P&C workers facing diverse futures

P&C workers facing diverse futures

There are 5 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Apr 5, 2010, titled P&C workers facing diverse futures. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

Timothy J. and Kimberly J. Staie, Ogdensburg, will lose their jobs this week when north country P&C stores shut down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

Since: Apr 10

Is it my birthday?

#2 Apr 7, 2010
What's amazing to me is that there are four higher education institutions nearby and yet people are f*cked because they lost their job at a grocery store. Christ.
Unknown

Ogdensburg, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2010
Yeah there are "4 higher education institutions nearby"..but if these ppl lost their jobs, they are going to be struggling to support themselves & their families, let alone pay to go to these institutions..& you word it like their job wasn't sh*t because it was just working at a grocery store..well, they had a union and were paid pretty well, w/full health benefits at no cost to them, so ya they are f*cked now that they lost all of that.

Since: Apr 10

Is it my birthday?

#4 Apr 7, 2010
They probably were paid well, but when you depend on a job that doesn't require a specific skill set (ie - they can train anyone on the street to do it) you are setting yourself up for failure.

And if they're really that screwed, then they're going to be on welfare. Instead of just sitting on welfare doing nothing they could go to school so that their next job has more security. Or at the very least it would be easier for them to find a job somewhere else.
RJF

United States

#6 Apr 7, 2010
Interesting DeshanesRule, I pictured you much more uglier than that avatar you currently are using.

Don't flatter your self.

If you are part of, or related to, that clan in Massena, it looks like your children have been or will be doomed as well!
Wellll

Adams Center, NY

#7 Apr 16, 2010
DeshanesRule wrote:
They probably were paid well, but when you depend on a job that doesn't require a specific skill set (ie - they can train anyone on the street to do it) you are setting yourself up for failure.
And if they're really that screwed, then they're going to be on welfare. Instead of just sitting on welfare doing nothing they could go to school so that their next job has more security. Or at the very least it would be easier for them to find a job somewhere else.
I must say one thing. If it wasn't for those who worked at grocery stores you would be screwed. If people didn't work there then you wouldn't be able to go buy yourself something to eat. So what would you do then? You ever realize when you diss the type of jobs people have your making an idiot of yourself. Obviously if it wasn't for someone anyone working at those places then you as a consumer wouldn't be able to go buy the products you need to survive. Awe small minded stupid people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Country manor Tue Happily married 1
News Three charged with meth-making following downto... (May '16) Sun WHnO 50
News Two Natural Bridge men arrested, charged with b... Sun Gabberz 1
News Private submarine feared missing in Denmark fou... Aug 12 Bovenzi13 4
News Family, police search for Cortland man who disa... Aug 12 kenny 31
News Family of four escapes Carthage house fire; use... Jul 28 Definition of Ins... 2
drug addicts robbing houses Jul '17 sick of it 1

Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carthage Mortgages