First Prev
of 4
Next Last
curiousmom

Morganton, NC

#1 Jun 19, 2011
ive been hearing of several students transferring from GHS to SCHS for fall, mostly freshmen, and others transferring to other schools, what's going on at GHS?
really

Livingston, TN

#2 Jun 19, 2011
And more are transferring from SCHS to GHS. Happens every year. Some of the kids going to SCHS from GHS came from SCHS and can't handle the smaller school setting. ANd GHS has more discipline.
ohreally

Batesburg, SC

#3 Jun 19, 2011
really wrote:
And more are transferring from SCHS to GHS. Happens every year. Some of the kids going to SCHS from GHS came from SCHS and can't handle the smaller school setting. ANd GHS has more discipline.
Not necessarily, I went to schs then ghs and back because of math class
dont agree

Carthage, TN

#4 Jun 19, 2011
I think there is more discipline and rules at SCHS but then again its a bigger school and it is probably more necessary because of that. People transfer back and forth for different reasons...academics, sports, boyfriends, falling out with friends, parents divorce, etc or actually moving.
Lo0Lo0

Nashville, TN

#5 Jun 19, 2011
really wrote:
The hell they do,.. SCHS has more discipline!! GHS dont care what the kids do, the teachers are doing the kids half the time.
drug buster

White House, TN

#6 Jun 19, 2011
you can take steroids and smoke pot without worry of punishment at schs as long as you are a contibutor to the football team. plus you don't even have to LIVE in smith county!
curious

Carthage, TN

#7 Jun 19, 2011
I love how drugbuster always knows the facts about SCHS football. I mean she has the downlow on all the supposed drug use of the Owls! How? Do you party with them or sell to them? Quit gossiping about high school students because unless you have seen it by partying with these kids or selling it to them, it is just rumors and you are just repeating what you have heard. I think adults should be responsible enough not to ruin reputations of young people without any real facts. Please stop it!
drug buster

White House, TN

#8 Jun 19, 2011
my sources are multiple students and teachers that don't know each other, but tell the exact same stories word for word. now STFU CURIOUS!!!!
REALLY CLOSE FRIEND

Madison, TN

#9 Aug 8, 2011
Actually,GHS is a very disciplined school ,very strict if you ask me, and none of the teachers are "DOING" there students you stupid retard.
Most of the time its because of family reasons or maybe just wanting to switch schools wanting to get away from drama,sports or boyfriends
Sam

Houston, TX

#10 Aug 9, 2011
Lo0Lo0 wrote:
<quoted text>
The hell they do,.. SCHS has more discipline!! GHS dont care what the kids do, the teachers are doing the kids half the time.
The 2nd part of that is so true.
wonderig

United States

#11 Aug 9, 2011
drug buster wrote:
you can take steroids and smoke pot without worry of punishment at schs as long as you are a contibutor to the football team. plus you don't even have to LIVE n smith county!
u need to check th class of 2010. I know for a fact that one of the football players was living in Lebanon. Just so hAppened he wasn't that good
Really

Livingston, TN

#12 Aug 9, 2011
I transferred my kids out of Carthage into G'ville because they were not getting an education. Pretty sad when you see the teachers from Carthage schools playing on facebook during the school day. G'ville has more discipline than SCHS. ANd none of the teachers are "doing" kids. That teacher is long gone. And the kids caught smoking pot at G'ville were sent to Alternative School. What about the kids at SCHS that brought moonshine to school in water bottles last spring? I did see them in court but the parents didn't care. So both schools have problems just some kids can't hack GHS.
rsooooooo

United States

#13 Aug 10, 2011
Y
Really wrote:
I transferred my kids out of Carthage into G'ville because they were not getting an education. Pretty sad when you see the teachers from Carthage schools playing on facebook during the school day. G'ville has more discipline than SCHS. ANd none of the teachers are "doing" kids. That teacher is long gone. And the kids caught smoking pot at G'ville were sent to Alternative School. What about the kids at SCHS that brought moonshine to school in water bottles last spring? I did see them in court but the parents didn't care. So both schools have problems just some kids can't hack GHS.
do you sit on,tour computer all day and see who is on Facebook??? And as far as parents not caring. I honestly don't see how you could read there minds. And alternative school is a joke. Think they should do drug testing on every teacher. In the county. I think thee would be a lot of failed test. Yeah disapline might be different but look at the size of the schools. I think if they started discipline kids at home and support the teachers the schools would be a. Better place. Just a thought
Um noooooo

Gordonsville, TN

#14 Aug 11, 2011
They are transfering out of GHS because of the amount of bullying in most cases. And I mean at least 3, I know of this year. And mine will be too if it doesn't stop. Teachers play favorits at GES And GHS. The kids are horrible to each other and no one does anything about it, unless it gets really bad. I had to threaten to call the police and file a formal complaint against a girl on the bus. Oh ea, they talked to her. And she was back at it again today. Kids couldn't even get to school before it starts. Even in GES it's terrible. Makes you wonder about what thier parents think? If I found out my kids were treating someone cruelly they would be making public apoligies and writing letters to the kids they hurt, and their parents. But not here, no. Just "Kids are kids"
"Well you know how kids are" Bullshit. So it's teach your child to be an ass, or how to punch the little shits right in the mouth. Home school, waatch them DREAD EVERYDAY...Or send them to Carthage.
concerned parent

Pageland, SC

#15 Aug 14, 2011
I believe all schools have some problems. The kids transferring from one to another probably is just something the student or parents do out of convenience, not something that can be blamed on an entire school. The one thing that I did read that I totally agree with is principal/teacher favoritism. My child attends SCMS, and often complains how children that are either related to the staff of schools or the ones from profitable families are the only kids chooses for the special activities. Sometimes you may think it just seems that way to a child but when news letters, annuals, and other school information is giving out and the parents also see that it is really happening, it makes you upset. If a student has already been chooses for special (fun) activities then pother students should be chooses for the next. After your kid has attended the school for 4yrs and still has never got to do any of the teacher picking student activities, and some of the same students get to do these projects all 4yrs then we have a problem that needs to addressed

Carthage, TN

#16 Aug 14, 2011
concerned parent wrote:
I believe all schools have some problems. The kids transferring from one to another probably is just something the student or parents do out of convenience, not something that can be blamed on an entire school. The one thing that I did read that I totally agree with is principal/teacher favoritism. My child attends SCMS, and often complains how children that are either related to the staff of schools or the ones from profitable families are the only kids chooses for the special activities. Sometimes you may think it just seems that way to a child but when news letters, annuals, and other school information is giving out and the parents also see that it is really happening, it makes you upset. If a student has already been chooses for special (fun) activities then pother students should be chooses for the next. After your kid has attended the school for 4yrs and still has never got to do any of the teacher picking student activities, and some of the same students get to do these projects all 4yrs then we have a problem that needs to addressed
I strongly agree with you,my daughter started the 5th grade at SCMS,and she comes home and tells me how the teachers have there picks,and who gets treated better than others,noone is better than anyone else,teachers/staff should not have there picks like they do...that makes childeren not wanna go to school and get an education...
jenn scalf

Jamestown, TN

#17 Aug 14, 2011
curious wrote:
I love how drugbuster always knows the facts about SCHS football. I mean she has the downlow on all the supposed drug use of the Owls! How? Do you party with them or sell to them? Quit gossiping about high school students because unless you have seen it by partying with these kids or selling it to them, it is just rumors and you are just repeating what you have heard. I think adults should be responsible enough not to ruin reputations of young people without any real facts. Please stop it!
the real drug buster, jennifer scalf, ME does not even use drug buster no more b/c everyone and there momma kept pretending to be me, so before you start in on me, get your facts straight! I only post under my real name now and havent been on here much. My son went to g-ville this year to play football. I wanted to go to g-ville as well to play basketball but could not b/c the bus would not come to my house. Maybe those kids transfering are being bullied, or just got friends they want to be with or something.
rrsooooooo

Dayton, TN

#19 Aug 17, 2011
Not just Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Yes! If the they have money, have a certain last name, know the parents from childhood. It's accepted here, so much it is pretended to be no big deal. But if you look at it for what it is, It's nuts! Mrs. Lacey just started last year I think?? That bitch rode my boy and a couple of others ALL year long. And the thing the kids had in common, none of them were from families she knew. She gave my son detention 5 times last year for missed assignments. We would check and double check he had it. It was the first thing he did when he got to school. But she kept saying he didn't! The last time this happened, the kids in the class told her they watched him turn it in. She didn't care. And I had like 4 kids come up to me and tell me at the softball game that they watched him turn it in! They saw him do it and she still said he didn't, and gave him detention, AGAIN! The way she talked to SOME of the kids. Makes you wonder who the hell the little bitch thinks she is?? Yea she is a real winner. Funny reading above posts. We are moving too, just to get my kids out of Smith county Schools!
if I was you I would hone school my child. Being from a family of many teachers. I know there are a few bad ones but on the whole there are some great teachers. Doesn't make once if you say he had island she says he didn't hmmm. Just wondering. Or better yet. You should see if you could teach a group of. Teen's for let's say 6 months then come back and talk to me.
Enough

Gordonsville, TN

#20 Aug 17, 2011
rrsooooooo wrote:
<quoted text> if I was you I would hone school my child. Being from a family of many teachers. I know there are a few bad ones but on the whole there are some great teachers. Doesn't make once if you say he had island she says he didn't hmmm. Just wondering. Or better yet. You should see if you could teach a group of. Teen's for let's say 6 months then come back and talk to me.
Your an idiot I suppose your suggesting my son is liar? Or all of my family who checked and double checked? Or all the kids who stood up for him?? HMmmm Anyway you dumb ass...I'm not going to home school my child because of one lousy, incapable teacher out of the many amazing and wonderful teachers he has in his 7 years of school. And I doubt I would glean any more experience teaching say um... "teenagers" in a class setting, than I have being a teen counselor, drug and victim assist, GED instructor for teens out of the system program, and a youth probation officer for more than 20 years. So let's say you know what you are talking about before you say it. Speaking of not knowing what your talking about, what the hell does "island" and "doesn't make once"??? mean?
Oh please

Gordonsville, TN

#21 Aug 17, 2011
rrsooooooo wrote:
<quoted text> if I was you I would hone school my child. Being from a family of many teachers. I know there are a few bad ones but on the whole there are some great teachers. Doesn't make once if you say he had island she says he didn't hmmm. Just wondering. Or better yet. You should see if you could teach a group of. Teen's for let's say 6 months then come back and talk to me.
Of course your right. All the kids and parents are nothing but liars! Well, except for the the Vadens, Masseys, Pritchards, and oh maybe just about 10- 15 more. You either do not have a child in smith co. schools or you work there. And if you do work there? Please tell Mrs. Lankford, if she humiliates my daughter in class again...and tells her NOT to tell us! I'm going to press charges

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 14 min miss tuffet 152,388
jesus christ 33 min wondering 8
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 9,478
blessings 1 hr wondering 1
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Music and History... 8,647
apartments 11 hr jimbob 2
Beth Litchford 17 hr kricket39 8

Carthage Jobs

Carthage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carthage News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carthage

Personal Finance