Waggin Train Treats made in China Killing Dogs still for sale at Wall Mart

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

Pet Lover

Rome, GA

#1 Dec 28, 2012
Why are they still selling Waggin Train Treats after we keep seeing this on the News about Dogs that are eating them being found Dead? The Cartersville Wall Mart is selling them both on the shelf and on a pallet stack on the floor.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#2 Dec 28, 2012
Pet Lover, the reason it's still on the shelves is, there is not a recall on this brand of pet food. There has to be a recall issued before they pull it from the shelves. It's not Walmart's fault. This time.
Sam Walton

United States

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Wall Mart??
Shirley Q

Cartersville, GA

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Wal Mark.

And Booger is correct, there is no recall as it has not been proven that the treats are causing the kidney problems.
Walt

El Segundo, CA

#5 Jan 8, 2013
There have never been any test by the FDA or anyone else to show anything wrong with Waggin Train products. There have been other brands that the FDA has found issues like Nature's Deli, but for some reason Waggin Train keeps getting smeared by folks like Pet Lover.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#6 Jan 8, 2013
They will continue to be sold and stocked on the shelves until there is an official recall, which as of today there has not been one.

Would I buy this stuff and give it to my dog? Hell now. Well I don't have a dog but if I did, I wouldn't buy it. Why take a chance?
Buzzword

Rome, GA

#7 Jan 9, 2013
I returned the Waggin Train treats last night along with the Beggin Strips, since they are packaged at the same place. All are a product of China. The customer service woman at Ingles on JFH Parkway, wouldn't take them back because I did not have a receipt, despite the recall. She wanted me to go home, get a bank statement, and see what dates I had made Ingle's purchases on my debit card, so she could go back and look at teach one to see when I had purchased them; ll over a recall? Thank God the manager stepped in with a store credit before I had a chance to tell her what I thought of her Ingle's Advantage. I love the Ingle's on West Ave. This one on JFH, should lose her.
ok

Cartersville, GA

#8 Jan 9, 2013
They are being pulled now.

Since: Jan 13

Marietta, GA

#9 Jan 9, 2013
Just found this reference to Waggin Train treats.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall...
booger

Cartersville, GA

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Buzzword wrote:
I returned the Waggin Train treats last night along with the Beggin Strips, since they are packaged at the same place. All are a product of China. The customer service woman at Ingles on JFH Parkway, wouldn't take them back because I did not have a receipt, despite the recall. She wanted me to go home, get a bank statement, and see what dates I had made Ingle's purchases on my debit card, so she could go back and look at teach one to see when I had purchased them; ll over a recall? Thank God the manager stepped in with a store credit before I had a chance to tell her what I thought of her Ingle's Advantage. I love the Ingle's on West Ave. This one on JFH, should lose her.
There is no recall issued by the government dammit.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Dog Owner 2 wrote:
Just found this reference to Waggin Train treats.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall...
This website is calling it a recall, but then says some stores are voluntarily removing the product from their shelves. Big difference. I think their should be a recall, but so far, it's only some stores deciding on their own to remove it. That's why you will still see it on shelves. For now, anyway.
ok

United States

#12 Jan 10, 2013
booger wrote:
<quoted text>This website is calling it a recall, but then says some stores are voluntarily removing the product from their shelves. Big difference. I think their should be a recall, but so far, it's only some stores deciding on their own to remove it. That's why you will still see it on shelves. For now, anyway.
The company that makes it is pulling the product in all U.S. stores
Pet Lover

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jan 11, 2013
This is true. Purina, whcih makes Waggin Train, is voluntarily withdrawing the product after an antibiotic in the chicken product of their chicken jerky treats was discovered by the New York Department of Agriculture. This antibiotic is deemed safe in the European Union and in China, but the US has stricter regulations about it. However, Purina is not the only manufacturer that sources their chicken from China. Delmonte, Walmart private label, etc. do as well. I would inquire at my retailer where your treats of choice (if they contain chicken) are sourced from.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#14 Jan 11, 2013
It amazes me that there hasn't been a recall issued by the FDA. I am surprised the manufacturers are voluntarily removing the product. I'm glad they are, though.

Funny how this antibiotic is considered safe in one country, yet not safe in another. Either it is, or isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Hut??? 1 hr OneandOnly 1
Taxpayers paid over 12 MILLON dollars ,,,,, 7 hr Walter Melon 1
Carmike cinema closing in 2016? Tue Really 12
Deputy Woody (Nov '10) Tue Interested 160
Lawsuit threatened over Bible distribution at s... Tue Bless our hearts 9
Trinity Railcar up and running again? (Jul '11) Mon Miguel gomez 11
Black selfies and Close-ups Dec 22 Walter Melon 1

Cartersville News Video

Cartersville Dating
Find my Match