Mother, Daughter Killed in Car Accident

Mother, Daughter Killed in Car Accident

There are 37 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Dec 11, 2009, titled Mother, Daughter Killed in Car Accident. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A car accident on Interstate 85/40 Friday morning killed a mother and her daughter, according to North Carolina state highway patrol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Letha

Cary, NC

#21 Dec 14, 2009
STK wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Do you know of some unreported evidence that indicates this is his fault?
By the way, how long have you been driving? I have been for 20 years and, when someone is hit from behind, it is the fault of the driver that hits them 99% of the time. Plus, considering the circumstances, I'd have to say this guy had to be doing something else while he drove and going pretty darn fast, to boot.
Ade

United States

#22 Dec 14, 2009
Keisha: The prayers of myself and my family are with you. High School was a while ago and while we did not hang out as kids...I remember your face and smile around the school. I hope that you and your baby rest in peace. God Bless you. Your Brooklyn, New York Family.
CCE

Salisbury, MD

#23 Dec 14, 2009
From what I understand, the speed limit on that HWY is "pretty darn fast". Diving the speed limit at night and coming up on a stopped car in the roadway may be too fast to react with a loaded truck. The whole thing is tragic for all parties involved. Unfortuantly she didn't pull over, unfortuantly he couldn't stop in time. It sounds like it took both events to make this accident happen. My beilief is that if it hadn't been this driver it would have been another one. God had decided it was their time to go. My hope is that the family and friends find comfort in the memories of the time spent with the mother and child and that the driver is able to cope with this tragic event. From what I understand he is a very good man.
Sad

Raleigh, NC

#24 Dec 14, 2009
This is such a sad story. I feel so bad for the families.
Poplar Grove Head Start

Kernersville, NC

#25 Dec 15, 2009
Najaiah was a very special girl to us. She was always so sweet, intelligent, and well mannered. She always brought a smile to our faces. We will miss her and her mother very much.
Nicole

Cary, NC

#26 Dec 16, 2009
southern b wrote:
I sure hope that accident is checked, it seems if she is a single mom might be sbject to car trouble especial at pell grant time.
You need to get your head out your butt. One she was not a single mom so get it right. we see you do not a heart for you to commet to this tragdey. You not even considering the family feelings. My sister was a high spirited person loving , caring and she was suppose been getting married in june. My niece was like my own child my little baby. This man have taking them away. How do you think we suppose to feel.
Open your eyes

Raleigh, NC

#27 Dec 16, 2009
southern b wrote:
I sure hope that accident is checked, it seems if she is a single mom might be sbject to car trouble especial at pell grant time.
I can only guess what the b stands for. You could use some additional help in writing and compassion yourself.
Cousin Anita

New York, NY

#28 Dec 17, 2009
For someone to make light of a situation that is so devastating to the family of Kanesha and Najaiah is asinine. Please know that they were loved, a beacon of light to our family and 2 very precious gems in our family crown. We loved every inch of them and they will be sorely missed. Thank you to everyone who prayed for our family and I ask for your continued prayers for the deceased so that the souls of Kanesha and Najaiah shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I will pray for the person with the strange remarks regarding the Pell Grant.
cleopatra codrington

New York, NY

#29 Dec 17, 2009
auntie keisha and cousin najaiah you both made a big impact in my life.my world was turn upside down when they told me the news i could barely stand at work to know that the two perfect people on god green earth would leave their last impression there not one person one soul that can heal my heart where the both of you stood i wouldnt say our family had a lost because yall will always remain in our hearts and spirits the last thing you said to me was you love and lord knows that i love yall much.my angels who are in heaven watch over us as we go on in life and meet up with you again i love keisha jackson and najaiah fraustin-jackson may i meet in the next world
NameLess

