First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Mila

Cartersville, GA

#1 Jun 21, 2013
It's been a busy couple of weeks for BOE in Bartow. First the Cornet case, then Nelson, and now Stefany Howard has filed a lawsuit against them. They may need Nelson's payback money to pay their attys.
Not Surprised

Cartersville, GA

#2 Jun 21, 2013
You can obtain the complete lawsuit of Howard at the court house.I know many more will come forward as result of the principal named in the lawsuit that they too were sexually harrassed by him. AND through all of this a person in a very high position will be confronted with all his sexual harrassment too. Howard reported the sexual harrassment and then was demoted (A Cornett said she was demoted in a board meeting) to a teaching position. OH WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE WHEN WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE! Now is there a common denominator here with all the bad decision making of the present board? They ALL will take a lie detector test. The truth is finally coming to light!
triozoo

Cartersville, GA

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Yes, I picked up a copy this morning. 13-CV-1221 is the case number, was filed May 14th.
Ha, and no surprise, NO article in the DTN about it.
Pathetic suck ups that they are!

Let this be only the beginning, of the downfall of the corrupt, disgusting individuals in our System robbing our children of the education they deserve!
wow

Palatka, FL

#4 Jun 21, 2013
It needs to be about education & not all the drama. They need to get rid of Harper & Nelson and start over.. it is a mess! Teachers have nobody to back them for support, supplies, or pay. Look at the people at Central Office & the Superintendent make.. They all have pay raises each year while teachers do the work & get furloughed year after year.
Bartow Politics

Cartersville, GA

#5 Jun 21, 2013
I have posted the first three pages of the lawsuit filed in May at www.bartowpolitics.com in our Bartow County Headlines section. When the federal lawsuit filed this week is available, you will be able to find it on our site as well.
neighbor

Pine Lake, GA

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Thanks for posting the lawsuit, Bartow Politics. My question is, will the taxpayers have to pay for the defense for this lawsuit like the last one? In other words, how much is this going to cost the taxpayers?
Itsabouttime

United States

#7 Jun 21, 2013
Please .... Let the corruptness and nepotism... Good ole boy AND girl system ... The retaliation... Get found out and have those people removed from power... It has been apparent for years that those " in charge" have serious power issues and who gets left out in all of this??? The children, the parents, and the teachers. Anyone ever wonder why teachers don't stand together to bring these things to light? We are terrified that we lose our jobs and not be able to support our families...the cover ups and power mongers go very deep in the Bartow county school system .
triozoo

Cartersville, GA

#8 Jun 21, 2013
Itsabouttime you are exactly right. It does all trickle down to the classrooms and the effect on students. I know for fact there are some very good teachers stifled because principals are in place only because of what they know! Thank God these pigs messed up when they messed with a passionate, strong-willed women such as Stefany Howard who would rather stand for what is right then how it pads her pocketbook!!
Insurance

Milledgeville, GA

#9 Jun 21, 2013
The county has an insurance policy. The county copay is 10000 and any thing over insurance pays (liability insurance). I am sure the principal will pay her own way. She will pay her attorney. She is not employed by Bsrtow but she was in the line of duty at the time.
Itsabouttime

Cartersville, GA

#10 Jun 21, 2013
triozoo wrote:
Itsabouttime you are exactly right. It does all trickle down to the classrooms and the effect on students. I know for fact there are some very good teachers stifled because principals are in place only because of what they know! Thank God these pigs messed up when they messed with a passionate, strong-willed women such as Stefany Howard who would rather stand for what is right then how it pads her pocketbook!!
Has anyone heard about the SACS complaints and how that is going? Let's see...just this s hook year we have 2 SACS co plants, relative of Nelson pleading guilty to theft, board member pleading guilty and ordered to take anger management classes, covered up sexual harassment, and a lawsuit brought by a person who definitely deserves to win.....what next? Do we wait to see or is there a way to bring this house of cards down?
Stifled

Cartersville, GA

#11 Jun 21, 2013
Itsabouttime wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone heard about the SACS complaints and how that is going? Let's see...just this s hook year we have 2 SACS co plants, relative of Nelson pleading guilty to theft, board member pleading guilty and ordered to take anger management classes, covered up sexual harassment, and a lawsuit brought by a person who definitely deserves to win.....what next? Do we wait to see or is there a way to bring this house of cards down?
We were told not to discuss any of it in hopes that it all would die down....I. The meantime everyone e is looking over their shoulder to make sure their personal opinions don't get out
Who is the the harasser

Cartersville, GA

#12 Jun 21, 2013
Who is the principal mentioned in her complaint?
No mention in paper

Cartersville, GA

#13 Jun 21, 2013
What a surprise, no mention of the suit in the Daily-Tribune.
Buzzword

Shannon, GA

#14 Jun 22, 2013
itsasbouttime: call Clark Howard. He will find out.
SACS

Cartersville, GA

#15 Jun 22, 2013
SACS will be here this fall for the school system's evaluation I believe........boy they will be having an ear full of facts. Now the higher powers do not want SACS to know the truth. I wonder how they will try to prevent the truth from coming out. The lawsuit is just the beginning and more facts will be revealed that will be such another embarrassment to our families of this county. It is just a matter of time!
wow

Rockmart, GA

#16 Jun 22, 2013
In the past SACS has done nothing to Bartow BOE because Nelson is on SACS so it always gets pushed under the rug! I wish someone would come in & get rid of Nelson & Harper... they need to go!
Smiley

Marietta, GA

#17 Jun 22, 2013
That's my question?
Who is the the harasser wrote:
Who is the principal mentioned in her complaint?
Take A Stand

United States

#18 Jun 23, 2013
She is clothed with strength and dignity;she can
laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25
Gene

United States

#19 Jun 23, 2013
It was reported to the chairman of the board and recorded from what I was told. Why did they not feel comfortable reporting this to the supt?
Itsabouttime

Cartersville, GA

#20 Jun 23, 2013
Is it against some rule that the principal charged in Howard's lawsuit cannot be named here? I haven't heard of anyone being suspended so the principal is obviously still on the job and has been since the "alleged" ( being politically correct here) harassment?

Buzzword....I am just as terrified as the rest of losing my job if I call the media. It will have to be a citizen that is not connected to the county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather McDonald missing cartersville woman 54 min Sweets 363
Say No to Rezoning - Highway 140 and Spring Pla... 10 hr Nouse4idiots 4
Lock up your husbands (Jan '16) 14 hr Tolerman 31
News Searching for Clues 21 hr Tronald Dump 2
clown sightings in dellinger park Fri Tolerman 6
1st amendment censorship Fri Scrumpty 46
Just moved into area Thu Ronald trump 13

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance