Baby - Husband = Paycheck

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Cartersville, GA

#1 Nov 1, 2011
Why are there so many women around this area that get married just for the purpose of having a baby and then treat their husband like he doesn't matter any more? I know more than one person in this situation and it's not pleasant. Then, usually the wife blames the husband for the divorce, whether or not he found someone new to care about. The men are usually vilified for "leaving" their children.

Has anyone ever stopped to think that both parties are responsible for the marriage ending? Or that the husband is leaving the wife, not necessarily his children? How can you expect anyone to stay with you (wife OR husband) if you treat that person like he or she doesn't matter? Why would you want to stay with or have a child with someone you don't care about?

In my experience, there are many relationships where the husband is treated as someone who doesn't matter... but when he leaves the wife becomes some awful victim of circumstance. THEN the husband is treated like an ATM until the divorce is settled and THEN he's treated like a pariah in society when the only people who know the real story are the ones directly involved.

Around here, it seems that women get married, get the baby, dump the husband, and then demand a paycheck (child support) from him. Wow! That sounds like a great formula for how to live your life!
Polk resident

Gainesville, GA

#2 Nov 1, 2011
How about woman + sperm = baby = unwed mother = bastard = welfare!!! World is full of too many of those too.

Cartersville, GA

#3 Nov 1, 2011
Polk resident: You are SO right. It's sad when that's what people intend to lean on. Those systems are there for those that need help, not those that abuse them but it's hard to tell the difference on paper.
Hello

Powder Springs, GA

#4 Nov 1, 2011
Polk resident wrote:
How about woman + sperm = baby = unwed mother = bastard = welfare!!! World is full of too many of those too.
AMEN!!!If these women had to work and pay fot their kids, there would not be as many of them.
Hello

Powder Springs, GA

#5 Nov 1, 2011
pay FOR
Polk resident

Gainesville, GA

#6 Nov 1, 2011
This is one of those times I wish I was not right. ;)

I am a child of welfare but thankfully my mother got on it then got it together and got off it. It can be done.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 2, 2011
Lucy, its not always that way but I see your point.
I was one of the victims, but I was given custody and we do not pay child support to each other. We just share the bills respectivly.

Cartersville, GA

#8 Nov 2, 2011
HIDENKISS wrote:
Lucy, its not always that way but I see your point.
I was one of the victims, but I was given custody and we do not pay child support to each other. We just share the bills respectivly.
I definitely know that there are people out there who can be reasonable about divorce and custody. There are other people who abuse the system. Child support is fair and right. The parents should both have to support the child. However, it's not okay to depend and lean on that as though it's a paycheck that will always be there and that you "deserve." It's for the express purpose of supporting the child and giving the child a better life.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Nov 2, 2011
Aww see, your not so wicked
Knothead

Rome, GA

#10 Nov 2, 2011
I never missed a child support payment nor was I ever even late. my ex wife would refuse me visitation because I did something to make her mad or she would use the excuse that the kids were sick and they needed to be home where their mother could stay with them and take care of them. finally I had to spend money I didnt have to go back to court and have the judge tell her to fly right. kids got christmas that year but my new wife and her child got less because of it. dont get me started lol

Cartersville, GA

#11 Nov 2, 2011
Knothead: You're exactly the type of Dad I'm talking about... the one that gets abused at the hands of the ex-wife, when all it really does is hurt the kids. Some people can be so selfish and self-serving...

Cartersville, GA

#12 Nov 2, 2011
HIDENKISS wrote:
Aww see, your not so wicked
My husband's ex would disagree... LOL! But thank you.
Hopeful dad

Mcdonough, GA

#13 Nov 11, 2011
Knothead wrote:
I never missed a child support payment nor was I ever even late. my ex wife would refuse me visitation because I did something to make her mad or she would use the excuse that the kids were sick and they needed to be home where their mother could stay with them and take care of them. finally I had to spend money I didnt have to go back to court and have the judge tell her to fly right. kids got christmas that year but my new wife and her child got less because of it. dont get me started lol
Any advice on the best attorney in the area? Since my ex moved and took over half my visitation away, she's had her boyfriend move in, not answering my court ordered daily calls to the kids, kids are having emotional and behavioral problems, kids are sick all the time, my son has asthma and she refused to inform the school until forced to, now my son is failing his grade. Time to go to court but I'm tired of settling for these affordable attorneys that do next to nothing and expect $2000 plus. I want a great attorney that cares.

Cartersville, GA

#14 Nov 14, 2011
Hopeful dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Any advice on the best attorney in the area?
My top pick would be Don Evans, if you can stand him. As long as you're paying, he's going to be your best friend and work hard for you. Check also into Christina Jenkins (more reasonably priced, less annoying to the opposing attorneys).
nosey

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2011
Hopeful dad wrote:
<quoted text>Any advice on the best attorney in the area? Since my ex moved and took over half my visitation away, she's had her boyfriend move in, not answering my court ordered daily calls to the kids, kids are having emotional and behavioral problems, kids are sick all the time, my son has asthma and she refused to inform the school until forced to, now my son is failing his grade. Time to go to court but I'm tired of settling for these affordable attorneys that do next to nothing and expect $2000 plus. I want a great attorney that cares.
Christina stahl is a woman hater... Call her.
hopeful dad

Mcdonough, GA

#16 Nov 18, 2011
I want the attorney that's going to fight as hard as possible for my children and getting them what they deserve. I want the pushiest attorney that's still in good graces with the judges. Don Evans?
single mom

United States

#17 Nov 18, 2011
I wish my ex would get my kids 2 days per week or pay child care since he refuses to pay child support. I have decided as long as he stays away it's worth not having any help. Good for the mom's and dad's who get child support and to heck with the ones who don't pay up.
ReliableSource

Cartersville, GA

#18 Nov 21, 2011
hopeful dad wrote:
I want the attorney that's going to fight as hard as possible for my children and getting them what they deserve. I want the pushiest attorney that's still in good graces with the judges. Don Evans?
I can't guarantee that he's in good graces with the judges; he probably annoys them, too. But, for the right fee, Don Evans is probably your guy. Check out Vaughn and Evans and get an appointment.
hopeful dad

Mcdonough, GA

#19 Jan 19, 2012
Thanks everyone!!

“Reality”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#20 Jan 19, 2012
Hopeful dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Any advice on the best attorney in the area? Since my ex moved and took over half my visitation away, she's had her boyfriend move in, not answering my court ordered daily calls to the kids, kids are having emotional and behavioral problems, kids are sick all the time, my son has asthma and she refused to inform the school until forced to, now my son is failing his grade. Time to go to court but I'm tired of settling for these affordable attorneys that do next to nothing and expect $2000 plus. I want a great attorney that cares.
Violating a court order (such as not letting you talk to the kids) is contempt of court and is a jailable offense!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Board of Commissioners 42 min Sole Man 7
Heather missing Cartersville woman 1 hr The Insulting Fre... 1,366
How Is Everyone. 3 hr happygolucky 6
News Civil action filed in 2010 fatal officer-involv... (Nov '12) 6 hr Kathy 9
Lee Carroll 7 hr Lovey 4
Say No to Rezoning - Highway 140 and Spring Pla... 12 hr Karen 129
Judge Nelson of Bartow County Tue Law and Order 2

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance