Cartersville High Teacher Accused of Inappropriately Touching Student

Nov 13, 2012 Full story: Patch.com 58

Updated 3:45 p.m. Principal Steven Butler told police he received a complaint Thursday about 10:30 a.m. from a female student, who is a juvenile and said she had been inappropriately touched by a male teacher, according to the CPD incident report, attached to this article.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Canes Mom

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2012
This is a bad situation. If this accusation is true, I hope the teacher is prosecuted! If this isn't true, I hope the student is prosecuted! I have heard from several students that this has been overly exaggerated and didn't actually occur in the manner the student stated.
Canes Dad

Cartersville, GA

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Canes Mom wrote:
This is a bad situation. If this accusation is true, I hope the teacher is prosecuted! If this isn't true, I hope the student is prosecuted! I have heard from several students that this has been overly exaggerated and didn't actually occur in the manner the student stated.
I have heard that this teacher had many accusations against him at other schools and Cartersville was warned when they hired him. Let the system play out but if it smells like a rat it might be a rat.
Canes Mom

United States

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Canes Dad wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that this teacher had many accusations against him at other schools and Cartersville was warned when they hired him. Let the system play out but if it smells like a rat it might be a rat.
Then that changes things! Like I said, it is a bad situation! I don't understand why a school would hire someone they have been warned about. That makes me sick!
parent of 2

Calhoun, GA

#4 Nov 14, 2012
I bet he is a coach & they hired him for that reason...does anyone know if he is a coach?
Waht a Way to Go

Cartersville, GA

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Yes he is a coach.
Uh Oh

Atlanta, GA

#6 Nov 14, 2012
It wasn't the softball coach, was it?
Manchester

Cartersville, GA

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Uh Oh wrote:
It wasn't the softball coach, was it?
It was the soccer coach according to the students
Pele

Cartersville, GA

#8 Nov 14, 2012
My daughter told me soccer coach Mr McDermott
The Oracle

Franklin, GA

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Yall are awful!!
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#10 Nov 14, 2012
Everyone needs to stop speculating about this until facts come out. A lot of damage could be done to innocent people.
Truth

Cartersville, GA

#11 Nov 15, 2012
Doest look like anyone is accusing anyone just want to know who it is so we the parents can choose to avoid the coach if we see fit. Would you want your daughter around someone accused of this until the facts come out. I hope it was a misunderstanding so everyone can more on.
CHS student

Dallas, GA

#12 Nov 15, 2012
It's sad that this is being talked about city wide. I've heard from other students the girl over exaggerated the whole thing but I've also head he has made a few comments towards other girls. It's hard to go off of "he said she said". I mean, its Cartersville.
average guy

Cartersville, GA

#13 Nov 15, 2012
CHS student wrote:
It's sad that this is being talked about city wide. I've heard from other students the girl over exaggerated the whole thing but I've also head he has made a few comments towards other girls. It's hard to go off of "he said she said". I mean, its Cartersville.
Hey this is being talked about county wide, not just city. It may even reach as far as Kennesaw. It may even go viral.
Sarah

Cartersville, GA

#14 Nov 15, 2012
My husband was in a leadership role in education and let me say this... I speak from first hand...because he saw it happen (not to him, but to others)..accusations are easily made, but hard to disapprove. Once these are made, whether they be true or false, it ruins an educator's life. I do not know this man, but I've heard he has a family...children. Can we as human beings, and hopefully as Christians, refrain from trashing this man until he at least has a hearing and all information is heard?
The school system has protocol for handling this...let's let them do their job and we might help by praying for, not only the man and his family, but the girls, also.
Canes student

Cartersville, GA

#15 Nov 16, 2012
He was the girls basketball coach
CHS

Cartersville, GA

#16 Nov 16, 2012
My father was falsely accused of this as well and his is one of the most well known respected men in the community . He was proven innocent but its still damaged his reputation bc of the judgemental town we live in . My father is a God fearing who knows that God doesnt play about his children and I know in my heart he wouldnt hurt a fly. The moral behind this story is you cant believe everything you hear . young girls now a day simply want attention and will try to seek it in anyway possible . I just pray that this young girl hasnt ruined this mans life and reputation. & If the accusations are true he should definately be prosecuted.
average guy

Cartersville, GA

#17 Nov 16, 2012
Sarah wrote:
My husband was in a leadership role in education and let me say this... I speak from first hand...because he saw it happen (not to him, but to others)..accusations are easily made, but hard to disapprove. Once these are made, whether they be true or false, it ruins an educator's life. I do not know this man, but I've heard he has a family...children. Can we as human beings, and hopefully as Christians, refrain from trashing this man until he at least has a hearing and all information is heard?
The school system has protocol for handling this...let's let them do their job and we might help by praying for, not only the man and his family, but the girls, also.
Most pedophiles have a family and children. What's your point?
Aggie

Riverdale, GA

#18 Nov 16, 2012
average guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles have a family and children. What's your point?
The point was blatantly obvious. Accusations (not documented factual incidents) have been made. Peoples' names, or positions, should not be bandied about when the issue is this serious. IF the charges are true, there will be plenty of time for discussion/gossip whatever you choose to call it. And consequences, obviously. But in the mean time, NOTHING is proven and the individual and most especially his family do not need this speculated about.
Concerned

Cartersville, GA

#19 Nov 16, 2012
Sarah wrote:
My husband was in a leadership role in education and let me say this... I speak from first hand...because he saw it happen (not to him, but to others)..accusations are easily made, but hard to disapprove. Once these are made, whether they be true or false, it ruins an educator's life. I do not know this man, but I've heard he has a family...children. Can we as human beings, and hopefully as Christians, refrain from trashing this man until he at least has a hearing and all information is heard?
The school system has protocol for handling this...let's let them do their job and we might help by praying for, not only the man and his family, but the girls, also.
You must me one on the family members of the accused??
Sarah

Cartersville, GA

#20 Nov 16, 2012
average guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles have a family and children. What's your point?
By what standards are you judging him a pedophile?? Who set you up as judge and jury??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 52 min rename 56,648
Rumors circulate around Euharlee shooting (Feb '14) 3 hr Ron 1,267
Why are all Cartersville female cops lesbian? (Sep '13) 11 hr Hired Gun 613
sign hater 11 hr Tom Tom 2
Cartersville woman jailed on murder charge (Jul '09) 17 hr DEBBIELOU 132
B&M motors CROOKS! (Oct '12) 17 hr sign hater 22
Heath Tax Service (Feb '09) 19 hr LMAO 308

Cartersville News Video

Cartersville Jobs

Cartersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cartersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cartersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]