Dollar store in rome
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ready for new store

Jamestown, TN

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Has anyone heard when they are going to start building the new dollar general store in Rome where the old pk market used to be
is it a rumor

Lafayette, TN

#2 Aug 8, 2012
Are you sure about this? There isn't even a town at Rome,just an antique shop in an old church.

Why would they consider building another DG when there are two, just a few miles down the road?
Don't know where you heard about it, but would be interested to read the story.

Brush Creek, TN

#3 Aug 8, 2012
I beleave they r goin to start the end of the month . it was in the paper
Ready for new store

Jamestown, TN

#4 Aug 10, 2012
Thanks guest I am looking forward to it coming to the Rome area
yes true

Portland, TN

#5 Aug 10, 2012
is it a rumor wrote:
Are you sure about this? There isn't even a town at Rome,just an antique shop in an old church.
Why would they consider building another DG when there are two, just a few miles down the road?
Don't know where you heard about it, but would be interested to read the story.
There is a dollar store past four way stop headed
toward GALLATIN think area is called CASTILIAN SPRINGS.
There are dollar stores every where in small areas's I
believe it is true.
ahhhhh

White House, TN

#6 Aug 11, 2012
I think it will do great. It is at a really good location. Save a trip to Gordonsville and Carthage!!
Ready for new store

Jamestown, TN

#7 Aug 11, 2012
So many people travel 70 coming and going to work it will be really convenient
Haha

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2012
How long will it be open before it gets robbed?
dookie

Portage, MI

#9 Aug 11, 2012
I bet it will get robbed every month......who the hell wanna work up there where if you take bullet up in your ass and its takes atleast an half hour before POPO come out there......not me...
You are

Gordonsville, TN

#10 Aug 14, 2012
dookie wrote:
I bet it will get robbed every month......who the hell wanna work up there where if you take bullet up in your ass and its takes atleast an half hour before POPO come out there......not me...
A Dumbazz
Ready for new store

Jamestown, TN

#11 Aug 14, 2012
I am sure the police will patrol the area to keep the sorry scum bags away from a very nice community also I am sure that the people of roam can take care of scum I hear many of the neighbors around are well armed and a damm good shot so try it and see how many fish we can feed with your nasty self
Upstart

United States

#12 Aug 14, 2012
Police patrols in smith county?
What are you smoking?
cheaper

Charlotte, NC

#13 Aug 15, 2012
Upstart wrote:
Police patrols in smith county?
What are you smoking?
have to say I live on the outskirts of town and they come thru my neighborhood a couple times a day
Upstart

United States

#14 Aug 15, 2012
One of ems girlfriends must live by you

Bethpage, TN

#15 Aug 15, 2012
Upstart wrote:
One of ems girlfriends must live by you
STFU
Rome Dollar General

United States

#16 Aug 19, 2012
I've lived in this community my entire life, and getting a Dollar General is a huge blessing for us. Right now, the closest stores like it are Carthage Walmart, which is 15 minutes away, or Lebanon Walmart, which is about 20 minutes away. That's how far we have to go if we need essentials like paper towels and soap. It's exactly what Rome needs, and with any luck, maybe it will attract a restaurant or a gas station. I'm not holding my breath for either, but the Dollar Store is coming for sure, and we're all looking forward to it.
Ready for new store

Jamestown, TN

#17 Aug 21, 2012
Rome ISA great community I hope it will bring in some more things too it is the perfect place for the store when are they going to start work on it
Cant do it

White House, TN

#18 Aug 22, 2012
My dad always told us kids when he told us to do something and we replied to him that I can't do it daddy. He told us "can't never got nothing done" and he was right. People that talk things down even before it happens more then likely is a "I can't do it kind of person. Now I'm talking about the new dollar store in Rome. It is robbed already before the ground is even broke for it yet and no telling what other negative things has been said. The banks in Carthage,South Carthage, Gordonsville has been robbed more then once! Should Smith county not have banks,drugs stores? And not to mention turners a few weeks ago! Ok, lets shut them all down and drive to Lebanon for gas and do our banking and shop at there drug stores. Nothing ever gets robbed in Lebanon does it? Thats the mentality of so many people that lives in this county. It might not seem so bad at first when you read such things on Carthage topics. But step back and think of what kind of light it puts on us all that call Smith county home and proud to be so. Why can't we all say just how nice the new dollar store will be and bring more job's and tax dollars to our county and that goes for any business that's here and future business that's thinking of opening a business in the county. Let's not say its going to fail even when its not even open yet but support them. Every business that opens here will make other folks think about doing the same if they see our small businesses are making a go of it. Think before you speak negative because it may effect you and many others!
Town guy

Nashville, TN

#19 Aug 22, 2012
I think the violence in Smith co is extremely high!
I think that's what everyone was pointing out because that's sorta a desolate area out there
If criminals will shoot at each other at Mojo's and fire shoots at tommy at turners I agree that this location will be a target
The store is not the problem it's our high level of crime per capita
How many arrests and convictions for our crimes ?
Cant do it

White House, TN

#20 Aug 22, 2012
I'm sure dollar general has looked into the crime in small area's like Rome but they still build and hire people for those stores. I'm saying if people want to open a business in the county the least we can do is support them! Its a win win for the people of our small county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Married or what are you caught w 1 hr Wondering 1
Easy pu$$ 2 hr Gottaknow 3
No Water South Carthage? 16 hr Great forum 4
who is holly Burton ? (Oct '15) 19 hr Fact 15
Charlie Summers 22 hr Haha 9
Where in the hell is Dale Francis? (Oct '16) Fri Theman 7
Lovemyhusband2000 Fri StateTruth2017 8

Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance