Steve Taylor Scandals
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Mary

Cartersville, GA

#1 Aug 7, 2012
The local clique is holding their noses and supporting Taylor so they can maintain their power and gravy train. Taylow knows where the bodies are buried and the clique has dirt on him too to keep him in line.

(1) I just learned that the AFL-CIO radical leftwing labor union that supports Obama has endorsed Steve Taylor. Basically we have 2 choices... either vote for Bearden or just stay home cause they're ain't no way I'm voting for a labor union guy.

(2) Steve Taylor is one of six people who sit on the JDA. They issued millions in bonds to build that empty business park on Cass-White Road... telling everyone that the taxpayers would not be on the hook for it. Well they lied! They were in danger of defaulting so the county held its next SPLOST vote 2 years early so they could borrow $20 million ahead of time and use it to bail out Taylor and the JDA... and then offering the park for sale at a loss. Taylor does not have the financial leadership ability to serve as commissioner.

(3) 100's of Bartow County families were stockholders in Unity National Bank and lost everything when the bank failed. Steve Taylor was on the board of directors who were charged by the FDIC with overseeing the bank's operations. They approved bad loans and didn't monitor management closely and now the bank is toast. Again more bad finincial management from Taylor.

I've never met Mike Bearden... voted for Abernathy in the Primary... but I'm willing to take a chance.

Since: Jul 12

Covington, GA

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Nice post
now now

Rome, GA

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Have to agree, not with the Obama comment, but with everything else, Taylor is BAD NEWS, but hey this is Cartersville, and he will most likely be re-elected. But hey he goes to strip clubs all the time, probably on the cash he earned from that bank fiasco.
Claude

Covington, GA

#4 Aug 7, 2012
Steve is a nice enough fellow but that doesn't qualify him to be commissioner. Bearden seems a little gruff, but has the intelect and experience we need. Sometimes you just can't get everything you want in a candidate. I'm willing to take chance on Bearden.
mytwocents

Norcross, GA

#5 Aug 7, 2012
Mary wrote:
The local clique is holding their noses and supporting Taylor so they can maintain their power and gravy train. Taylow knows where the bodies are buried and the clique has dirt on him too to keep him in line.

(1) I just learned that the AFL-CIO radical leftwing labor union that supports Obama has endorsed Steve Taylor. Basically we have 2 choices... either vote for Bearden or just stay home cause they're ain't no way I'm voting for a labor union guy.

(2) Steve Taylor is one of six people who sit on the JDA. They issued millions in bonds to build that empty business park on Cass-White Road... telling everyone that the taxpayers would not be on the hook for it. Well they lied! They were in danger of defaulting so the county held its next SPLOST vote 2 years early so they could borrow $20 million ahead of time and use it to bail out Taylor and the JDA... and then offering the park for sale at a loss. Taylor does not have the financial leadership ability to serve as commissioner.

(3) 100's of Bartow County families were stockholders in Unity National Bank and lost everything when the bank failed. Steve Taylor was on the board of directors who were charged by the FDIC with overseeing the bank's operations. They approved bad loans and didn't monitor management closely and now the bank is toast. Again more bad finincial management from Taylor.

I've never met Mike Bearden... voted for Abernathy in the Primary... but I'm willing to take a chance.
Can you share your source for topic 1?
Bill

Rome, GA

#6 Aug 7, 2012
Mary wrote:
The local clique is holding their noses and supporting Taylor so they can maintain their power and gravy train. Taylow knows where the bodies are buried and the clique has dirt on him too to keep him in line.
(1) I just learned that the AFL-CIO radical leftwing labor union that supports Obama has endorsed Steve Taylor. Basically we have 2 choices... either vote for Bearden or just stay home cause they're ain't no way I'm voting for a labor union guy.
(2) Steve Taylor is one of six people who sit on the JDA. They issued millions in bonds to build that empty business park on Cass-White Road... telling everyone that the taxpayers would not be on the hook for it. Well they lied! They were in danger of defaulting so the county held its next SPLOST vote 2 years early so they could borrow $20 million ahead of time and use it to bail out Taylor and the JDA... and then offering the park for sale at a loss. Taylor does not have the financial leadership ability to serve as commissioner.
(3) 100's of Bartow County families were stockholders in Unity National Bank and lost everything when the bank failed. Steve Taylor was on the board of directors who were charged by the FDIC with overseeing the bank's operations. They approved bad loans and didn't monitor management closely and now the bank is toast. Again more bad finincial management from Taylor.
I've never met Mike Bearden... voted for Abernathy in the Primary... but I'm willing to take a chance.
Mike, you obviously know your way behind so I guess it's time to start slinging the mud!! I remember you stating numerous times who you are and in what order (keep that in mind before you post). People in this county are smarter than you think, Steve is going to win an is the right man for the job.
Shirley

Conyers, GA

#7 Aug 7, 2012
Here we go again. Reminds me of the last minute desperate attempts by the Knowles camp to discredit Millsap.

Where were you yahoos before now?
Biggy Smalls

Rome, GA

#8 Aug 7, 2012
Shirley wrote:
Here we go again. Reminds me of the last minute desperate attempts by the Knowles camp to discredit Millsap.
Where were you yahoos before now?
Your right Shirley. The Bearden campaign will go to any lengths to win this election even fabricating AFL-CIO garbage. You would think they would see it didn't work against Sheriff Millsap an it's not going to work this time.
Phil

Covington, GA

#9 Aug 7, 2012
So any time someone posts verifiable truths about Steve Taylor the clique zombies come on here and accuse Bearden of making the post. So predictable... change the subject instead of responding to issues. Guess Taylor is guilty as charged.
Good Ole Girl

Cartersville, GA

#10 Aug 7, 2012
What's so scandalous about the endorsement? Mr. Taylor should be proud to be endorsed by that fine organization. I might vote for him if I saw it.
Twisted truths

Adairsville, GA

#11 Aug 7, 2012
Phil wrote:
So any time someone posts verifiable truths about Steve Taylor the clique zombies come on here and accuse Bearden of making the post. So predictable... change the subject instead of responding to issues. Guess Taylor is guilty as charged.
What are you calling verifiable truths? I mean the topix title say "scandal" which would generally involve charges and arrests. None of that has occurred. I am sure you will argue that this is because he is above the law. Sure, commissioners and congressmen are charged elsewhere but JDA members are above the law here, right? Is that what you would have us believe?

Such twisted facts. Bankers that violated laws are charged like the Integrity bank directors. That has not occurred here. By this logic, anyone who lost money In real estate is a bad business person. You will argue that he lost other peoples money. It was a stock to buy and sell just like anything else. I know people that made a lot a money when they sold their bank stock in unity. It was the most profitable bank locally for 10 years. I guess that is not a factor now.

On the park off cass white, where does this 20 million in debt talk come from? We could be paying it off gradually with Toyo property tax (2 million per year currently) but chose to save some interest and pay it off early. This is what folks call bad business? Paying off a bond early? I don't understand how paying off a debt faster is bad business. AND it fits in the current budget even with how tight it is!

Oh....and I guess the JDA get zero credit for Toyo right? Someone else must have done that!
For real

Cartersville, GA

#12 Aug 7, 2012
Mike...So, let me get this straight...Steve Taylor is in charge of unity bank failure? I do believe the economy is the reason why. Just like all the other banks in this town that failed, this state, and across this country. Im just sitting back observing here and it appears that mike Abernathy chose to endorse Taylor based on morality which You Bearden do not possess. Also, I have been to every debate because I do my research and I really wonder if all of you "bearden" fans have? Bearden, you say your all Bartow, how much money have you spent in Bartow besides your entry fee? NOTHING according to your financial report. All your money that you loaned yourself was spent out of town. Tailors was spent in our town. PEOPLE PLEASE LOOK THIS UP!!!
Mop

Adairsville, GA

#13 Aug 7, 2012
For real wrote:
Mike...So, let me get this straight...Steve Taylor is in charge of unity bank failure? I do believe the economy is the reason why. Just like all the other banks in this town that failed, this state, and across this country. Im just sitting back observing here and it appears that mike Abernathy chose to endorse Taylor based on morality which You Bearden do not possess. Also, I have been to every debate because I do my research and I really wonder if all of you "bearden" fans have? Bearden, you say your all Bartow, how much money have you spent in Bartow besides your entry fee? NOTHING according to your financial report. All your money that you loaned yourself was spent out of town. Tailors was spent in our town. PEOPLE PLEASE LOOK THIS UP!!!
I kmow! The campaign flyers were made in Rome! What audacity! It even says so on the back. What a dummy!
Wilbert Afinghammer

Rome, GA

#14 Aug 7, 2012
Well I am a proud member of the IBEW and I support Steve because I really care about my county. I care also about coming out in the driving rain and getting your power back on after the storms. I have a good friend that brings your packages to you in the UPS truck. What about those folks who drive the trains and fly the planes. And after a long day at work a good cold Bud made right here in Cartersville. And those hundreds of Bartow citizens who have made all those airplnes at Lockheed that helped preserve our freedom. I make 21.00 per hour is that to much to risk my life to get your power on ??? I voted for McCain and Bush and go back to Nixon. I went to the debates and it pretty strange that Bearden own brothers and sister has not shown up for any event
including the July 4th event. I heard that they were not voting for him and I can see why they know him.
Mary wrote:
The local clique is holding their noses and supporting Taylor so they can maintain their power and gravy train. Taylow knows where the bodies are buried and the clique has dirt on him too to keep him in line.
(1) I just learned that the AFL-CIO radical leftwing labor union that supports Obama has endorsed Steve Taylor. Basically we have 2 choices... either vote for Bearden or just stay home cause they're ain't no way I'm voting for a labor union guy.
(2) Steve Taylor is one of six people who sit on the JDA. They issued millions in bonds to build that empty business park on Cass-White Road... telling everyone that the taxpayers would not be on the hook for it. Well they lied! They were in danger of defaulting so the county held its next SPLOST vote 2 years early so they could borrow $20 million ahead of time and use it to bail out Taylor and the JDA... and then offering the park for sale at a loss. Taylor does not have the financial leadership ability to serve as commissioner.
(3) 100's of Bartow County families were stockholders in Unity National Bank and lost everything when the bank failed. Steve Taylor was on the board of directors who were charged by the FDIC with overseeing the bank's operations. They approved bad loans and didn't monitor management closely and now the bank is toast. Again more bad finincial management from Taylor.
I've never met Mike Bearden... voted for Abernathy in the Primary... but I'm willing to take a chance.
Facts for free

Cartersville, GA

#15 Aug 7, 2012
Part of that consulting team lives in Bartow. If that's all you have, that's pretty lame.
booger

Cartersville, GA

#16 Aug 7, 2012
Well make sure you talk about having a by-God american beer every day. Do you know who owns that beer manufacturing place? It sure as hell isn't an american company. Put the beer down and spend time with your kids.
Lewis

Covington, GA

#17 Aug 7, 2012
For real wrote:
Mike...So, let me get this straight...Steve Taylor is in charge of unity bank failure? I do believe the economy is the reason why. Just like all the other banks in this town that failed, this state, and across this country. Im just sitting back observing here and it appears that mike Abernathy chose to endorse Taylor based on morality which You Bearden do not possess. Also, I have been to every debate because I do my research and I really wonder if all of you "bearden" fans have? Bearden, you say your all Bartow, how much money have you spent in Bartow besides your entry fee? NOTHING according to your financial report. All your money that you loaned yourself was spent out of town. Tailors was spent in our town. PEOPLE PLEASE LOOK THIS UP!!!
Most banks DID NOT fail - Unity did. Steve Taylor was on the board of directors who legally managed the bank. With better management they could have made it.
Lewis

Covington, GA

#18 Aug 7, 2012
Twisted truths wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you calling verifiable truths? Such twisted facts. Bankers that violated laws are charged like the Integrity bank directors. That has not occurred here. You will argue that he lost other peoples money. It was a stock to buy and sell just like anything else. I know people that made a lot a money when they sold their bank stock in unity. On the park off cass white, where does this 20 million in debt talk come from? We could be paying it off gradually with Toyo property tax (2 million per year currently) but chose to save some interest and pay it off early. This is what folks call bad business? Paying off a bond early? I don't understand how paying off a debt faster is bad business. AND it fits in the current budget even with how tight it is!
Oh....and I guess the JDA get zero credit for Toyo right? Someone else must have done that!
Steve that is a nice spin but completely BOGUS!

(1) Yes the FDIC is coming after board members from failed banks. Just because they haven't charged the Unity folks yet doesn't mean they won't.

(3) The business park was owned by the JDA and they could not use county taxes from Toyo to pay their debt. In fact the county budget is so tight that even if they could use Toyo taxes they couldn't afford to.

(2) The story in the Tribune from last fall was that the county had to take $20 million in our local SPLOST funds to "buy" the Cass-White business park from the JDA so they could offer it for sale at a loss because the JDA had more in it than it was worth. The business park IS a scandal by any definition. At the least it shows a pattern of financial mismanagement by Taylor.
Wilbern

Rome, GA

#19 Aug 7, 2012
Steve Taylor choose to stay here in Bartow County and Build a business and serve our county. I have known Steve for years and he is a hard working man. It one thing to run other peoples budgets but its more important to run your own as Steve has.
I work for the county and I am terrified that I am on Bearden's To Fire List. The people I work with work hard everyday and we have given up pay and we don't make that much. Please pray for the families of the people that Bearden is planning on firing if he gets elected. I would vote for Steve if I could I lost my home and had to move in with my brother in Gordon County.
Facts for free wrote:
Part of that consulting team lives in Bartow. If that's all you have, that's pretty lame.

Since: May 12

United States

#20 Aug 7, 2012
It is easy to verify who has spent money where during this campaign. Go to www.ethics.ga.gov and you can see all the details - contributions and expenditures. All of Steve's successes (and his challenges)happened here in Bartow County and are easy to verify. Bearden touts himself as all about Bartow but doesn't put his money where is mouth is and won't provide the names of all the multimillion dollar companies he claims to have virtually lead to the promised land. Bartow County should fear Mike Bearden - the man's ego would be the downfall of this county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a predominantly black / African Ame... (Mar '13) 9 hr CHRISTIAN 20
Missing Video Anyone? 9 hr Captain America 6
What Happened to Logan Kelly? (Nov '14) 19 hr august johnson 3
becca 22 hr cartersville 12
Sheriff candidate (Sep '14) Thu Bert 54
how was rebecca dover invovled with murder? Wed gail_c_83 68
Deputy Woody (Nov '10) Aug 26 Final Thoughts 231
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cartersville Mortgages