City schools investigating tuition fraud

City schools investigating tuition fraud

There are 52 comments on the Daily Tribune News story from Sep 8, 2012, titled City schools investigating tuition fraud. In it, Daily Tribune News reports that:

Cartersville City Schools are cracking down on parents of out-of-district students who do not pay tuition for their children to a school within the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Tribune News.

Momneedsinfo

Cartersville, GA

#22 Jan 1, 2013
So how much does it cost per child per year to attend cartersville city schools? That is assuming they are out if district.
Teresa

Woodstock, GA

#23 Jan 1, 2013
Momneedsinfo wrote:
So how much does it cost per child per year to attend cartersville city schools? That is assuming they are out if district.
A very reasonable $250 per child per year.
yes

Cartersville, GA

#24 Jan 1, 2013
good luck getting them in. They are filled up anymore and don't have any spaces
Anonymous

Cartersville, GA

#25 Feb 12, 2013
Suzette wrote:
I don't think I would send my child to Excel. They have cut so much staff and curriculum trying to keep the doors open that they probably won't last much longer.
I would recommend the city of Cartersville schools or if you want to use a private school the only one worth mentioning is Darlington in Rome. They have a bus that picks up and returns students to Cartersville.

Excel isn't closing or near closing. You will see Excel explode in enrollment for the 2013 2014 schoo!
Maggie

Woodstock, GA

#26 Feb 13, 2013
hornetsting wrote:
<quoted text>
Excel isn't closing or near closing. You will see Excel explode in enrollment for the 2013 2014 schoo!
Yeah keep drinking that Kool Aid. A simple check of their enrollment will verify that. It keeps declining and they keep cutting staff and programs.

You may need a new source of information.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#27 Feb 13, 2013
Maggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah keep drinking that Kool Aid. A simple check of their enrollment will verify that. It keeps declining and they keep cutting staff and programs.
You may need a new source of information.
Really, so just what staff and what programs have been cut recently? Be specific since you seem to have your own "source of information."
booger

Cartersville, GA

#28 Feb 13, 2013
What staff has been cut?? How about their headmaster, Davis. Is that specific enough?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#29 Feb 13, 2013
booger wrote:
What staff has been cut?? How about their headmaster, Davis. Is that specific enough?
The post implies continuing cuts, the headmaster's position and principal's position were consolidated over the summer.
yes

Kennesaw, GA

#30 Feb 13, 2013
Davis is not capable of running a school, that is why they got rid of him.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#31 Feb 13, 2013
yes wrote:
Davis is not capable of running a school, that is why they got rid of him.
There are MANY - if not most -parents from Excel who would disagree with you vehemently and would have the experience to back up their positions, what is your direct experience to back up your claim?
booger

Cartersville, GA

#32 Feb 13, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
The post implies continuing cuts, the headmaster's position and principal's position were consolidated over the summer.
The headmaster received a letter, which was posted in the local newspaper, stating his services were no longer needed as of (that date).

Your question was answered. Try another tactic. That one didn't work.
yes

Kennesaw, GA

#33 Feb 13, 2013
booger wrote:
<quoted text>
The headmaster received a letter, which was posted in the local newspaper, stating his services were no longer needed as of (that date).
Your question was answered. Try another tactic. That one didn't work.
Booger pegged it. They realized he was incompetent
Danny

Cartersville, GA

#34 Feb 13, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Booger pegged it. They realized he was incompetent
and they couldn't afford him.

What about the cessation of the foreign language instruction Aggie?
booger

Cartersville, GA

#35 Feb 13, 2013
Danny wrote:
<quoted text>
and they couldn't afford him.
What about the cessation of the foreign language instruction Aggie?
I can't wait to see how aggie tries to discount this answer. Gpod andwer Danny.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#36 Feb 13, 2013
Danny wrote:
<quoted text>
and they couldn't afford him.
What about the cessation of the foreign language instruction Aggie?
You have been misinformed - gee, I'm so shocked. There has been no cessation of the foreign language programs. There is a dedicated Spanish teacher and students can take a number of other foreign languages through the online programs offered.
i get

Cartersville, GA

#37 Feb 13, 2013
I get the impression this aggie person is a teacher at excel, works there, or is just an all around know it all that is never wrong. I bet they're a real blast to be around at a party. LOL

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#38 Feb 13, 2013
Wrong, wrong and wrong. You would have to ask someone else what I'm like at a party. I simply do not like people who come on here without facts, but who delight in tearing down other people or organizations/institutions with ignorant statements. I had children who graduated from Excel, received excellent educations there and are all honor students at their respective colleges. Was Excel without flaw, of course not. There were many advantages that the public schools offer because of their public funding that my children would have benefited from, but we chose a Christian education and were pleased with most all of the teachers - I can count on one hand teachers that we thought were "lacking." But one of the things we loved was the personal relationships our children were able to have with teachers that truly knew our kids and cared about our kids. Our experience with Dr Nelson was that of a man whose sole drive was the good of the school and we very much appreciated the leadership he gave to the school during his tenure. I cannot speak to allegations that have been made on other threads, so I do not comment. So again, if your complaints with Excel are based in fact, have at it. But if they are based on unsubstantiated gossip or bias - maybe you should look at your motivations.
Booger

Woodstock, GA

#39 Feb 13, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been misinformed - gee, I'm so shocked. There has been no cessation of the foreign language programs. There is a dedicated Spanish teacher and students can take a number of other foreign languages through the online programs offered.
"Online programs offered" means there is no instructor. Who is the "dedicated" spanish teacher?

I assume you know they are trying to move the campus?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#40 Feb 13, 2013
Booger wrote:
<quoted text>
"Online programs offered" means there is no instructor. Who is the "dedicated" spanish teacher?
I assume you know they are trying to move the campus?
I prefer not to give names on a public forum. And there has been talk of moving the campus for YEARS, so?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#41 Feb 13, 2013
Booger wrote:
<quoted text>
"Online programs offered" means there is no instructor. Who is the "dedicated" spanish teacher?
I assume you know they are trying to move the campus?
And what is your issue with Excel anyway? If you don't like it, don't send your kids there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanda cagle Gray 1 hr Scrumpty 21
Who is cheating on their spouse? 1 hr Scrumpty 5
BET awards 1 hr Scrumpty 4
worst job EVER!!!!! (Jan '13) 1 hr Scrumpty 10
Gravity hill how do I get there from rome 18 hr Bartow Motel Guest 3
Name a person who needs to come out of closet Tue Do boy 11
Avatron Park still happening? Sun Recycle you jerks 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cartersville Mortgages