Attention football fans

Attention football fans

Posted in the Carthage Forum

just the facts

White House, TN

#1 Nov 28, 2011
In case some of you are too old to remember or to young to have been there or just haven't heard. The Gordonsville High School Tigers won the TSSAA Class A State Championship in 1984, they were also the 1983 Class A State Runner up. They even have a sign in Gordonsville that says so.

When those boys won, most of the county was pulling for them to win it all.

Something has happened since then and some people need to get over it and move on.

From what I have read and heard, most everyone outside of Gordonsville was pulling for South Pitt last week.

Now, with that being said and posted on here can all of you get over it and move on?

Westmoreland, TN

#2 Nov 28, 2011
In case you did not notice all the trash is coming from gornsvul.Carthage folks are just retaliating as they should.

Since: Feb 10

Nashville, TN

#3 Nov 28, 2011
I personally hope they both lose every football game they ever play. Everybody acts like it's the only thing that matters. It's just a game, nobody in this county is good enough in either school to make anything out of it. If the kids were raised to play for fun and to enjoy it they might have some good healthy copetition. The way it stands right now it's the only thing in the world and it really isn't. The parents of these kids are the problem. They are the ones that need to grow up. Your children are ashamed of the way you act. Let kids be kids and have fun while they can. It won't be long before they wake up one day and the real world is where thay are. thats the day they realize football was just a game and they were so caught up in it the didn't even enjoy it.
Memory

Springfield, TN

#4 Nov 30, 2011
Fritz Sircy was on the team when they won. R.I.P. Fritz!!!!
agree brilliant

Hendersonville, TN

#5 Nov 30, 2011
just the facts wrote:
In case some of you are too old to remember or to young to have been there or just haven't heard. The Gordonsville High School Tigers won the TSSAA Class A State Championship in 1984, they were also the 1983 Class A State Runner up. They even have a sign in Gordonsville that says so.
When those boys won, most of the county was pulling for them to win it all.
Something has happened since then and some people need to get over it and move on.
From what I have read and heard, most everyone outside of Gordonsville was pulling for South Pitt last week.
Now, with that being said and posted on here can all of you get over it and move on?
Most of those guys moved on and were very successful. Brad Cowan,
Marc Lewis stand-outs. Butch Agee, Bob Dillard, Billy Swain, Stevie
King, Mark Vance, Lewis Wood,many more. All these guys I knew them
well, great parents that taught them values, and about life after football.Excellent coaches Mark Medley, Stanley Wills and T. Ford
These coaches taught them the importance of education, discipline,
and great work ethic. Most of these guys used their success in football as a stepping stone in the real world.Thanks Smith County
for your support this was a special time !! The parents of today
need to grow-up and shut-up!! No such thing as "problem children"
only "problem parents"!
thomas

Gallatin, TN

#6 Dec 1, 2011
The last two post hit the nail on the head. A very
special time in the past. Wonderful MEMORIES! We can make new ones if Smith County will unite.
Owls and Tigers both have great folks involved on
every level. Good luck and best wishes to both next
year!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Kane 2 hr Ed good 17
Drugs in our county and community (Mar '15) 8 hr Good and Bad Advise 7
Civil Rights issues in this county 11 hr Great forum 1
Is Kendra M. Grisham really snitching???? Sun Dan 11
main reason medicade may go broke Sun victor 10
Gravel Driveway repair in Smith County May 26 Bush 5
Fleamarket May 26 Bush 4

Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance