Student killed in burglary was 'sweet...

Student killed in burglary was 'sweet boy,' mother says

There are 138 comments on the News-journal.com story from Jun 20, 2006, titled Student killed in burglary was 'sweet boy,' mother says. In it, News-journal.com reports that:

Trenton Houghton's favorite recreation was eating out with his friends. Shogun of Japan on Loop 281 was his favorite restaurant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News-journal.com.

Lynn

United States

#21 Jun 24, 2006
Britt wrote:
BAD CHOICE, MISTAKE...same thing sometimes you dont realize it until afterwards but dont you tell US not to preach because nothing you said about bad choices or mistakes made sense...and if you didn't want to hear arguements you shouldn't have posted your opinion because we're gonna do the same thing
I hope that you do some soul searching and find that those four boys and their parents are to blame for this young mans death. I know the homeowner would not have went seeking him out to shoot him. Society in general is so quick to blame someone or something for their actions when they do something wrong. The only fact that absolutely remains is this "If those boys had been asleep in bed at 4:00 in the morning where they should be, no one would have died by a gun shot in some strangers house" I have always told my son to think about the worst thing that can happen before he does anything, and I hope that you will to.
Barbara Johnson

Beaumont, TX

#22 Jun 24, 2006
Pasted from his MySpace...so he was stealing at other times and kicked out of school too?

"i still have the ring you stole me from pacsun last summer when i was with * i member alot of stuff about you from last summer because that's when we bonded. i member the last time i saw you was at * and * house when you were kicked outta school"
Chels

AOL

#23 Jun 24, 2006
Barbara Johnson wrote:
Pasted from his MySpace...so he was stealing at other times and kicked out of school too?
"i still have the ring you stole me from pacsun last summer when i was with * i member alot of stuff about you from last summer because that's when we bonded. i member the last time i saw you was at * and * house when you were kicked outta school"
will people PLEASE stop getting on his myspace and seeking negative information!!! there are wAAAY more good things than just that one comment. when i was with him he made me smile, we laughed, and he was nt doing anything like that!! YOu obviously don't know him so stop judging him from what you read!! God bless!
Michelle

Decatur, GA

#24 Jun 25, 2006
For all of Trent's friends...none of you will ever understand what us as adults and parents are talking about. I wonder what would have happened if they had broken into Trent's house at 3:30 a.m. and his parents didn't know they were kids?

Please let the child rest in peace!
Josh Cominsky

United States

#25 Oct 30, 2006
for all yall who dont know, is that we never went in the house and he was standing behind the door waiting for us with a loaded shotgun and shot three times and he killed my friend and i have at least 100 pellets in my back..i almost didnt make it but for all yall people who want to talk shit about him isnt right but just remeber that yall are going to die to so when judgement day comes around for the ones who are sad to talk shit about a dead boy i hope you spend your rest of your life in hell
bigun

Henderson, TX

#26 Dec 7, 2006
well, if any group of people decide to visit mein the middle of the night, unannounced, wearing dark clothing, they better be right with god for i will empty a colt .45 in their direction, whether i do any damage will be luck since i am old deaf and almost blind, but i will shoot. whether its mamas babys or hardened criminals.
Deadrius Armstrong

AOL

#27 Dec 10, 2006
Trent was 1 of my sons (DeAnthony Goodson)best friends..I hope that he dosent read some of these comments.It would truly hurt him to hear some of the harsh comments you guys are making after all you guys didnt know the real TRENT..like he did so please let him rest in peace...you guys are not GOD and we have to make amends with our LORD and SAVIOR just as Trent did!!! Will you be ready????
Kelsey Grace

AOL

#28 Jan 10, 2007
I Miss My Trent. He Was My Buddy. I Wish The Trash Talking Would Stop. Yall May THink He Did Wrong, But He Paid For It In His Own Way. All This Was Apart Of Gods Plan. I Mean, You Can Argue With How It Was Wrong All You Would Like, But What Happened, Has Happened. Leave It Alone. Its Upsetting His Friends That Lost Someone They Really Loved.
caitlyn cominsky

AOL

#29 Feb 21, 2007
for u ppl who are blaming the kids not the owner that shit is bogus.....my cousin is not a bad kid and how would you like it if someone was waiting for anyone to walk by so they could shoot them!!!im only 13 and have enough common sense to know who is at fault...kids shouldn't be blamed for stupid adults shooting people out of the blue....my cousin and his friends will be scarred 4 life,and that guy gets off with nothing....u people shouldn't judge ppl u don't know!!! find the real story and then use ur brain and u will see wad really happend and who is at fault....i dont have to know trent to know he wasnt a bad kid..so u fucking ppl can screw urselves 4 being so damn dumb!!!!are u ready to be shot ???
lonesome

Henderson, TX

#30 Feb 22, 2007
you whining little criminals, the world is sick of your kind, sneaktheiving,preying on the elderlys homes, you got what you deserve, how many times did you get bye with stealing out of somebodys home in the middle of the night, did you ever think what you were good at was wrong? you can whine all you want, but facts speak for itself, you are pathetic little sneaktheives and if you broke into my home at 3 am, well, i would defend my home and would shoot first and ask later.
Carthage-N-Calif ornia

Pico Rivera, CA

#31 Feb 23, 2007
Hi:
just happening to Google my home Panola County. I saw this article. SSooo Sad. I know God lead me to this site. My Son made the choice to enter into someones' home (following so call friends) I contstantly ask myself why..Be didn't learn that from home. Just trying to be something he's not. He was luch (or just cover with his Mommy's prayers) They didn't get caugh in the house. Many months later one of the other boys was arresswsted for anonther crime & he made a deal to lessen his potential charges for the present crime. in other words he told about the previous crime that no one was else arrested for.(I think kids call it RAT-ing out a person). Well I think it save my son's life. You see everyone that has being involved in the un solved crime lied & didn't owned up to it...except my som he did...and now for fencing a XBox (2000 version) he's spent the last 2 birthbay's (19& 20) he has 2 more to spend IN A CA STATE PRISON. at first I looked for answer why..after reading about your friends I THANK GOD I am not burying my son...I truly know and believe that my son is a better person, brother, son, granson, nephew, friend & Man. He regrets HIS CHOICES that day but no doubt he's not going to waste the consequences he suffered because of his Stupid CHOICE. To all Trents friends (especially those who were w/ his that nite) DON'T LET HIS CONSQUENCES BE WASTED.
GOD IS A LOVING GOD ALL HE WANTS IS OUR ATTENTION TO TELL US OUR PATH IN LIFE...
CNC
Bear

Lindale, TX

#32 Mar 6, 2007
I am sadden that a child got killed, but he was not a child when he busted into someone else's home to do them harm. Kids kill now a days for no reason at all except most are on drugs.Its sad that a life was lost, but good going home owner
Paula

United States

#33 Apr 11, 2007
Iam sad for the family that lost their loved one, i amsad for the man thatfelt that killing instead of wounding was the answer and it is sad that so much hostility is among so many people.Those boys were thrill seekers and now the thrill is gone,along with their friend.I believe that we all should take a look at ourselves before we pass judgement.Its easy to say what we would do but untilwe are actually in the position we can only speculate.For the boys who were there that night i hope you will find other ways to find that thrill you seek,and remember thatwhat ever you do in life will haveanimpact on someone else.Please think of how hurt your own family would feel if it had been you.
guy cominsky

AOL

#34 May 13, 2007
you have the right to defend your home but not the right to use or abuse use of extreem force
iam hiring the best in the business to look to file a motion i ask some friends in the FBI to look into the police IVS
Feelings for All

United States

#35 May 22, 2007
We all need to know that the young man made the DECISION to brake the Law.And in doing so ran into more than he expected. We should all learn that when we make the wrong choice bad things can and will happen. We should not think we can do wrong and not be punished. I feel for both families. But if the young man had not done what he did he would still be here and the man who shot him would still be living in the house that he built for his family and not being forced to move because of the HATE from other. God Bless
Justin Cominsky

Longview, TX

#36 Jun 8, 2007
For everyone...put yourself in trents family position..What if your son was the one who was killed...you would defend your own before anything..now parents think no my children wouldnt do that...but trent wasnt the kind to do this...it was a very bad mistake..and it cost him his life...if any of you all had any remorse you all would leave it be...The homeowner was in rage because other of his houses were burgalized...And he was in rage so he brought his family into the house he was building.. So he could catch thiefs...but trent and the others...They got caught up in it..The homeowner was wanting revenge...If yall didnt know but The man was fully dressed and they found a sleeping bag in the middle of the living room...so tell me how that looks like...Maybe one day all of you that are talking down on a kid that is 6 feet under...You all will find out what it is like to lose someone..And you will feel what it is like to lose someone that means alot to everyone...Most of yall dont have hearts and yall never will. but one day you will get a call that yalls son or daughters have past away..When yall get that kind of call and find out what it feels like then ill make a comment box about and ill talk shit about them how they deserve and see how it feels...its fine because yall will suffer of how yall acting about someone that yall didnt have the pleasure to meet..Trent brought happiness to everyone..He lived life to the fullest...He was not the kind of person to break in a house..But yall dont know that...So all the people that like to gossip about things yall dont have a clue bout keep it to your self...We all know that your life sucks...and you take it out on others mistake...

RIP TRENT HOUGHTON
WE LOVE YOU & MISS YOU
fred

Marietta, GA

#37 Jun 19, 2007
3:00 IN THE MORNING? HOW ABOUT THE PARENTS? DIDN'T THEY KEEP TABS ON THIS GUY. DID THEY JUST LET HIM RUN WILD. WHO IS AT FAULT???
Lady Justice

Henderson, TX

#38 Jun 29, 2007
Josh Cominsky wrote:
for all yall who dont know, is that we never went in the house and he was standing behind the door waiting for us with a loaded shotgun and shot three times and he killed my friend and i have at least 100 pellets in my back..i almost didnt make it but for all yall people who want to talk shit about him isnt right but just remeber that yall are going to die to so when judgement day comes around for the ones who are sad to talk shit about a dead boy i hope you spend your rest of your life in hell
OMG what in the world is WRONG with you people? You speak of judgement day and hell....THOUT SHALL NOT STEAL! Read your Bible! you punk ass kids got Exactly what you deserved! You come by my house at 3:30 A.M and you will get the same treatment. I don't feel sorry for you or your families because if they had raised you the right way and taught you the bible none of us would have this conversation. Also your comments about what a nice boy he was etc. is a crock. First: Nice boys do not burgle people. Second: They say the same thing about serial killers ( He was such a nice boy, so quiet....blah blah blah) Don't try and suck sympathy from honest people. You should try writing some of your future friends in Huntsville, maybe you'll get some sympathy from them. I am still shocked you could even justify your actions...you all make me SICK SICK SICK!!!!
Lady Justice

Henderson, TX

#39 Jun 29, 2007
Justin Cominsky wrote:
For everyone...put yourself in trents family position..What if your son was the one who was killed...you would defend your own before anything..now parents think no my children wouldnt do that...but trent wasnt the kind to do this...it was a very bad mistake..and it cost him his life...if any of you all had any remorse you all would leave it be...The homeowner was in rage because other of his houses were burgalized...And he was in rage so he brought his family into the house he was building.. So he could catch thiefs...but trent and the others...They got caught up in it..The homeowner was wanting revenge...If yall didnt know but The man was fully dressed and they found a sleeping bag in the middle of the living room...so tell me how that looks like...Maybe one day all of you that are talking down on a kid that is 6 feet under...You all will find out what it is like to lose someone..And you will feel what it is like to lose someone that means alot to everyone...Most of yall dont have hearts and yall never will. but one day you will get a call that yalls son or daughters have past away..When yall get that kind of call and find out what it feels like then ill make a comment box about and ill talk shit about them how they deserve and see how it feels...its fine because yall will suffer of how yall acting about someone that yall didnt have the pleasure to meet..Trent brought happiness to everyone..He lived life to the fullest...He was not the kind of person to break in a house..But yall dont know that...So all the people that like to gossip about things yall dont have a clue bout keep it to your self...We all know that your life sucks...and you take it out on others mistake...
RIP TRENT HOUGHTON
WE LOVE YOU & MISS YOU
WHAAAAA..........WHAAAAAAAAA.. ........ I have lost someone close to me by someone who thinks the way you do....Megan Holden was abducted from her place of work (Walmart) was raped and tortured and then was shot in her head dumped in a ditch all alone. Left there like she was trash. She was not a thief. She worked VERY hard for everything she had, and she was just 18 years old. You really need to stop your whining. You and your friends are WRONG and you need to get on your knees everyday and pray for forgiveness. You and your friends caused Trents death plain and simple. You had NO business on that mans property and you know it. As for all you bleeding hearts that want to say "Oh what a shame"....grow some balls and stop letting these vile poor excuse of humans suck sympathy from you. Stand up for yourselves. If more people would aim to kill thier would obviouly be less over crowding in the jails, less criminals on the street and put some fear in these .....ummm what is the word.....hmmmm SCUM!!!!!!!!!!
lonesome

Henderson, TX

#40 Jun 30, 2007
sweet boy my arse, the correct description is, a theiving sneak theif, who if given the oppurtunity would terrorize old folks and steal their money and treasures, without remorse. you cannot justify commiting crime, middle of the night sneak theives, the only regret i have is that old man was a bad shot or ran out of ammunition if he was a better shot maybe we wouldn"t have to read the garbage about a sweet boy, he is trying to steal something from the devil and he will be there a long time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristina Harris Feb 13 We use to be frands 1
Bernie Tiede (Dec '09) Feb 13 TipsyFromCentralC... 60
Who knows Jake Rich? (Oct '12) Feb 5 arich9384 3
1948 Reunion For Carthage High School Jan 19 Ozark Ripley 1
News MFD seeking leads on arson (Jan '10) Jan 19 NOISY FART 3
News I-69 running through county receives a boost (Jun '06) Jan '18 FART TUBA 2
Treesie adams Jan '18 Curious 1

Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance