Un Supervised Children in Kingston

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AMothersLove

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2007
What kind of mother would allow young children to be camping without adult supervison. These children even had a gun. One of the children's story on the news sounded so "cocky", that it made me have doubts about the whole incident.
Something is not right here.
I think the Mother's need to be investigated.
Below is the article from The Daily Tribune.
Man charged with assaulting, robbing children
Brande Poulnot
Staff Writer
Published July 26, 2007 12:35 AM CDT
A local man has been arrested in connection with a Sunday morning incident involving the alleged robbery and assault of several children who had been camping near Kingston.
Bartow County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested Jason Allan Wright, 26, of 20 Spring Ridge Road, Kingston, Tuesday around 9:30 p.m., according to Sheriff Clark Millsap.
Deputies were dispatched to the camping area on Connesena Creek, located about one mile north of Kingston on Hall Station Road, Sunday about 1:30 a.m. to a report that a man had approached the children's campsite and introduced himself as a police officer. The man, who investigators now believe to be Wright, allegedly forced the children to their knees at gunpoint, fired a handgun several times, hit the oldest boy in the head with a flashlight and stole several items, including the flashlight, a shotgun and a cell phone.
The boys had been left alone to camp overnight and were being supervised by the oldest boy, who is 16 years old. The youngest boy was 8 years old.
Investigators called the stolen cell phone Tuesday and reached a man who Millsap said is not pertinent to the investigation. He told investigators he did not know the cell phone was stolen and that Wright had given it to him.
According to Millsap, Wright told investigators his side of the story, alleging that one of the children had thrown something at his vehicle, causing damage. Millsap did confirm the existence of a dent in the rear driver's side door of Wright's vehicle.
"He was angry, for one thing, about his vehicle being struck with a dirt clod and ... what he did compared to his vehicle being hit with a dirt clod is pretty substantial," said Millsap. "Anger was the one thing and [he wanted] to find out just exactly who it was and what did this, so he could make somebody pay for the damage to his vehicle, that was [his] main concern."
Just My Opinion

AOL

#2 Jul 28, 2007
I agree, What parent would allow their children to go camping with the oldest being only 16. A 16 year old with a shotgun. A 16 year is not responsible enough or capable to supervise 5 other younger children. And to be allowed to take a shotgun with them is totally absurd. What parent would allow that? This situation could have had a very different outcome if that 8 year would had released the safety on the gun.
The Good Son

Flowery Branch, GA

#3 Jul 28, 2007
There is definitely nothing good that could have come out of that situation. I guess it was better ending up the way it did than with someone getting shot, adbucted, molested or killed.
Just My Opinion

AOL

#4 Jul 28, 2007
And I hope the parents of these kids will show better judgement the next time they send their kids off camping with a 16 year old with a shotgun. As a parent you need to try to forsee things that COULD happen, and stop worrying about upsetting your kid if you tell them NO. That's what parents are for. Too many parents today want to be friends with their kids. Be a parent, Not a friend.
Godschild

Griffin, GA

#5 Aug 6, 2007
It sounds like to me that AMothersLove is blamming the children and thier parents for this situation. What about the 26 year old man with the gun ( Jason Wright ) that made the kids get down on thier knee's and he held the gun to thier heads.

What you should be very interested in, is what happens to Jason Wright. Right now he is out on bond, and you never know, If he gets ticked off at another child in our town, the child might get killed.

Keep this in mind. Jason Wright does not need to be in this area. I hope that he gets life in prison for holding a gun to the childrens head, claiming to be a police officer, stealing items from them and so on.

What you people need to be concerned about is what happens to Jason Wright.

Godschild

Griffin, GA

#6 Aug 6, 2007
This is what you all should be concerned with:
ยท Jason Alan Wright, 26, of 20 Spring Ridge Road, Kingston, was arrested and charged with theft by taking, impersonating a public officer or employee, armed robbery, three counts of aggravated assault and four counts of cruelty to children in the first degree.
Man charged with assaulting, robbing children
Brande Poulnot
Staff Writer
Published July 26, 2007 12:35 AM CDT
A local man has been arrested in connection with a Sunday morning incident involving the alleged robbery and assault of several children who had been camping near Kingston.
Bartow County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested Jason Allan Wright, 26, of 20 Spring Ridge Road, Kingston, Tuesday around 9:30 p.m., according to Sheriff Clark Millsap.
Deputies were dispatched to the camping area on Connesena Creek, located about one mile north of Kingston on Hall Station Road, Sunday about 1:30 a.m. to a report that a man had approached the children's campsite and introduced himself as a police officer. The man, who investigators now believe to be Wright, allegedly forced the children to their knees at gunpoint, fired a handgun several times, hit the oldest boy in the head with a flashlight and stole several items, including the flashlight, a shotgun and a cell phone.
The boys had been left alone to camp overnight and were being supervised by the oldest boy, who is 16 years old. The youngest boy was 8 years old.
Investigators called the stolen cell phone Tuesday and reached a man who Millsap said is not pertinent to the investigation. He told investigators he did not know the cell phone was stolen and that Wright had given it to him.
According to Millsap, Wright told investigators his side of the story, alleging that one of the children had thrown something at his vehicle, causing damage. Millsap did confirm the existence of a dent in the rear driver's side door of Wright's vehicle.
"He was angry, for one thing, about his vehicle being struck with a dirt clod and ... what he did compared to his vehicle being hit with a dirt clod is pretty substantial," said Millsap. "Anger was the one thing and [he wanted] to find out just exactly who it was and what did this, so he could make somebody pay for the damage to his vehicle, that was [his] main concern."
For the full story, please read The Daily Tribune News.
INOCENTbystander

Cartersville, GA

#7 May 17, 2011
he owns aquaholics POOL COMPANY and abuses women. p.o.s. if those were my children.....lol... I WOULD BE THE ONE IN THE PAPER! SAD THING IS HE HAS KIDS OF HIS OWN. AND....THREW HIS PREGNANT WIFE OFF A BALCONY. AND PUNCHED HIS GIRLFRIEND IN THE FACE! AMONG OTHERTHINGS... UGH DONT LET THIS GUY NEAR ANY1 U KNOW. TRASH
INOCENTbystander

Cartersville, GA

#8 May 17, 2011
and ps he got probabtion still lives in kingston as of today! may 17th 2011. amazing what money and a smooth personality can get u these days....

“All you folks are crazy!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 May 17, 2011
Is it a full moon tonight?
1trulyfedup1

Cartersville, GA

#10 May 25, 2011
INOCENTbystander wrote:
he owns aquaholics POOL COMPANY and abuses women. p.o.s. if those were my children.....lol... I WOULD BE THE ONE IN THE PAPER! SAD THING IS HE HAS KIDS OF HIS OWN. AND....THREW HIS PREGNANT WIFE OFF A BALCONY. AND PUNCHED HIS GIRLFRIEND IN THE FACE! AMONG OTHERTHINGS... UGH DONT LET THIS GUY NEAR ANY1 U KNOW. TRASH
You know what its a SHAME that YOU have to spread lies like this!
We all have our faults and I can ALMOST BET that YOU are not PERFECT! If by chance you ARE JESUS the ONLY PERFECT PERSON that I know then you know that Mr. Wright has had his day in COURT and he has followed the courts orders, YOU ARE A LIAR when you say that MR. Wright threw his PREGNANT wife off a BALCONY, and as for his kids he is a GREAT FATHER! WHAT Girlfriend did he punch in the face? Are there charges pending in these "so called Assaults"? Mr. Wright has the right to LIVE where he wants and to live without ridicule from people that DON'T know what they are talking about!
If by chance you want to meet me in person and discuss this matter I will await your REPLY here in TOPIX name the time and the PLACE I will be there just give me 24 hour notice!
1trulyfedup1

Cartersville, GA

#11 May 25, 2011
INOCENTbystander wrote:
and ps he got probabtion still lives in kingston as of today! may 17th 2011. amazing what money and a smooth personality can get u these days....
AND ARE YOU JEALOUS that he has money and is following what he was told in Court? And that he still lives in Kingston is that any of your BUSINESS? I believe he is a TAXPAYER and and CAN live where HE wants as long as he does what is right! AS FOR ATTACKING his business that is another story! LEAVE IT ALONE! THAT IS HIS WAY OF MAKING A LIVING AND PAYING HIS EMPLOYEES AND TAKING CARE OF HIS FAMILY (HIS KIDS)! HIS BUSINESS IS A GREAT BUSINESS AND HE HAS SEVERAL EMPLOYEES THAT COUNT on continuing business to keep their bills paid as well! I just don't understand why after all this time you have to start $h** about him again! As I said in my last post if you would like to meet face to face to discuss this matter give me 24 hour notice and I will meet you anywhere at anytime!
OH AND BY THE WAY I CONSIDER YOU A COWARD BECAUSE YOU ARE HERE UNDER A FAKE NAME TO ATTACK SOMEONE!!
WOW

Loganville, GA

#12 May 25, 2011
1trulyfedup1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AND ARE YOU JEALOUS that he has money and is following what he was told in Court? And that he still lives in Kingston is that any of your BUSINESS? I believe he is a TAXPAYER and and CAN live where HE wants as long as he does what is right! AS FOR ATTACKING his business that is another story! LEAVE IT ALONE! THAT IS HIS WAY OF MAKING A LIVING AND PAYING HIS EMPLOYEES AND TAKING CARE OF HIS FAMILY (HIS KIDS)! HIS BUSINESS IS A GREAT BUSINESS AND HE HAS SEVERAL EMPLOYEES THAT COUNT on continuing business to keep their bills paid as well! I just don't understand why after all this time you have to start $h** about him again! As I said in my last post if you would like to meet face to face to discuss this matter give me 24 hour notice and I will meet you anywhere at anytime!
OH AND BY THE WAY I CONSIDER YOU A COWARD BECAUSE YOU ARE HERE UNDER A FAKE NAME TO ATTACK SOMEONE!!
I know If you are going to spread rumors, lies etc. you should use your name. I don't know the people involved but I respect you for defending him.

Location hidden

#13 May 25, 2011
Oh God she's back.
1trulyfedup1

Cartersville, GA

#14 May 25, 2011
EverybodyCrazy wrote:
Oh God she's back.
nope never left !! will always be here!!

Location hidden

#15 May 25, 2011
1trulyfedup1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no coward. I'll meet you tomorrow at Ming Moon. 2pm. I'll be standing by the deviled eggs. Mess with me and I'll pick one up and pinch it and squirt the yolk in your eyes.

Now tell me one more time... how many times did they shoot her? I forgot.
MeMeMe

United States

#17 May 28, 2011
How many times did they shoot who?
mmmmmk

Cartersville, GA

#18 Jun 6, 2011
shut the hell up all of you! thanks:)
Good Job PD

Dallas, GA

#19 Jun 7, 2011
EverybodyCrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tell me one more time... how many times did they shoot her? I forgot.
???
jasonhater

Duluth, GA

#20 Oct 30, 2012
He is a Lier. He is a ugly troll. Looks like I passed him after a long night of Chinese food and drinking. He is not an honest person and lies to cover up that he has a little member. I wish I could meet him face to face again. He has what's coming to him. I hope his probation officer locks him up soon. Him and his lawyer will be feeling the wrath soon. He thinks he can get away with this stuff. He messed with the wrong person.
ninja in the house

Douglasville, GA

#21 Oct 31, 2012
1trulyfedup1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And your name is?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather McDonald missing cartersville woman 23 min Subshine 110
1st amendment censorship 2 hr Hemingway 41
Young Man Missing, Young Woman Missing Mon MoKu 1
Outrage At Bartow BOE Actions (May '14) Sun catchin up 47
Church at Liberty Square Sun Medicine Man 1
The Church At Liberty Square (Nov '13) Sun Medicine Man 16
Wtf Sun Anonymous 8

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance