First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 25, 2008
The Daily Tribune reported,
Man arrested on drug charge

David Clark Millsap, 22, of 15 Cut Off Road, Cartersville, was arrested Monday about 5:24 p.m. by a Bartow County Sheriff's office deputy and charged with possession of marijuana.

Millsap is Sheriff Clark Millsap's son.

"Is it killing me as a father? Yes, it is," Sheriff Millsap said. "But like I said eight years ago when I became sheriff, it doesn't matter who you are, you've got to pay if you make a mistake."

According to the incident report the deputy conducted a traffic stop on a 1996 Honda Civic because of its broken tail-light lenses. The driver, Millsap, gave consent to search the vehicle and what was thought to be marijuana was found in the center console.

The deputy called a Cartersville/Bartow County Drug Task Force lieutenant, who assumed control of the investigation.
Bartow Resident

Cartersville, GA

#2 Sep 25, 2008
That goes to prove Millsap will have anyone arrested that is in the wrong in Bartow County. It doesn't matter if you are related to the sheriff, if you are found in possession of DRUGS, then you will go to JAIL. That is a proven FACT that Millsap WILL HAVE HIS DEPUTIES UPHOLD THE LAW, and I think that is why we need to KEEP SHERIFF CLARK MILLSAP in the Sheriff's Department. But, now on the other hand, Bill Evans has openly told people in Bartow County, that he will NOT ARREST HIS OWN BROTHER, DANIEL, FOR OPENLY USING DRUGS. This brings up a question of WHO WILL BE BETTER AS SHERIFF? Millsap will have the deputies uphold the law but Evans will have the deputies arrest anyone other than his, Evans's, family members. So now the question comes up again, as it has with others that has posted in other forums, "CAN, OR WILL BILL EVANS ARREST HIS OWN FAMILY MEMBERS?" His answer,CAME RIGHT OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH, is "NO I WILL NOT," but then if you ask Millsap "WILL YOU ARREST YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS?" and you can see that the answer is "YES I WILL AND YES I HAVE."

You all need to think long and hard about electing Bill Evans as Sheriff, because we all know that if he will not arrest a family member, he can not truthfully uphold the law.

Now that Sheriff Clark Millsap will arrest his own son, tells you that he WILL UPHOLD THE LAW. It doen't matter they are, if they do wrong they will go to jail.

MY VOTE WILL GO TO THE SHERIFF OF BARTOW COUNTY 2008 'SHERIFF CLARK MILLSAP'
yeah ok

AOL

#3 Sep 25, 2008
If his deputies upheld the law, then this kid would of went on to jail instead waiting 19 hours before being arrested. Don't you Think?
and another thing, I think he is self serving using his own sons belated arrest to try to make himself look better in the public eye saying he will arrest anyone if they break the law. having that quote in the paper is just sick. We all know what he was thinking about at the time.. THE ELECTION, Not his SON
Seen not heard

Marietta, GA

#4 Sep 25, 2008
yeah ok wrote:
If his deputies upheld the law, then this kid would of went on to jail instead waiting 19 hours before being arrested. Don't you Think?
and another thing, I think he is self serving using his own sons belated arrest to try to make himself look better in the public eye saying he will arrest anyone if they break the law. having that quote in the paper is just sick. We all know what he was thinking about at the time.. THE ELECTION, Not his SON
Let me go on the record and say that I know both of them personally, and personally would rather not know Bill Evans now that he has said he would play favorites and not put his own family in jail. What character!!!
Cautious in Cartersville

Cartersville, GA

#5 Sep 25, 2008
It's obvious this is a political scam to sway the public that Millsap would arrest anyone and at his son's expense - how Sad!!! If I was caught with drugs I would have been taken directly to jail and not 19 hours later WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
Waterford

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 25, 2008
The 22 year old was not arrested, placed in a patrol car and taken to jail. He walked into the jail lobby 19 hours later than the original stop. Booked and bonded right there and turned around and walked out. Wake up People!!!!!!!!!!
The Truth is

Rome, GA

#8 Sep 26, 2008
Early voting has started and it is millsap 234 and Evans 2424 Clark is way behind go bill go
The Truth is

Rome, GA

#9 Sep 26, 2008
Seen not heard wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me go on the record and say that I know both of them personally, and personally would rather not know Bill Evans now that he has said he would play favorites and not put his own family in jail. What character!!!
You dont no anything Danial Evans is in Virgina helping his mother brother on the family farm. And is not one drugs.I think you are last name clark the discustig low ranking fn clark assss kisser at the so.
Unmerciful

Knoxville, TN

#10 Sep 26, 2008
Sure. I can see how the whole scenario played out...

"Son, I want you to take this marijuana, place it in your console, and go get yourself arrested. This way we can defraud the Bartow voters into believing that I'm really about upholding the law equally among all citizens and I'll be a shoe-in at the polls!"

"No problem dad. Brilliant idea by the way."

Wake up indeed!
its child abuse

Rome, GA

#11 Sep 26, 2008
Unmerciful wrote:
"Son, I want you to take this marijuana, place it in your console, and go get yourself arrested. This way we can defraud the Bartow voters into believing that I'm really about upholding the law equally among all citizens and I'll be a shoe-in at the polls!"
Wake up indeed! This son should go to the state Bord of election and report his dad and git some help with his drug problem. The dad don't care about him or he would not do what he has don.
This son should go to the state Bord of election and report his dad and git some help with his drug problem. The dad don't care about him or he would not do what he has don.
dont know your logic

Cartersville, GA

#12 Sep 26, 2008
Unmerciful wrote:
Wake up indeed!
Now, lets see if I understand your way of thought. You say that this is just a ploy to make Millsap look better, well then, I think you should tell your son or daughter to go out and do the same thing. Then we will see if you don't take some time to talk to them, which may take many hours, and explain to them what they are doing is in the wrong. Then we will see if you would let them walk into the jail, turn themself in and let them get booked, and get them bonded out. That would be hard on a family, but would make that person take the time to ponder on what they did wrong. Any real parent would take some time to talk to their son or daughter and after a little time, that person's heart and soul would hurt to a point that they would have to turn themself in. I think that the two of them did the right, family thing, and that they both know what had happened was wrong. Maybe now, his son can get the help that Millsap wants him to get. At least, that is better than what Evans has said about not even having a family member arrested for doing wrong. I think that if Evans was put into the same place as Millsap was, then Evans would probably had done the same thing and talk to them first and let them turn themself in, when their heart and soul couldn't take the pressure anymore. It took a man to walk into the jail knowing that he was about to be booked, and I can say that many of you out there would not have even done that.
no this

Rome, GA

#13 Sep 26, 2008
dont know your logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, lets see if I understand your way of thought. You say that this is just a ploy to make Millsap look better, well then, I think you should tell your son or daughter to go out and do the same thing. Then we will see if you don't take some time to talk to them, which may take many hours, and explain to them what they are doing is in the wrong. Then we will see if you would let them walk into the jail, turn themself in and let them get booked, and get them bonded out. That would be hard on a family, but would make that person take the time to ponder on what they did wrong. Any real parent would take some time to talk to their son or daughter and after a little time, that person's heart and soul would hurt to a point that they would have to turn themself in. I think that the two of them did the right, family thing, and that they both know what had happened was wrong. Maybe now, his son can get the help that Millsap wants him to get. At least, that is better than what Evans has said about not even having a family member arrested for doing wrong. I think that if Evans was put into the same place as Millsap was, then Evans would probably had done the same thing and talk to them first and let them turn themself in, when their heart and soul couldn't take the pressure anymore. It took a man to walk into the jail knowing that he was about to be booked, and I can say that many of you out there would not have even done that.
He new dad and grand dad will take care of him.anyone elce would have been arrested at the Sean. You know that clark. I still can't believe you are as corrupt as you are .I voted for you in 200.I wont do that again. also you need to admit you have lost and quit grabbing for strings.
insider

AOL

#14 Sep 26, 2008
Bartow Resident wrote:
That goes to prove Millsap will have anyone arrested that is in the wrong in Bartow County. It doesn't matter if you are related to the sheriff, if you are found in possession of DRUGS, then you will go to JAIL. That is a proven FACT that Millsap WILL HAVE HIS DEPUTIES UPHOLD THE LAW, and I think that is why we need to KEEP SHERIFF CLARK MILLSAP in the Sheriff's Department. But, now on the other hand, Bill Evans has openly told people in Bartow County, that he will NOT ARREST HIS OWN BROTHER, DANIEL, FOR OPENLY USING DRUGS. This brings up a question of WHO WILL BE BETTER AS SHERIFF? Millsap will have the deputies uphold the law but Evans will have the deputies arrest anyone other than his, Evans's, family members. So now the question comes up again, as it has with others that has posted in other forums, "CAN, OR WILL BILL EVANS ARREST HIS OWN FAMILY MEMBERS?" His answer,CAME RIGHT OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH, is "NO I WILL NOT," but then if you ask Millsap "WILL YOU ARREST YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS?" and you can see that the answer is "YES I WILL AND YES I HAVE."
You all need to think long and hard about electing Bill Evans as Sheriff, because we all know that if he will not arrest a family member, he can not truthfully uphold the law.
Now that Sheriff Clark Millsap will arrest his own son, tells you that he WILL UPHOLD THE LAW. It doen't matter they are, if they do wrong they will go to jail.
You are a liar, plan and simple. Bill Evans has never said any such of a thing. But I do hope he breaks his promise to keep everyone, just to fire your sorry a-s. Your corrupt as they come. But I do at least fill good to no that God will deal with you and your kind in the near future.
insider

AOL

#15 Sep 26, 2008
Seen not heard wrote:
<quoted text>
And the same goes for you. By the way you would be better off if you were not Seen and not heard as well.
insider

AOL

#16 Sep 26, 2008
By the way the arrest really did happen, but people heard it on there scanners and there were also some other people in the car with young Millsap. So it couldn't be covered up. It took 19 hours for them to figure out what to do about, and let the drugs pass through his system. Keep in mind they also did not drug test him even though he was driving. I have worked in here at the Sheriff's Department for many years and believe me that is not standard. He should have at least had his blood tested. They will have it all thrown out of court after the election, that's why they never tested or arrested the other people in the car. It would have made it hard to do that and them get rid of the charges just on David Millsap. It is sorry as sh-t for his own father to us this incident for political gain, and I for one hope to get this place cleaned back up and get back to business after this election. It's been tuff on all of us but hang in Bill there are more people here pulling for you than you can imagine. And that's from a true insider to you. Good luck friend.
insider

AOL

#17 Sep 26, 2008
Let me slip one more thing in before I go. I was talking to some of the other guys, and we came up with 12 different incidents involving Buddies, Employees or good ole boys and friends of Clark Millsap's that he did not make an arrest in such cases as, DUI, Drugs pocession, Family Violance, Interference with Government Property, and Drug use. But yet he wants to lead people to believe he is hard on crime. (Will arrest his own family member) Bull Sh-t. He let the arrest stand on his own son, as he should. But he didn't have a choose. Maybe the boy can get some help I don't think marijuana is the only thing he is doing. Then his own father uses this incident to try and make a political statement. You need your ass kicked Millsap and so does your father and brothers for letting you do this.
Gosh Darn

AOL

#18 Sep 26, 2008
dont know your logic wrote:
<quoted text>
The EveryDAy Joe doesn't get time to ponder on what they done wrong or is able to have a parent of friend to talk to about what they have done and then be able to turn themselves in. It's off to JAIL for the average guy. If that was the case, then this was FAVORTISM. Sure, everyone that get caught wishes they could go home, eat, take a shower and then turn themselves in, instead of just being hauled off to jail.. Wonder if he got to drive his car home??
tator

AOL

#19 Sep 26, 2008
Bartow Resident wrote:
You cannot make me believe that Bill Evans said he would not arrest his brother, or a family member. That would be stupid for him as a candidate for Sheriff. Heck, when he could just lie and say he would. or should we just credit him for being honest. Maybe, he would have a deputy do it.
truth hurts

Rome, GA

#20 Sep 26, 2008
yes and friends to also they stopped at Mcdonalds
tator

AOL

#21 Sep 26, 2008
Guess, it took daddy Millsap 19 hours to pack up his fishing tackle and lock up his house in Alabama to get back home to lecture the boy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather McDonald missing cartersville woman 53 min A_Fisher 39
1st amendment censorship 4 hr Scrumpty 40
Outrage At Bartow BOE Actions (May '14) 9 hr catchin up 47
Church at Liberty Square 13 hr Medicine Man 1
The Church At Liberty Square (Nov '13) 13 hr Medicine Man 16
Wtf 14 hr J_Proctor 8
clown sightings in dellinger park 19 hr StP7 4

Cartersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance