outraged at the news over teacher?

outraged at the news over teacher?

Posted in the Carterville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
honest

United States

#1 Oct 5, 2011
I have heard so may say they are outraged at the news for doing a story on Linda walker....there should be no reason to be upset with the news team! This is in fact their job! I think the story was delicate and sensitive to peoples feelings....people need to realize that it is in fact news...not gossip as some say. If the suicide had been committed at her own home, then I can see where privacy would need to be respected. However, she made the decision to go as public as possible by doing this in a school of all places!!! So for those that do not like that it is made delicately public, sorry, but don't make the news crew out to be the bad guys....they did nothing wrong
why

Apopka, FL

#2 Oct 5, 2011
what was her problem
Anonymous

United States

#3 Oct 5, 2011
I am not sure. It is a very sad tragic story. I just know people are upset because it is getting talked about. If the news was considerate of everyones feelings then there would be no news. She was a nice woman, but to do this in a classroom where kindergarten kids are is upsetting to all.
hmm

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2011
When suicide is committed that person chooses how and when to die. This is a horrific tragedy. But to do this in a classroom where 5 year olds learn is unbelievable! Were there no signs? What causes someone to put this much emotional harm on children? Cville better be calling their lawyers. Won't be surprised if some parents sue the district. Can really say I would blame them. It is a horrific story for the family and students but news is just that. The news
sad

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2011
I agree it is sad. I also agree with the above. One of our children could have walked in there and found her. For everyone to say that it should not be talked about because she made such an impact on so many kids, do they not realize the permanent impact that is now with all kids that knew her. I mean your school really? The southern illinoisian is getting negative comments left and right....its the news people. I just feel bad for the other teacher that died and the respect and grieving was taken away from her because of this
Inky

Sesser, IL

#6 Oct 5, 2011
A caring teacher commits suicide in her classroom? So what if she was a Lesbian, something just doesn't add up to this. A big time investigation needs involved, maybe she knew too much?
CHS

Des Moines, IA

#7 Oct 5, 2011
Look, it isn't any of our business what her issues were. What mattered was that she touched A LOT of lives. I have not heard one bad word against her from teachers, students of hers, and parents alike. Its disrespectful to open a topic like this on a site such as this. She did not do this during school hours. It was after all students were home. All of Carterville is in mourning and the school district will have many people backing them up. No one knows what she was going through, but it doesn't make a difference now. All we can do is mourn a valuable and talented person that touched and inspired many young children. Please do not soil her good name or reputation as a teacher on the internet. Thank you from a proud CHS student.
Brandon

Marion, IL

#8 Oct 5, 2011
She took her own life in her kids classroom, what if a child had walked in and found her? I still suspect foul play, but you will never get the truth from Carterville. This whole thing stinks!!!!
Brandon

Marion, IL

#9 Oct 5, 2011
P.S. The town is mourning Lynn Barnes, who made a huge difference, and lived up to her reputation. I refuse to mourn a person who kills herself in a classroom where a child may have walked in and found her. Known fact she was a lesbian, but still, very selfish if it was suicide. I still think there is more to this story than we are being told..Thank YOU from a much older, wiser CHS Alumni
Brandon

Marion, IL

#10 Oct 5, 2011
hmm wrote:
When suicide is committed that person chooses how and when to die. This is a horrific tragedy. But to do this in a classroom where 5 year olds learn is unbelievable! Were there no signs? What causes someone to put this much emotional harm on children? Cville better be calling their lawyers. Won't be surprised if some parents sue the district. Can really say I would blame them. It is a horrific story for the family and students but news is just that. The news
AMEN!!!!
tax payer

United States

#11 Oct 5, 2011
it happened in a building that tax dollars pay for. The people have right to know what happened. If she did kill herself, well this is what she asked for. Anything else is a completly tragic. And I am sorry for those who love her. I would think they would want to know the correct answers of what happened. Also sorry that due to location.... It will be public...
need a monk

Marion, IL

#12 Oct 6, 2011
Inky wrote:
A caring teacher commits suicide in her classroom? So what if she was a Lesbian, something just doesn't add up to this. A big time investigation needs involved, maybe she knew too much?
I agree something just does not add up. People don't commit suicide because they are Lesbian. Seems like that is the easy route for the police to take. Murder does happen even in little quiet towns. Look at Murder She wrote. We need a Monk to look this case over. It simply does not add up. I don't care how many people disagree or think I am clueless. The facts in this case just do not add up. The more people try to cover up the more it looks like murder.
WHATTHEHELL

Memphis, TN

#13 Oct 6, 2011
This is crazy as HELL!!! Murder? She ODed on PILLS PEOPLE!!! She did us a favor knocking off before the kids came in that morning. Glad she didn't just decide to take out any of our area kids with her. Sick sick woman.
Cerise

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 6, 2011
First of all, there WERE kids in the school, Tri-C has an after-care program that runs until 5:30. Also I read elsewhere that she hung herself, not overdosed. While I am very sorry for her loved ones left to deal with this, it was truly horrible that she chose to carry out this act in the classroom. Also, Carterville is the poster child of everything wrong with small-town clique-ish behavior. And Kari Forby is a fat, disgusting cow.
CHS

Des Moines, IA

#15 Oct 6, 2011
I have attended the after care program in my elementary years. They children are kept in the cafeteria, gym, and taken outside. Very rarely do they take them into classrooms. You do not know the whole story. My family is close to very close friends of hers. She was having a tough time. Human beings are not perfect, okay? I thought that was a well known fact. It was a suicide. They would not lie about that. She did hang herself, and I know exactly how she did it and why. YOU DO NOT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY. I am asking as politely as I can for you who want to bash to please not do so. There are many people who were inspired by her, and she was a fantastic teacher and person. Instead of choosing to remember a mistake she made, why can't we remember all the good she did in her life? The good far outweighs the bad. It has been a rough week on Carterville, losing Lynn Byrnes and Linda Walker. You may choose to not mourn Ms. Walker, but please have respect for those who need to. Again, you do not know what was going on and everyone makes mistakes.
Beavis

Marion, IL

#16 Oct 6, 2011
CHS wrote:
I have attended the after care program in my elementary years. They children are kept in the cafeteria, gym, and taken outside. Very rarely do they take them into classrooms. You do not know the whole story. My family is close to very close friends of hers. She was having a tough time. Human beings are not perfect, okay? I thought that was a well known fact. It was a suicide. They would not lie about that. She did hang herself, and I know exactly how she did it and why. YOU DO NOT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY. I am asking as politely as I can for you who want to bash to please not do so. There are many people who were inspired by her, and she was a fantastic teacher and person. Instead of choosing to remember a mistake she made, why can't we remember all the good she did in her life? The good far outweighs the bad. It has been a rough week on Carterville, losing Lynn Byrnes and Linda Walker. You may choose to not mourn Ms. Walker, but please have respect for those who need to. Again, you do not know what was going on and everyone makes mistakes.
Kari (Shasteen) Forby comes from a POS Family, they did time in prison for ripping off senior citizens. Hey, and how and why did (Walker)she do it? An innocent child could have walked in and found her. You claim to know Walker so well, why did she do it where she did? A selfish, self-centered person would do what she did, was she trying to steal Lynn Barnes' thunder the day she was buried??? Known fact Walker was a lesbian, did someone try to rat her out or what? You seem to know so much., do tell the facts!!!
Beavis

Marion, IL

#17 Oct 6, 2011
Cerise wrote:
First of all, there WERE kids in the school, Tri-C has an after-care program that runs until 5:30. Also I read elsewhere that she hung herself, not overdosed. While I am very sorry for her loved ones left to deal with this, it was truly horrible that she chose to carry out this act in the classroom. Also, Carterville is the poster child of everything wrong with small-town clique-ish behavior. And Kari Forby is a fat, disgusting cow.
I agree, see my above post. That new classroom is now haunted in kids minds, thanks Miss Walker.....and start speaking out folks about the nepotism in not only the school system but in the city as well, and maybe crap like this will cease!!!!
CHS

Des Moines, IA

#19 Oct 6, 2011
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>
Kari (Shasteen) Forby comes from a POS Family, they did time in prison for ripping off senior citizens. Hey, and how and why did (Walker)she do it? An innocent child could have walked in and found her. You claim to know Walker so well, why did she do it where she did? A selfish, self-centered person would do what she did, was she trying to steal Lynn Barnes' thunder the day she was buried??? Known fact Walker was a lesbian, did someone try to rat her out or what? You seem to know so much., do tell the facts!!!
I do not appreciate your tone. It is none of the internet's business how and why she chose this, and I will not share such information. Just know that she was in a very difficult situation. Do not judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That is God's job, not ours. I do not understand why people have to be so rude. And for future reference, it's Lynn Byrnes. You must not be a true Cartervillian, if you don't know the name of the woman who meant so much to our town. And frankly, it makes me sick that you would even say such a thing like "she was trying to steal her thunder." We aren't talking about a rivalry here, its life and death. It is not a laughing matter.
CHS

Des Moines, IA

#20 Oct 6, 2011
Also, I spent time with those kids. They are handling it well. Its the other teachers that are having a tough time.
Beavis

Marion, IL

#21 Oct 6, 2011
Lynnie was my kindergarten teacher, all thru life was one of my best friends by the way. If you post you damn well better face the heat of anybody's "tone". You claim to know so much, but I know you are just flapping your gums. Walker was an arrogant person, her sexual orientation makes no difference to me. She was a creep who risked the probability of a child walking in and finding her dead, that's selfish, and the lowest form of a human being. I'm a true Cartervillian by the way, been here alot longer than you have in all probability. Get used to rude, people like Walker choose to end their life risking a child's emotions is a POS. And Walker did try to steal Lynn's thunder, just ask around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carterville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thieves 1 hr Ralph 8
dick Durban is a tattle tale? 1 hr trumpturds 45
busted 1 hr My opinion 13
Morthland College Trying to Hide 2 hr Your friend CR 60
WSIL, Dennis Turner Gone? 6 hr bout time 1
Flake in cuba Wed Truth 1
Love & Truth Church-Carterville (Feb '11) Wed Emerson 70

Carterville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Carterville Mortgages