Buying energy drinks with food stamps

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
mrsgsp

Warner Robins, GA

#1 Apr 25, 2012
I understand there are people that need help and as a civilized country we should do what we can to help our fellow people. But, buying energy drinks is not what I had in mind! I was taking my children to school this morning when I stopped at a gas station to fill up on liquid gold. The lady in front of me bought $5.00 worth of energy drinks on her food stamps card. This to me is ridiculous and abuse of food stamps. Her children cannot drink energy drinks and now will be $5 shorter towards a well balanced meal. I live off of energy drinks like some people live off coffee but I also do not recieve assistance of any sort. The attendant said she does it everyday! This pisses me off!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 25, 2012
I thought there were regulations on what can be bought on those cards....
mrsgsp

Warner Robins, GA

#3 Apr 25, 2012
HIDENKISS wrote:
I thought there were regulations on what can be bought on those cards....
So did I but she was able to do it.*shaking head*
SidMun

Atlanta, GA

#4 Apr 25, 2012
If you go to the hispanic place on tenn street (across from mission tire) you can buy jeans, shirts and beer.
KTIP

Cartersville, GA

#5 Apr 25, 2012
the only regulations on foodstamps are no alchol tobacco products or household goods such as toilet paper, detergent ect... but if it is sold at a convience store , any FOOD product and non alcholic beverages can be purchased, yes it is a shame
american

Cartersville, GA

#6 Apr 25, 2012
chuckling at "liquid gold."
lilly white

Cartersville, GA

#7 Apr 25, 2012
mrsgsp wrote:
I understand there are people that need help and as a civilized country we should do what we can to help our fellow people. But, buying energy drinks is not what I had in mind! I was taking my children to school this morning when I stopped at a gas station to fill up on liquid gold. The lady in front of me bought $5.00 worth of energy drinks on her food stamps card. This to me is ridiculous and abuse of food stamps. Her children cannot drink energy drinks and now will be $5 shorter towards a well balanced meal. I live off of energy drinks like some people live off coffee but I also do not recieve assistance of any sort. The attendant said she does it everyday! This pisses me off!
You think a 5.00 energy drink is bad. This woman spent the weekend with her boy-friend having a ball, Sunday evening all of a sudden she was in pain and had to call the ambulance to be taken to the ER. She is going thru menapause and having a heavy period, so she call the ambulance to take her to get a pain shot and pills. They didn't keep her, BECAUSE there is NOTHING wrong with her. This is the third time in a month she has been to the ER for pain meds. Just think what this is costing the tax payers, she has no insurance and she won't even hunt a job. She is healthy as a horse. And all woman go thru this period thing and we don't run to the ER. This is where your tax money is going.
mrsgsp

Warner Robins, GA

#8 Apr 25, 2012
lilly white wrote:
<quoted text>
You think a 5.00 energy drink is bad. This woman spent the weekend with her boy-friend having a ball, Sunday evening all of a sudden she was in pain and had to call the ambulance to be taken to the ER. She is going thru menapause and having a heavy period, so she call the ambulance to take her to get a pain shot and pills. They didn't keep her, BECAUSE there is NOTHING wrong with her. This is the third time in a month she has been to the ER for pain meds. Just think what this is costing the tax payers, she has no insurance and she won't even hunt a job. She is healthy as a horse. And all woman go thru this period thing and we don't run to the ER. This is where your tax money is going.
Wow, selfish people like this drive me crazy!! I believe in helping others, if not for food stamps I would have starved as a young child. But my "parents " would trade them for drugs and alcohol so I would skip school on the day they would come(they were like coupon booklets back then) and take them from the mailbox and take a taxi to the grocery store. It disgusted me then and still does how people like my "parents" were ok with draining society so they could continue living their destructive lives. I can't imagine how it would be to wake up everyday and not contribute to the world in a positive way. How can a person be content in themselves living on welfare?? Don't get me wrong, there are people out there that work as hard as they can and still can't make ends meet, to those I will offer all the help I possibly can. But, more often than not, people on welfare don't want to work or better themselves. Shame on them!
i know

Cartersville, GA

#9 Apr 25, 2012
You are so right, these people live off of the system and anyone else that will give them anything. Too sorry to work, but if it is to get something free they will bust their butt to get it. They have No ambition to do anything.

“I'm a proud American”

Since: Apr 12

Cartersville, Ga

#10 Apr 25, 2012
lilly white wrote:
<quoted text>
She sounds like one of those type that chases those pain management offices when they sprout up, like the one that used to be behind Ryans.

If I had to go through that period thing like you women do I would just stay drunk for a week till it's over. LOL

“I'm a proud American”

Cartersville, Ga

#11 Apr 25, 2012
mrsgsp wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, selfish people like this drive me crazy!! I believe in helping others, if not for food stamps I would have starved as a young child. But my "parents " would trade them for drugs and alcohol so I would skip school on the day they would come(they were like coupon booklets back then) and take them from the mailbox and take a taxi to the grocery store. It disgusted me then and still does how people like my "parents" were ok with draining society so they could continue living their destructive lives. I can't imagine how it would be to wake up everyday and not contribute to the world in a positive way. How can a person be content in themselves living on welfare?? Don't get me wrong, there are people out there that work as hard as they can and still can't make ends meet, to those I will offer all the help I possibly can. But, more often than not, people on welfare don't want to work or better themselves. Shame on them!
There are a bunch of people that will start screaming how they deserve the food stamps and you should be ashamed. That may be true, but there are far more of them that are just plain lazy and won't work so they work the system. I was at the store two days ago and was behind a woman that got $227.00 of pure junk food and paid for it with her government card. Not one healthy bit of food in the two buggies.

I don't know what they call those cards these days, SNARF cards or something, but they need to regulate them more.

ps. I am the american that was posting on the rudy york golfball hiding in the bushes subject, I just decided to register my name.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Apr 25, 2012
AMERlCAN wrote:
<quoted text>
She sounds like one of those type that chases those pain management offices when they sprout up, like the one that used to be behind Ryans.
If I had to go through that period thing like you women do I would just stay drunk for a week till it's over. LOL
My sisters mother is one of those, come to find out quite a few seniors load up on pain pills then sell them to subsidize thier SS checks.
mrsgsp

Warner Robins, GA

#13 Apr 25, 2012
AMERlCAN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a bunch of people that will start screaming how they deserve the food stamps and you should be ashamed. That may be true, but there are far more of them that are just plain lazy and won't work so they work the system. I was at the store two days ago and was behind a woman that got $227.00 of pure junk food and paid for it with her government card. Not one healthy bit of food in the two buggies.
I don't know what they call those cards these days, SNARF cards or something, but they need to regulate them more.
ps. I am the american that was posting on the rudy york golfball hiding in the bushes subject, I just decided to register my name.
:) I'm not sure what they call them either. I think the food stamps should be regulated like w.i.c. such as listing the foods and brands you can buy. I don't think they should have to live off of beans or what not but that would stop purchases of soda,ding dongs etc. Should include REAL fruit, veggies, meat etc based on the food pyramid. As it now, the government enables these lazy people to do nothing but become obese.
mrsgsp

Warner Robins, GA

#14 Apr 25, 2012
HIDENKISS wrote:
<quoted text>
My sisters mother is one of those, come to find out quite a few seniors load up on pain pills then sell them to subsidize thier SS checks.
That is sad. I feel for the seniors who worked their whole lives to not be able to eat. My grandfather is a retired electrician, the S.S. and retirement he draws comes no where near enough to pay the bills and the HUGE medical cost of numerous doctors, tests, and medication. He fought for our country and worked his ass off and many months they have limited groceries.

“I'm a proud American”

Cartersville, Ga

#16 Apr 26, 2012
I think if you receive food stamps they should have the right to put a tape measure around the calf of your leg. If it measures more than a 4 month old water buffalo's leg, you lose your card. Also if your tits cover more than 3/4's of the area of your body from your shoulders to your waist, you lose your card. If you can't see your girlie thing in the mirror because of your stomach, you should lose your card and be shot.
mrsgsp

Miami, AZ

#17 Apr 26, 2012
AMERlCAN wrote:
I think if you receive food stamps they should have the right to put a tape measure around the calf of your leg. If it measures more than a 4 month old water buffalo's leg, you lose your card. Also if your tits cover more than 3/4's of the area of your body from your shoulders to your waist, you lose your card. If you can't see your girlie thing in the mirror because of your stomach, you should lose your card and be shot.
ROFL!!!! I can't even comment because I'm laughing so hard!
mrsgsp

Miami, AZ

#18 Apr 26, 2012
What do you think of wrote:
I am a college student working towards my nursing degree. Not too long ago I lost my job and this last week I received my first food stamps card.
Mind you, I lost my job last year, it took me this long to actually break down and apply for it, and I felt so bad about getting this card that I actually am repulsed by myself when I use it.
I was raised better than to use someone else's hard earned money. But I had to suck it up and face the fact that I need to eat. How in the world can i go into a profession instructing other people on how to live well and be healthy if i cant do the same for myself?
I am a student, I work really hard at what I am doing, my friends and I even have days of the week designated for job hunting. People solely rely on benefits and forget that this is supposed to be TEMPORARY assistance.
I think that if you do have a food stamps card, it should be used as responsibly as possible, but there are times when a pick me up is needed. I stick to coffee for the most part but there are times when the cup of joe isn't enough to get me through the day or make me realize I've been trying to stick my mail key in my cars ignition for ten minutes.
You are the few that are the exception. People should not be ashamed when they work hard but cant make it for unforeseen reasons. But the ones that are just lazy ruin it for everybody. I'm not talking about an occasional pick me up, from what the attendent says this individual spends at least $150 a month on energy drinks, what food is she buying? My guess hot dogs and junk food since she spent $150 already.
What do you think of

United States

#19 Apr 28, 2012
mrsgsp wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the few that are the exception. People should not be ashamed when they work hard but cant make it for unforeseen reasons. But the ones that are just lazy ruin it for everybody. I'm not talking about an occasional pick me up, from what the attendent says this individual spends at least $150 a month on energy drinks, what food is she buying? My guess hot dogs and junk food since she spent $150 already.
Food stamps should be tracked.I still just cannot fathom 150 dollars a month on energy drinks! And the health problems from drinking all of them? And I would bet my car that if she or the person she was buying them for got sick she would go After the state for "what they did." kinda like "I chose, bought, and ate Mcdonalds until i put my own life in jepoardy. Where's my I'm sorry money?"

“Reality”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#20 Apr 28, 2012
I say let 'em get the drinks.They just might come up with enough energy to work!!!:p
Maybe

Onalaska, WA

#21 May 4, 2012
You can't buy energy drinks with food stamps the person is mistaken.. And maybe should mind their own business!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robby Carr Murder 1 hr makesyouthink 104
News Woman dies after car is hit on U.S. 41 (Jun '06) 13 hr anonymous 3
Review: Dent Repair Inc. (Aug '14) 13 hr Elmer 17
Two arrested as homicide investigation continues Thu GET EM ALL 4
Worst jobs to work in Cartersville Thu dab 15
iron order mc vs. the outlaws mc (Jan '10) Tue MSO4 517
Former CPD officers: Reverse jail ministry deci... Tue monkeymann 6
More from around the web

Cartersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE