The damn baptist are at it again

Posted in the Carthage Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Proud Methodist

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2012
The West Boro Baptist Chuch is planning on protesting the funerals of those that were killed at the Sandy Hook elementary school. I plan on getting groups together to block the protestors and making sure the families of those murdered get the respect they deserve at the funerals.
I don't know when/where the protests will take place yet, but I will alert everybody when I find out. Any information will help. These are PEACEFUL and we are there to honor those that were taken from us.
Please get as many people to join this event to stop the disrespectful WBC protestors. Thank you, any questions please message me.
How much lower can these Baptist go, If I had the denomination of Baptist on my religion I would change.
Mythbuster

Maxton, NC

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Proud Methodist wrote:
The West Boro Baptist Chuch is planning on protesting the funerals of those that were killed at the Sandy Hook elementary school. I plan on getting groups together to block the protestors and making sure the families of those murdered get the respect they deserve at the funerals.
I don't know when/where the protests will take place yet, but I will alert everybody when I find out. Any information will help. These are PEACEFUL and we are there to honor those that were taken from us.
Please get as many people to join this event to stop the disrespectful WBC protestors. Thank you, any questions please message me.
How much lower can these Baptist go, If I had the denomination of Baptist on my religion I would change.
Yes it is very disrespectful and a sad loss of innocent life. The problem is they have just as much right to voice their religious beliefs as you or any other fundie nut job. There is over 30,000 denominations in Christianity alone. There have been thousands of Gods past and present with many much older than yours. So until the majority of the world figures out all religions were created by men we all suffer with wars and planes flying into buildings over who has the best imaginary friend.

When the teacher saw one of the first children killed and prayed to God for help why did he do nothing? 27 innocent people slowly died one by one with no help from your man made God. You like to brag how God answers silly prayers like helping you find lost car keys but he could care less that 5 yr olds were shot in the head. The shooter was born with a mental illness just like some babies are born with birth defects or some people are born gay. If God created them they wouldn't be flawed but nature on the other hand is not perfect. You gotta love living in the middle of the bible belt because we will be the last to give up the bronze age myth!
Proud Methodist

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Yes, God does care. They are sitting at the right hand of God and he has them in his care..While the rest of us are waiting on getting to heaven too. God doesn't hate gays, or fags, he just doesn't like their ways.
My point is these baptist even go to breast cancer clinics to protest.
well right is right and wrong is wrong. Also I saw not 1 Baptist at the memorial they had in Conneticutt On Sunday night.. Other faiths were their but not 1 of them.
Speaking Of

Jamestown, TN

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Speaking of right is right and wrong is wrong, do you really think God wants you looking down your nose at other believers? Westboro doesn't represent the Baptist denomination anymore than kool-aid cults and other extremist represent Christianity as a whole.

As for who was at the funeral, were they wearing signs or can you just tell one denomination from another?(You can't see this, but I'm rolling my eyes at you.)

I can just hope you're a random troll that likes to stir things up. It saddens me to think someone would actually think this way.
Sally

Lebanon, TN

#5 Dec 18, 2012
This Westboro " church " that protests at the funerals may call themselves Baptists if they desire or they may go so far as to call themselves Christians. No true Chritian would protest at the funeral of these precious children that lost their lives in such a horrible fashion. And as for there being no Baptists at the funeral, I'm not everyone was wearing a name tag to distinguish their faith. I am not a Baptist, I am a Christian and a child of God. We all serve the same God no matter what name we chose to put above the door of our church " buildings". This group is more of a cult than a church. The Bible teaches that in the last days there will be false prophets and that many will be deceived. Mythbuster, you seemed to have fallen prey to the false prophets and the teaching of the world. Please undrstand that the Bible teaches that there is only one unforgiveable sin.
Mythbuster

Charlotte, NC

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Proud Methodist wrote:
Yes, God does care. They are sitting at the right hand of God and he has them in his care..While the rest of us are waiting on getting to heaven too. God doesn't hate gays, or fags, he just doesn't like their ways.
well right is right and wrong is wrong. Also I saw not 1 Baptist at the memorial they had in Conneticutt On Sunday night.. Other faiths were their but not 1 of them.
Look I'm a former Christian so I understand that people are brainwashed at a young age to believe all this religious nonsense. I also know your religion is forced on you based on what country you happen to be born into and most never change. You Christians are the worst and you really crack me up. Most of you know very little of your own religion, who created it, why it was created and who benefited from it.

You are truly ignorant of Christianity if you think those kids are in heaven. Your own bible (even though its all man made mythology) says that nobody has ever gone to heaven except Jesus! That means the Ardipithicus Ramidus from 5 million years ago is worm food. Wait this will take to long lets jump to homo habilis from 2 million yrs ago, Homo Erectus, Homo Sapiens Archaic, Homo Sapiens Neaderthalis and Homo Sapiens 200k yrs ago to present (this is you). None of these went to your imaginary heaven. Jesus mom, dad, and John the Baptist all rotted in the ground just like these kids will.

I know its not your fault that your ignorant of religion. Religion is in a constant state of evolution just to survive and protect the cash cow that is commercial religion. Just a small sample of science forcing Christianity to evolve is the bible said the earth was flat, sit on pillars, didn't move, was at the center of the universe, God created the earth first (but the sun is 30 million years older), on and on. The good Christians then burned the young smart early scientists at the stake for proving the bible wrong. Some were forced to claim they were working for the devil to destroy the church! God bless you anyway!
Mythbuster

Charlotte, NC

#7 Dec 18, 2012
Sally wrote:
This Westboro " church " that protests at the funerals may call themselves Baptists if they desire or they may go so far as to call themselves Christians. No true Chritian would protest at the funeral of these precious children that lost their lives in such a horrible fashion. And as for there being no Baptists at the funeral, I'm not everyone was wearing a name tag to distinguish their faith. I am not a Baptist, I am a Christian and a child of God. We all serve the same God no matter what name we chose to put above the door of our church " buildings". This group is more of a cult than a church. The Bible teaches that in the last days there will be false prophets and that many will be deceived. Mythbuster, you seemed to have fallen prey to the false prophets and the teaching of the world. Please undrstand that the Bible teaches that there is only one unforgiveable sin.
Lord help me you pulled out the only unforgivable sin on me! Now I'm going to YOUR imaginary hell. No actually you committed the only unforgivable sin here is the proof!

"They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.(The Noble Quran, 5:73)"

Have a nice trip to hell! OK calm down boys and girls nobody is going to hell because its a myth. All words in all holy books are just words written by man. You couldn't pick which hell I go to anyway. I choose to go to one of the original forms of hell before yours was created. Like a cool damp hell, mere separation from God, freezing cold hell, temporary hell (God puts you in the corner) or one of the religions that had heaven only with no hell. They were not as effective as a lake of fire so religion evolved.

Now ask me why the verse I quoted above is more important to Christianity than any verse in the bible?
Speaking Of

Jamestown, TN

#8 Dec 18, 2012
Why don't I ask you instead what your problem is. I get you disagree. Okay. I'm sure people disagree with you too. Why all of the bitterness? Why do you feel obligated to rant so much or take away someone else's faith because you don't share it?

Was the rotting in the ground comment really needed? Even if you truly believe that, was it something that needed to be said, especially in reference to those children?

Why do you care if people find comfort in God? Whether you believe in heaven and hell or not, surely there is some sense of basic right or wrong.At least, one could only hope.
mytwosense

Gordonsville, TN

#9 Dec 18, 2012
Proud Methodist wrote:
How could you tell by looking at them if they were Baptist or Methodist or what?
Proud Methodist

United States

#10 Dec 18, 2012
mytwosense wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you tell by looking at them if they were Baptist or Methodist or what?
when they were on the podium the information was there and labled who they were.
mytwosense

Gordonsville, TN

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Proud Methodist wrote:
<quoted text>when they were on the podium the information was there and labled who they were.
Well, did everybody there have a podium?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 19, 2012
Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text> Lord help me you pulled out the only unforgivable sin on me! Now I'm going to YOUR imaginary hell. No actually you committed the only unforgivable sin here is the proof!
"They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.(The Noble Quran, 5:73)"
Have a nice trip to hell! OK calm down boys and girls nobody is going to hell because its a myth. All words in all holy books are just words written by man. You couldn't pick which hell I go to anyway. I choose to go to one of the original forms of hell before yours was created. Like a cool damp hell, mere separation from God, freezing cold hell, temporary hell (God puts you in the corner) or one of the religions that had heaven only with no hell. They were not as effective as a lake of fire so religion evolved.
Now ask me why the verse I quoted above is more important to Christianity than any verse in the bible?
Why is the verse quoted above more important to Christianity than any verse in the Bible?
Mythbuster

Charlotte, NC

#13 Dec 19, 2012
Speaking Of wrote:
Why don't I ask you instead what your problem is. I get you disagree. Okay. I'm sure people disagree with you too. Why all of the bitterness? Why do you feel obligated to rant so much or take away someone else's faith because you don't share it?
Was the rotting in the ground comment really needed? Even if you truly believe that, was it something that needed to be said, especially in reference to those children?
Why do you care if people find comfort in God? Whether you believe in heaven and hell or not, surely there is some sense of basic right or wrong.At least, one could only hope.
I could tell you exactly what my problem is but I'm not going to put personal info on here. I could tell you how much religion has cost me and still is every day. Someone would recognize me and ask why this? Why that? Lets just say that my life experiences have blessed me with the ability to see past my blinding faith, ask the hard questions and finally figure out religion. I'm here for a reason but its probably not what you think.

Don't worry about people losing their faith. The weak delusional fundamentalist's that really need faith will hold on no matter what anyone does or says. If someone does lose their faith I'm 100% sure it doesn't matter! In fact I know beyond the shadow of a doubt every religion ever created was man made and would bet the life of my entire family on it! If one of them were real you only have a lottery ticket and the odds are against you. All the religions of the world past and present and only you got it right?
Mythbuster

Charlotte, NC

#14 Dec 19, 2012
Speaking Of wrote:
The rot in the ground comment was a little harsh but it's true. Time for people to wake up! It was triggered by yet another Christian that knows nothing of their own religion that they mindlessly program into their children. I'm fully capable of destroying anybody's religion if they are capable of rational logical thought. I dismantled mine and it was stronger than most but that's not why I'm here. Why am I bitter? Wow where to start? I'm extremely upset that I followed a man made religion for so long without ever questioning where it came from, who created it and why! I'm extremely upset that I infected my children with the poison that is religion. I'm upset that religion has cost me over $800,000 (tithe invested in mutual fund compounded 6% annually) that could of went into my retirement fund.

So the problem lies with your mentality. What could it hurt to believe in a myth? The people like me with knowledge of the truth have always had an inverse Pascal's wager if you will but have always just kept quiet. Allowing the sheep to be used as pawns on the giant chest board that is global religion. We all suffer from the negative consequences whether we believe or not. I'm not an Atheist by the way. I don't know for sure that their is no God, I just know religion is man made. Nobody can prove God doesn't exist just like they can't prove Santa Clause or the tooth ferry is a myth!
Mythbuster

Charlotte, NC

#15 Dec 19, 2012
mytwosense wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, did everybody there have a podium?
Of course everybody didn't have a podium! Was there an Animism podium? What about Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Paganism or any other ancient religion you high jacked, plagiarized, copied or hostilely took over when you created yours?
Mythbuster

Charlotte, NC

#16 Dec 19, 2012
Mayor of Smiley Junction wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the verse quoted above more important to Christianity than any verse in the Bible?
First let me say that all past and present religions are man made so don't think I'm preaching Islam here. Islam is the fastest growing religion (except people with none) in the US and they are successfully using the man made Trinity doctrine to help their cause. They claim Jesus was just a prophet but his message was distorted by man so Mohammed was sent with the final revelation!

John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"

Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him,‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”

John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"

Matthew 24:36 Jesus said "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

That is just a few verses although there are many in Jesus own words but he never says he is God! The link below was offered as proof that the Trinity was a fabrication to solve problems with the very young religion. The Christian apologetics of course say that it wasn't inspired by God even though the first official cannon was not decided for well over 300 years after Jesus supposedly died. The ironic part is it was discovered by a Christian that didn't realize it would be used in Islam to convert Christians.

http://jesus-messiah.com/apologetics/catholic...
really

United States

#17 Dec 19, 2012
Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text> Of course everybody didn't have a podium! Was there an Animism podium? What about Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, Paganism or any other ancient religion you high jacked, plagiarized, copied or hostilely took over when you created yours?
I can tell who you are by the way you speak about religion.
Mythbuster

Charlotte, NC

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Mayor of Smiley Junction wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what it sounds like from a Muslim point of view.
"In the days of His flesh, He (Jesus) offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety" [Hebrews 5:7]

According to the distorted Christianity:
So God (Jesus) was praying with loud crying and tears to Himself asking Himself to save Himself from death!!
Then He heard the loud crying of Himself and accepted to answer Himself and to save Himself!!

This is a standard non believers point of view. It is sometimes called the schizophrenic trinity:
God created men and women with original sin. Then a talking snake convinced eve (who was actually steve because the genius that dreamed up this nonsense didn't know about DNA yet) to eat an apple. This was so bad the only way to fix this mess was to wait thousands of years and impregnate a virgin woman with himself as her child, so that he could be born. Once alive, he killed himself as a sacrifice to himself - to save you from the sin he originally condemned you to. Confused? Welcome to religion!

Location hidden

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text> This is what it sounds like from a Muslim point of view.
"In the days of His flesh, He (Jesus) offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety" [Hebrews 5:7]
So God (Jesus) was praying with loud crying and tears to Himself asking Himself to save Himself from death!!
Then He heard the loud crying of Himself and accepted to answer Himself and to save Himself!!
This is a standard non believers point of view. It is sometimes called the schizophrenic trinity:
God created men and women with original sin. Then a talking snake convinced eve (who was actually steve because the genius that dreamed up this nonsense didn't know about DNA yet) to eat an apple. This was so bad the only way to fix this mess was to wait thousands of years and impregnate a virgin woman with himself as her child, so that he could be born. Once alive, he killed himself as a sacrifice to himself - to save you from the sin he originally condemned you to. Confused? Welcome to religion!
Okay. I still don't understand how the verse,"They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.(The Noble Quran, 5:73)", is more important than any other verse in the Bible? I understand the points you made, but I'm not seeing the correlation between your points and the original question?

Location hidden

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Mythbuster wrote:
<quoted text> This is what it sounds like from a Muslim point of view.
I am not a typical Christian, in that I despise religion. I'm also quite progressive and therefore dismiss much of the ridiculousness associated with a 2,000+ book written by men. Nevertheless, I am a Christian, in that I follow the teachings of Christ (alone), which is why I asked you the question to your original post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Scoggins 7 hr Friend 4
In and out of jail Sat localcitizen 4
Student arrested? Feb 17 Again 8
black friday is raceist Feb 13 White And Proud 11
Well who is running for mayor of smith County? Feb 9 What 27
Attorney help Feb 7 Truth 9
Divorce Lawyer (Aug '17) Feb 7 CatfishHunter98 27

Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance