Limiting Healthcare
Tug Hill Urgent Care

Keeseville, NY

#1 Oct 25, 2008
A new medical urgent care center opened in Lowville in the beginning of October. Unfortunately for them, several of their employees hired to work there also work in our local hospitals. Unfortunately, they were informed by management of the hospitals that they would not be allowed to moonlight at this urgnent care practice and stay employed at the hospitals.

It appears that the hospital is violating the rights of these individuas by dictating when and where they can work on their free time.

It shocks me that healthcare facilities that continually boast that they are trying to increase healthcare services in this area would do just the opposite.

I want to express my support for the new practice and know that they will overcome this obstacle.
AliBGoode

North Bay, NY

#2 Oct 27, 2008
Unfortunately, the hospital is allowed to give them that message. When employed by a facility, employees cannot participate in a "conflict of interest." In this case the urgent care center. Healthcare, long ago, lost any role in getting healthcare to the people. Now it is a money maker for healthcare facilities! Doctors, NPs, PAs, nurses, and all therapists are governed by big business. We all lose out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three charged with meth-making following downto... Jun 25 Bahahahaha 48
News Photographer and firefighter joins passions to ... Jun 24 Nudes 4
Judy McAllister Jun 10 Tonya 1
harboring a 15 year old run away Jun 1 Sad Ending 5
Fort Drum Hookups May '16 Horny 2
Mike bolillo fire May '16 old timer 21
christopher patterson (Sep '15) May '16 Adam 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carthage Mortgages