black mold at the bartow county jail....please read

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#1 Feb 4, 2009
So if you dont want Lawsuits please Remedy the Black MOLD situation at the BARTOW COUNTY JAIL
Can lead to fungal infections! "Every precaution that needs to be taken, should be!"
"black mold" can cause respiratory damage and severe headaches.
The study of pathogenic fungi is referred to as medical mycology.
Although fungi are eukaryotic organisms many pathogenic fungi are also microorganisms.
Able to cause (harmful) disease.
symptoms of the "fungal syndrome" include, but are not limited to decreased resistance to disease, headaches, dizziness, unsteady gait, mood changes, lack of concentration, diarrhea, and extreme fatigue. Allergic reactions may also include rhinitis, sinusitis, conjunctivitis, asthma and hives.
Clearly, only a cautious remediation standard can be applied to the building and its contents. At the very least, the roof must be repaired, the building air conditioned, the air dehumidified, and its contents either discarded or decontaminated and removed from the premises. Moisture tests must be conducted on building materials in order to ascertain whether walls, ceilings, and wood members can remain or should be discarded. As a given, all carpets, paper and fabrics must be discarded. Tests should be conducted inside walls and between floors in order to discover hidden reservvoirs of fungal growth. Work areas of remediation must be completely demised in order to prevent recontamination from one space to another.
The extent of the fungi's role in human disease is only now becoming clear.Fungal spores are the chief vector for most human fungal diseases besides poisoning and cancer through ingestion.
Common Sense

United States

#2 Feb 5, 2009
So when did you serve time there huh?

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#3 Feb 5, 2009
Common Sense wrote:
So when did you serve time there huh?
For your imformation I have never served any time at that BLACK MOLD STAPH INFESTED HELLHOLE, but I do know for a fact that what I speak of! So try something you know something about!
Common Sense

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2009
Yep I figured as much ya gotta lay off that Meth
Black Mold in this Forum

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 5, 2009
We want the lawsuit. Bring it. Oh wait, that's right, you can't afford an attorney for a lawsuit because you spend all of your money supporting incarcerated criminal deviants.

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#6 Feb 5, 2009
Common Sense wrote:
Yep I figured as much ya gotta lay off that Meth
First of all, I have never done meth, are you trying to hide your addiction? Secondly, People that have done Meth, would not even realize the danger they are in. Maybe you are the one tht needs to be exposed!
And I forgive you for your misjudgement of me!

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#7 Feb 5, 2009
Black Mold in this Forum wrote:
We want the lawsuit. Bring it. Oh wait, that's right, you can't afford an attorney for a lawsuit because you spend all of your money supporting incarcerated criminal deviants.
Where have I said that I "financially support " "incarcerated criminal deviants" your words? Yes I do have the money to hire an attorney for a lawsuit but you know that there isn't any money left at the sheriff's department because of the way the "PART TIME SHERIFF" spends!
To bad that you can't use some form of your own name like I do! What are you scared that someone will find out that you are inept to understand the dangers?
Unmerciful

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 5, 2009
kimmbo wrote:
<quoted text>
To bad that you can't use some form of your own name like I do! What are you scared that someone will find out that you are inept to understand the dangers?
And how exactly are we to know You are using Your real name Dumbo...sorry...I mean Kimmbo? Just because you said so? You support criminals and their behavior after all, so how are we supposed to trust your word? Mind 'splainin that one to me?

And what exactly does "you are inept to understand the dangers?" mean exactly anyway? What sort of 'danger' should I be too inept at fearing exactly? And if your so 'educated', as you claim, then why is it you insist on making the audience think otherwise by constantly failing to use proper grammatical context when typing these maniacal outbursts?

...you are inept to understand.... Good Lord Girl!
Common Sense

Powder Springs, GA

#9 Feb 5, 2009
I bet you voted for Obama and hug trees kimboob

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#10 Feb 6, 2009
Common Sense wrote:
I bet you voted for Obama and hug trees kimboob
Just so you know, it is NONE of your business who I voted for but I DID NOT VOTE FOR OBAMA and I have never hugged a tree. SO put that in your pipe and smoke it. I did however VOTE FOR BILL EVANS and will again in 4 years!
Black Mold

United States

#11 Feb 6, 2009
Dammit kimboo kinta leave me the hell out of this I like it at the jail

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#12 Feb 7, 2009
Black Mold wrote:
Dammit kimboo kinta leave me the hell out of this I like it at the jail
LOL Ahaha
I would but when there are people there that can die from you, but not everyone deserves to die that way!
Barbara Smith

Cartersville, GA

#13 Feb 8, 2009
It appears no one takes mold serious. CBS recently did a story on a brand new home in Bartow County. It is wrong to have it in the Jail house? Many times, it is played down because they don't want to pay the money for mold remediation. It gets into the air conditioning system and travels throughout the entire jail. You should read the story on the Bartow County Mold Home. CBS appears to show in on the families windows. http://mynewbartowcountymoldhome.com . However, this inolves a bad builder. It has pages on bad construction and burried stuff. It appears she took her case to the Courthouse and no result and now has talked to the Senate at the Capital. She is left homeless and states she doesn't want anyone else to end up homeless buying a new home.
Barbara Smith

Cartersville, GA

#14 Feb 8, 2009
Sorry, regarding the mold information I researched. It is http://georgiamoldhouse.com . I hope the jail hires a good remediation company. Once the air unit is on, it sends the mold spores to every room in the jail or home.

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#15 Feb 8, 2009
Barbara Smith: FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART THANK YOU!
It seems to me that the only people that do care are the ones trying to get something done about it, all the other postings are wishing death upon the inmates, and anyone else that says anything about it. Thank you again. Maybe now someone will wake up.
Iabout time

United States

#16 Feb 8, 2009
I'm glad to see someone has the "Guts" to finally say something about the conditions inside the jail. Not only are the inmates exposed to Staph and Black Mold so is the staff. What do you people think the man pulling the "Outhouse" was trying to tell you. Inmates clean the Black Mold before the jail is inspected by the Grand Jury when it is in session, but most of the time, they don't get to, because time runs out.
Unmerciful

Atlanta, GA

#17 Feb 8, 2009
So if this Black Mold infestation is such an issue then why doesn't someone contact OSHA and have them visit the jail for testing? And please don't give me any conspiracy theories about OSHA and the Bartow Government being on the same team. They are literally worlds apart as far as government entities go.
Anybody?

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#18 Feb 8, 2009
Unmerciful wrote:
So if this Black Mold infestation is such an issue then why doesn't someone contact OSHA and have them visit the jail for testing? And please don't give me any conspiracy theories about OSHA and the Bartow Government being on the same team. They are literally worlds apart as far as government entities go.
Anybody?
For the same reason that "PART-TIME" WILL NOT LET THE NEWS MEDIA IN THERE IS BECAUSE THEY WILL FIND OUT WHAT A SHI**Y JOB HE IS DOING AS SHERIFF,DUMBA**! WHEN WILL YOU EVER GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF CLARKS A** AND REALIZE THAT SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE AND THERE ARE MANY OF US THAT ARE NOT GOING TO QUIT UNTIL SOMETHING GETS DONE!!! I did contact the local health department they transferred me to the Enviromental health agency here in Bartow county and I was told the only thing that they inspect is the kitchen, can't be doing to good of a job there either when people are served styrofoam cup peices in their food! To Bad you didn't get one and CHOKE on it!
Unmerciful

Atlanta, GA

#19 Feb 8, 2009
Temper there Dummbo.

I didn't say anything about the Local Health Department or the EPA. I clearly said OSHA. Please py attention.

I'm sure if these problems were as bad as you claim then at least ONE employee there would have done something. So why haven't they. Can you answer that or just hurl insults?

Now go contact OSHA. That stands for Occupational Safety and Health Administration for you slower readers. Get a report and bring us back what you find. We're curious to see just how legit this really is. Put your money where you really, really big mouth is.

Since: Jan 09

Cartersville

#20 Feb 9, 2009
Iabout time
Rome, GA
I'm glad to see someone has the "Guts" to finally say something about the conditions inside the jail. Not only are the inmates exposed to Staph and Black Mold so is the staff. What do you people think the man pulling the "Outhouse" was trying to tell you. Inmates clean the Black Mold before the jail is inspected by the Grand Jury when it is in session, but most of the time, they don't get to, because time runs out.

Unmerciful, apparently you can't read someone else has seen or heard about the BLACK MOLD and apparently they know what they are talking about! Osha can only come in on work sites and or accidents at work sites have you ever been told this? Apparently not! The Centers for Disease Control have even said that the only one that can fix the problem is the person in CHARGE of the jail, and we both know that he is to busy spending the TAXPAYERS money foolishly! As for an employee filing a complaint have you ever thought that they may be afraid of losing their job? It's already happened to one of the finest Deputies I know because he blew the whistle!
Again before you start flapping your lips in the wind you might want to check these things out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1st presbyterian church of cartersville (Dec '10) 6 hr The Pope 105
Bartow County Sheriff's Deputies (Sep '13) 7 hr Tom 33
Cartersville Music Selection (Sep '12) Fri Musikologist 13
Carmike cinema closing in 2016? Fri Tom Tom 14
Pizza Hut??? Fri Really 2
Officer Pifer Fri Bill 5
Why are Cartersville High School's teachers all... Thu One of Them 35

Flood Watch for Bartow County was issued at December 27 at 6:29PM EST

Cartersville News Video

Cartersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cartersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cartersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cartersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:02 am PST

NBC Sports10:02AM
Julio Jones, Steven Jackson questionable for Sunday
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Panthers RB Williams probable vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
ESPN10:41 AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
NBC Sports11:09 AM
Falcons boosted by Julio Jones' return to practice - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers