North Georgia Wellness Group

LCC

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#23 Jul 11, 2011
NORTH GEORGIA WELLNESS was connected with TOTAL MEDICAL EXPRESS. all of the medical express and their connections even though they had a different name all was shut down by July 1st. Everyone knew that worked there that it was going to happen. They are the ones that got raided not The Atlantic Medical place that was reported. Under their license they were actually someone else totally. Anyway everybody that worked there knew it was going to happened that was why most that work there who came from the orlando and jacksonville clinics had already moved back the week before. So no more North Georgia Wellness, but dont worry there are alot more out there for you to go too, you just got to look for them.
needing someones help

London, KY

#24 Jul 11, 2011
Multiple Defendants Arrested for Operating Prescription Drug "Pill Mill"
Owners, Managers, and Doctors at “Atlanta Medical Group” Accused of Illegal Distribution of Hundreds of Thousands of Oxycodone Pills

JUN 30 – ATLANTA – Jason Cole Votrobek, 27, of Vero Beach Florida; Jesse Violante, 32, of Vero Beach, Florida; Roland Rafael Castellanos, 32, of Cartersville, Georgia; Tara Atkins, 33, of Cartersville, Georgia; and Dr. James Chapman, 61, of Macon, Georgia, were indicted and arrested on federal drug and money laundering charges for their respective roles in operating a so-called “pill mill” pain clinic which served as a front for the illegal distribution of addictive pain killers.

John S. Comer, Acting Special Agent in Charge (SAC) of the DEA's Atlanta Field Division (AFD) said,“The dispensing of addictive prescription pain medication under the guise of a doctor's care, as occurred in this investigation, is not about the good of the community or an individual's specific health needs; it is about greed and those involved in “pill mill” activity are in fact drug dealers......

BARTOW COUNTY, Ga.-- Channel 2 Action News arrived at a Bartow County pain clinic Wednesday to find law enforcement had already raided the clinic in connection with an indictment against five people who are accused of operating an illegal pill mill.

Investigative reporter Mark Winne obtained the indictment charging a doctor and four other people with conspiracy to sell oxycodone pills at the Atlanta Medical Group Inc. in Cartersville.

Bartow County Sheriff Clark Millsap confirmed in recent months many drug abusers visited the pain clinic on Collins Drive for prescription pills, mostly for the highly addictive oxycodone.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Holfey said,“This was really a ruse for selling as many pills as possible as we do allege in here to make as much money as possible.”

A federal grand jury handed down the indictment alleging drug conspiracy and more charges for five defendants in connection with operating the pill mill.

“There were a high number of patients and a lot of them were coming from out of state, and that was one of the facts in fact that tipped off law enforcement,” said Holfey.

Nearby podiatrist Lance Barry said he is glad the authorities took action to stop the suspicious activity at the Atlanta Medical Group clinic.

“When you see license plates that are hundreds of miles away to visit a family physician or a pain clinic, you know that that should be suspect,” said Barry.

The indictment names defendants Jason Votrobek as principal owner, Jesse Violante as an individual with ownership interest, Roland Castellanos as the facility director, Tara Atkins as office manager, and Dr. James Chapman as the doctor who would prescribe the oxycodone.

Holfey said,“Chapman was the primary doctor at the clinic.[He] would see what we contend to be an excessively high number of patients per day, more than a normal doctor could really properly treat.”

Read more: http://www.gadailynews.com/news/69279-pain-cl...

Atlanta medical group was raided by the DEA.These are two different reports on the place.

Since: Jul 11

United States

#25 Jul 12, 2011
If someone could please email me the new contact info for north Georgia wellness please I am disabled and really need to get in contact with them my email is [email protected] thank u

LCC

Location hidden

#26 Jul 14, 2011
needing someones help wrote:
Multiple Defendants Arrested for Operating Prescription Drug "Pill Mill"
Owners, Managers, and Doctors at “Atlanta Medical Group” Accused of Illegal Distribution of Hundreds of Thousands of Oxycodone Pills
JUN 30 – ATLANTA – Jason Cole Votrobek, 27, of Vero Beach Florida; Jesse Violante, 32, of Vero Beach, Florida; Roland Rafael Castellanos, 32, of Cartersville, Georgia; Tara Atkins, 33, of Cartersville, Georgia; and Dr. James Chapman, 61, of Macon, Georgia, were indicted and arrested on federal drug and money laundering charges for their respective roles in operating a so-called “pill mill” pain clinic which served as a front for the illegal distribution of addictive pain killers.
John S. Comer, Acting Special Agent in Charge (SAC) of the DEA's Atlanta Field Division (AFD) said,“The dispensing of addictive prescription pain medication under the guise of a doctor's care, as occurred in this investigation, is not about the good of the community or an individual's specific health needs; it is about greed and those involved in “pill mill” activity are in fact drug dealers......
BARTOW COUNTY, Ga.-- Channel 2 Action News arrived at a Bartow County pain clinic Wednesday to find law enforcement had already raided the clinic in connection with an indictment against five people who are accused of operating an illegal pill mill.
Investigative reporter Mark Winne obtained the indictment charging a doctor and four other people with conspiracy to sell oxycodone pills at the Atlanta Medical Group Inc. in Cartersville.
Bartow County Sheriff Clark Millsap confirmed in recent months many drug abusers visited the pain clinic on Collins Drive for prescription pills, mostly for the highly addictive oxycodone.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Holfey said,“This was really a ruse for selling as many pills as possible as we do allege in here to make as much money as possible.”
A federal grand jury handed down the indictment alleging drug conspiracy and more charges for five defendants in connection with operating the pill mill.
“There were a high number of patients and a lot of them were coming from out of state, and that was one of the facts in fact that tipped off law enforcement,” said Holfey.
Nearby podiatrist Lance Barry said he is glad the authorities took action to stop the suspicious activity at the Atlanta Medical Group clinic.
“When you see license plates that are hundreds of miles away to visit a family physician or a pain clinic, you know that that should be suspect,” said Barry.
The indictment names defendants Jason Votrobek as principal owner, Jesse Violante as an individual with ownership interest, Roland Castellanos as the facility director, Tara Atkins as office manager, and Dr. James Chapman as the doctor who would prescribe the oxycodone.
Holfey said,“Chapman was the primary doctor at the clinic.[He] would see what we contend to be an excessively high number of patients per day, more than a normal doctor could really properly treat.”
Read more: http://www.gadailynews.com/news/69279-pain-cl...
Atlanta medical group was raided by the DEA.These are two different reports on the place.
This isn't north georgia wellness group. None of the people mentioned worked there and they were out on HWY 20. Atlanta Medical Group is actually still open and taking patients and they are located in Tucker Georgia about 12 miles down the interstate. I found out the reason North Georgia closed was they were oprated by total medical express but with a new name and they had no license to operate so they quitely shut down before being raided. Atlanta medical group is a very ify place but they do see new patients. If you go to website and email them they will call you back with an appointment. My grandfather has decided to stay locally do to the fact we now have hospice coming in and they keep him comfortable
RUF-ingKidding

United States

#27 Jul 15, 2011
Gotta give you credit. You drug addicts sure are persistent.
yes they are

Pine Lake, GA

#28 Jul 15, 2011
RUF-ingKidding wrote:
Like sharks in a frenzy, aren't they? Reading their posts just shows how addicted they are.

LCC

Location hidden

#29 Jul 15, 2011
Well if you read my first post you would realize it wasn't me who was looking for the pain clinic it was for my grandfather who is now in hospice at home. His oncologist recommended him to go to a pain clinic, cause where we live cancer and dying means nothing to these doctors here. He was so often told that they didn't want to get him addicted to narcotics, but his quality of life without his pain medicine was so poor that he would stay in bed for days, once he started going to the pain clinic his life changed for the better to the point he was able to take small walks, flt like sitting on the porch on cool nights. When the pain clinic shut down and he was no longer getting the pain meds he needed he would be in bed or the hospital, and now with hospice who are very understanding of his pain needs, his pallitive care doctor gives him what he was getting in georgia but I'm afraid itss to late the cancer is taking over the body and he was given about 3 months, so before you a$$holes go start calling people names for needing pain meds come walk in my grandfathers shoes for a month. I'd rather see one of you guys suffer than my grandfather who took care of me all my life. Not everybody is a addict or drug dealer or whatever you want to call them.
Clinic will reopen in Aug

Orlando, FL

#30 Jul 18, 2011
Latest I hear is that clinic will reopen in August. In the meantime, Dr Federico can be seen Tuesday's and Wednesday's in Rome Ga at North Georgia Wellness Center. He can answer all your questions and would love to see you there. Thank you for your patience!

“All you folks are crazy!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#31 Jul 19, 2011
Look at the addicts coming out of the surrounding states panicking because a pill mill closed. My God people don't you realize how addicted you are? No, you don't.

Hey I heard a pill mill just opened down here on Zena drive. Really. Come on down. You can't miss it. It's the last building on the left. Open 24 hours. Walk ins welcome.
BOB

Stockbridge, GA

#32 Jul 20, 2011
RUF-ingKidding wrote:
Incorrect information. NGWG was not connected to Atlantic Medical group,IT was connected to INVESTORS of Total MEdical Express. The employees/owners did not run away a week before, they did not close to avoid raiding. They are in the process of getting new ownership and investors. They will reopen under new ownership but still have the same DRs. Everyone should consider the PATIENTS they are not all JUNKIES & DEALERS

Location hidden

#33 Jul 20, 2011
I think everybody is talking about three different pain clinics and getting everything confused.
RUF-ingKidding

Detroit, MI

#34 Jul 20, 2011
Maybe but I'm talking about the people that come on a message board trying to get pain medication for their (fillintheblankrelative).
UnknownOne

Pine Lake, GA

#35 Jul 22, 2011
Not everyone that goes to the pill mill clinics are looking for pain meds. I suffer from chronic pain and have since I was 13 but up till the last few years could handle it. I don't go to pill mills but I do have family that goes every 6 mths to a yr. There are people out there, believe it or not, that just want to get through the day not hurting.
sukmycokupig

Nashville, TN

#37 Jul 24, 2011
EverybodyCrazy wrote:
Look at the addicts coming out of the surrounding states panicking because a pill mill closed. My God people don't you realize how addicted you are? No, you don't.
Hey I heard a pill mill just opened down here on Zena drive. Really. Come on down. You can't miss it. It's the last building on the left. Open 24 hours. Walk ins welcome.
\
idiot cop/pig, or jus a rent a cop or cok sucker or pedifile in uniform, got picked on in school cuz u were a lil dweeb and u feelings are hurt so now u went to police academy or whatever u want to call it, to earn the right to carry a weapon to defend urself cuz ur jus a pusy azz btch..

LCC

Location hidden

#38 Jul 24, 2011
RUF-ingKidding wrote:
Maybe but I'm talking about the people that come on a message board trying to get pain medication for their (fillintheblankrelative).
What happen to you? Was bored here at the hospital and decided to get on to see what kind of snide comment you could make about my grandfather. Heres you an update: His sats are now at 70%, thats how much oxygen he's breathing. He ate jello for dinner about 2 days ago, nothing since,he takes sips of water occasionally. I had him sitting up on the side of bed for a little while today, they have him on a PCA pump so he hits a button to get pain relief, so he hits it about every 20 minutes, after he hits it for about 15 minutes we talk about things thats going on in the world and about how things are at home. Read him newspaper everyday cause he likes to keep up on current events, after 15 minutes he's tired lays back down sometimes he sleeps for afew most of the time he just moans in pain and ask god to take him. Don't you love addicts like my grandfather, well I do....

Location hidden

#39 Jul 25, 2011
sukmycokupig wrote:
<quoted text>\
idiot cop/pig, or jus a rent a cop or cok sucker or pedifile in uniform, got picked on in school cuz u were a lil dweeb and u feelings are hurt so now u went to police academy or whatever u want to call it, to earn the right to carry a weapon to defend urself cuz ur jus a pusy azz btch..
Man you are over the edge. That oxy done warped your brain. Notice how the addicts get very defensive and attack anybody and everybody when you cut off their supply? I'm really not sure how to answer this post so I'll just let it go.

RUF-ing, wake up! They're going off the deep end, man!!! LOL
People are so IGNORANT

United States

#40 Aug 1, 2011
I've never been to a pill mill but I've read a lot a out them lately. Partly the DEA Is to blame because they scare so many DR's out of prescribing pain meds for people that really need it. I myself see a very reputable pain management neurosurgeon and we do more than just pain meds like epidurals once in a while but I'll be honest I do take Roxycodone and Oxycontin and my Dr has no problem prescribing it bc he knows I'm in pain but so are a lot of these other people that go to the "pill mills" I'm sure are just as many that aren't in pain that go to make a profit off the pain pills but just because someone needs pain meds doesn't make them an addict and if you think so you are very Ignorant! For some of you looking for a Reputable PM Dr you can check with Pain Solutions out of Marietta or Pinnacle Orthopedics and a lot of times a Neurologist will offer pain management for people that really need it too. But nobody knows the pain anyone else feels so those of you judging STOP because if you've never known chronic pain then you have no right to open your mouth about someone that needs Pain Management.
oh hush

Pine Lake, GA

#41 Aug 1, 2011
People are so IGNORANT wrote:
I've never been to a pill mill but I've read a lot a out them lately. Partly the DEA Is to blame because they scare so many DR's out of prescribing pain meds for people that really need it. I myself see a very reputable pain management neurosurgeon and we do more than just pain meds like epidurals once in a while but I'll be honest I do take Roxycodone and Oxycontin and my Dr has no problem prescribing it bc he knows I'm in pain but so are a lot of these other people that go to the "pill mills" I'm sure are just as many that aren't in pain that go to make a profit off the pain pills but just because someone needs pain meds doesn't make them an addict and if you think so you are very Ignorant! For some of you looking for a Reputable PM Dr you can check with Pain Solutions out of Marietta or Pinnacle Orthopedics and a lot of times a Neurologist will offer pain management for people that really need it too. But nobody knows the pain anyone else feels so those of you judging STOP because if you've never known chronic pain then you have no right to open your mouth about someone that needs Pain Management.
We are talking about two different kinds of practices here. They ones we are talking about take cash only. Does yours? The ones we are talking about charge roughly 250 the first visit, then 200 every other visit. Does yours charge that. These take CASH only. Does yours accept cash only? No, because these doctors know they are dealing with shady characters.

Notice how all the people that posted on here in a frenzy were from Tennessee and Kentucky. They are gone now somewhere else like ants on a trail of sugar.

Don't try to act like these pill pushers are the same as reputable doctors.
People have no clue

United States

#42 Aug 1, 2011
Carey wrote:
New state law just went into effect setting up a statewide database for pain preciptions. If you go to multiple docs it will show up and the law will come knocking at your door.
Carey- You have NO CLUE as to what you are talking about!!! The Tracking system LAW has be3en passed, but their is such sytem in place & won't be operational until AT LEAST 2013. Know the facts!
People have no clue

United States

#43 Aug 1, 2011
oh hush wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about two different kinds of practices here. They ones we are talking about take cash only. Does yours? The ones we are talking about charge roughly 250 the first visit, then 200 every other visit. Does yours charge that. These take CASH only. Does yours accept cash only? No, because these doctors know they are dealing with shady characters.
Notice how all the people that posted on here in a frenzy were from Tennessee and Kentucky. They are gone now somewhere else like ants on a trail of sugar.
Don't try to act like these pill pushers are the same as reputable doctors.
Oh Hush- I understand you are talking about pill mills, and shady people as you call them BUT it is not only drug seekers that go there i'm sure of that, because if i couldn't find a Dr. that would help me with my chronic pain, don't think for a second that i wouldn't find ANYONE no matter if i had to pay $500 for a visit, that I wouldn't go! Like i said the DEA is partly to blame! The DEA also has limited the amount of Narcotics that drug stores can order now. There is actually a shortage & that is a sad thing for people like me that take them, and actually need them. I understand they are trying to stop the addicts & pushers but they are also hindering people that actually need the help from getting it! Once the pill mills are gone,k people are gonna go right back to heroin or crack, and meth!

It's always gonna be some drug, somewhere that is in demand, and right now it's oxycodone. It's sad, it can ruin lives if people aren't monitored on it and i understand that these places aren't doing what they should be but like i said, the DEA is partly to blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fitgirl 8 hr notamused 123
To Many People With No Lives On Cartersville To... Mon The Other Observer 10
any other missing mommies? Mon Pablo 12
Homewreckers Sun Dafuquwant 6
Legally wrong Jun 25 Get real 46
Tiffany Sisson (Dec '16) Jun 25 war is yucky 8
4 Seasons Subdivion Drama Jun 23 Mr Hardup 8

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance