Carthage teen jailed on manslaughter charge from Denmark hunting accident

Oct 25, 2011 Full story: Watertown Daily Times 25

A Carthage teen has been jailed on a manslaughter charge following a fatal hunting accident Sunday evening on land off Station Road in the town of Denmark.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wow

Constableville, NY

#21 Oct 28, 2011
OMG Herman Munster and I agree on something? Some one alert the media :)
Herman Munster

Massena, NY

#22 Oct 28, 2011
Copy and paste this link into your internet browser..........

http://www.motivationalvideos.windhoster.com/...

It pretty much tells the story!
i agree

Watertown, NY

#23 Oct 28, 2011
Justwondering wrote:
When you take a firearm into your hands the responsibility you take is enormous. The young man charged should not have shot at a noise, quite plain and simple if he had identified what he was shooting at before he shot then this traqedy would not have happened.
i agree with you, i couldnt have said it better myself.
Curious

Fort Plain, NY

#24 Oct 28, 2011
Hunting rifles do not have to be registered to anyone...don't know about the license, if he had or had not....I am pretty sure he didn't do this on purpose. He is a child, someones child, maybe yours....did he not have the correct training? Could he have problems with his eyesight? I s he a criminal....NOOOO! Don't judge till you walk in his shoes.
my uncle

Asheville, NC

#25 Oct 29, 2011
It was 6:15pm in the afternoon, the MAN was my uncle!! He was standing in the middle of an open field, and the 19 yr old had a gun with a scope last time I checked a scope was pretty much like binoculars so how could he mistake a human for a deer?? I understand he was my uncle's best friends son and I'm pretty sure this boy will never be the same, I just don't understand how he could mistake a human for a deer when he was just standing right there in plain sight no bushes or trees nothing around him, it wasn't like he just came out of the woods he was right in the middle of the field, the boy had to focus before he could even shoot the gun?? someone please help me understand cause i don't see how he could shoot when he had a scope????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sled drags - part 2 14 hr So Wrong 7
Gay bath house? Feb 23 truthhurts 2
Watertown Pediatric Dentistry hosts open house,... (Aug '13) Feb 12 Derrick Sly 9
Fort Drum solider arrested for criminal sex act... (Jul '12) Feb 10 Redd 15
village resident and tax payer of both Feb 8 Angst with NY 12
Woman Accosted at Funeral Feb 7 heythere 8
Sled drags Jan '15 Hurting 2
Carthage Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carthage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News