Voting

Farmington, MO

#62 Feb 5, 2014
Voting yes on sales. NO to hospital property tax
Hayti Resident

Saint Louis, MO

#63 Feb 5, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
I vote YES! Everyone needs to understand the importance of this tax. I don't like to pay any higher taxes but it's a NEED for Pemiscot County. Go to the meetings and hear for yourself the importance off this tax or talk to someone that knows exactly THE WHOLE TRUTH AND EVERYTHING THIS TAX IS FOR. And spend your money locally rather than giving to other states & counties so Pemiscot County can come up!
I agree 100% with you! Everyone needs to understand this is going to be very beneficial for Pemiscot County. Citizens need to put trust in our newly elected officials because this county has been in the red for too long. I vote yes and my family is going to the polls to vote yes on this. Support our county before we don't have one! I would love to see this town booming like it was when I was growing up.
VOTE YES!

Humboldt, TN

#64 Feb 5, 2014
steele wrote:
<quoted text> yes ten sales are 10% have no state or personal property
tax to pay. where all we are paying going to.go to dye co. and look they use cars for all there cops not 4x4 gas hogs. just look and you see tommy needs to go back to cars and save for 911 not cry for more taxs.
Tennessee does have personal property tax. Dyer County has personal property tax. Dyersburg has 10% sales tax. The only real difference is Tennessee has no state income tax and the value we get from our tax dollars. For the most part Dyer County has good roads and are constantly repairing those in need of repair. The sheriff's office does an adequate job.
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#65 Feb 5, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Tennessee does have personal property tax. Dyer County has personal property tax. Dyersburg has 10% sales tax. The only real difference is Tennessee has no state income tax and the value we get from our tax dollars. For the most part Dyer County has good roads and are constantly repairing those in need of repair. The sheriff's office does an adequate job.
tenn has a real estate tax on there land, have no personal property tax on there cars, boats 4wheelers like we pay here. cut my 1200 I pay a yr out I vote on there new tax.
Me too

Saint Louis, MO

#66 Feb 6, 2014
Hayti Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with you! Everyone needs to understand this is going to be very beneficial for Pemiscot County. Citizens need to put trust in our newly elected officials because this county has been in the red for too long. I vote yes and my family is going to the polls to vote yes on this. Support our county before we don't have one! I would love to see this town booming like it was when I was growing up.
VOTE YES!
Very well said! I vote yes on this tax too! Talk to people that really know what's going on regarding this tax and anyone with an education and love of our county would vote yes! People freak out on the word "tax" yet we are going over to Dyersburg buying things and paying their higher tax!
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#67 Feb 6, 2014
look at your at&t monthly statement the e911 tax has gone to $3.20 was $2.75. and crying for a new 911 tax. NO WAY WILL I VOTE YES.
roads

Steele, MO

#68 Feb 6, 2014
we need a tax to fix our roads up. hell 911 and the sheriff are getting to much now just look at what siting there at the sheriffs. all kinds of 4x4 Tahoe 4x4 trucks big vans. crying for 1.75 cent sales tax morefor tommy.

Caruthersville, MO

#69 Feb 7, 2014
roads wrote:
we need a tax to fix our roads up. hell 911 and the sheriff are getting to much now just look at what siting there at the sheriffs. all kinds of 4x4 Tahoe 4x4 trucks big vans. crying for 1.75 cent sales tax morefor tommy.
How much longer are you going to cry on here? So when they shut the hospital down, and you need 911 on your cell phone to know where you are in a emergency, and they dont know where you are......next time you complain we have no hospital or county sheriff's dept, the reason that would be ....are idiots like you

Whats with you inbreds in Steele? All I ever read in Topix from ALL of you people is childish immature rants and raves and none of you EVER look into the subject matter before you post your backwards hick replies. You just let your fingers run off on the keyboard because its going to cause your property tax 1.5 cents on the dollar.

Its a small amount to pay for better services for ALL of the county not just law enforcement and the hospital alone. When they close the hospital, and 100's of jobs are lost..we can thank inbred idiots like you.

Caruthersville, MO

#70 Feb 7, 2014
The people voting no.

Dont complain when we have no hospital.
Dont complain when you call 911 from your cell phone and they cant locate you.
Dont complain when county roads are not improved because the county has no money for better roads.

How much longer do you people want to live in a era of prices of the 1950's and expect modern day community services? Our tax rate now is the LOWEST in the region. Have any of you researched property taxes in neighboring states or for that matter other Missouri counties?

Probably not, because the moment you heard tax, your mind was made up to vote no!

Well vote no and continue on whining about how the county needs to do this or the county needs to do that......and live here expecting operating expenses never go up because I refuse to pay a small amount ot better myself and the county I live in.

Ive never a more backwards society of people than I have since moving to Pemiscot county. You want improvements to be modern like other cities but expect it to just happen at no additional expense. Thats like wanting a nicer or bigger home for the cost of the one you have now. Is this how you people think?

No wonder the county and whole area is dying. Its not the jobs moving people away. Its the lack of quality of community services and support some of you give BACK to your county.

Go ahead, vote no. And when your loved one is laying there dying and they cant find you because you stopped your land line because you have a cell phone and its cheaper.....think of what you done, not only to the county but to yourself. That choice is yours.

Continue on living like you are, or better yourself at a small cost you wont hardly notice.

If it doesnt pass, this county is in trouble and none of you realize the point I am making because all you see and hear is the word "TAX".
roads

Steele, MO

#71 Feb 7, 2014
guest wrote:
The people voting no.
Dont complain when county roads are not improved because the county has no money for better roads.
How much longer do you people want to live in a era of prices of the 1950's and expect modern day community services? Our tax rate now is the LOWEST in the region. Have any of you researched property taxes in neighboring states or for that matter other Missouri counties?
Probably not, because the moment you heard tax, your mind was made up to vote no!
Well vote no and continue on whining about how the county needs to do this or the county needs to do that......and live here expecting operating expenses never go up because I refuse to pay a small amount ot better myself and the county I live in.
Ive never a more backwards society of people than I have since moving to Pemiscot county. You want improvements to be modern like other cities but expect it to just happen at no additional expense. Thats like wanting a nicer or bigger home for the cost of the one you have now. Is this how you people think?
No wonder the county and whole area is dying. Its not the jobs moving people away. Its the lack of quality of community services and support some of you give BACK to your county.
Go ahead, vote no. And when your loved one is laying there dying and they cant find you because you stopped your land line because you have a cell phone and its cheaper.....think of what you done, not only to the county but to yourself. That choice is yours.
Continue on living like you are, or better yourself at a small cost you wont hardly notice.
If it doesnt pass, this county is in trouble and none of you realize the point I am making because all you see and hear is the word "TAX".
yes my vote is no look how much sheriff is piss off now he don't need any more tax money

Caruthersville, MO

#72 Feb 7, 2014
roads wrote:
<quoted text> yes my vote is no look how much sheriff is piss off now he don't need any more tax money
Yea Im sure that large 1.5 cents is going to break you. You probably spend more on cigarettes and beer in a years time than you do on taxes.
Educated woman

Saint Louis, MO

#73 Feb 7, 2014
guest wrote:
The people voting no.
I AGREE! VERY WELL SAID!
I VOTE YES! If this vote doesn't pass people will see a great amount of job loss and I'm sure the ones that voted no and lose their job will be thinking how stupid and uneducated they was on the matter! Or can't get help when they need it! People don't care unless they see a direct effect happening to them. Vote yes!

United States

#74 Feb 7, 2014
steele wrote:
<quoted text> yes ten sales are 10% have no state or personal property
tax to pay. where all we are paying going to.go to dye co. and look they use cars for all there cops no
t 4x4 gas hogs. just look and you see tommy needs to go back to cars and save for 911 not cry for more taxs.
hey dumbass your own city police dept in Steele drives a tahoe and a pickup truck you friggin idiot

United States

#75 Feb 7, 2014
To the stupid fool from Steele who posts under so many names. last time I look Steele Hayti and Caruthersville all had Tahoes and pick up trucks and there police departments. So what's the f****** difference between that and the county having Tahoes and pick up trucks? You pay city and county taxes anyhow.

So if you want to see the county get worse then vote no lock the narrow minded bigoted idiots this county is infested with. You cannot move forward on the same budget from 50 years ago. The sheriff salary is around $44K annually would you do that job for that amount? no way I wouldn't
Kevin

Saint Louis, MO

#76 Feb 7, 2014
No one is getting a pay raise from this tax! This is to only help the county! The current tax has been around for many many many years it's time to increase it so the county and this area can keep the jobs and services it currently has and get better!
Vote YES! I dont make a lot of money 25,000 a year, and I have a family to support yet I still vote Yes. It's a very small amount if y'all would realize it and not freak out just because of the word tax! We may not be needing this tax increase if we would do more business here in our country instead of giving it to Dyersburg and so on. Have you thought about that????

Caruthersville, MO

#77 Feb 7, 2014
The idiots from Steele will vote no on the tax because it will keep the drug busts down in Steele.
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#78 Feb 8, 2014
GUEST wrote:
To the stupid fool from Steele who posts under so many names. last time I look Steele Hayti and Caruthersville all had Tahoes and pick up trucks and there police departments. So what's the f****** difference between that and the county having Tahoes and pick up trucks? You pay city and county taxes anyhow.
So if you want to see the county get worse then vote no lock the narrow minded bigoted idiots this county is infested with. You cannot move forward on the same budget from 50 years ago. The sheriff salary is around $44K annually would you do that job for that amount? no way I wouldn't
well your the stupid fool I don't live in steel. I live out side of Caruthersville about 3 ml. and steele hayti Caruthersville have a few not one for all the cops to keep and take home. no new taxes

“Comrades Puppet Master”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#79 Feb 8, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> well your the stupid fool I don't live in steel. I live out side of Caruthersville about 3 ml. and steele hayti Caruthersville have a few not one for all the cops to keep and take home. no new taxes
Mom? Is that you?

Fine, then dont gripe when you cant get county services because you were too much of a cheap skate bastard that you'd rather spend more money driving to Blytheville or Dyersburg and pay more taxes than support your own community you racist bigoted jackwagon

FA LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Am I clear? Im sorry I cant be nice to anyone. Not since Obama won the election and beat the white man twice. That dam negro is the reason why Pemiscot county is broke. Am I clear?
Welp time for me to prepare for my job tonight as a truck stop lot lizard at the BP Travel Center in Steele MO. Am I clear?

“Comrades Puppet Master”

Location hidden

#80 Feb 8, 2014
guest wrote:
The idiots from Steele will vote no on the tax because it will keep the drug busts down in Steele.
LMAO....you are CORRECT!!!!

FA LA LA LA LMAO LA , LA LA LA LA..OH NO NOT THE COUNTY POPO!!!!

Am I clear?

“Comrades Puppet Master”

Location hidden

#81 Feb 8, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> well your the stupid fool I don't live in steel. I live out side of Caruthersville about 3 ml. and steele hayti Caruthersville have a few not one for all the cops to keep and take home. no new taxes
Says the man with a swimming pool and horses in his front yard LMAO

FA LA LA LA LA WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLBURRRRRRRRRRR RRR LA LA LA LA LA

FREE OBAMA GAS AT BP TRAVEL CENTER!!

Am I clear?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 7 min DebraE 1,880
Prayer 28 min Itsok 16
Shocking things Fox viewers believe 1 hr Im The Uno 10
Demacrat Argus Paper 1 hr Who 19
Thoughts - Obama & Isreal 2 hr guesT 49
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 4 hr squeezers 237
Trinity Union Meeting 8 hr employee 45
•••
•••
•••