Buying energy drinks with food stamps
Cody

Lake Stevens, WA

#85 Jul 7, 2012
Maybe wrote:
You can't buy energy drinks with food stamps the person is mistaken.. And maybe should mind their own business!!
your wrong actually. if the energy drink has "Nutrition Facts" instead of "Supplement Facts" on the the back then you can buy it with food stamps.
Kena

Amity, PA

#86 Jul 16, 2012
Maybe wrote:
You can't buy energy drinks with food stamps the person is mistaken.. And maybe should mind their own business!!
It depends on how it is labeled. I just looked on the website. If it labeled as nutritional facts it is allowed. If it labeled as a supplement it is NOT allowed. There is a list on the USDA website of approved items.
The whole thing is so vague, it allows for human judgement at times. It needs to be more specific.
Heartbroken

United States

#87 Jul 16, 2012
Some stores allows you to purchase energy drinks and some doesnt. Step and fetch will not, he has a sign that say no energy drinks with ebt.
Heartbroken

United States

#88 Jul 16, 2012
Excuse me... Stop n fetch store
Cashier

Braselton, GA

#89 Jul 25, 2012
I work at a gas station and I have to bite my tounge everyday single day. I work 2 full time jobs to support my family and I can't afford to shop at convenience stores but yet I watch the same people come into the store and buy energy drinks, counter full of candy (which my kids don't get to much of 1.because I don't have the money 2.I think they have enough engery without adding to it)chips just a bunch of junk food and them whoop out their EBT card to pay then they want to pay for their beer, lottery, blunt wraps and cigs with their cash. Then you have those that have the damn nerve to come in and try to whisper "can you ring it up some how to make it look like I bought something and then just me me the cash?" If I knew how or where to report these people I would in a heart beat. Even if I did report them nothing would become of it. I am so fed up with our goverment it's not even funny. If you work a 40 hour week job and still need a little help to make ends meet you get told you make too much money, but if your lazy and just don't want to work and have 3, 4 or 5 kids then they will give you everything a check, foodstamps and medicade. This is so wrong on so many levels. The more I talk about all this BS the more pissed I get!
MarySue23

Decatur, GA

#90 Jul 25, 2012
Sickens me when I worked in the medial field that parents came in on medi dressed to the 9, with nice bags and nails done....yet the children looked to be in dirty rags. If only the government took more actions and were more cautious about who gets what. Do social workers not see this? I agree, drinking that much energy drinks and spending that much is a shame. Churches also offer helping those in need with food. Food stamps should be tracked.
Mom

Blue Ridge, GA

#91 Jul 25, 2012
Well there may be a few slipping through the cracks but others need the help. I think the Dfcs is doing the best they can and people need to stop bitching and appreciate the fact there is a place to go for help! If there wasn't then y'all would bitch cause there isn't a place to go. So which is it help or no help? Give some people credit for trying to help. Some people are jealous some people just like to start things and run there mouth. your obviously not to busy working if your on here running your pie hole!!!!!
MarySue23

Decatur, GA

#92 Jul 25, 2012
Considering I have worked all my life since I was 12 and I am now 61, retired. I'm allowed to run my OPINION pie hole as you say. I have seen a lot of things change in this world and it is not complaining. I do not oppose to those who need help. I think it's good. I am saying, It is sad that people abuse the system like they do. I am not jealous over a child in rags as to it's parents dressed to impress. I do not appreciate a parent who are selfish and puts the children last. It's just awful that those who need it are denied and those who don't twist things around and are approved. That is all I'm saying. Not to offend anyone.
Mom

Blue Ridge, GA

#93 Jul 25, 2012
MarySue23 wrote:
Considering I have worked all my life since I was 12 and I am now 61, retired. I'm allowed to run my OPINION pie hole as you say. I have seen a lot of things change in this world and it is not complaining. I do not oppose to those who need help. I think it's good. I am saying, It is sad that people abuse the system like they do. I am not jealous over a child in rags as to it's parents dressed to impress. I do not appreciate a parent who are selfish and puts the children last. It's just awful that those who need it are denied and those who don't twist things around and are approved. That is all I'm saying. Not to offend anyone.
I agree that some parents put themselves first and not the children in a lot of different ways. I myself put my children first. I buy their shoes first, they are the first to eat, their first to get a haircut and so on. My children are first!!! I do agree that some parents are dress nice and kids aren't. I don't mind the parents looking nice but make sure the kids are treated the same! My husbands ex always dyed her hair and did her nails where the child looked like a rat with a bunch of cavities. That's the crime!! We as parents should be ashamed for us looking better than our kids. If you take care of yourself and your own teeth, take care of the child that come out of you!
dude

United States

#94 Aug 2, 2012
AMERlCAN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a bunch of people that will start screaming how they deserve the food stamps and you should be ashamed. That may be true, but there are far more of them that are just plain lazy and won't work so they work the system. I was at the store two days ago and was behind a woman that got $227.00 of pure junk food and paid for it with her government card. Not one healthy bit of food in the two buggies.
I don't know what they call those cards these days, SNARF cards or something, but they need to regulate them more.
ps. I am the american that was posting on the rudy york golfball hiding in the bushes subject, I just decided to register my name.
Y da hell r u worried about wats n someone else buggy...dats none of ur business!!! Damn nosy ass people!!!
dude

United States

#95 Aug 2, 2012
Y da hell do u care wat they buy...sounds like u jus mad cuz u cant do da same...stop bitchin!!! Oh yeah...do u want a hero cookie 4 workin 2 jobs?lol
Cashier wrote:
I work at a gas station and I have to bite my tounge everyday single day. I work 2 full time jobs to support my family and I can't afford to shop at convenience stores but yet I watch the same people come into the store and buy energy drinks, counter full of candy (which my kids don't get to much of 1.because I don't have the money 2.I think they have enough engery without adding to it)chips just a bunch of junk food and them whoop out their EBT card to pay then they want to pay for their beer, lottery, blunt wraps and cigs with their cash. Then you have those that have the damn nerve to come in and try to whisper "can you ring it up some how to make it look like I bought something and then just me me the cash?" If I knew how or where to report these people I would in a heart beat. Even if I did report them nothing would become of it. I am so fed up with our goverment it's not even funny. If you work a 40 hour week job and still need a little help to make ends meet you get told you make too much money, but if your lazy and just don't want to work and have 3, 4 or 5 kids then they will give you everything a check, foodstamps and medicade. This is so wrong on so many levels. The more I talk about all this BS the more pissed I get!
big john

Cartersville, GA

#96 Aug 3, 2012
blame it all on our government they pass these rules and laws and never enforce them you are supposed to show an ID when using the card no one ever ask for it you can buy food stamps from these crack heads for half price walk in and use there card no questions asked ive been told you can pnch in there number there is to much fraud here and our goverment is to stupid to fix it why should they its only our money
big john

Cartersville, GA

#97 Aug 3, 2012
Mom wrote:
Well there may be a few slipping through the cracks but others need the help. I think the Dfcs is doing the best they can and people need to stop bitching and appreciate the fact there is a place to go for help! If there wasn't then y'all would bitch cause there isn't a place to go. So which is it help or no help? Give some people credit for trying to help. Some people are jealous some people just like to start things and run there mouth. your obviously not to busy working if your on here running your pie hole!!!!!
slipping threw the crack hell the grand canyon is in front of you do you work for them or maybe defax
Mom

Blue Ridge, GA

#98 Aug 3, 2012
big john wrote:
<quoted text>slipping threw the crack hell the grand canyon is in front of you do you work for them or maybe defax
no I do not but I would love to be a social worker. I have though had to have help before when I was a single mom and the father wasn't around or paying CS. So I do appreciate them for helping me feed my child.

“Next Litigants Please”

Since: Mar 12

armpit of the earth

#99 Aug 6, 2012
Cashier wrote:
I work at a gas station and I have to bite my tounge everyday single day. I work 2 full time jobs to support my family and I can't afford to shop at convenience stores but yet I watch the same people come into the store and buy energy drinks, counter full of candy (which my kids don't get to much of 1.because I don't have the money 2.I think they have enough engery without adding to it)chips just a bunch of junk food and them whoop out their EBT card to pay then they want to pay for their beer, lottery, blunt wraps and cigs with their cash. Then you have those that have the damn nerve to come in and try to whisper "can you ring it up some how to make it look like I bought something and then just me me the cash?" If I knew how or where to report these people I would in a heart beat. Even if I did report them nothing would become of it. I am so fed up with our goverment it's not even funny. If you work a 40 hour week job and still need a little help to make ends meet you get told you make too much money, but if your lazy and just don't want to work and have 3, 4 or 5 kids then they will give you everything a check, foodstamps and medicade. This is so wrong on so many levels. The more I talk about all this BS the more pissed I get!
http://dhs.georgia.gov/dhs-oig-incident-form

there yall go, it's just a click away.
jmr2

Jackson, TN

#100 Sep 3, 2012
What do any of who think about this:
Imagine a single mother who works, goes to school full time+, and is about to begin her first internship. This mother was also had to agree to drive her child 5 hours to another city twice a month, temporarily, so her child would not have to make that same trip with their alcoholic father. The only "spare time" this mother has is when he child's father cancels his visit with their child (after the mother has already made the 5 hour trip of course). She feels blessed when she gets over 4 hours of sleep.
She recieves $300 a month in food stamps. I assume she uses coupons towards her groceries because she feels pathetic for using food stamps or any handout; therefore, she tries not to max out her food stamps benefits. Do you think it would be wrong of her to sacrafice a box a waffles or any food item of her own in exchange for an energy drink/shot to help her through the day? Is it that much worse than buying coffee or tea?
Thoughts on this?

“live love laugh”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#101 Sep 3, 2012
jmr2 wrote:
What do any of who think about this:
Imagine a single mother who works, goes to school full time+, and is about to begin her first internship. This mother was also had to agree to drive her child 5 hours to another city twice a month, temporarily, so her child would not have to make that same trip with their alcoholic father. The only "spare time" this mother has is when he child's father cancels his visit with their child (after the mother has already made the 5 hour trip of course). She feels blessed when she gets over 4 hours of sleep.
She recieves $300 a month in food stamps. I assume she uses coupons towards her groceries because she feels pathetic for using food stamps or any handout; therefore, she tries not to max out her food stamps benefits. Do you think it would be wrong of her to sacrafice a box a waffles or any food item of her own in exchange for an energy drink/shot to help her through the day? Is it that much worse than buying coffee or tea?
Thoughts on this?
no I wouldn't blame her to trade two box of waffles to help keep up her schedule. Some ppl don't understand how we need a boost of energy to help finish out the day!

“Reality”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#102 Sep 4, 2012
Fannin Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
no I wouldn't blame her to trade two box of waffles to help keep up her schedule. Some ppl don't understand how we need a boost of energy to help finish out the day!
Try vitamans!!!
Kimberly Jacobson

Cartersville, GA

#103 Sep 4, 2012
dude wrote:
Y da hell do u care wat they buy...sounds like u jus mad cuz u cant do da same...stop bitchin!!! Oh yeah...do u want a hero cookie 4 workin 2 jobs?lol<quoted text>
"Why the h*ll does she care what they buy??" Are you the one working two jobs and your money paying into the Government to give these food stamp benefits? Probably NOT because it seems you didn't even learn to spell when you went to school and then you probably didn't even graduate!! It doesn't sound like she is mad over them getting the Food Stamps, it seems to me that she has a right to be upset that her tax dolllars are being spent FOOLISHLY!! Instead of buying JUNK with them for your kids BUY NUTRITIONAL HEALTHY FOODS you know like fruits and vegtables 100% real juices instead of sodas (cokes) and those sugary high priced convience store priced drinks!! The Food Stamps are "supposed" to be used to make sure that Nutrional Healthy Foods are bought and they are "supposed" to last the month out but if they are spending them at the conveince stores they surely don't last!! This cashier deserves that "hero cookie" for working two jobs she deserves to know that her tax dollars are spent wisely!!
jmr2

Jackson, TN

#104 Sep 4, 2012
Ga missy wrote:
<quoted text>Try vitamans!!!
I personally take the OneADay Energy vitamins. Although they help a little I think a single mom with her schedule would need something that kicks in a little faster with more of a boost. I know she was taking prenatal vitamins at one point, but stopped "wasting her money" when she was still falling asleep between jobs and in class.
Besides I do not think food stamps will purchase vitamins, good suggestion though. She only purchases healthy foods with her benefits, but sometimes a person who doesn't get enough sleep or help could use a caffeine boost. Don't you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White girls with black guys 52 min Omg 8
Heather missing Cartersville woman 1 hr Lifelong resident 1,235
Cartersville Topix regular Trolls and Cat women 2 hr Nouse4idiots 2
Old Couch Wed Black Scrumpty 12
Crown Inn (May '16) Dec 6 Mrs. Scrumpty 51
once go black you never go back is a f**king joke Dec 4 Robert 27
bartow county ci list (Mar '16) Dec 3 Uto 29

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cartersville Mortgages