Bartow Schools cuts
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brewsternews

Cartersville, GA

#1 Apr 30, 2013
The State of GA will no longer subsidize classified employees' (bus drivers, paraprofessionals, nutrition workers, secretaries) health insurance. The State will, however, increase the private school scholarship tax exemptions for corporations and individuals from $50M to $58M. These scholarships go to religious schools including Christian, Jewish, and Muslim schools primarily in metro Atlanta.
good

Cartersville, GA

#2 Apr 30, 2013
I applaud the state of ga for doing this. Paraprofessionals are just using a fancy name for teacher's aid. All they do is make copies and silly crap like that. You don't even have to have a degree or a high school education to be a teacher' aid... excuse me, parapro.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Apr 30, 2013
Brewsternews wrote:
The State of GA will no longer subsidize classified employees'(bus drivers, paraprofessionals, nutrition workers, secretaries) health insurance. The State will, however, increase the private school scholarship tax exemptions for corporations and individuals from $50M to $58M. These scholarships go to religious schools including Christian, Jewish, and Muslim schools primarily in metro Atlanta.
Actually those scholarships go all over the state.
Brewsternews

Cartersville, GA

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually those scholarships go all over the state.
You might want to do a little research. Out of 35 student scholarship organizations 30 are in metro Atlanta. You can go to these scholarship websites and see what schools they are partners with.
Brewsternews

Cartersville, GA

#5 Apr 30, 2013
good wrote:
I applaud the state of ga for doing this. Paraprofessionals are just using a fancy name for teacher's aid. All they do is make copies and silly crap like that. You don't even have to have a degree or a high school education to be a teacher' aid... excuse me, parapro.
Not informed.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#6 Apr 30, 2013
good wrote:
Teenager. do not reply.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#7 Apr 30, 2013
Brewsternews wrote:
The State of GA will no longer subsidize classified employees'(bus drivers, paraprofessionals, nutrition workers, secretaries) health insurance. The State will, however, increase the private school scholarship tax exemptions for corporations and individuals from $50M to $58M. These scholarships go to religious schools including Christian, Jewish, and Muslim schools primarily in metro Atlanta.
Can't these individuals simply run into the waiting arms of Obama care when it becomes fully implemented next year??

After all they voted for the man. Twice

These individuals can just enjoy the sh!t out of Obama care.

Go ahead and try and tell me I'm "uninformed."

Location hidden

#8 Apr 30, 2013
Scrumpty wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't these individuals simply run into the waiting arms of Obama care when it becomes fully implemented next year??
You don't really understand the demographics of Bartow County. If all employees of public schools in the state of GA voted for Obama, we would be a blue state.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 30, 2013
Scrumpty wrote:
<quoted text>
No , you are not uninformed. You are selectively informed. if you are unable to search for the information on State Government websites i will give you links.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#10 May 1, 2013
There are nearly 10 million people living in the state of Georgia. There are approximately 97,000 full time public school teachers in Georgia.

Enough to turn us blue?

You are the ignorant one. Imagine my surprise.

Yeah that is sarcasm

http://georgia.educationbug.org/school-distri...

Enjoy your Obozo care. I'll keep paying for my health care. As long as it is legal to do so.
good

Cartersville, GA

#11 May 1, 2013
Brewsternews wrote:
<quoted text>
Not informed.
Please tell me how I'm not informed. Give me specifics. If you are able. Also, your one sentence jabs are comical. Me a teenager? I have no doubt I am old enough to be your parent. Show respect, brat

I'll wait for specifics
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#12 May 2, 2013
Fall off the edge of sanity did you Brewsternews?

Location hidden

#13 May 3, 2013
Scrumpty wrote:
There are nearly 10 million people living in the state of Georgia. There are approximately 97,000 full time public school teachers in Georgia.
Enough to turn us blue?
Yeah that is sarcasm
Enjoy your Obozo care. I'll keep paying for my health care. As long as it is legal to do so.
Only ~ 4 million Georgians voted in the 2012 election.http://www.cnn.com/el ection/2012/results/main

Do your homework and Math. And thank a teacher while you do it.

Location hidden

#14 May 3, 2013
Scrumpty wrote:
Enough to turn us blue?
Yeah that is sarcasm
And I said EMPLOYEES not just Teachers.

Just since you didn't pay attention.

Location hidden

#15 May 3, 2013
good wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me how I'm not informed. Give me specifics. If you are able. Also, your one sentence jabs are comical. Me a teenager? I have no doubt I am old enough to be your parent. Show respect, brat
I'll wait for specifics
http://www.gapsc.com/EducatorPreparation/Para...

So, yes you are uniformed. Your uninformed opinion of the position of Paraprofessionals is very simply wrong.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#16 May 3, 2013
Brewsternews wrote:
<quoted text>
Only ~ 4 million Georgians voted in the 2012 election.http://www.cnn.com/el ection/2012/results/main
Do your homework and Math. And thank a teacher while you do it.
So the teachers and employees didn't bother to get off of their asses to vote for president downgrade in the last presidential election. As he only won by 5 million votes (by the way he is only the second president in modern US history to receive less votes in his re-election than his first-Woodrow Wilson being the other)If more republicans had voted this last time Mitt Romney would be president.

Oh and by the way. You just enjoy the sh!t out of your Obozo care. You voted for it TWICE. Enjoy it.
Brewsternews

Cartersville, GA

#17 May 3, 2013
Scrumpty wrote:
<quoted text>
So the teachers and employees didn't bother to get off of their asses to vote for president downgrade in the last presidential election. As he only won by 5 million votes (by the way he is only the second president in modern US history to receive less votes in his re-election than his first-Woodrow Wilson being the other)If more republicans had voted this last time Mitt Romney would be president.
Oh and by the way. You just enjoy the sh!t out of your Obozo care. You voted for it TWICE. Enjoy it.
Don't need Obamacare. Your tax dollars pay for mine.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#18 May 3, 2013
Brewsternews wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need Obamacare. Your tax dollars pay for mine.
For as long as you demoturds allow you to keep it. If Obummer care isn't destroyed single payer health care is on it's way to America (you know single payer health care right? The system that along with over generous public sector pension and benefits is bankrupting the entire continent) and your "Cadillac" benefits will soon be a thing of the past.

I'll keep paying for mine. As long as it's legal to do so.

Thanks for fuc#ing this country by inflicting president downgrade upon us.

Sh!t head
Brewsternews

Cartersville, GA

#19 May 3, 2013
Scrumpty wrote:
<quoted text>
For as long as you demoturds allow you to keep it. If Obummer care isn't destroyed single payer health care is on it's way to America (you know single payer health care right? The system that along with over generous public sector pension and benefits is bankrupting the entire continent) and your "Cadillac" benefits will soon be a thing of the past.
I'll keep paying for mine. As long as it's legal to do so.
Thanks for fuc#ing this country by inflicting president downgrade upon us.
Sh!t head
Then stop electing federal congressmen. Federal worker healthcare is pretty great. Has been for a long time. Why do you think Loudermilk & Gringrey are climbing over each other for the job?
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#20 May 4, 2013
One word. POWER Period

"Federal employment" (at every level) it sure beats the sh!t out a having to work for a living.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are the hookers in Cartersville? (Aug '12) 2 hr Curtis-d 29
iron order mc vs. the outlaws mc (Jan '10) 6 hr Puss Order 567
What's going on on Grassdale Road? (Jan '07) 10 hr friend 5
Crown Inn (May '16) 18 hr Scrumpty 56
Cartersville Music Selection (Sep '12) Tue Musikologist 18
Tony Barnes May 23 Scrumpty 105
Review: Cartersville Dental Group - Karen P Wis... (Jul '11) May 22 Julia 79

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance