First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Freddie

Cartersville, GA

#1 Jan 23, 2011
Wow, it looks like we're in for a rough ride with our three new Bartow school board members. The 3 new members all voted to make newbie Davis Nelson chairman and newbie Angie Cornett Vice-chair.

Davis's brother Charles was fired last year and locked up by the GBI on enbezzlement charges involving Woodland High where he taught. Go back to 1998 when Davis was superintendent and he was canned for financial problems. The next year he had three allies elected to the board and they hired an outside auditing company to come in and clear Davis's name. Instead the auditor reported that $3.6 million had been misappropriated. Left egg on their faces.

Then the other newbie John Howard is running around acting like he is the king of the school system - micromanaging in violation of state law. Pray people pray.
Flip Wilson II

Cartersville, GA

#2 Jan 23, 2011
Guess we need to get Tammy Farr to run next year for the Adairsville seat. Davis would have to start wearing Depends
Cash Watch 2011

Cartersville, GA

#3 Jan 24, 2011
Boy I tell ya Davis sure has his hands full gettin money from the county, the Danny Deems softball factory I mean Excel, and Smilin Joe ( my teeth don't move when I talk ) Edwards. Bartow is in for sum real trouble with this jackass crook around
1fedup1

Cartersville, GA

#4 Jan 26, 2011
Cash Watch 2011 wrote:
Boy I tell ya Davis sure has his hands full gettin money from the county, the Danny Deems softball factory I mean Excel, and Smilin Joe ( my teeth don't move when I talk ) Edwards. Bartow is in for sum real trouble with this jackass crook around
ARE YOU JEALOUS???Just because Davis Nelson can hold down 2 different JOBS and you probably cant hold down one! Danny Deems is a fine upstanding citizen and a very good Lawyer! And as for your Smart Alec comment about Joe Edwards whats wrong do your dentures not fit? I know that he wouldn't stoop so low as to comment back but I sure as Heck will I know that he will be praying for you!!
God Bless you have a great day!!
Hank

Cartersville, GA

#5 Jan 26, 2011
Don't have anything agsint Danny or Joe, but Davis Nelson is bad news. He sweets talks everybody and acts like Mr. Christian, but his past is littered with people he walked over or tried to destroy. He wants to be superintendent again to thumb his nose in the face of those who exposed him. If I were current superintendent John Harper I'd watch my back. Davis is already working to try to run him off.
Lady Bug

Cartersville, GA

#6 Feb 4, 2011
Nelson, sounds like a conflict of interest to me. Headmaster at Excel and Chairman of Board at Bartow County School. He's a sneaky snake, and everybody will know what he's up to before it's over with. As for Howard, he's just an idiot, he has said in public that he is only their for his daughter. What about the rest of the student's in Bartow County? Cornet, well you know, can't be trusted. She's all about herself.
apple

United States

#7 Feb 10, 2011
Well Bartow voted for him & how you get what you ask for. Nelson has took down allot of people in his day. For a so called Christian he is the most evil man I have ever met. All the board members better watch their backs cause that man will turn on you in a heart beat to get what he wants. And that is POWER! and money. Better be watching to see if he gets his brother out of trouble, to clear the family name. You can thank all those parents up at White Elm for Howard, lets see if he come thru with all the things he promised them. As for Cornet, this is just a stepping stone for her, she is grooming herself for a house seat, just getting her feet wet. She made promises to board members then voted for Nelson, who in turn voted to have her a co chair....what a joke!
By the way can anyone tell me what the out come was on the Nelson/Maier scandal?
Lady Bug

Cartersville, GA

#8 Feb 10, 2011
Maier being the compassionate man that he is, couldn't stand the thoughts of Nelson's daughter losing her teaching certificate. He had her dead to rights in court. He caved and ask only for an apology. Should have sent her and Nelson to jail. What a shame.
apple

United States

#9 Feb 11, 2011
WOW, how in the world Nelson won over a man like that is beyond me! I have always heard great things about him, what a shame for the children of Bartow Co. I would have put them under the jail.
All messed up

Cartersville, GA

#10 May 20, 2011
My brother Davis is a crook. He is not for the boy and girls, he is trying to pad his pockets. He is greedy, ask the members at Racoon Creek Church. Got over 4 million dollars for his place and can live there the rest of his life, has retirement from the school system, has rental property, and now he is head dick at Excel. Talking about greed, greed, shelfish, over bearing, power hungry, can not be trusted. Watch him screw up our school system again. It is coming, see how many good people leave our system. It took many, many, years to get the schools back on track, watch him destroy the schools again. More to come.
All messed up

Cartersville, GA

#11 May 20, 2011
Flip Wilson II wrote:
Guess we need to get Tammy Farr to run next year for the Adairsville seat. Davis would have to start wearing Depends
Yes, let us talk to her, maybe she will consider it.
Cary

Cartersville, GA

#12 May 21, 2011
Superintendents are hired now, but back in 1992 Davis ran for superintendent agsinst Raiford Cantrell the incumbent. Cantrell's sister said a few things about Davis so he sued her and won forcing her to pay him thousands of dollars and wiped her out. He is mean and vindictive.
R u Shocked

Cartersville, GA

#13 May 21, 2011
He's a lowlife piece of garbage
Fits in with the rest of the Excel crowd and the Joe Edwards cult village
Parent

Rome, GA

#14 May 21, 2011
Freddie wrote:
Then the other newbie John Howard is running around acting like he is the king of the school system - micromanaging in violation of state law. Pray people pray.
we have one like that in Polk, too - report it to SACS??
Cartersville Christian

Cartersville, GA

#15 May 22, 2011
What is the story on Joe Edwards? I always thought he was a well thought of man around town? His wife is a joy to be around, too.
Educator

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 25, 2011
Cary wrote:
Superintendents are hired now, but back in 1992 Davis ran for superintendent agsinst Raiford Cantrell the incumbent. Cantrell's sister said a few things about Davis so he sued her and won forcing her to pay him thousands of dollars and wiped her out. He is mean and vindictive.
Hmmmm
Educator

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Aug 25, 2011
Would be interesting if one could get the minutes of the board meeting where he resigned. Maybe someone should use the "open records act" and ask for these. Might be reason to be fearful of him "getting his job" back.
Educator

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Aug 25, 2011
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
we have one like that in Polk, too - report it to SACS??
Just remember, they like Obama, serve at the will of the people. We can speak at the poll!!! Pray and vote.
Educator

Ponchatoula, LA

#19 Aug 25, 2011
All messed up wrote:
My brother Davis is a crook. He is not for the boy and girls, he is trying to pad his pockets. He is greedy, ask the members at Racoon Creek Church. Got over 4 million dollars for his place and can live there the rest of his life, has retirement from the school system, has rental property, and now he is head dick at Excel. Talking about greed, greed, shelfish, over bearing, power hungry, can not be trusted. Watch him screw up our school system again. It is coming, see how many good people leave our system. It took many, many, years to get the schools back on track, watch him destroy the schools again. More to come.
AMEN, AMEN AND AMEN!!!!! I hope Dr. Harper realizes what he is up against. Evil, Evil and more evil....The 2 board members who are voting with him are just as guilty as he is. He has his eye on the Superintendent's seat and nothing will stop him til he gets it. A very sad day for Bartow County parents and students.
Crassaction

Rome, GA

#20 Aug 26, 2011
Educator wrote:
Would be interesting if one could get the minutes of the board meeting where he resigned. Maybe someone should use the "open records act" and ask for these. Might be reason to be fearful of him "getting his job" back.
Perhaps you should try? Generally, personnel decisions are more difficult to obtain but you can certainly go for it. O.C.G.A 50-18-70. They have to respond within three business days and if you don't like the answer, there are other avenues

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chopper Read 55,602
Sheriff candidate 8 hr Jayson Jenkins 10
Why are all Cartersville female cops lesbian? (Sep '13) 18 hr gfunkera 585
iron order mc vs. the outlaws mc (Jan '10) Thu iron_order_AL 477
Officer Pifer Thu gfunkera 3
Deputy Woody (Nov '10) Thu The End 88
pendley heating and air has some hot men workin... Thu Clyde 8
•••

Cartersville News Video

•••
Cartersville Dating

more search filters

less search filters