Cabelas still coming! YAY!!

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
really

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2011
Really? Or are you just being an A-Hole?
C-ville Citizen

Rome, GA

#3 Mar 15, 2011
This would be great for the community.
hmm

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2011
Haven't heard anything about that.
unreal

United States

#5 Mar 15, 2011
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's a lie!
Hmmm

Calhoun, GA

#6 Mar 18, 2011
I wonder if the people in Adairsville will wake up this time. Adairsville is not Mayberry anymore; citizens need jobs. A store like Cabela's is a great way to stimulate the local economy. People will come to Adairsville, spend money, and head back home. If you are worried about traffic and crowds, sell your house (which will be worth a lot more!) and by a place outside of town. Come on back, Cabela's !
t diddy

Cartersville, GA

#7 Mar 18, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
I wonder if the people in Adairsville will wake up this time. Adairsville is not Mayberry anymore; citizens need jobs. A store like Cabela's is a great way to stimulate the local economy. People will come to Adairsville, spend money, and head back home. If you are worried about traffic and crowds, sell your house (which will be worth a lot more!) and by a place outside of town. Come on back, Cabela's !
I couldn't have said it better myself
Faye

Cartersville, GA

#8 Mar 18, 2011
Sorry Adairsville, pretty good source saying Cabela's looking at Emerson area to be near the new Dreamparks at Lakepoint sports complex.
Boogy man

Marietta, GA

#9 Mar 19, 2011
Faye wrote:
Sorry Adairsville, pretty good source saying Cabela's looking at Emerson area to be near the new Dreamparks at Lakepoint sports complex.
Good Emerson would be a good place for it and an Olive Garden too.
the truth

Cartersville, GA

#10 Mar 19, 2011
Boogy man wrote:
<quoted text>
Emerson is a good place for what it already has THE COUNTY DUMP!
been there

Marietta, GA

#11 Mar 19, 2011
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>Emerson is a good place for what it already has THE COUNTY DUMP!
It must not be too bad, all of these companies are wanting to build there. Are you jealous you don't own property. It's gonna be a hot place once all these place start building.
Olive Garden Lover

Cartersville, GA

#12 Mar 19, 2011
Boogy man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have an Olive Garden than Cabellas or a baseball complex. An Olive Garden is a sign a town has "made it" and would bring other business to this community.
Hmmm

Calhoun, GA

#13 Mar 19, 2011
Come on down to Adairsville. We have natural springs perfectly suited for the store aquascapes. We are located right on I-75 just between Chattanooga and Atlanta. We have local hunting and fishing authorities. Let Emerson have their sports complex...give Adairsville Cabela's ! There were people threatening to picket the last time Cabela's looked at beautiful Adairsville....now I bet many of those folks would drop their picket signs and get in line for a job ! Roll out the red carpet Adairsville; tourism is better than metal factories and stinky dye houses !!!!
t diddy

Cartersville, GA

#14 Mar 20, 2011
Olive Garden Lover wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather have an Olive Garden than Cabellas or a baseball complex. An Olive Garden is a sign a town has "made it" and would bring other business to this community.
Sorry OG Lover we aren't getting an olive garden any time soon. Guess Cartersville just hasn't made it.
t diddy

Cartersville, GA

#15 Mar 20, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
Come on down to Adairsville. We have natural springs perfectly suited for the store aquascapes. We are located right on I-75 just between Chattanooga and Atlanta. We have local hunting and fishing authorities. Let Emerson have their sports complex...give Adairsville Cabela's ! There were people threatening to picket the last time Cabela's looked at beautiful Adairsville....now I bet many of those folks would drop their picket signs and get in line for a job ! Roll out the red carpet Adairsville; tourism is better than metal factories and stinky dye houses !!!!
Any idea why they boycotted the first time?
Hmmm

Calhoun, GA

#16 Mar 20, 2011
Oh, I have my theories and things I heard through the grapevine. Many were irritated over the tax issue and didn't believe Cabela's should get special tax privileges. Others were afraid those who owned property in Adairsville might make some money...I mean people making an honest dollar ? I guess it seems scandalous to some. Many wanted to keep Adairsville's "small town feel". They were afraid of infrastructure issues, overcrowding, and such. The brothers of Cabela's do not want to build stores where they are not wanted. They have encountered similar issues in other states over the taxation debate. I am afraid Adairsville missed a great opportunity to make it on the map. The town would have experienced growth, but nothing unmanageable, and good clean industry. Adairsville, the chenille days are over ! Peach orchard days and shipping depot...gone ! If Cabela's even glances its way again, the citizens better put on a new red dress, some lively music, and get ready to tango !
Mystisch

Griffin, GA

#17 Sep 15, 2012
9/15/2012 ~ SOmeone said that they are fixing up Main STreet in Cartersville in Preparation for the New Cabella's and an Aldi's that are both coming soon but the post says Cabella's may be going to Adarisville.~ Does anyone really know what's going on??
Watching

Rome, GA

#19 Sep 16, 2012
lakepoint+bass pro shops=a real possibility
EDUCATED

Rome, GA

#20 Sep 16, 2012
red neck stores for rednecks///////////rock and roll
Watching

United States

#21 Sep 17, 2012
EDUCATED wrote:
red neck stores for rednecks//////////rock and roll
You really are an idiot. How's that liberal community college degree working out for you?
Scumpty

Cartersville, GA

#22 Sep 17, 2012
Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are an idiot. How's that liberal community college degree working out for you?
His "education" is in ignorance.

At that he's been awarded a PHD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hit & run 3/3/15 on Main Street 27 min Concerned 12
Dr. Harper's license problem 1 hr Still waiting 74
I'm a virgin 14 hr Regina danial 1
What happened to Mike Wilson? 19 hr Cartersvillian 1
Review: Atlanta Wheel Doctor Tue Atlanta Whole Doctor 15
Cartersville Schools Schedule Make-Up Day For I... Tue A Student 1
Former CPD officer arrested on molestation charges (Jun '12) Tue tki 105

Flood Warning for Bartow County was issued at March 05 at 9:45AM EST

Cartersville News Video

Cartersville Dating