First Prev
of 3
Next Last
radio question

Cartersville, GA

#1 Feb 6, 2011
okay so i've never seen so much drama over a tiny am station (PS guys AM is dying!)

also what's all this about dylan patrick?

i've never even heard of him. will he be doing a show? is he really a far-leftist? interesting... WYXC seems desperate but it might just get the callers in. hell.. why not?
Falcon Man

Rome, GA

#2 Feb 6, 2011
wyxc is waiting on the real owner Chip Rogers state rep. in woodstock, according to the AJC, speaker of the house has taken the most money and gifts, and vacations, Chip Rogers is second, lobbist spent 250,000 in Ja. 2011, can you believe that ???
Really

Cartersville, GA

#3 Feb 7, 2011
Dylan is a 20 something little boy. He likes to pretend he's special by posting long, pointless rants online, hoping no one is willing to read all of it & figure out he's talking out his rear. He's also had NO buzz around him being involved with the station, which is why he created this post for attention.
Deanna Berry

United States

#4 Feb 7, 2011
Hey, that sounds familiar. Where have I read that?
Christy

Cartersville, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2011
Dylan is a nut job as the first post is obviously his. I tried to listen to WYXC today to see what the fuss was about. OMG! Right in the middle of Smerconish (sp?) talking a short Fox new thing interupted it. Nothing local on the staion and sloppy sounding as all get out. FAIL!
Sam

Cartersville, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2011
WYXC is a joke now. I used to listen all the time when they had good shows like Glenn Beck. Even liked Dave Ramsey sometimes. The station used to sound clean and professional. I know this Tommy guy is just trying to start back up, but lord it sounds terrible. Maybe he'll make it, but I just don't see it happening.
Linda

Cartersville, GA

#7 Feb 7, 2011
Well the good news is I just heard that Jim Adams show at 5 PM ain't gonna happen. I'd rather listen to static. All he does is talk about acting and he interupts his guests continuously.
Jeff b

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 7, 2011
Linda don't know what you heard but he is sick this week and will start next Monday. And you are not required to listen so don't.
Clarence

Cartersville, GA

#9 Feb 7, 2011
Well, Tommy is a good old boy, but I think he may be in a little over his head this time. That station don't sound so good.
Fred

Cartersville, GA

#10 Feb 7, 2011
He'll bankrupt WYXC just like he bankrupted his Cartersville AAMCO place. Unless he's playing with somebody else's money - then he'll bankrupt them!
terry

Cartersville, GA

#11 Feb 8, 2011
Tommy is a user and he's using Jim Adams because Tommy has no clue what he's doing down there. Also Dylan needs to watch out. I know he thinks getting to play radio guy is fantastic, but once again Tommy will jkust use him and throw him away. And Dylan, the radio industry is dead. There are 1000's of qualified and experienced former Dj's and talk show hosts and news guys & gals who have lost their jobs the past 3 years. Go find another career.
Larry

Cartersville, GA

#12 Feb 9, 2011
OK guys I saw a big black government SUV parked at the station all day. Did the FCC raid you guys?
Blake

Cartersville, GA

#14 Feb 9, 2011
They have some serious problems and need to invest in some new microphones and apparently a new engineer. I used to listen when the other guy ran it and David Paul was doing the morning show and it sounded great. It sounded so bad tonight on the Buzzard radio show I bet they had a hamster powering the transmitter. Of course it could be worse - Joe Tilley could be working there.
mary

Cartersville, GA

#16 Feb 9, 2011
Captain Bankruptcy! Now that is funny! LOL

I've actually met Tommy and he's a friendly guy, but I just don't think he understands radio and from the way the place sounds I just can't see anybody wasting money on advertising.
Pull My Finger

Cartersville, GA

#17 Feb 9, 2011
and when you do you'll hear exactly what NewsTalk 1270 sounds like
Yellow Jacket

Cartersville, GA

#18 Feb 10, 2011
Yelp, WSUX (Suck Radio) is not for friendly Cartersville. They need to take that junk back to the City and let us stick with morning Swap Shop like Rockmart. They have too much hate to Air.
jima1954

Atlanta, GA

#19 Feb 10, 2011
We're not going anywhere. Just working out the kinks. Anytime you install a new, complicated system, there are going to be problems. I think some of the posters (or should I say poster under several aliases) have a personal agenda with the station.
yellow jacket

Toledo, OH

#20 Feb 10, 2011
jima1954 wrote:
We're not going anywhere. Just working out the kinks. Anytime you install a new, complicated system, there are going to be problems. I think some of the posters (or should I say poster under several aliases) have a personal agenda with the station.
I'm just one person who think that FOX Hate Radio SUCKS. This station done a good Job when they were closed. Welch back WSUX Radio!
WYXC fan

Cartersville, GA

#21 Feb 10, 2011
we're not all Fox News Radio alone.

We are GNN and local programming. Some of it's not even right wing. We have programs for all kinds of talk radio listners who enjoy the format. the quality of the local programming will get better over time.

it's gonna rock.

peace out haters.
ernie

Cartersville, GA

#22 Feb 10, 2011
Fan sounds like Dylan again. Hi Dylan! Almost every AM station in Georgia is a GNN news affiliate and a Weather Channel affiliate - big deal. I love Fox News and real Fox shows like Hannity and Beck. But you couldn't pay me to listen to the yankees like Brian Kilmeade and Michael Smerconish you have on your station. Tommy Young is not entertaining and Dylan I doubt you will be either. For a couple of weeks some folks are gonna listen and call you just to rattle your cage. After that you'll be speaking to the wind cause nobody will be listening other than JM Prince.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylorsville Elementary School 20 min Goodyear 61
Best place to have car sex in cartersville (Sep '12) 5 hr Manna-tee 63
Matt Wallace 5 hr MCCLAIN 8
Crown Inn 7 hr Scrumpty 30
wbhf 100.3 fm am 1450 Thu SEA BASS 29
No one really wants a nympho (Dec '15) Thu Mr Hardup 12
whats your favorite sex toy ? (Jul '14) Thu Derk Diggler 30

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance