculous. Having an MRI machine from the dark ages and other outdated equipment to run tests on us is ridiculous and a direct result of poor management. Yet you can bet that Administrator got paid on time each and every pay period. You can also bet his friends all got paid on time too. Yet they continue to give poor care. I doubt if the "new" board will do anything to correct the situation or even if they can. They are receiving their information from the same people who have mismanaged the hospital these past years and gave information to the previous board, so it is doubtful if things will change. No, I am definitely not for throwing good money after bad or using my taxes to support workers from outside Pemiscot County who do nothing to contribute to bettering our way of life. If I spend money, I expect to get something for it. So no to new taxes for the hospital until a change in administration has taken place and we actually have a chance at saving it.
Very well said!

Caruthersville, MO

#86 Feb 23, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> tenn has a real estate tax on there land, have no personal property tax on there cars, boats 4wheelers like we pay here. cut my 1200 I pay a yr out I vote on there new tax.
well move your ass over to toothelessville then
hayti

Saint Louis, MO

#87 Feb 23, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
I vote YES! Everyone needs to understand the importance of this tax. I don't like to pay any higher taxes but it's a NEED for Pemiscot County. Go to the meetings and hear for yourself the importance off this tax or talk to someone that knows exactly THE WHOLE TRUTH AND EVERYTHING THIS TAX IS FOR. And spend your money locally rather than giving to other states & counties so Pemiscot County can come up!
if there was something here maybe we wouldn't have to go else where . I don't purchase nothing in this county. Everything cost to much I save money by going to Dyersburg. I will vote no. The county can not make their mind up how much the taxes will be. So far 1 .25 then 1.5 now its 1 3/4 . so what is it.

Farmington, MO

#88 Feb 23, 2014
hayti wrote:
<quoted text>if there was something here maybe we wouldn't have to go else where . I don't purchase nothing in this county. Everything cost to much I save money by going to Dyersburg. I will vote no. The county can not make their mind up how much the taxes will be. So far 1 .25 then 1.5 now its 1 3/4 . so what is it.
Did you ever think that is why there is nothing here??? Everyone goes out of town to buy anything, even if it is available here. You could just move over there ya know...that way you could save your gas money.

Farmington, MO

#89 Feb 26, 2014
Where are all the people going to go when the hospital closes its doors and no place else will take them because they have no insurance of any kind? Where are they going to see a doctor for the little payment they make to the clinic now? I can answer that... No where. No one else will see them! Every other facility is privately owned, so they don't have to see people with no insurance. You may not like this hospital. You may go to Memphis or Cape to see your specialty doctors and use their facilities. There are people in this county that don't have that luxury. Say what you want, but this hospital has taken good care of a lot of people over the years. I hope it's around to take care of a lot more.
WTF dude

Fulton, MO

#90 Feb 26, 2014
Guest wrote:
Where are all the people going to go when the hospital closes its doors and no place else will take them because they have no insurance of any kind? Where are they going to see a doctor for the little payment they make to the clinic now? I can answer that... No where. No one else will see them! Every other facility is privately owned, so they don't have to see people with no insurance. You may not like this hospital. You may go to Memphis or Cape to see your specialty doctors and use their facilities. There are people in this county that don't have that luxury. Say what you want, but this hospital has taken good care of a lot of people over the years. I hope it's around to take care of a lot more.
New Madrid county people have no local hospital, they go to Sikeston or Hayti. Kennett and Dyersburg are close. The hospital needs to close. It has been so mismanaged for years. If they can't tighten their belts and make do with the funds they have, oh well. Semo Health Network will see patients at their clinics for the same low cost. They have clinics in Kennett, Portageville, and New Madrid. Many communities have to drive further for health care. We will make it without a local bandaid station.

Farmington, MO

#91 Feb 27, 2014
WTF dude wrote:
<quoted text> New Madrid county people have no local hospital, they go to Sikeston or Hayti. Kennett and Dyersburg are close. The hospital needs to close. It has been so mismanaged for years. If they can't tighten their belts and make do with the funds they have, oh well. Semo Health Network will see patients at their clinics for the same low cost. They have clinics in Kennett, Portageville, and New Madrid. Many communities have to drive further for health care. We will make it without a local bandaid station.
Do the hospitals at Kennett, Dyersburg, Blytheville, or Sikeston take patients that cannot pay?
THE SANDMAN

Saint Louis, MO

#92 Feb 27, 2014
THE HOSPITAL NEEDS TO FIRE THE MANAGER OF JANITORIAL SERVICE BECAUSE THE HOSPITAL AND THE CLINICS ARE EMBARRASSINGLY NASTY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR FILTH PERIOD BUT IN A HEALTH CARE SETTING, THAT'S NOT GOOD!

Farmington, MO

#93 Feb 27, 2014
Common Sense wrote:
When you look at the work force at the hospital, most of the people who work there do not even live in Pemiscot County. So a tax raise is going to keep people in a job that do not live here, work here, or buy goods here and quite frankly could care less about the people of Pemiscot County. This is the same administrator and group of managers that ran the hospital in the ground giving the people of Pemiscot County poor care these past years and are still there doing the same thing. The hospital should stand alone as a business. I understand that we service a large majority of Medicaid and Medicare patients, however, if the services were done correctly then Medicaid and Medicare would pay the hospital for those services. If the hospital gave good care in the first place, then more people who had other insurance would feel comfortable going there for healthcare. Lying in the ER for 8 or 12 hours for something is ridiculous. Not paying their bills so that the workers have supplies they need to run lab tests or cover an injury with a dressing is ridiculous. Having an MRI machine from the dark ages and other outdated equipment to run tests on us is ridiculous and a direct result of poor management. Yet you can bet that Administrator got paid on time each and every pay period. You can also bet his friends all got paid on time too. Yet they continue to give poor care. I doubt if the "new" board will do anything to correct the situation or even if they can. They are receiving their information from the same people who have mismanaged the hospital these past years and gave information to the previous board, so it is doubtful if things will change. No, I am definitely not for throwing good money after bad or using my taxes to support workers from outside Pemiscot County who do nothing to contribute to bettering our way of life. If I spend money, I expect to get something for it. So no to new taxes for the hospital until a change in administration has taken place and we actually have a chance at saving it.
I would like to know where you got your information about the work force. Is it a matter of public record?
Southern gal

Saint Louis, MO

#94 Mar 6, 2014
hayti wrote:
<quoted text>if there was something here maybe we wouldn't have to go else where . I don't purchase nothing in this county. Everything cost to much I save money by going to Dyersburg. I will vote no. The county can not make their mind up how much the taxes will be. So far 1 .25 then 1.5 now its 1 3/4 . so what is it.
If you don't purchase anything in the county THEN WHY WOULD YOU VOTE NO? Makes no sense! The biggest part of people that we will get this extra revenue from is people traveling down our two major interstates that stop while passing through. Since a lot of us spend more tax money out of town anyway AT A HIGHER RATE! Even if this tax passes it is still going to be LOWER than Dyersburg & Blytheville!
Yes for tax proposal

Saint Louis, MO

#95 Mar 6, 2014
Get a flyer on the tax proposition and read it! At least it will hopefully educate the uneducated on how our county is and will be affected! Have an open mind until you learn first-hand from a reputable source as to how this is going to be beneficial if it passes or detrimental if it doesn't.
READ:
Pick up a flyer that's available that will explain exactly how important this tax is to Pemiscot County.
This tax will be mostly paid by out-of-county travelers due to the 2 major interstates coming through our county. AND due to WE the citizens of this county travel to other cities to shop DESPITE PAYING HIGHER TAXES THERE.
Shopping local will ONLY generate $1.25 PER 100.00 spent!!! We all spend way more than that shopping out of town as I know I sure do!$1.25 for every $100.00---THAT IS NOT ALOT!

ANOTHER FACT most citizens are unaware of is All vehicles used by the Sherrifs dept are purchased solely from the Law Enforcement Restitution Fund! Which is monies from court costs paid by criminal defendants!!!

We already go to neighboring towns and pay higher taxes. If both tax props pass it will bring avg sales tax between 7.975%-8.975%. We travel to Dyersburg & pay 9.750%! And Blytheville & pay 9.500%!

Only makes since to raise the sales tax in Pemiscot County and take advantage of the major interstate system that comes through which will generate much needed money for our county!

Pick up a flyer and read the info! Educate yourself! This county is going to decline if WE AS A WHOLE don't do something! VOTE YES!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Lynn Carr 28 min sweetcake 30
BS News 38 min Guest911 1
Just like her sisters 3 hr Guest01 3
Bad Wreck..... (Nov '07) 14 hr Greek 58
looking for johnny stevens!!!!! (Oct '10) 15 hr Yep 17
Cindy herrin Fri Guest 4
Jeneice ayers (Nov '14) Fri Guest 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages