Student killed in burglary was 'sweet boy,' mother says

Trenton Houghton's favorite recreation was eating out with his friends. Shogun of Japan on Loop 281 was his favorite restaurant. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Anonymous

Beaumont, TX

#1 Jun 20, 2006
I don't think this article was correct. If I'm not mistaken, he wasn't in Hallsville High School, he was going to an alternative school.
Chels

Bossier City, LA

#2 Jun 22, 2006
actually you are mistaken!! He had returned back to school before school was let out! so how bout you keep your comments to yourself if you don't know what you are talking about!
Tara

AOL

#3 Jun 22, 2006
uhmm anonymous you are wrong because the boy that was shot and killed was one of my very good friends and he was with me the whole last week of school soo befor you start making crap up that you dont know what your talking about you need to get your facts.
michelle

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2006
Tara wrote:
uhmm anonymous you are wrong because the boy that was shot and killed was one of my very good friends and he was with me the whole last week of school soo befor you start making crap up that you dont know what your talking about you need to get your facts.
all of this back and forth trash talking is unnecessary. think about all families involved, including the homeowners that were just trying to sleep in their new house that someone broke into
Tara

AOL

#5 Jun 22, 2006
the man was not asleep though he was up and ready with a loaded gun. and im sorry if i was trash talking but i just lost a best friend and no one can bring him back....and the sad thing is he didnt have to get shot.... that man made the decision to shoot him.
Amy

Lafayette, LA

#6 Jun 22, 2006
Tara wrote:
the man was not asleep though he was up and ready with a loaded gun. and im sorry if i was trash talking but i just lost a best friend and no one can bring him back....and the sad thing is he didnt have to get shot.... that man made the decision to shoot him.
HONEY, WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR FATHER, OR AN UNCLE WHAT THEY WOULD DO IF THEY WOKE UP AND HAD 4 INDIVIDUALS---DRESSED IN DARK CLOTHING, HATS ON, AND GLOVES---STANDING IN THEIR LIVING ROOM AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WERE THERE IN THE HOUSE. WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BE PROTECTED? I KNOW THAT HE DID NOT INTEND TO KILL ANYONE!! NOR DID HE KNOW THE AGES OF THE INDIVIDUALS. IT WAS 3:30 AM!!! HE WAS NOT SITTING THERE WAITING FOR FOUR GUYS TO BURGLARIZE HIS HOME!!! I AM SORRY THAT SOMEONE DIED, BUT THE HOMEOWNER AND HIS DAUGHTER COULD HAVE BEEN THE ONES KILLED HAD HE NOT HAD A WEAPON.
P.S. TRENT POSTED ON MYSPACE THAT HE WAS IN A ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL. AND BY THE WAY, JUSTIN LOOKS LIKE A "SWEET BOY" WITH THAT MACHINE GUN!
winter boyd

Plano, TX

#7 Jun 23, 2006
Tara wrote:
WRONG Tara. Your friend was the one that made the decision that got him killed. He was the one in someone elses house at three in the morning and he was the one that decided to take something that was not his. The man had every right do defend his property. Age is not the factor here, the facts are the kids were criminals and paid the price for their actions. Guess the others are lucky they walked away. Hope they realize their actions resulted their friend death as sure as if they pulled the trigger. I feel sorry for the homeowner he has to live with the taking of a life but he may have saved one down the line.
Chels

