Drag strip in cartersville. Opinions ?

Drag strip in cartersville. Opinions ?

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

JMJ

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Just something else fun to do on the weekends.
Hope

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 6, 2013
I have no idea where they would put it but that would be fantastic! Brainerd is such a long drive from here and Paradise just kinda sucks. I was sad to see Southeastern finally close. It was a horrible track but very nostalgic.
X I I I

AOL

#3 Jan 6, 2013
i havent heard this one yet ?
well

Pine Lake, GA

#4 Jan 6, 2013
They should put one here.. all these bartow women would flock there waiting to be picked up.
me

Cartersville, GA

#5 Jan 6, 2013
Hope wrote:
I have no idea where they would put it but that would be fantastic! Brainerd is such a long drive from here and Paradise just kinda sucks. I was sad to see Southeastern finally close. It was a horrible track but very nostalgic.
Where is Paradise?
Hope

Lithonia, GA

#6 Jan 6, 2013
me wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is Paradise?
It's in Calhoun. It's and old track but has be kept up pretty well. Used to be a 1/4 mile as well back in the day. E.T.s are always lower there because it's uphill. Certainly won't see speeds there like you do at Brainerd.
Beach Bum

Cartersville, GA

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Good lord. Lets just advertise Cartersville some more as a hick town. Yeahaw!
Oswego

Woodstock, GA

#8 Jan 6, 2013
I think a drag bar would be more profitable in Cartersville.
Hope

Lithonia, GA

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Beach Bum wrote:
Good lord. Lets just advertise Cartersville some more as a hick town. Yeahaw!
Hey $hit Weasel! Drag racing traces its roots to Southern California. Nobody is saying let's bring NASCAR to town. Just because someone is a bit of a gear head does not mean they're a hick. Ever been to a drag strip? Didn't think so.
Bubba

Calhoun, GA

#10 Jan 6, 2013
A good Well Run 1/4 mile strip would be good,1/8 mile just don't get it ,can't tell who big daddy is at distant. Good Old Boys .As for my self Yeh Buddy!
whodat

Pine Lake, GA

#11 Jan 7, 2013
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey $hit Weasel! Drag racing traces its roots to Southern California. Nobody is saying let's bring NASCAR to town. Just because someone is a bit of a gear head does not mean they're a hick. Ever been to a drag strip? Didn't think so.
Yes it does mean they are hicks.
Beach Bum

Cartersville, GA

#12 Jan 7, 2013
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I can proudly say I've never been to a drag strip and can't see going in the future.
JMJ

Longview, TX

#13 Jan 7, 2013
Just wanted some opinions folks. No need to get nasty with each other.
Faster than u

United States

#14 Jan 7, 2013
It would be great only if it was a 1/4 mile track. Paradise is better than it was a few years ago but 1/8 just does not cut it.
Hope

Lithonia, GA

#15 Jan 7, 2013
JMJ wrote:
Just wanted some opinions folks. No need to get nasty with each other.
Sorry man... I regretted that as soon as I hit post. That one just struck a nerve. Not sure how putting your mechanical engineering degree to use makes you a hick.
Hope

Cartersville, GA

#16 Jan 7, 2013
Faster than u wrote:
It would be great only if it was a 1/4 mile track. Paradise is better than it was a few years ago but 1/8 just does not cut it.
I just don't see enough support for a 1/4 mile strip around here. That's a lot of real estate. It'd be very difficult to justify it without some fairly decent sized sanctioned events. Gotta think about the runoff area necessary with a 1/4 mile strip for a sanctioning body to even consider you for an event. As much as we all like the weekend warriors, that would never be enough to keep a big track up and running. One can HOPE though.
JMJ

Longview, TX

#17 Jan 7, 2013
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't see enough support for a 1/4 mile strip around here. That's a lot of real estate. It'd be very difficult to justify it without some fairly decent sized sanctioned events. Gotta think about the runoff area necessary with a 1/4 mile strip for a sanctioning body to even consider you for an event. As much as we all like the weekend warriors, that would never be enough to keep a big track up and running. One can HOPE though.
. Very good point Hope.
LeRoy

Calhoun, GA

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Beach Bum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. I can proudly say I've never been to a drag strip and can't see going in the future.
What about a Rupaul Drag Race ?
Beach Bum

Cartersville, GA

#19 Jan 10, 2013
LeRoy wrote:
<quoted text> What about a Rupaul Drag Race ?
Now THAT might be interesting. Ha ha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aggie23 18 min LaForte Fan 1
Austin Blackmon 8 hr Whatsrlygoinon 1
Terry Reed is he for real 10 hr Deep ghost 2
drug court (Sep '09) 12 hr NoSympathy 40
El Nopal Makes Me Smell Bad Fri earnest Hemingway 9
News Retirement leads to shift in Cartersville princ... Fri Confused 5
Atlanta Steeplechase (Apr '12) Thu Tolerman 9

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance