dtf agent arrested and still has a job?

Posted in the Carthage Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JUST THE FACTS

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 18, 2012
WHAT I'M ABOUT TO POST IS IS ONLY THE FACT'S NOTHING MORE ADDED.
THIS POST IS NOT BASH ANYONE, I AM ONLY POSTING THIS TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW THE SYSTEM WORK'S AROUND HERE!
I HAVE BEEN SITTING ON THIS FOR SOMETIME NOW BUT WILL BE FORWARDING THIS WHOLE ARTICLE TO PHIL WILLIAMS @ NEWS CHANNEL 5, AS WELL AS THE T.B.I.
FIRST OF ALL MR. CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL JENKINS WAS ARRESTED IN TROUSDALE COUNTY FOR D.U.I. AND IMPLIED CONSENT ON 9/11/03,
THE D.U.I. WAS AMENDED TO D.W.I. AND WAS FOUND GUILTY OF IMPLIED CONSENT AND WAS SENTENCED TO LOSS OF DRIVING LICENCE FOR 6 MONTH'S.
( HE GOT A DEAL OF A LIFE TIME SINCE HE WAS A D.T.F. COP BUT SHOULD OF BEEN FIRED ACCORDING TO COMPANY POLICY OF THE S.C.S.O.
OK NOW FOR THE NEXT PART THREE MONTH'S LATER THIS HAPPENS, KEEP IN MIND HE IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE DRIVING!
DTF agent arrested for DUI
by Spencer Wix - TIMES staff writer
9 years ago | 291 views | 0 | 5 ||
A 15th Judicial Task Force Agent for Trousdale County was arrested on December 29 for DUI 1st offense and implied consent by Tennessee Highway Patrolman Gerald Carter.
DTF agent Christopher Michael Jenkins "Kit", 29, Bethpage, was involved in a alcohol related one car accident on Oldham Road.
Jenkins was reportedly traveling north on Oldham Road when he lost control of his Dodge pickup in a curve and ran off the right side of the road striking three trees before coming to a final rest. He was alone in the vehicle.
According to a report from Beth Womack, Tennessee Highway Patrol Public Information Officer, Jenkins was charged with implied consent because he refused to cooperate with Trooper Carter in determining whether the accident was alcohol related. Trooper Carter did administer a DUI test and found that Jenkins was intoxicated.
DTF Director Mike Thompson was contacted but would not comment on the incident.
Jenkins suffered minor injuries in the accident but refused treatment. He is scheduled to appear in General Sessions court January 10.
Read more: Macon County Times - DTF agent arrested for DUI
NOW IF YOU WHERE TO GO TO THE CLERK OR THE MACON COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE HE HAS NEVER BEEN BOOKED IN THERE OR EVEN WENT TO COURT,
NOW FOR ALL THIS TO HAPPEN SO MANY THING HAS TO TAKE PLACE ILLEGALLY ALL THE WAY UP TO THE D.A.AND THE JUDGE.
HE IS CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AT THE SMITH COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE AS A DETECTIVE NOW, GO FIGURE RIGHT.
THIS IS ALL PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE AND NOT RUMOR AND BY NO MEAN ARE WE TRYING TO SLANDER MR. JENKINS IN ANYWAY, BUT IN OUR OPINION MR JENKINS NEEDS TO RESIGN FOR AS THIS WILL HURT OUR GOOD SHERIFF'S CHANCES FOR RE-ELECTION IF AND WHEN MADE PUBLIC TO MORE THEN THIS SITE.
xlawman

White House, TN

#2 Mar 18, 2012
when i was working there i knew of this but that was a long time ago and things where very different back in those days
Joker

United States

#3 Mar 18, 2012
Not only will it hurt his chances of re-election, but it should. Why doesn't the Sheriff do something about it. Same as always, good ole boys hide and cover for their own. Hopper is just a dirty as the rest, he is just quieter about it than the others.
xlawman

White House, TN

#4 Mar 18, 2012
hopper my not know about it it was along time ago but then again he will now cause they all look at this site or know someone who does
info

Plant City, FL

#5 Mar 18, 2012
xlawman wrote:
when i was working there i knew of this but that was a long time ago and things where very different back in those days
The times have changed but the game is still the same. Just another case of corruption comming into the light.
JUST THE FACTS

London, UK

#6 Mar 18, 2012
NOW WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS, I KNOW OF 4 OFFICERS WHO HAVE BEEN FIRED FOR THE SAME THING OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS AND ONE WHO HAS BEEN FIRED AND NOT BEEN FOUND GUILTY OF ANYTHING YET, AND PERSONALLY I KNOW MOST OF THE OTHER OFFICERS DO NOT LIKE HIM AND THINK HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN JAIL JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE WOULD HAVE BEEN.IN MOST CASES OFFICERS ARE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD THEN CITIZENS, IF LOOKED INTO FAR ENOUGH THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT AND FIND OUT WHO ALL HELPED HIM AND COMMITTED SEVERAL CRIMES THEMSELVES WE WILL NOT LET THIS REST AND WILL CONTACT ROBERT COOPERS OFFICE IF HE HAS NOT RESIGNED BY THE 1ST OF APRIL.
heretiz

United States

#7 Mar 18, 2012
Equal treatment?>>>> Depends on who you are.
Think the County Mayor knows?
who knows

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2012
Who knows all the facts, he may have been forced to resign from the dtf. Because when he was hired by scso he was a detective in trousdale county. If this was that long ago he could have had it expunged from his record and then went to work for trousdale. There's a lot of law enforcement that have commited crimes in the past, had them expunged and then went back into law enforcement.

Cottontown, TN

#9 Mar 19, 2012
i know you all are talking about officers but its other offices here too.what abt the woman in the clerks office?she was on front page of the paper!!!!!!!!!she still works there!i think they are making sure she gets a chance to get all the money she needs
not all so true

United States

#10 Mar 19, 2012
No this shouldn't hurt hoppers re-election because of a mistake an officer made. People make mistakes all the time and are given second chances. I do know a dui can never be removed from your record. Here goes another stupid topic where most of the people on here are guilty of something they done wrong in their life but become quick to judge another. There are people towns even big cities where all of these same kind of things happen. Do you think because he done this that it don't make him good at his job? No the girl at the clerks office does not work there any longer. People now think about Hopper is doing an awesome job...!!!! Why can't everyone just get along and everyone wonders why this town is like it is. Most of the things posted on here are not even nowhere near the truth.
you think

United States

#11 Mar 19, 2012
Not the people I've talked to
preacherman

White House, TN

#12 Mar 19, 2012
is it the truth or not? i really don't care but would like to know now
yep

Cassville, GA

#13 Mar 19, 2012
A lot of the things mentioned are true facts I just checked into it. I am sure hopper didn't know before he hired him but maybe he likes the way he works. Maybe he gets the job done. I am sure you have skeletons too. Don't go blaming this on hopper if everything was kept hidden how was he supposed to know.
wrong

Portland, TN

#14 Mar 19, 2012
guest wrote:
i know you all are talking about officers but its other offices here too.what abt the woman in the clerks office?she was on front page of the paper!!!!!!!!!she still works there!i think they are making sure she gets a chance to get all the money she needs
If you are talking about CIRCUIT COURT CLERK office SHE was FIRED
Immediately, when this was made known to MYRA HARDCASTLE. Get your
FACTS RIGHT BUBBA!!!!
JUST THE FACTS

UK

#15 Mar 19, 2012
No one is blaming Steve Hopper, I'm positive he did not know this even happen.
Steve is a good Sheriff and runs his office in a way that keeps the people of Smith County happy and is involved in the community more then any other Sheriff has in many years and his door is open to anyone who need to talk to him.
Question is what will he do with the infomation now he has it? I'm sure he likes "kit" and feels he does a good job, but right is right and wrong is wrong and he has a conviction that should not allow him to keep his job simple as that, for as MR.Jenkins gives the S.C.S.O. a bad name.
In my opinion he will be fired or in jail within a year we know more on him that we will not say at this time cause if this don't get him the next thing we post will!
JUST THE FACTS

UK

#16 Mar 19, 2012
I know Mr. Jenkins can get a court order to get an IP address but for personal use on county time i don't know? So good luck with that and finding my IP address bounces from county to county every minute so good luck with that too, im sure he is looking hard to find out who is starting all this and wanting me to stop, the truth hurt's old pal.
Sam Crow

White House, TN

#17 Mar 19, 2012
after reading this whole page i just found something that makes no sense to me, it say's he was 29 years old then but his charge was amended from dui to dwi and that cant be possible cause dwi is for people under 21 i know this for a fact so someone in trousdale county pulled some strings there too. very interesting how can the county even insure him with this conviction?
Sam Crow

White House, TN

#18 Mar 19, 2012
found this

Must be a U.S. citizen, honorably discharged from the U.S. armed forces (if applicable), and at least 21 years old and under the age of 40. Prior certified police experience may overide age requirement. Must have a high school diploma or GED. Candidates who have college degrees, honorable military service or certified law enforcement experience will be given preference. Must not have been convicted of or plead guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or violation of any federal or
state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substances and meet any other standards as set forth in Tennessee Code Annotated Section #38-8-106.
looks like to me he is not allowed to even be a cop
wsht

Timmonsville, SC

#19 Mar 20, 2012
Whats new in this county? Everything seems to be under the table. You can go to any office and find it. Sheriff Department is no different . He is most likely not the only one with that kind of issue, working there. Also a convicted felon is not supposed to carry a gun? The department is liable, as it stands with that. Sounds like" just the facts" is after his job. The old pal statement appears to be a clue to all this. Must be the Karma thing coming around. I remember a felon working there for several years, under a prior Sheriff. It was well know. People just liked him and didnt press the issue. Like I said, everything under the table is normal here.
dunnit

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Mar 20, 2012
Sounds like to me that some1 is trying to stir dodoo up. CANT u folks be content..betcha whoever started this forum is n trouble and they r tryn to get folks to look @ Mr. JENKINS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Sat Trump Supporter 10
Anastasia Coleman Sat walmartmanager 97
Mindy Washer Fri anonamous 18
Jay Holland Jul 22 Just digusted 6
Lee Evans Jul 22 Henry 11
those who talk shit about bernie! (Apr '10) Jul 21 Franklin hater 28
pain clinic (Jan '15) Jul 21 Very Concerned 16

Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance