Teacher cuts

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
BOE

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 1, 2013
 
What's the word on the street?
gagirl

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 1, 2013
 
What do you know/have u heard?
Boyd Crowder

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

BOE wrote:
What's the word on the street?
Word is the state going to cut education even more. All local elected officials want a raise. They deserve it. How can they survive on 100k a year? If teachers continue the furloughs there should be enough in the budget to give the well deserved raises to our local elected officials. Teachers make too much as it is. It's crazy to pay a college graduate 35,000 a year to teach our children when our hard working elected officials are working 20-30 hours a week for 110,000-120,000 K per year!
Raylan Givens

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 1, 2013
 
Boyd Crowder wrote:
<quoted text>Word is the state going to cut education even more. All local elected officials want a raise. They deserve it. How can they survive on 100k a year? If teachers continue the furloughs there should be enough in the budget to give the well deserved raises to our local elected officials. Teachers make too much as it is. It's crazy to pay a college graduate 35,000 a year to teach our children when our hard working elected officials are working 20-30 hours a week for 110,000-120,000 K per year!
This better be a joke. I'll be watching to see if the local legislation pushes this through. Surely Barry and our other "Conservative" legislators will not allow it. We're in a budget crisis for crying out loud!! What Idiot elected official would think this is a good idea?
no way

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 1, 2013
 
Get rid of these good for nothing teachers in this county. I've never met one that wasn't stupid as a rock. Bring in new teachers in Bartow.
Joe Redd

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 2, 2013
 
Raylan Givens wrote:
<quoted text>This better be a joke. I'll be watching to see if the local legislation pushes this through. Surely Barry and our other "Conservative" legislators will not allow it. We're in a budget crisis for crying out loud!! What Idiot elected official would think this is a good idea?
To answer your last question. The elected officials at the courthouse think its a good idea.
Scrumty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

1

There is no need to furlough one single teacher. There is no need to cut teacher pay. In fact EXCELLENT teachers ought to be paid much more than they currently are.

How is this achieved?

Abolish every local, state and federal teachers union in this country and take the hundreds of million of dollars PER YEAR that are wasted paying these political tools and shift the money to finding, training and compensating the best possible men and women in America to educate our countries children

While your at it abolish the Dept of "Edgu-ma-k-shun" in DC as well.

Here endeth the lesson

Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 2, 2013
 
Not sure where the missing letter went

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Scrumty wrote:
There is no need to furlough one single teacher. There is no need to cut teacher pay. In fact EXCELLENT teachers ought to be paid much more than they currently are.
How is this achieved?
Abolish every local, state and federal teachers union in this country and take the hundreds of million of dollars PER YEAR that are wasted paying these political tools and shift the money to finding, training and compensating the best possible men and women in America to educate our countries children
While your at it abolish the Dept of "Edgu-ma-k-shun" in DC as well.
Here endeth the lesson
Couldn't agree more.
Oh Please

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 3, 2013
 
Boyd Crowder is full of nonsense. Our state legislators only make $17,000 a year. As far as the county elected officials, they make more, and that is set by the state, but I doubt any of them have the nerve to ask for more money from the legislature. If you want to know whether anyone in local government is pushing for raises, just look at the legislation Battles, Coomer, Loudermilk and Hufstetler have submitted and see if there is anything local. I don't think you'll find anything, especially anything financial.

I call BS. Someone is just trying to stir things up.
Dusty Rhodes

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 3, 2013
 
Oh Please wrote:
Boyd Crowder is full of nonsense. Our state legislators only make $17,000 a year. As far as the county elected officials, they make more, and that is set by the state, but I doubt any of them have the nerve to ask for more money from the legislature. If you want to know whether anyone in local government is pushing for raises, just look at the legislation Battles, Coomer, Loudermilk and Hufstetler have submitted and see if there is anything local. I don't think you'll find anything, especially anything financial.
I call BS. Someone is just trying to stir things up.
Why don't ya just ask them?
say what

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Scrumty wrote:
There is no need to furlough one single teacher. There is no need to cut teacher pay. In fact EXCELLENT teachers ought to be paid much more than they currently are.
How is this achieved?
Abolish every local, state and federal teachers union in this country and take the hundreds of million of dollars PER YEAR that are wasted paying these political tools and shift the money to finding, training and compensating the best possible men and women in America to educate our countries children
While your at it abolish the Dept of "Edgu-ma-k-shun" in DC as well.
Here endeth the lesson
You love requoting yourself, fatboy. It's about time you tell us the story of the poison well again. Suck it
Oh Please

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 3, 2013
 
Dusty Rhodes wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't ya just ask them?
Why not just look on the General Assembly website? I looked at all 4 legislators and the only local legislation I saw was to revise the city charters for Euharlee and Emerson. Local county elected officials aren't allowed to set their own salaries, and we are almost to the deadline for bills to pass this year. If there isn't anything already there, it isn't happening, at least not this year.

No legislator or local elected official is getting a raise. Again, Boyd Crowder is full of it. And none of them make $110,00-120,000. That sounds more along the lines of the low end of Harper's salary or another administrator's salary, not a local elected official. People shouldn't make up rumors that are easily verified as untrue when you know where to look.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 4, 2013
 
say what wrote:
<quoted text>
You love requoting yourself, fatboy. It's about time you tell us the story of the poison well again. Suck it
Find me the previous post I used those words in ass hat.

Don't go away mad. Just go away
Sam

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Scrumty wrote:
There is no need to furlough one single teacher. There is no need to cut teacher pay. In fact EXCELLENT teachers ought to be paid much more than they currently are.

How is this achieved?

Abolish every local, state and federal teachers union in this country and take the hundreds of million of dollars PER YEAR that are wasted paying these political tools and shift the money to finding, training and compensating the best possible men and women in America to educate our countries children

While your at it abolish the Dept of "Edgu-ma-k-shun" in DC as well.

Here endeth the lesson
Right on - allow schools to ditch the bottom feeders too
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

say what wrote:
<quoted text>
You love requoting yourself, fatboy. It's about time you tell us the story of the poison well again. Suck it
Still researching, or are you just stuck under the bridge you troll?
Teacher

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Teachers in Ga. are forbidden from creating a union. There is no right to collectively bargain. Please quit listening to Faux News.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Teacher wrote:
Teachers in Ga. are forbidden from creating a union. There is no right to collectively bargain. Please quit listening to Faux News.
There are 4 states without a STATE teachers union. Georgia is indeed one of them. That still leaves 46 others with a state based union. Oh and lets not forget the NEA, the NUT (yeah nut)The AFT, The National Association of Elementary School Principles.

I could do this all day.

Shut them all down. Take the Hundreds of millions of dollars collected and spent each election cycle to elect demoturds and use it to find, educate and pay the best teachers in the world.

Now you go back to watching Raging Mancow on PMS-NBC

Still searching for that non existent quote "say what"??

Douchebag
okay

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 8, 2013
 
Scrumpty wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 4 states without a STATE teachers union. Georgia is indeed one of them. That still leaves 46 others with a state based union. Oh and lets not forget the NEA, the NUT (yeah nut)The AFT, The National Association of Elementary School Principles.
I could do this all day.
Shut them all down. Take the Hundreds of millions of dollars collected and spent each election cycle to elect demoturds and use it to find, educate and pay the best teachers in the world.
Now you go back to watching Raging Mancow on PMS-NBC
Still searching for that non existent quote "say what"??
Douchebag
Would you drop it, craphead? No, do this.. keep looking. If it takes two years, keep looking. A little obsessive compulsive, aren't you, boy? Let it go, yankee boy.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

okay wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you drop it, craphead? No, do this.. keep looking. If it takes two years, keep looking. A little obsessive compulsive, aren't you, boy? Let it go, yankee boy.
What's your problem, it's nice when someone comes on here with facts for a change, rather than just propaganda.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of66
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Cartersville Forum right now

Search the Cartersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min DapperDave 49,373
Rumors circulate around Euharlee shooting 19 min PC Law 1,193
Review: Cartersville Dental Group - Karen P Wis... (Jul '11) 26 min surprised 61
Things to Do 28 min Fuzzybananas 1
Illegal Loudermilk Signs 2 hr libtardslayer 28
Johnnys smoke house 2 hr funny 9
Chris Paul, Attorney at Law or Plea Bargain Bob 3 hr Plea bob 28
•••
•••

Cartersville News Video

•••
Cartersville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cartersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cartersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cartersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cartersville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••