North Georgia Truck and Jeep

North Georgia Truck and Jeep

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

Simply the Truth

Macon, GA

#1 Sep 14, 2012
Beware!!! This guy is as crooked as they come!!! I bought a "perfect" Jeep Wrangler from there a week ago. After driving it for two days I noticed a wobble in the steering...every lug nut on every wheel was barely finger tight. I pulled up the carpet to shampoo it this morning and the rust in the floorboard is unbelievable. Now after several calls to Steve, he has basically told me to get lost and if I don't like it, hire a lawyer.
Granted, I should have checked the car myself before driving off the lot, but you would think the lug nuts would at least be tight!
Landshark

Cartersville, GA

#2 Sep 15, 2012
I call BS
Anonymous

Sylacauga, AL

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Why wouldn't you check the vehicle before buying it?
EDUCATED

Acworth, GA

#4 Sep 20, 2012
every lug nut, think your the lug nut
Rossi

Ray City, GA

#5 Dec 11, 2012
I dont know if I believe this. When I bought my jeep from steve he was nothing but helpful to myself and my family. we really enjoy our jeep.
Anonymous

Stockbridge, GA

#7 Sep 23, 2014
Buyer Beware, Steve Crowe is a scam artist. I just purchased a vehicle from him and never received my title. When I called he told me I owed more ad valorem tax, this was three weeks after the deal was done. He blamed on my county tag office and refuses to give me my title after it was paid in full. Pleas don't buy from him, he is a first class crook!
Mike

Decatur, GA

#8 Sep 23, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Buyer Beware, Steve Crowe is a scam artist. I just purchased a vehicle from him and never received my title. When I called he told me I owed more ad valorem tax, this was three weeks after the deal was done. He blamed on my county tag office and refuses to give me my title after it was paid in full. Pleas don't buy from him, he is a first class crook!
Georgia no longer has ad valorem tax but rather the TAVT tax and the dealer is required to remit within 10 days of sale. Here is the link for calculation.

http://giada.org/tax-calculator/
bad credit

Cartersville, GA

#9 Sep 23, 2014
I get so sick of hearing about crooked used car lots!
Listen....all the car lots buy from auction, fix the minimum and sale for more than they paid! Thats not crooked, thats called a buisness! If the paper says "as is" then you should check it out first or have someone you trust to check it out! If you want a brand new car then you need whats called a dealership, not a buy here pay here or used car lot! If you think it is way over priced, payments are too high, or a pile of crap then there is a simple fix....DONT BUY IT!
me

Cartersville, GA

#10 Sep 23, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
This is just simply criminal activity. If this is true, call the police!
MDJ

Katy, TX

#11 Sep 24, 2014
Not only is he a con artist but he's also a major A-hole!!!!! If you want a jeep I would go to Elite. I bought mine there and haven't had any issues. Plus they were polite and professional.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#12 Sep 24, 2014
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Georgia no longer has ad valorem tax but rather the TAVT tax and the dealer is required to remit within 10 days of sale. Here is the link for calculation.
http://giada.org/tax-calculator/
You are correct. Judging by the responses posted after yours no one bothered to read it.

Imagine my surprise..
Mark

Acworth, GA

#13 Sep 24, 2014
Steve is a crook..
johndc30

Cleveland, TN

#14 May 26, 2016
Went to North Georgia Trucks and Jeep today. Drove 1.5 hrs south from home to look at what was advertised as the perfect Jeep. My son, who will be getting a Jeep, drove an hour and half north and met me there.

I called before leaving and Steve was very comforting regarding my desires for a reliable Jeep that my son would drive from Tennessee to Atlanta, to and from school. He said this one was perfect. Owned by old people and towed behind an RV which explains the low miles on a 10 year old vehicle.

Being responsible car buyers, the first thing we did was take it to a local shop for a check out. Everyone should do this. Its just smart. Steve had left the keys for us and off we went. Very easy. I appreciated that and fully expected things to go well. They didn't.

After the Jeep had been on the lift for 10 mins, the mechanic called for us to come into the garage. He spent 20 mins going over, in detail, the MANY upcoming mechanical problems. It was also apparent that Steve had pressure washed the bottom of the Jeep prior to our arrival- obviously to wash away the oil leaks. Luckily for us, the oil leaks were bad enough that they were starting to leak as we were standing under it.

So, whats my problem with Steve and North Georgia Trucks and Jeep? We had it inspected and it failed and we walked. No harm, right? Wrong. First of all I explained to him that I was coming to buy, with cash, a reliable Jeep. He knew this Jeep was no good. That was the first lie. When we returned from the mechanic Steve was waiting for us and I was still ready to make a deal if possible. When I mentioned a few of the problems he started to get mad, when we pointed out that the Jeep was missing one lug nut on each and every wheel he literally grabbed the keys from my sons hand and said " this ones not for you". And then he walked away. It was over. The 3 hours of driving times 2 people( 6 hrs), the 50 bucks at the mechanic, the desire to buy from North Georgia Trucks and Jeep- gone in 4.5 seconds because the guy is an ass. He knew this Jeep was bad. He walked away because he knew it was bad. He also knows that sooner or later someone will walk in, be swept away emotionally at a good looking Jeep with very very low miles and they will write him a check. And yes, everyone should have potential car purchases looked at by a mechanic but no dealer should do their best to deceive that purchaser.

Buyers at North Georgia Trucks and Jeep, beware.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is cheating on their spouse? 5 hr Scrumpty 8
News Parade tradition: Stars, Stripes & Cartersville... 8 hr Tom Tom 3
Wanda cagle Gray 13 hr Tolerman 22
You know who you are (Jun '15) 21 hr I See Crazy People 9
BET awards 23 hr Weasel 6
We don't want drug dealers in our neighborhood. (Aug '11) Wed Anon 67
worst job EVER!!!!! (Jan '13) Wed Scrumpty 12

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance