Oakleaf Church Pastor Quit

Oakleaf Church Pastor Quit

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
amen

Cartersville, GA

#1 Mar 28, 2011
Yesterday at the service of Oakleaf church it was announced that Michael admitting having a 2-1/2 year affair with his secretary. He quit the church. He was supposed to move to New York with his secretary to start a new church. I don't think that's gonna happen now.

Sometimes you get too arrogant and you need to taste a little humility.

Here is a video of the service.

http://vimeo.com/21560955
wow

White, GA

#2 Mar 28, 2011
amen

Cartersville, GA

#3 Mar 28, 2011
good link, wow
Jim

Cartersville, GA

#4 Mar 28, 2011
amen wrote:
good link, wow
Nice of you good Christian people to get so excited about this.
amen

Cartersville, GA

#5 Mar 28, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice of you good Christian people to get so excited about this.
That's right, Jim, defend Michael for screwing around on his wife. Tell us how Christian the pastor is. And if someone says one single word about it, you should tell them they aren't a Christian.

If it was your wife Michael had been screwing for 2-1/2 years, you would be a tiny bit excited about it, too, Jim.
Jim

Cartersville, GA

#6 Mar 28, 2011
amen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, Jim, defend Michael for screwing around on his wife. Tell us how Christian the pastor is. And if someone says one single word about it, you should tell them they aren't a Christian.
If it was your wife Michael had been screwing for 2-1/2 years, you would be a tiny bit excited about it, too, Jim.
Wasn't defending anyone. Just saying it's very Christian of you to go about glorying in a church scandal. Betting it wasn't your wife, either.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Mar 28, 2011
I would like to say something to the people that have negative things to say about this matter!
LET THE FIRST of YOU WITHOUT SIN CAST THE THE FIRST STONE!!!! For ALL have sinned and fell short of the GLORY of GOD! As for those of you that want to GOSSIP remember that is ALSO A SIN. I DO NOT CONDONE WHAT HAS HAPPENED BUT I have learned that the BIBLE TEACHES that we MUST FORGIVE in order to be FORGIVEN!! I DO NOT ATTEND OAK LEAF NEVER HAVE BEEN THERE BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE THE PEOPLE THAT CAN'T FORGIVE ARE THE ONES THAT NEED TO BE QUIET! BECAUSE YOU ARE IN AS MUCH A NEED A PRAYER AS THAT PASTOR AND HIS FAMILY!
Phony

Conyers, GA

#8 Mar 28, 2011
He is a POS for what he did to his family and to his sluttt's husband. He is a POS for what he did to his congregation.

“CURE LUPUS ”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Mar 28, 2011
OMG! It's the Christian scandal of a small town! Every week it is something. We all make mistakes. But when you choose to preach, counsel, & lead by example? AS A LIVING... He willingly deceived the business, the reputation, for !!!OVER 2 YEARS!!! accepting and I'm sure asking for tithes! Counseling couples on marriage. The whole time he's banging the secretary on the side. OH and let's not forget HER PART in it! The act isn't as shocking. It's the duration that blows my mind. People that won't usually go to church favor Oak Leaf. Many times coming in lost, empty looking for direction. I hate it for the church & the people that looked to him for direction. ONLY GOD can judge anyone. I don't think anyone is "excited" about it. It's just pretty shocking and with his profession~ well, THAT MAKES IT NEWS.
Dog

Cartersville, GA

#10 Mar 28, 2011
He is not the first long dick preacher to screw around on his wife and he will not be the last.

“CURE LUPUS ”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#11 Mar 28, 2011
Dog wrote:
He is not the first long dick preacher to screw around on his wife and he will not be the last.
"AMEN"
I know

Kennesaw, GA

#12 Mar 28, 2011
Are any of you really surprised. He is just being horney man and she being a slutty woman.
Bar Hopper

Montgomery, AL

#13 Mar 29, 2011
A kind of humorous take on it......that's the kind of thing that used to happen all the time in that building when it was a bar.
aformeroakleafer

Cartersville, GA

#14 Mar 29, 2011
jadedbyauthority wrote:
OMG! It's the Christian scandal of a small town! Every week it is something. We all make mistakes. But when you choose to preach, counsel, & lead by example? AS A LIVING... He willingly deceived the business, the reputation, for !!!OVER 2 YEARS!!! accepting and I'm sure asking for tithes! Counseling couples on marriage. The whole time he's banging the secretary on the side. OH and let's not forget HER PART in it! The act isn't as shocking. It's the duration that blows my mind. People that won't usually go to church favor Oak Leaf. Many times coming in lost, empty looking for direction. I hate it for the church & the people that looked to him for direction. ONLY GOD can judge anyone. I don't think anyone is "excited" about it. It's just pretty shocking and with his profession~ well, THAT MAKES IT NEWS.
Yes, I was shocked to say the least! He would always preach about fidelity and refused to counsel with women because of temptation...What a joke! His poor wife and children. The young woman he was having an affair with he definately took advantage of someone vulnerable. Yes, none are without sin, but come on now we can definately make better choices. He is responsible for a lot of hurting people.
Phylis

Cartersville, GA

#15 Mar 29, 2011
Well I hate it for the church members - many of who put too much trust in this man. However all one had to do was listen to some of his sermons to see his teaching was many times not scripturally based. Oakleaf is a seeker sensistive church where no one is condemned for their lifestyle regardless of how repugnent it is. Heck this guy even had people getting a tattoo on the platform in front of the church during a service. How sick! Plus let's not forget the Sex In The City weekends where he took the young couple for an overnighter to Atlanta and encouraged them to bang their brains out.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#16 Mar 29, 2011
Y'all will TRULY be JUDGED when WE ALL get to heaven!!!
WOW

Cartersville, GA

#17 Mar 29, 2011
amen wrote:
Yesterday at the service of Oakleaf church it was announced that Michael admitting having a 2-1/2 year affair with his secretary. He quit the church. He was supposed to move to New York with his secretary to start a new church. I don't think that's gonna happen now.
Sometimes you get too arrogant and you need to taste a little humility.
Here is a video of the service.
http://vimeo.com/21560955
He had the church to buy his car. How much of the church money has been passed between these 2?
heretodisapoint

Cartersville, GA

#18 Mar 29, 2011
I attended Oakleaf for several months and loved the music, staff and people that attended or were members. It was obvious that the lead pastor was way to arrogant and had an ego that was bound to get him in some form of trouble. I could not stay at a place where the leader on more then one occasion while i attended openly said he didnt like dealing with people on a personal basis and only wanted to bring the message and leave the rest to his staff. HUH, dealing with people is a big part of being a pastor/mentor or whatever it is he was, oh yeah he was a self proclaimed leader. well i could see it in just a few months and its sad to think that Brian Bloye of Westridge Church couldn't see it or refused to admit he made a mistake backing this guy. I was actualy looking forward to Micheal moving to NY so i could go back to Oakleaf and enjoy the Church under new leadership. I hope Micheal receives more compassion then he has ever shown to others.

Micheal was one of the leading critics when Gary Lamb got caught sleeping with his assistant and he had already been in his affair for a year before Gary started his. That blog post by Micheal has conveniently been deleted.

The women is a victim here, she was much younger and it was here boss, if this was not a church she wouldn't have been fired and the company would probably be bracing for a lawsuit for sexual harassment.
dr who

Cartersville, GA

#19 Mar 30, 2011
1trulyfedup1 wrote:
Y'all will TRULY be JUDGED when WE ALL get to heaven!!!
Your constant and random use of the caps key is a personality trait of someone with bipolar tendencies.
I know 2

Acworth, GA

#20 Mar 30, 2011
It takes 2 to have an affair, both are responsible. She was married too, wasn't she. She wasn't a virgin Mary, was she.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather missing Cartersville woman 43 min Keepdigging 1,224
White girls with black guys 54 min Keepdigging 6
Old Couch 4 hr Black Scrumpty 12
Crown Inn (May '16) Tue Mrs. Scrumpty 51
once go black you never go back is a f**king joke Dec 4 Robert 27
bartow county ci list (Mar '16) Dec 3 Uto 29
News Alleged murderer and victim did not know each o... (Aug '09) Dec 3 Tolerman 33

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cartersville Mortgages