First Prev
of 4
Next Last
just saying

Dubuque, IA

#63 Oct 8, 2012
No I come to this forum to humor myself over the Southern mentality. I am a Christian. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol in 16 years thank you. Racist? I had African Americans and Hispanics in my wedding party. How about you? No, the drunk hypocrites of the South is what drove me back North. Intelligent Yankees do not mix well with Southern people lost in a time warp. Most electoral maps online have a 98% chance of Obama winning. Get used to it. President Obama 2008-2016.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#64 Oct 8, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
This quote and itself is exactly why I will not vote for Mitt Romney. The middle class will erode if he is elected and there will only be a two tier class. Upper class and lower class. Those that can afford the tax breaks and those who can't. What a moron. And yes I get it. The South hates Obama because he is not a WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) And they will tear him down because he isn't. Heck the South would get behind Al Capone if he was still alive and a Republican. Typical Southerners. Thank god I moved back north where I can have an intelligent conversation with people I don't agree with politically.
Ah, such ignorance. Thank you, thank you, thank you for moving back up north and lowering their average IQ by your presence and raising ours by your absence.
just saying

Dubuque, IA

#65 Oct 8, 2012
Wow. I sure look forward to Tuesday. This board has accused me of being a drunk, a racist, and having a low IQ and it's only Monday. I appreciate all compliments. Get used to Obama being President for another four years so America can prosper. The only thing and I mean the only thing I miss about the South was the deals at pawn shops because people couldn't manage their money. I met people who married their cousins in the south and met their spouses at family reunions and you say I have a low IQ? I will Wednesday November 7, 2012 with the tv screens saying president-elect Obama. Get used to it.
Howell

Pine Lake, GA

#66 Oct 8, 2012
just saying wrote:
No I come to this forum to humor myself over the Southern mentality. I am a Christian. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol in 16 years thank you. Racist? I had African Americans and Hispanics in my wedding party. How about you? No, the drunk hypocrites of the South is what drove me back North. Intelligent Yankees do not mix well with Southern people lost in a time warp. Most electoral maps online have a 98% chance of Obama winning. Get used to it. President Obama 2008-2016.
You move up north to have intelligent conversations but you stay here talking to southerners. You fool. How stupid do you think that sounds? You had hispanics and blacks serving the food?? Now isn't that christian of you. Racist, you are the reason I live down here in the south. Dummy
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#67 Oct 8, 2012
"Get used to Obama being President for another four years so America can prosper."

23+ Million Americans under or unemployed. Huge deficits. World leaders either laughing or shaking their heads over President Downgrades "leadership"

What color is the sky in your world?

114,000 people found jobs last month? That doesn't even keep up with the population growth.

If you voted for Obama in the last election to prove you're not a racist.

You MUST vote for Romney in this election to prove you're not an idiot.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#68 Oct 8, 2012
Scrumpty wrote:
Brilliant!!!!
Howell

Pine Lake, GA

#69 Oct 8, 2012
Scrumpty wrote:
"Get used to Obama being President for another four years so America can prosper."
23+ Million Americans under or unemployed. Huge deficits. World leaders either laughing or shaking their heads over President Downgrades "leadership"
What color is the sky in your world?
114,000 people found jobs last month? That doesn't even keep up with the population growth.
You are a black hating racist fool for voting against Obama.//////
just saying

Bettendorf, IA

#70 Oct 8, 2012
Aggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!!!!
So says the president of the mutual admiration society to the vice president of the mutual admiration society. And btw, it will take 20 years to clean up the s**t sandwich Bush left him. Dow Jones average when Obama took office? 7,950 Today? 13,583. Crisis averted on auto manufacturing in Detroit, Bin Laden is dead, etc. All of this in a downed economy. You want to talk about ineffective leadership? Why didn't Bush have Cheney brought up on charges of treason? He only made 17.2 billion off the war in Iraq. Halliburton contracts weren't even competitively bid. They were just handed to Cheneys company. Good day to you.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#72 Oct 8, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the president of the mutual admiration society to the vice president of the mutual admiration society. And btw, it will take 20 years to clean up the s**t sandwich Bush left him. Dow Jones average when Obama took office? 7,950 Today? 13,583. Crisis averted on auto manufacturing in Detroit, Bin Laden is dead, etc. All of this in a downed economy. You want to talk about ineffective leadership? Why didn't Bush have Cheney brought up on charges of treason? He only made 17.2 billion off the war in Iraq. Halliburton contracts weren't even competitively bid. They were just handed to Cheneys company. Good day to you.
1. The DOW is very complicated, but one driving factor in the 2008 fall was the housing crisis - much of which can be laid at the door of the pressure put on lending institutions by the Clinton Justice Dept over supposed "redlining." Dems Chris Dodd and Barney Frank were instrumental in protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and both benefited from sweetheart loans and/or substantial campaign contributions.
2. GM - is facing potential bankruptcy again and 3 months ago their CEO apologized to stockholders over the poor performance (the stock has lost 33% of its value since Nov 2010) despite record profits last year (on which GM paid no taxes). It is estimated that the government (correction- tax payers)
stand to lose at minimum $25 billion of the bailout money.
3. Bush deserved a great deal of the credit for the resources he put in place to try and find Bin Laden. And in order to provide cover for Obama, Leon Panetta wrote a memo to provide a CYA in case anything went wrong so the blame could be laid on Admiral McRaven. So Obama made sure he could claim all the credit, but none of the blame regardless of the outcome.
4. Cheney - The General Accounting Office investigated and found that the contracts were "legal and probably justified by the Pentagon's wartime needs." One of those investigations into overcharging was discovered not by the Pentagon but by Halliburton's own auditors. They had two employees taking kickbacks from subcontractors. Halliburton fired them and paid the Pentagon back an initial $6.3 million while awaiting final investigation - again, discovered by Halliburton.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#73 Oct 8, 2012
Howell wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a black hating racist fool for voting against Obama.//////
Could you please (pretty please) come up with an intelligent reason (which I admit would be difficult) to support Obama. Yelling "racist" is not only false, unpersuasive and stupid, it continues to be the fallback position for those who otherwise can't logically defend Obama's record.
just sayin

United States

#74 Oct 8, 2012
Aggie wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The DOW is very complicated, but one driving factor in the 2008 fall was the housing crisis - much of which can be laid at the door of the pressure put on lending institutions by the Clinton Justice Dept over supposed "redlining." Dems Chris Dodd and Barney Frank were instrumental in protecting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and both benefited from sweetheart loans and/or substantial campaign contributions.
2. GM - is facing potential bankruptcy again and 3 months ago their CEO apologized to stockholders over the poor performance (the stock has lost 33% of its value since Nov 2010) despite record profits last year (on which GM paid no taxes). It is estimated that the government (correction- tax payers)
stand to lose at minimum $25 billion of the bailout money.
3. Bush deserved a great deal of the credit for the resources he put in place to try and find Bin Laden. And in order to provide cover for Obama, Leon Panetta wrote a memo to provide a CYA in case anything went wrong so the blame could be laid on Admiral McRaven. So Obama made sure he could claim all the credit, but none of the blame regardless of the outcome.
4. Cheney - The General Accounting Office investigated and found that the contracts were "legal and probably justified by the Pentagon's wartime needs." One of those investigations into overcharging was discovered not by the Pentagon but by Halliburton's own auditors. They had two employees taking kickbacks from subcontractors. Halliburton fired them and paid the Pentagon back an initial $6.3 million while awaiting final investigation - again, discovered by Halliburton.
I'll keep it short because my kids are more important than topix but this has been amusing
1. Military intelligence has admitted they spun their wheels while Bush was in office and made great strides under Obama and thus Bin Laden is no longer on this Earth
2. The same people that want to blame Obama on the price of gas ( If you look at Super PAC contributions by oil companies to Republicans they aren't hurting any) don't want to give him credit for the stock market going up. I get it. The stock market is not that complex. I listen to the radio and am got a return on my 401k when most people were not. Thus you are once again spinning like a top.
3. If Halliburton even paid back 6.3 million that is .00037054464 of a single percent that Cheney made with Halliburton. That isn't even pennies on the dollar. That's even less that's on the budget percentage wise that Mitt Romney wants to cut out of the federal budget by elminating public television.
I can do stats to and I'm not a tax accountant. I wish I had more time to amuse myself but I have kids to raise. Both of whom are straight A students in honor classes and scored the highest in their respective classes on assignments over the debate where Mitt Romney didn't quite tell the whole truth according to fact check.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#75 Oct 8, 2012
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll keep it short because my kids are more important than topix but this has been amusing
1. Military intelligence has admitted they spun their wheels while Bush was in office and made great strides under Obama and thus Bin Laden is no longer on this Earth
2. The same people that want to blame Obama on the price of gas ( If you look at Super PAC contributions by oil companies to Republicans they aren't hurting any) don't want to give him credit for the stock market going up. I get it. The stock market is not that complex. I listen to the radio and am got a return on my 401k when most people were not. Thus you are once again spinning like a top.
3. If Halliburton even paid back 6.3 million that is .00037054464 of a single percent that Cheney made with Halliburton. That isn't even pennies on the dollar. That's even less that's on the budget percentage wise that Mitt Romney wants to cut out of the federal budget by elminating public television.
I can do stats to and I'm not a tax accountant. I wish I had more time to amuse myself but I have kids to raise. Both of whom are straight A students in honor classes and scored the highest in their respective classes on assignments over the debate where Mitt Romney didn't quite tell the whole truth according to fact check.
1. I guess if you look hard enough, you can usually find someone that says what you want.
2. In touting his cap and trade policy, Obama said "if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it (his regulations) will bankrupt them...." Obama himself said that higher gas prices would encourage the shift to alternative means of energy - and we've seen how well that has worked out. Despite numerous warning signs, the Obama administration has cost the American taxpayer $535 million in the Solyndra collapse. And I'm sure it is just a coincidence that the Solyndra firm was backed by a significant Obama supporter.
3. Completely false. Cheney resigned his position from Halliburton before taking office and received no benefit from any contracts entered into after he left. Any monies he received were deferred payments from earlier years and he set up an irrevocable trust that controls any potential profits from stock options that might come from stock still held and the profits go to three charitable organizations - again irrevocable. So he received NO profit from any subsequent contracts after he left Halliburton in 2000.
4. Don't see why you mentioned a tax accountant.
I'm so glad my honor students will be able to vote in their first presidential election this year - and they can't wait to vote for Romney.
EDUCATED

Athens, GA

#76 Oct 9, 2012
so true aggie, having read only your first sentence. I can't read on because you are so full of it It gives me a headache. But your first statement is certainly true, you are proof of that, look hard enough and you will find anything. And dude just admit you are a man
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#77 Oct 9, 2012
EDUCATED wrote:
so true aggie, having read only your first sentence. I can't read on because you are so full of it It gives me a headache. But your first statement is certainly true, you are proof of that, look hard enough and you will find anything. And dude just admit you are a man
Thanks president downgrade.

While the lowest unemployment rate of President Barack Obama’s tenure dominated weekend economic news, a less-welcome statistic for the White House — a record number 0f food-stamp recipients — slipped by with barely a notice.

About 46.68 million Americans received food stamps in July, the government said in a report released late on Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend, a traditional time for dumping bad news. The report for July, the most recent month that data was available, showed participation up by 11,532 from June and 2.9 percent higher than a year earlier.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#78 Oct 9, 2012
EDUCATED wrote:
Is your head spinning? You can't seem to make up your mind as to my gender. Not that it makes an iota of difference, but why do you think I'm male? I would love to see the convoluted process you went through to come to that bizarre conclusion when I have stated unequivocally I'm a mom.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#79 Oct 9, 2012
Scrumpty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks president downgrade.
While the lowest unemployment rate of President Barack Obama’s tenure dominated weekend economic news, a less-welcome statistic for the White House — a record number 0f food-stamp recipients — slipped by with barely a notice.
About 46.68 million Americans received food stamps in July, the government said in a report released late on Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend, a traditional time for dumping bad news. The report for July, the most recent month that data was available, showed participation up by 11,532 from June and 2.9 percent higher than a year earlier.
"Howell & Educated" What part of "The report for July, the most recent month that data was available, showed food stamp participation up by 11,532 from June and 2.9 percent higher than a year earlier."

Do you not see as complete failure??

You both are pathetic and sad
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#81 Oct 9, 2012
There are still 4 weeks to go to the election, but am very encouraged by the current polls showing Romney tied or ahead of Obama. The PEW poll showing NO gender gap is amazing. I am usually so embarrassed that women tend to vote Democrat, and just last week there were polls that showed a 16 point difference. I hope this trend will continue, it will help restore my faith that most women are not just looking for more of the nanny state.
EDUCATED

Athens, GA

#82 Oct 10, 2012
Aggie is a dude, Romney blows, blows , blows
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#83 Oct 10, 2012
EDUCATED wrote:
Aggie is a dude, Romney blows, blows , blows
What is up with this obsession of yours? Are you so gender confused you project that onto others? Get a grip.
Aggie

Cartersville, GA

#84 Oct 11, 2012
There is no denying Biden is a good debater, but his rudeness was stunning and I think will hurt him. There were one or two areas Biden probably dominated, but he outright lied about Libya and Ryan's closing statement blew Biden out of the water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
make out spots by the lake 6 hr Tom Tom 5
cartersville country club 10 hr BS Detector 8
any other missing mommies? 18 hr notanun 22
jason poston (Jul '16) 18 hr Nouse4idiots 15
City of White Ga. Corruption at its Finest (Nov '16) 18 hr Nouse4idiots 74
I Miss Kmart (Sep '13) 20 hr jo jo whites 25
dixie mafia (Jan '08) Tue Nouse4idiots 815

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance