One Airlifted After Shooting

One Airlifted After Shooting

There are 309 comments on the Patch.com story from Jun 26, 2012, titled One Airlifted After Shooting. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Update, 3:20 p.m. A man was airlifted to Kennestone Hospital after being shot twice during an altercation at a home on Maple Drive in Cartersville .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Justified

United States

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Actually he was airlifted to Grady.. He is doing fine and expected to be released in the next few hours. The man that pulled the trigger needs to rot in prison. Lets see Bartow County, what do we call Justice in this case? Bet double standards still in effect.
concerned citizen

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2012
If he is gonna be released in a few hours it must not be that bad.
american

Cartersville, GA

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Well from what I've read, Tony Collum went to Mark Harris's house to whip his azz because Mark was going to take Tony's daughter somewhere so she could buy drugs. Tony started a fight, Mark shot him three times. Sounds like a stand your ground situation to me.

Sounds like Tony should have whipped his daughter's azz instead of blaming Mark.

I don't know either one of them so I don't take sides.
Justified

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2012
Believe what you want Tony is just concerned for the well being of his 15 year old daughter. Shooting someone, you call that standing your ground, shooting another person is just pure stupidity. Anytime your shot close to the heart it is serious.
James

Atlanta, GA

#5 Jun 26, 2012
Tony should have let the police handle this instead of trying to do it himself. He knows that now.

If he came to my house in a combative mode and refused to leave I might have shot him as well.
american

Cartersville, GA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
James wrote:
Tony should have let the police handle this instead of trying to do it himself. He knows that now.
If he came to my house in a combative mode and refused to leave I might have shot him as well.
I totally agree with you, James. Tony should have been whipping his daughter's ass instead of trying to whip the other man.
Justified

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Well you do not know how it went down and by no means did he go to start any altercation. If the boy was selling to my kids or your kids you probably would have went and talked with his parents also. Who are you kidding let BC handle it ?? They have so many double standards, they are a joke.
american

Cartersville, GA

#8 Jun 26, 2012
Justified wrote:
Well you do not know how it went down and by no means did he go to start any altercation. If the boy was selling to my kids or your kids you probably would have went and talked with his parents also. Who are you kidding let BC handle it ?? They have so many double standards, they are a joke.
Okay, here we go already with the "you don't know what happened," and "wait till the real story comes out," bullsh^^. Don't forget to say, "don't believe everything you read in the paper."

The man should have emptied the gun in his chest. When you feel threatened enough to use a gun, you don't stop until the gun is empty.
Dweller

Cartersville, GA

#9 Jun 26, 2012
american wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, here we go already with the "you don't know what happened," and "wait till the real story comes out," bullsh^^. Don't forget to say, "don't believe everything you read in the paper."
The man should have emptied the gun in his chest. When you feel threatened enough to use a gun, you don't stop until the gun is empty.
That's called gun control! I agree, if someone came up to my house and did the same, I would do the same.
good'ole boy

United States

#10 Jun 26, 2012
Well I don't know any of the people in this altercation, but I would want to say I would've done the same thing in both of their cases. Be a protector for my daughter on one side, on the other I want to say I would shoot someone coming to my house to confront me, if they wouldn't leave when asked. No one will ever know what really happened their are two sides and the truth will probably be in the middle of each story.
concerned citizen

United States

#11 Jun 26, 2012
Well why was he mad everyone knows Bartow Cab supplies drugs to all of Bartow County!!!! I would have done the same thing, unloaded on his a$$!!!!
Justified

United States

#12 Jun 26, 2012
Yes like i said you don't know the whole story and I will leave it at that. Such bad asses with the talk lets pray you not put in a situation like this
Rednecks

United States

#13 Jun 26, 2012
For starters, both did something wrong. Harris for messing with drugs and Collum for taking matters in his own hands. But don't be misled for one second that collum went over there to "talk"!
Have you ever seen his temper? Seen his rants on facebook about the boy that "lured" his innocent little girl out of her house in the middle of the night? Tony needs to be cleaning his own house rather than confronting someone else in theirs. He needs to quit blaming everyone else for his childrens actions. Can't say I blame Harris. Some rednecks think they can bully anyone and their not scared of anyone, but eventually they run across someone that may be scared enough to shoot their dumbazz! Glad Tony is ok but doubt he's smart enough to learn a lesson.
Justified

Adairsville, GA

#14 Jun 26, 2012
The dumb ass that shot Tony needs to rot in prison along with his son. Any man that can look at someone that has been shot and say die MF don't deserve to be back on the street, hell he probably helps his son sale the drugs.
Damnit Man

United States

#15 Jun 26, 2012
Hey I like both of these guys,but if Tony came over to my house to kick my ass he'd get a 45 not a 32.We all know he's crazy it's just sad it happened to both but we all know Tony would have kicked Marks ass and just about anybody else in towns ass.Be careful what you wish for sometimes you get it!
Good American

Cartersville, GA

#16 Jun 26, 2012
Justified wrote:
The dumb ass that shot Tony needs to rot in prison along with his son. Any man that can look at someone that has been shot and say die MF don't deserve to be back on the street, hell he probably helps his son sale the drugs.
Which of the two has been in trouble before? Which has the bigger temper? Which was the aggressor? If the answer to all three has a common name the guess what....the other person was probably on the defense. I can't blame someone for defending themselves. The aggressor is lucky he isnt dead.

How can you criticize a man for defending his home and his family? If a 6'4, 275 lb man and his "little" brother came to my house with the intent of harming me and my family, I would be FORCED to defend myself. End of story.
Good American

Cartersville, GA

#17 Jun 26, 2012
Rednecks wrote:
For starters, both did something wrong. Harris for messing with drugs and Collum for taking matters in his own hands. But don't be misled for one second that collum went over there to "talk"!
Have you ever seen his temper? Seen his rants on facebook about the boy that "lured" his innocent little girl out of her house in the middle of the night? Tony needs to be cleaning his own house rather than confronting someone else in theirs. He needs to quit blaming everyone else for his childrens actions. Can't say I blame Harris. Some rednecks think they can bully anyone and their not scared of anyone, but eventually they run across someone that may be scared enough to shoot their dumbazz! Glad Tony is ok but doubt he's smart enough to learn a lesson.
Drugs are he said she said in this case. Tony's side of the story. He needs a reason to be there, but it does not matter. Marks house, Mark threatened, Mark defended. If more people would react this way then crime would go down for 2 reasons....scared perps and dead dumb perps.
Justified

Adairsville, GA

#18 Jun 26, 2012
Who is the little brother? my point he does not have a little brother he is the youngest of five. Mark was not threatened just did not want the facts about his son. Some people are just in denial, who? Not my kid, you crazy. Tony is just another concerned parent in Bartow County, sure fact Bartow not gonna do anything, just another double standard case for them. Gotta start with the source before crime goes down, with the corrupted force itself.

Since: Nov 11

Cartersville, GA

#19 Jun 27, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
Well why was he mad everyone knows Bartow Cab supplies drugs to all of Bartow County!!!! I would have done the same thing, unloaded on his a$$!!!!
THAT ^^^^ IS SLANDER!I know for a fact that Bartow Cab is the most trustworthy Cab company in Bartow County!!! I also know most of the staff of this cab company from the dispatchers, drivers, mechanics and the owners are personal family friends and I do NOT appreciate your comments about this cab company!!
rich-trent

Cartersville, GA

#20 Jun 27, 2012
LMFAO Butch ,check the long sheet of history. Scooby? A few more characters too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather missing Cartersville woman (Oct '16) 18 hr Nouse4idiots 1,381
Dead fish Dellinger pond 21 hr Flambo Gourmet 11
Does anybody know Andrew Wiley 22 hr Listening 11
old flames Fri tom tom gay gay 7
has anyone uswd jason johnson (Sep '16) Apr 27 Just responding 12
Stephen cox lankester Apr 27 self made 5
fitgirl Apr 27 motherfirefly 8

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance