doofensmirtzette L

Cartersville, GA

#1 Sep 10, 2012
is this place still open ? i go down cassville road at all different times, where are the animals, is a barn ?
crazy

Cartersville, GA

#2 Sep 10, 2012
it should be closed , the place is a JOKE
Ripoff

Atlanta, GA

#3 Sep 10, 2012
I went one time a few years ago and will NEVER go back. It's a huge joke. I don't know how they are still open. I got tickled, because on my way to Gatlinburg in April, they had a sign in Knoxville advertising the place. I'd be pissed off if I drove down from Knoxville just for that!
crazy

Cartersville, GA

#4 Sep 10, 2012
yeah we went for a birthday party and my daughter got the pony rides added , they brought over a pony that stunk to high heavens looked like it hadn't been brushed in years.. when she complained about it , she was dimissed , saying that was the only one they had available , then we wnet to see the christman lights and they required a donation? when paid extra to see the reindeer, and there was only one way back in a pin and when i asked if my children could see it I was told we need not bother him right now, althought the lightsw were nice the whole place was nasty and the animals did not look well cared for , as in no baths or brushing
yep

Cartersville, GA

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Crazy I went to the Christmas view 8 ago and they have a bunch of high school girls standing at the entrance with hands out demanding money. I don't remember which school they represented but the Zoo owners should make people aware that you have to "donate" to their favorite school to get past those girls. That was the last time I went. Definitely not worth it.
northern girl

Cartersville, GA

#6 Sep 10, 2012
We went there for the Christmas lights a few years back and the guy collecting money said it was a donation. We took out $5, and he said it was at least $10 and he was the guy to give it to. Crazy! When we went through many lights were not working, and the path to drive on was awful and full of dirty holes and ruts. So not worth a $1!
lynn

Cartersville, GA

#7 Sep 11, 2012
they were at the 4th of july stavaganza at delliger park charging $1 for each time you go down they blow up slide, i have a 4 year old , do you know how much that cost, and then wanting 5 to go pet the animals and another 2 to feed them , they were all so dirty , and then at pioneer days 2 weeks ago giving pony rides for 5 and the ponies stunk to high heavens havent been brushed in a very long time, we own horses so i know when a horse has not been cared for, I even commented to them that the ponies need brushing and i was told DO YOU WANT TO RIDE OR NOT! I SAID NOT ! i just cant believe that someone has not reported them to the humane society and have them check out the care and living conditions of these animals ,,, i dont care how long they have been doing this , have you seen the actual park when you take the buggy ride its disgusting, all the junk everywhere
Chris

Cartersville, GA

#8 Sep 11, 2012
I've been needing some heavy petting - where is this place?
Kathy

United States

#9 Sep 14, 2012
Scott the guy that owns it is a joke. He charges way to much for everything and them poor animals are not took care of at all. He works these young school kids like dogs and pays them nothing hardly, and he is just so disgusting. His own house is so nasty you can't stand to walk on the porch much less in the house. I would not take my kids anywhere near that place because it is definitely one of the nastiest places in Bartow!!!!
Charity

Montgomery, AL

#10 Sep 27, 2012
I can't believe they're still open for business. I'm not sure why anyone would use their services at all. They overcharge for everything and the animals are nasty. We quit going to see the Christmas lights because they keep going up on the price. it used to be just a "donation" but now it's at least $10 per car. I hope they go out of business. I hate to say that about a small business in this economy but they don't deserve to be open.
Anonymous

Cartersville, GA

#11 Sep 29, 2012
you know i went by the petting zoo today, i saw a baby camel, i guess with their mother, i grinned.
Christina K

Cartersville, GA

#12 Oct 17, 2012
doofensmirtzette L wrote:
is this place still open ? i go down cassville road at all different times, where are the animals, is a barn ?
This place is a BIG joke and it is shameful it is allowed to remain open. They are getting lots of federal funding as an educational facility, they are supposed to be protecting animals and educating the public.
Their facilities are nasty and they do not care for those poor animals at all. We spoke with them once at the Rome fair (where they were charging to ride the animals). The man was so mean about the poor animals. He said they would sell the babies as soon as they could for the money, and when I said that was "sad", he said "It's all about making money".
Claude

Cartersville, GA

#13 Oct 17, 2012
It might be worth the price of admission of they allow heavy petting ;)
flame thrower

Cartersville, GA

#14 Oct 23, 2012
Very Interesting
Not Impressed

Cartersville, GA

#15 Oct 25, 2012
This place is a joke!! And the people are RUDE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bartow County Sheriff's Deputies (Sep '13) 40 min Bill 28
Lawsuit threatened over Bible distribution at s... 14 hr Kim Jong Un 8
Why are Cartersville High School's teachers all... Thu Walter Melon 33
Deputy Woody (Nov '10) Wed Fed up 158
Carmike cinema closing in 2016? Wed blastermwar 11
Review: Atlanta Wheel Doctor Tue Tom Tom 8
Review: Dent Repair Inc. Dec 16 Tom Tom 13

Cartersville News Video

Cartersville Dating
Find my Match