not true

Manchester, TN

#21 Jun 20, 2012
I would suggest that you educate yourself on this matter before trying to debate something you seem to know very little about.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#22 Jun 21, 2012
I would say it is very dangerous from reading all of this.
Farm boy

Charlotte, NC

#23 Jun 21, 2012
A mine is not a human beings real atmosphere
The air has to be circulated and other things before man can survive down there
Do you (miner) not realize that man made machines provide the surroundings where your working the ability to sustain your life?
Everything man made is subject to failure- remember the Titanic
lol

Manchester, TN

#24 Jun 21, 2012
I don't know ONE person that says there is no dangers. But the reason given, earthquakes, rivers caving in, are hilarious. The biggest danger for most miners down their are spraining there ankle, tripping over something, etc. Zinc mining is NOTHING like coal mining, which IS much more dangerous work. But hell if you are afraid to breathe then mining isn't for you. If you are really a farm boy them you'll know that farming also has many dangers. Grow a pair and stick with what you know.
tufenuf

Shelbyville, TN

#25 Jun 22, 2012
Just curious...how many have lost their lives in the mine and how many have had serious injuries?
Gordensville Driller

Clarksville, TN

#26 Jun 22, 2012
old guy in town wrote:
<quoted text>Where on I-40 can a person fall thousands of feet down a elevator shaft or drown from water rushing into tunnels? Not to mention being blown up from a explosion or crushed in a rockslide or suffocated from poisonous gases or ran over by a coworker on mining equipment in close confines of a tunnel. I've worked there and its dangerous as hell !!!!
Not that damn danerous dude. yea shit happens and you are the one to prevent shit like that from happening as well as your co workers. i have to say that this company and the supervisors care about your safty and if they catch you doing somehing unsafe then you gone from here with out question. you might have worked here but there is no sence in messing with a miners wifes head who already has worry. miners wife you shouldnt have too much to worry about we look after each other underground. he will be just fine.
miner wife

Gainesboro, TN

#27 Jun 22, 2012
I started this thread almost a year ago because I was so worried. I still worry everyday, I can't forget my cell phone when I go to work. I always turn around and go get it because I worry something will happen. If it rings at work I answer even though I am not suppose to. I think nights are the worst one night my phone rung late and I was scared to death to answer and scared not to. I think I will always worry but it is some better. Thanks Gordonsville driller for trying to ease the worry a little. I still check this site everyday to make sure someone didn't post a accident and I didn't hear about it cause I was at work. It is still very hard to watch him leave because I think he might not be back.
gordensville driller

Chicago, IL

#28 Jun 22, 2012
miner wife wrote:
I started this thread almost a year ago because I was so worried. I still worry everyday, I can't forget my cell phone when I go to work. I always turn around and go get it because I worry something will happen. If it rings at work I answer even though I am not suppose to. I think nights are the worst one night my phone rung late and I was scared to death to answer and scared not to. I think I will always worry but it is some better. Thanks Gordonsville driller for trying to ease the worry a little. I still check this site everyday to make sure someone didn't post a accident and I didn't hear about it cause I was at work. It is still very hard to watch him leave because I think he might not be back.
its no probab I love my job as well as others here keep your love for him. we are thinking about ya
Truthful

Charlotte, NC

#29 Jun 22, 2012
If accident happens at that mine you may not even have to worry about final arrangements because they might not even recover the remains!
Realality bites

Carrollton, GA

#30 Jun 24, 2012
You may have trouble collecting insurance benefits without a body!!
Ain't no way in hell would I ever put my family's well being in jeapordy by going down in that hole!
Miners Wife 2

Rickman, TN

#31 Jul 27, 2012
Miners Wife, my husband works in the mine as well. He has been there for a while now and I won't lie, I worried myself sick when he first started but you can't drive yourself crazy. They have very strict rules when it comes to safety. The mine is no more dangerous than cutting off a finger or even a limb or getting stuff into your eyes in a factory or even working on a road construction crew and getting ran over by a crazy person. Worry is normal when someone you love is in this line of work. Accidents can happen but accidents can happen ANYWHERE!!! Here's a helpful tip....don't think about what COULD happen, you'll only scare yourself crazy. I wish you and your family much luck on your new adventure! Be well!
Miners Wife 2

Rickman, TN

#32 Jul 27, 2012
Um...lol just finished reading the posts and didn't realize this was started a year ago.
truck driver

United States

#33 Sep 18, 2012
Heard they was hiring a bunch more hands in the mines. Is that true. Looking for a job around westmoreland tn.
beware

United States

#34 Sep 18, 2012
Beware the broke back miner! He tries to have sex with men down there in the dark. He posts ads on craigslist.
Mr X

Clarksville, TN

#35 Oct 1, 2012
The mine is not all that inherently dangerous...It's all the monkeys they hire that make it a dangerous place to be. I've worked here on and off again since the mid nineties and never have I had a serious accident.
Sister of a Miner

Cookeville, TN

#36 Nov 5, 2012
My brother has worked underground at the Zinc Mine for several years. I know several of the guys that work there as well. Im sure there are some dangers but I'm proud of him for doing a job most are to scared to do!
Inbreaded

Boiling Springs, SC

#37 Nov 5, 2012
Better things to do for more $$$$$
cookeville

Cookeville, TN

#38 Dec 26, 2012
gordensville driller wrote:
<quoted text>
its no probab I love my job as well as others here keep your love for him. we are thinking about ya
I would love to work there I'm going to try an get an application in tomorro at the career center, are y'all needing any new good workers round there?
Do you want to live

High Point, NC

#39 Dec 29, 2012
Cave ins,drowning by instant flooding, earthquakes, gas explosions, death by poison gas buildup and many more reasons that they don't make nearly enough money to risk life and limb to work there
SJC

Cookeville, TN

#40 Dec 29, 2012
It is more dangerous driving on the Interstate than working underground. Most all accidents at the mine are due to the unsafe act of someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
apartments 16 min jimbob 2
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 52 min WTSenior 152,333
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr qwerty 9,475
Beth Litchford 6 hr kricket39 8
Cumberland Supply 8 hr Toot my horn too 4
Rachel Upchurch 9 hr xfriend 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 10 hr TheRealZeke 8,645

Carthage Jobs

Carthage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carthage News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carthage

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]