Reidsville, NC

#30 Dec 17, 2009
cleopatra codrington wrote:
auntie keisha and cousin najaiah you both made a big impact in my life.my world was turn upside down when they told me the news i could barely stand at work to know that the two perfect people on god green earth would leave their last impression there not one person one soul that can heal my heart where the both of you stood i wouldnt say our family had a lost because yall will always remain in our hearts and spirits the last thing you said to me was you love and lord knows that i love yall much.my angels who are in heaven watch over us as we go on in life and meet up with you again i love keisha jackson and najaiah fraustin-jackson may i meet in the next world
God Bless you and your family through this hard time....may He give you strength...
Charlie

United States

#31 Dec 21, 2009
POW!!! CRASH, BOOOOOOM !!!!
Slow down people might live a little longer!
Charge the driver with murder, clean up crime asap!!!
Keishas cousin

Laurel, MD

#32 Dec 21, 2009
nameless wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of moms, is your's proud of having such a crass and tactless child?
Not everyone can afford a car payment and full coverage insurance!!!!Even if she did have a new car, the car could still break down!She did the best she could and was a great mother!!
Keishas cousin

Laurel, MD

#33 Dec 21, 2009
STK wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Do you know of some unreported evidence that indicates this is his fault?
Yeah... he should have been looking where he was going... If it was your family member you would not be saying that!
Keishas cousin

Laurel, MD

#34 Dec 21, 2009
meme0817 wrote:
I think that Southern B is stupid and the comment is stupid. How do you judge someone like that? I am a single mother of 2 kids and I think that its great. What did she do but break down and a truck hit her, whats that gotta do with pellgrants. That is a heartless comment and it was not needed. I send my deepest regrets to the family and wish them the best. I am so sorry that you lost a child, sister, friend or co-worker. You are in my prayers
Thank you!! we all appreciate your response to that stupid comment.
LYNN

Charlotte, NC

#35 Dec 28, 2009
I just heard of this today terrible terrible accident today. i have neverthis young Lady but I did meet her Sister today. As she told me what happened my heart began to pond and I started crying for her loss for the family. My condolences to this Family. I felt like it was my family, my hurt, my sister. my neice. I hurt so bad for her.. I will pray for their hurt to ease.For this special Family to find stength. I truely Love This Family for just their hurt..Please find comfort in the words in the Bible at Revelation 21:4 He will wipe out every tear from their eyes and Death will be no more..
Curtis

Freeport, NY

#36 Dec 30, 2009
Keisha was my best friend in high school and even though we lost touch over the years, I am deeply hurt by her passing. I just spoke to her not even a month ago and she was saying that she hoped to move back up to NyC in the springtime. I never got to meet her daughter, but I am keeping them both in my memories and heart. Eternally Rest In Peace Kanesha & Najaiah
Ellie

Cary, NC

#37 Jan 13, 2010
CCE wrote:
From what I understand, the speed limit on that HWY is "pretty darn fast". Diving the speed limit at night and coming up on a stopped car in the roadway may be too fast to react with a loaded truck. The whole thing is tragic for all parties involved. Unfortuantly she didn't pull over, unfortuantly he couldn't stop in time. It sounds like it took both events to make this accident happen. My beilief is that if it hadn't been this driver it would have been another one. God had decided it was their time to go. My hope is that the family and friends find comfort in the memories of the time spent with the mother and child and that the driver is able to cope with this tragic event. From what I understand he is a very good man.
I really have to disagree with you. I have driven that area many times and there is no obstruction of your view in the area where the accident occurred, nor is there any reason why the truckdriver could not have reacted in time to avoid the accident...even if she was stalled in the right lane. That is a four-lane highway. He could not have been paying attention for whatever reason be it dozing off, or looking at the radio or talking on the phone. I feel bad for him too but I do believe he holds full responsibility and needs to be charged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carthage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: BIT Security (Apr '11) 12 hr anon 28
Snitch list (Dec '14) Aug 12 Frankie moore 21
News Funeral Held for President of Hells Angels (Jul '09) Aug 2 Ddogg 143
Review: Terry Auto Outlet Aug 2 Cameron 1
Airport Construction Aug 1 IDK 1
News Hudson Opens Office in SCC Library Jul 25 Kevin Lewis 1
Boy (Aug '16) Jul 21 Aroundpti 6

Carthage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carthage Mortgages