Bossier City, LA

#8 Jun 23, 2006
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
HONEY, WHY DON'T YOU ASK YOUR FATHER, OR AN UNCLE WHAT THEY WOULD DO IF THEY WOKE UP AND HAD 4 INDIVIDUALS---DRESSED IN DARK CLOTHING, HATS ON, AND GLOVES---STANDING IN THEIR LIVING ROOM AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WERE THERE IN THE HOUSE. WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BE PROTECTED? I KNOW THAT HE DID NOT INTEND TO KILL ANYONE!! NOR DID HE KNOW THE AGES OF THE INDIVIDUALS. IT WAS 3:30 AM!!! HE WAS NOT SITTING THERE WAITING FOR FOUR GUYS TO BURGLARIZE HIS HOME!!! I AM SORRY THAT SOMEONE DIED, BUT THE HOMEOWNER AND HIS DAUGHTER COULD HAVE BEEN THE ONES KILLED HAD HE NOT HAD A WEAPON.
P.S. TRENT POSTED ON MYSPACE THAT HE WAS IN A ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL. AND BY THE WAY, JUSTIN LOOKS LIKE A "SWEET BOY" WITH THAT MACHINE GUN!
okay ... i understand they were doing wrong and my uncle (whom i talked to about this) would protect his family your right, but if they already had there backs turned and were running he would not of shot them!!!!!! i mean maybe a shot in the air but not at them while they are running! While your asking us to ask our fathers or uncles what they would do ..... why don't you take a minute to think what if that was your son? or your little brother? or your friend?? It would be a lot different!!! i understand he was protecting his family, but him killing was very un called for!!!
P.S. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!!!(only a selected few people know what REALLy happend) trent was back at hallsville High school before the school year ended!!!! and by the way i don't know justin and i dont think you do either so whose to judge if he's a sweet boy? By the way i'm sorry trent never got the chance to influence YOUR life cause i promise you would be grieving right now! GOD BLESS!!!!!
Chels

Bossier City, LA

#9 Jun 23, 2006
winter boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG Tara. Your friend was the one that made the decision that got him killed. He was the one in someone elses house at three in the morning and he was the one that decided to take something that was not his. The man had every right do defend his property. Age is not the factor here, the facts are the kids were criminals and paid the price for their actions. Guess the others are lucky they walked away. Hope they realize their actions resulted their friend death as sure as if they pulled the trigger. I feel sorry for the homeowner he has to live with the taking of a life but he may have saved one down the line.
YOu really don't need to blame his friends for his death! thats uncalled for! One man pulled the trigger that night and your right he will have to live with the fact he killed someones son, little brother, and everyone who got the chance to meet him friend!! noone knows what happend except God and the people who were there! lies come out of peoples mouths, but you can't lie to God! the only way we know what happend is what we read or what we hear and that's not always the truth!!!
winter boyd

Plano, TX

#10 Jun 23, 2006
Chels wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu really don't need to blame his friends for his death! thats uncalled for! One man pulled the trigger that night and your right he will have to live with the fact he killed someones son, little brother, and everyone who got the chance to meet him friend!! noone knows what happend except God and the people who were there! lies come out of peoples mouths, but you can't lie to God! the only way we know what happend is what we read or what we hear and that's not always the truth!!!
The truth is... These boys were in another man's house at three in the morning. Had someone said "no this is wrong" Trent would be alive today. Every single young man in that groug helped kill Trent. That is the hard truth.
Anonymous

Beaumont, TX

#11 Jun 23, 2006
Ok, you answered my question though...He was BACK in school. Which means he was out at one time....That's all I wanted to know..thanks
Anonymous

Beaumont, TX

#12 Jun 23, 2006
Tara wrote:
how about you both go look at your very good friends myspace account. He said it himself that he wasn't in hallsville high, that he was going to Kilgore ALTERNATIVE. So why don't you guys get your facts straight. So at one time he was unless he was lying.
Chels

AOL

#13 Jun 23, 2006
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you both go look at your very good friends myspace account. He said it himself that he wasn't in hallsville high, that he was going to Kilgore ALTERNATIVE. So why don't you guys get your facts straight. So at one time he was unless he was lying.
i'm just wondering why you are getting on trents myspace?? what business do you have on there? yeah i know it's for everyone to see, but now that he's gone i just don't think it's right for you to get on there just to gather any kind of trash you can about him, and if that's not what your doing on there then why are you geettin on his myspace?
Chels

AOL

#14 Jun 23, 2006
winter boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is... These boys were in another man's house at three in the morning. Had someone said "no this is wrong" Trent would be alive today. Every single young man in that groug helped kill Trent. That is the hard truth.
noone knows for sure if the boys ever made it in the mans house or not. Just because one man said they were actually IN his house we don't know cause we wern't there, so why don't we stop making accusations!
Kourt

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Jun 23, 2006
First i want to say is that nobody can sit here and say they have never made a mistake that hurt somebody or hurt their self...it happends some are worse then others but it still happends...Trent touched peopls lives in so many different ways and it hurts to know somebody that could make u smile no matter what is gone...the homeowner could have lest gave a warning but he didn't like chels said only God knows the truth and when it comes to the end of our lives so will we..im not saying that its not right to protect your family but if their running off then why still shot?...and why dig up so much on trent you didnt know him Anonymous...you know what you HEAR about him...you never were lucky enough to KNOW him...
Britt

AOL

#16 Jun 23, 2006
k anonymous just because he didnt update his myspace when he returned to hallsville doesnt mean he didn't go back and im pretty sure we know what we're talkin about since we went to school with him..dont talk about trent like you know him he was such a great person and people make mistakes, dont let one mistake make u judge him...and winter boyd 1 thing took trents life and it was that man and his gun...but GOD help all of you on here talking down on trent and the other boys and for you saying things about him that are hurting his family and friends..instead of sayin all the trash u can about him why dont u just hope and pray that u can meet and love someone as wonderful as trent..
Anonymous

Beaumont, TX

#17 Jun 23, 2006
That wasn't a mistake...it was a CHOICE. A mistake is something you don't mean to do. They MEANT to break into this home. His own friend Gregory Allison signed and affidavit stating so. It wasn't a "mistake" until after he got shot. Would it have been a mistake if they had made it out of there with a bunch of stuff?

And the police's report that the boy was being held at gunpoint INSIDE this man's livingroom should be enough to show you they DID get inside his home. I really doubt the man drug them BACK into the house??! About the MySpace, if you don't want people judging you by what's on it or looking at it, don't make it public access for everyone to see. Ever heard of the saying "actions speak louder than words"? His Myspace had nothing to say that people didn't see in his actions anyway. That's what really proved at least what kind of "friends" he had if nothing else. So don't come here and preach about telling us to not judge. You are doing the same thing to the INNOCENT homeowner. Had they never been there, this NEVER would've happen. Learn from his so called MISTAKE....No one is dumping on your friend, just wanting the facts of it all to come out.
Anonymous

Beaumont, TX

#18 Jun 23, 2006
Anyway, listen, let's drop it and leave it alone. None of us know what happened, only the homeowner & the boy's know and eventually it will all come out. They have 9-1-1 tapes and the evidence of the shotgun spray will tell them EXACTLY where he shot. You remember your friend the way you knew him, for the good. This is a very sad story that should've never happened in the first place and if he was a good person, I'm sure all of you were just as shocked hearing he did this. Don't blame someone that didn't ask for this though. He made a split second decision and also has to live with it. This ruined part of this man's life too and not to mention his 7yr old dd that was in the home with him. Anyway, let's leave it here, it's not going to help anyone arguing over anything.
Britt

AOL

#19 Jun 24, 2006
BAD CHOICE, MISTAKE...same thing sometimes you dont realize it until afterwards but dont you tell US not to preach because nothing you said about bad choices or mistakes made sense...and if you didn't want to hear arguements you shouldn't have posted your opinion because we're gonna do the same thing
Lynn

United States

#20 Jun 24, 2006
It is a very sad thing when someone so young looses their life, before having the change to make wrongs, right. Maybe this will be a lesson for all young people to do the right thing. Breaking into someone's home is not the right thing, and nothing good can come of it. I am sad for the loss of your friend, but very sad for the homeowner who never wants to feel fear in the middle of the night when 4 young men are facing his one person. It doesn't matter how it happened, but that the worst thing happened. Your friend wouldn't have died had he done the right thing. Don't blame others for your choices in life. Parents, talk to your children, don't expect them to know right from wrong, or learn it from TV or school, it is your responsibility. Don't let this child die in vein, make this world a better place to live in because you learned something from his death. May God Bless You All!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharon Daniels takes Jimerson's plea offer (Mar '07) 1 hr Raine 80
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Dec 15 Fartman 703
Abuse of citizens by Carthage, Texas police dep... (Aug '10) Dec 11 metoo0 10
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
1 air-lifted to hospital after 4-car wreck in P... Nov '14 Cheyenne carroll 2
Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) Oct '14 Fossilfarts 393
Carthage Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carthage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carthage News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carthage

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:16 am PST

NBC Sports11:16AM