another scandal

Carthage, TN

#63 Nov 22, 2011
This is very sad for his family. It would be hard enough to learn this thing on your own but with the media involved it has to be so very painful for them. I went to school with Jeff. He was a good friend. Nice to everyone and the type of person that would do the right thing. So it is really hard to believe he would be a pedophile but then people change and you never know the internal issues people are dealing with inside. People do need to remember he has not yet been charged with being with a minor. The arrest was soliciting a prostitute. That is a minor legal offense (but embarrassing) but the situation appears to be that he was on the job when he did this. I am almost certain he will be fired if this is true. I personally think he should resign from the County Commission. It is embarrassing to the County and a distraction. He also needs to concentrate on his family and his issues. I know people are tired of these scandals but we need to remember there are real people behind these issues and the innocent suffer also. I pray no child sexual abuse happened because one time is too many!
personally

United States

#64 Nov 22, 2011
Wasnt this guy under longtime gamewarden, W.D. MELTON, who is sheriff of Overton County?
two faces

Goodlettsville, TN

#65 Nov 22, 2011
Carthage Christian wrote:
Does this slime ball have family that he's now betrayed?
Not only does he have family but a Church family. He is one of the
song leaders at Knob Springs Missionary Baptist at Hiwassie. I know
a very kind and loving lady that has been run to the Dogs by the
Winfree's, and others that are not Winfree's but related. Yes some
of them has spread Venom and lies,that were lies! In other
words did a character assisination on her among the families and
others.Stay tuned... their could be more Winfree stories told from long ago that got swept under the rug.Be careful who you high-hat
KARMA is bad!
abcd

Alexandria, TN

#66 Nov 22, 2011
Community members in Smith County are speaking out after an elected county leader was arrested for trying to buy the services of a male prostitute.
News of county commissioner Jeff Winfree's arrest has spread like wildfire in Smith County.
Joe Marlar says,“I guess I am pretty shocked I haven't lived out here maybe for a year or so and it seems like it's pretty quiet I didn't know that stuff like that went on out here.”
On October 25th... 47 year old Winfree, who is also in charge of hunting education programs at mid state schools for the TWRA, was arrested by Metro Police for allegedly engaging in sexual acts with a prostitute here at 857 Village Hills Drive..... 1 and a half miles from an elementary school...
According to a police affidavit a man notified police after he says he posted an add on Craigslist advertising adult services...
He says Winfree came to his home and paid him 20 dollars to perform a sexual act.
Winfree's constituents say they are disappointed and disgusted.
Jean Sircy says,“You expect people to take care of your people in your county and everything and then something like this happens and it just gets you down you just don't know what to think about anything anymore.”
Smith county Mayor Michael Nesbitt issued a statement saying "We are aware of the arrest, we have spoken with the county attorney and we are aware of the court date- we will continue to gather information and issue another statement at a later date."
But already many who live in the county are saying Winfree should step down.
Jean Holland says,“He shouldn't be in office I wouldn't know who would elect anybody to do something like that again.”
A court date for Jeff Winfree has been set for November 29th.
Smith County says it is not able to force a commissioner's resignation unless they are convicted of a felony.
trust very few

Goodlettsville, TN

#67 Nov 22, 2011
I believe Mr. Winfree is a Deacon and Song Leader
at his Church. No wonder good people want go to Church! This is an embrassment to his family and
everyone connected.
s c resident

Goodlettsville, TN

#68 Nov 22, 2011
guest wrote:
Its getting harder to live here, with the corruption leaking at the seams. I say fire him NOW! I wont forget at the polls if he is not fired. Hopefully I am not alone in my decision. Our Mayor best wake up and realize what they arrested him for is grounds for dismissal. Why drag this out? Have our elected officials become so corrupt they protect criminal activities within their ranks? Dont say its not criminal. He was arrested.

I am a life long s c resident. I can tell you that if it is hard to live here you will not be able to live anywhere. I know J w in passing, I have know his wife for years, she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and she does not deserve what jeff is bringing upon her. But I can tell you most people in smith county, including the elected officials want him to resign and, and I believe that will happen soon. Also I think if a child is involved most s c residents would be putting him under the jail. You, me, jeff make a decision everday what we will do wherther it be right or wrong, no one can choose for the other. So, don' t think you will run from sin, it is a part of life that none of us should like. But I know at this point nothing has been proven, if he has hurt children I hope they come forward and get the help they will need. I pray jeff tells the truth and pays his debt. For his family I am sorry you all are going thru this. We as a society must return to love thy neighbor as thyself. If we do that you will never want to hurt your family, a child or anyone else
agree

Portland, TN

#69 Nov 22, 2011
shineon wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were the only charge and he were found guilty I think that he should get whatever punishment that the court hands out whether that be jail or probation. And since he is a state employee and public servant he should at a minimum be ousted from his comissioner position and if the rules that the state have to abide by allow it he should also lose that job. I am and have not in any way defended his alledged actions and I do know that due process certainly moves way too slow at times but the officials are bound by it. I just hate to see his wife, kids, parents and friends (who must already be devastated) be subjected to more pain and ridicule than they must already be feeling. I have lived long enough to see that it might not always be "our way" but God does even the score.
I have read what everyone has to say and after reading yours I agree with you 100% Think everyone should consider the families first. Its got to devastating to have to deal with this much less people running their mouths about something we dont have all the facts on yet. I think we should try not to be as vocal until he is found either guilty ot innocent.
Brownie

Lebanon, TN

#70 Nov 22, 2011
He has resigned his commission position and TWRA position. Give it a rest
personally

United States

#71 Nov 22, 2011
My point is another darn Baptist.
wow

Scottsville, KY

#72 Nov 22, 2011
tufenuf wrote:
Who wants to bet it doesn't make the chickensh!t carthage courier?
Looks like it made the front page..Wonder if it will be in the Gordonsville paper?
bob

Goodlettsville, TN

#73 Nov 23, 2011
shineon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mean spirited person. His wife and kids have done nothing wrong. Hope your life is squeaky clean. His sins have found him out but so will yours. Karma is a bitch and so are yo u
i really love tht quote "karma is a b**** and so are you" tht made my day lol but i kno this guy and he always seemed like a good christian guy. he helped me get started hunting my family knows and loves his we were all just shoked when we heard this i really feel bad if his kids get on here but im praying for the family.
bob

Goodlettsville, TN

#74 Nov 23, 2011
tufenuf wrote:
Wow,I guess it is all just a big misunderstanding!TBI must have the wrong person and he and that little boy were just playing a late night game and locked the door because it was a two player only game.My bad
thts wat id say if i was in court lol
Joker

Sevierville, TN

#75 Nov 23, 2011
The Bible says they will come to you in " sheeps clothing but inside, they are as raging wolves ". How better to comitt the type of thing he has but to be in church and schools where victims are plentiful.

United States

#76 Nov 23, 2011
Just because one attends church. Is not a fact one is pure of heart. I am appalled ever time I hear, he is a good man. He is in church ever time the doors open. As you can see that dont qualify you being a good man or woman. Obviously you only get out of church what your heart puts into it. Dont go to church to show off your jewelry, designer clothes, car, or aid your community position. Let me also add socialize. God sees through your greedy heart. To wash your sins, you have to attend for the right reasons.To worship God. What you wear, drive, or community position, dont matter to God. Thats a blessing he has given you. Not something to be displayed for others to envy. It can all be taken away at a blink of the eye. Only two times in our life are we all equal. When we are born and when we die Dont compete with your neighbors. Obviously the devil grants material things. He will bankrupt a christian trying to compete, to break their faith in God. Its not about what you have, or what your public position is, its about who you are inside, and for your love of one another. Nothing a pastor or church can do can cure an evil heart. Your salvation lies within. Its all up to you. Do your best everyday to be a good man or woman. If we all did that we would see change, in our lives and our children.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#77 Nov 23, 2011
SmithCoRes wrote:
I am completely shocked about this and like many here, want him gone. With this said, he represents District 4, my district and I'm hear to say that as a commissioner, he has done a poor job, the roads are deplorable... Hell the whole freaken system is broke here. Its just a bunch of corrupt good ole boys politics.
Jeffery A. Winfree lives on Hiwassee Rd which is a pretty rough area to begin with. He won't serve any time for soliciting the services of a gay prostitute, but I suspect he will be run out town soon enough.
I feel bad for his family as they will be the one to suffer this humiliation.
If you saw the 3 story house he lives in and the other 2 and 3 story houses near him, you wouldn't say he lived in a "rough" area. By the way, I went to high school with Jeff for 4 years and I am absolutely SHOCKED! If there weren't charges filed and it was just talk, I would NEVER have believed it of him. Just goes to show that we don't always know people. It is sad for the others involved.

United States

#78 Nov 23, 2011
Brownie wrote:
He has resigned his commission position and TWRA position. Give it a rest
When was that confirmed?
personally

United States

#79 Nov 23, 2011
With him going n2 Nashville, i bet he hit the bars down there. He dont want the beer sales or bar to stay open so he votes against it, then turns around & goes 2 them else where. Maybe the next commissioner will do better.
agree

Portland, TN

#80 Nov 23, 2011
personally wrote:
With him going n2 Nashville, i bet he hit the bars down there. He dont want the beer sales or bar to stay open so he votes against it, then turns around & goes 2 them else where. Maybe the next commissioner will do better.
Where was it said that he was drinking??
beautiful truth

Hendersonville, TN

#81 Nov 23, 2011
guest wrote:
Just because one attends church. Is not a fact one is pure of heart. I am appalled ever time I hear, he is a good man. He is in church ever time the doors open. As you can see that dont qualify you being a good man or woman. Obviously you only get out of church what your heart puts into it. Dont go to church to show off your jewelry, designer clothes, car, or aid your community position. Let me also add socialize. God sees through your greedy heart. To wash your sins, you have to attend for the right reasons.To worship God. What you wear, drive, or community position, dont matter to God. Thats a blessing he has given you. Not something to be displayed for others to envy. It can all be taken away at a blink of the eye. Only two times in our life are we all equal. When we are born and when we die Dont compete with your neighbors. Obviously the devil grants material things. He will bankrupt a christian trying to compete, to break their faith in God. Its not about what you have, or what your public position is, its about who you are inside, and for your love of one another. Nothing a pastor or church can do can cure an evil heart. Your salvation lies within. Its all up to you. Do your best everyday to be a good man or woman. If we all did that we would see change, in our lives and our children.
Agree
personally

United States

#82 Nov 24, 2011
agree wrote:
<quoted text> Where was it said that he was drinking??
There r alot of ur officials who go down there so they can hide from people here seeing them..Believe me i have seen them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hands up..dont shoot 14 hr Mack 35
usps 16 hr Soooo 15
Misty shadix Fri Jesse Lopez 1
Ej anderson (Nov '11) Fri Know Him 11
who knows ej Anderson Fri Know Him 35
jackie wilburn funeral (Nov '11) Thu Truth 30
lying snitch never gets in trouble no matter wh... Thu well 4
More from around the web

Carthage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE