First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carthage Resident

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2012
I think they have flipped there lid, turning the skating rink into a " bring your own bottle" night club! What's your thoughts?
Question

White House, TN

#2 Jul 17, 2012
Wasn't it a BYOB skating rink anyway?
jack

Brentwood, TN

#3 Jul 17, 2012
might as well be one, skating is a thing of the past. why else do you think they doing it for you dumb asses. its because no one goes skating anymore. I think it is a hell of an idea. I do believe if the folks in the town would have supported the rink it would not have become a BYOB club. No one to blame but the sorry ass people that live there that wouldn't support it. Now take your kids to the local red box and get a fucking movie. About time someone done something for the older crowd in that town. In my opinion they should have done it years ago.
jack

Brentwood, TN

#4 Jul 17, 2012
everyone used to bitch and say it was a bad place for kids, looks like to me the new pool hall that closed was the bad place. Everyone quit going skating because of the lies and rummors about the place. And now you all want to bitch that they wanting to turn it into something else. Get the fuck over it and ain't nothing no one can do to stop it. Like i said you all should have supported it instead of downing it.
Upstart

United States

#5 Jul 18, 2012
Just one more step towards a adult entertainment club!
Gordonsville Resident

Gordonsville, TN

#6 Jul 18, 2012
i thinks its a horrible idea-- If they would relocate i think the skating rink would be great for the kids-- i think its just in a bad location--as far as the BYOB Club after 9pm thats ridiculous-- the owner will see-- there will be cops there all the time-- then i am sure drugs will be invovlved as well !!
They Could

United States

#7 Jul 18, 2012
Rename it. Happy Va Jay Jay's !!!
Mike

Brentwood, TN

#8 Jul 18, 2012
there is nothing wrong about where it is. It has been there for a long,long time. I think it is a good idea. You all jelouse or what. I don't think the owner cares about what any of you think.I agree with jack, should have supported it instead of downing the place and it might not have become a BYOB club.
Mary

United States

#9 Jul 19, 2012
I agree with jack. You all didn't want to support the skating rink, so why are you all complaining about it becoming a BYOB night club for the older crowd. I think it is a great idea myself. It is a lot closer than driving to Lebanon or cookeville to party. Go for it is what I say. And all of you that have kids all I can say, you should have supported it instead of downing it.
boomboom

Portland, TN

#10 Jul 19, 2012
Mary wrote:
I agree with jack. You all didn't want to support the skating rink, so why are you all complaining about it becoming a BYOB night club for the older crowd. I think it is a great idea myself. It is a lot closer than driving to Lebanon or cookeville to party. Go for it is what I say. And all of you that have kids all I can say, you should have supported it instead of downing it.
can i say one thing DUI !!!!!
HISOCIETY

San Jose, CA

#11 Jul 19, 2012
All it takes in your town is one influential person say something is not worthy of thier money or of thier presence and you have domino effect. Nothing in your town will make it becuz everyone takes thier money to spend elswere instead of supporting your own town businesses. Your children are spoiled and run the homes!!! Take stand...the kids in your town drive nicer cars than thier own parents! What 16yr old kid deserves a 20thou$ car? What is even more of a joke is they expect it!! Your establishments wouldnt turn into slum if parents took stand in the homes and places thier kids hang out! Your game room and skate rings closing and turning into BARS are only results of the kids bringing drugs&alchol there in first place and the owners cant fight you parents who blame it on them!!! OPEN YOUR EYES!! You get what you create in a situation. You have no jobs in your county, you have officials stealing from your communities for personal gain. The people who can change your county are to selfish to do anything for anyone. Only things for them damn selves!
FACTS

White House, TN

#12 Jul 19, 2012
jack wrote:
everyone used to bitch and say it was a bad place for kids, looks like to me the new pool hall that closed was the bad place. Everyone quit going skating because of the lies and rummors about the place. And now you all want to bitch that they wanting to turn it into something else. Get the fuck over it and ain't nothing no one can do to stop it. Like i said you all should have supported it instead of downing it.

I DID support it! and let me tell you not everthing was lies and rumors! I saw A LOT with my own eyes. It wasnt a fit place for children or teens anymore. They let the misfits take over and no decent parent would let their child go
Mary

United States

#13 Jul 19, 2012
That's not true, there is nothing that goes on there that you probably did yourself when you were a teenager. All of you parents want to fuss everytime you go there because you seen some teenagers kissing and you dont want your little kids seeing it. Boo Hoo. It is not there fault and it is not there place to raise your kids. That is where you all fail as parents not teaching your kids how to act out in public. At least the ones that do go there are not on any back roads getting knocked up. Or out running around getting drunk or doing drugs.
Upstart

United States

#14 Jul 19, 2012
Well the kids won't be there anymore whatsoever!
Maybe Carthage will survive yet!
Can these bible thumpers live in a " Party Town"
Somebody better cut digger in on this or get ready for the "Church Response"
They will fight this!!!!!!
Mary

United States

#15 Jul 19, 2012
I have heard all the stories to, but I'm not a gullible person. like kids having sex there and the owners don't care. Please he'll when I was a teenager and could go to a place where the owners didn't care about me having sex with my boyfriend I would have been there every time the doors were open. So that lie is not true, because there is not that many teenagers that go there. Where is your proof can you show pictures of the things that you say go on in there. Then you should have no problem about it being turned into a BYOB night club for all of us older people then.
saved1

United States

#17 Jul 19, 2012
Upstart wrote:
Well the kids won't be there anymore whatsoever!
Maybe Carthage will survive yet!
Can these bible thumpers live in a " Party Town"
Somebody better cut digger in on this or get ready for the "Church Response"
They will fight this!!!!!!
Party town what a joke, I hope the churches will fight it.
FACT

White House, TN

#18 Jul 19, 2012
Mary wrote:
That's not true, there is nothing that goes on there that you probably did yourself when you were a teenager. All of you parents want to fuss everytime you go there because you seen some teenagers kissing and you dont want your little kids seeing it. Boo Hoo. It is not there fault and it is not there place to raise your kids. That is where you all fail as parents not teaching your kids how to act out in public. At least the ones that do go there are not on any back roads getting knocked up. Or out running around getting drunk or doing drugs.
It IS true, how can you say it isnt? Do you know what I saw? I didnt say so how could you possibly say it isnt true! You CANT so thats that. What made me stop taking my TEENS there was not related to sex in any way. It was drugs and drinking. I SAW kids go out to the parking lot, drink enough to stumble and slur then waltz right back in. I know the owners cant watch everything all the time, but after the 3rd week in a row it happened, I was done! I only saw kids outside smoking weed one time, but isnt that enough?

Whether it happened when we were kids or not is irrelavent, its wrong.
Happy J

United States

#19 Jul 19, 2012
Will not do any good, only I can stop it and I'm not going to. I can let anybody that is old enough to drink come in and drink their beer or liqour. Im not selling it so nothing ileagal about it. So get over it.
FACT

White House, TN

#20 Jul 19, 2012
Mary wrote:
Where is your proof can you show pictures of the things that you say go on in there.
seriously? pictures, thats illegal. Im not a stalker or a pedofile!
Happy J

United States

#21 Jul 19, 2012
I can say that I seen big foot, but without proof of it, it doesn't exist. They are your kids not mine. Raising starts at home. Any trouble that started there was first started somewhere else and brought here. If you going to blame someone it is you as parents. When you here a kid use foul language he or she most likely herd it at home first. If you seen a kid smoking anything it more likely started at home. And if you think your kids are saints you are fools yourselfs. You have no clue what they do when they are not with you. Most likely on some back road drinking, drugs, or having sex, but I guess that is our fault to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mindy Washer 49 min Haa 1
Information on Miss Smith County Pageant from 1... 2 hr CatWat 1
chris roach and danielle roach 6 hr bubbagump_92 4
Jay Holland 20 hr wondering 1
Robin Woodard in jail again with a black eye Fri Gville resident 4
Rent A Large Wood Chipper Fri Miserable 1
tim butler Jun 21 Tim butler 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carthage Mortgages